PDA

View Full Version : Parking for Semi Final

john18722
09-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but if it has please can someone direct me to the relevant thread. Me, my mate and my Dad are driving through on Saturday. Normally we would just get the train so I am not sure where the best place to park would be be for the side of the ground we have been allocated. Can someone give us an indication of where is best to park? I am assuming we would come in on the new M74 extension??:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

hibeelin
09-04-2012, 02:33 PM
If anybody has decent driving directions I would be grateful. Got permit for car park so would need to drive round the front for the stadium.

Thanks peeps:flag:

john18722
09-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Seems like Queens Park is actually open to park cars in at £5 per car. Think we might just head there. Its the wrong side of the ground but it not far and it seems easy to get to from the M74 extension.

Keith_M
09-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Parking for the East Side of the ground is usually Toryglen.

Junction 1A is the exit (I think).

I'd imagine there'll be directions provided on the club web-site before Saturday

H18sry
09-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Loads of on street parking less than a 5 minute walk from our end :wink:

Billy Whizz
09-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but if it has please can someone direct me to the relevant thread. Me, my mate and my Dad are driving through on Saturday. Normally we would just get the train so I am not sure where the best place to park would be be for the side of the ground we have been allocated. Can someone give us an indication of where is best to park? I am assuming we would come in on the new M74 extension??:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Take the new M74 extension and come off at "Polmadie". This area is usually where the Supporters buses are parked. If you can park anywhere in this area go for it. Walk upto the top of the road and you will see ASDA. The ground is on the other side of the road

gobragh1875
09-04-2012, 07:28 PM
carpark at the back of asda enter in where the buses are parked

ekhibee
09-04-2012, 11:59 PM
They usually open the park next to Langside College/the New Victoria Hospital, there's plenty of parking there, and it's pretty well a straight walk to Hampden from there.

derekHFC
10-04-2012, 11:02 AM
M8 and take the M73 turn off after the Showcase. At the end of the slip road at the roundabout, take a left onto the M73. Get into the outside lane and head for the M74. Stay on this until junction 1A for Polmadie. At the end of the slip road, stay left and turn left. Follow this road until you see Asda on your left and park just before it, facing the way you came. Don't go through Rutherglen as that is a nightmare on match-days.

hibee62
10-04-2012, 11:26 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120410/hibees-at-hampden-travel-info_2262950_2729698

No designated parking area! Brilliant! Who's smart idea was that?

Green Man
10-04-2012, 12:23 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120410/hibees-at-hampden-travel-info_2262950_2729698

No designated parking area! Brilliant! Who's smart idea was that?

Hampden and/or the police I think, looks like that's copied from the Hampden website.

hibee62
10-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Hampden and/or the police I think, looks like that's copied from the Hampden website.

I emailed Glasgow City Parking and they said that Queen's Park Recreational Ground is open for both sets of fans. Looks like for some reason Toryglen is not available all weekend if you look on their website.

Wrong side of the stadium but at least its likely to be safe parking.

hibee_nation
10-04-2012, 01:23 PM
If you were to buy something in asda would you get long enough parking there or do they slap a ticket on you after 2 hours.

Keith_M
10-04-2012, 02:45 PM
If you were to buy something in asda would you get long enough parking there or do they slap a ticket on you after 2 hours.

You'll get ticketed, possibly even towed. They are REALLY big on towing your car in that area, especially in nearby streets.

I'm surprised about the closure of Toryglen. That means parking will be a nightmare, becuase most streets will be coned (see warning above re: towing).

FWIW, public transport is really good around there and I'd recommend not taking your car if you really don't have to.

hibee62
10-04-2012, 02:51 PM
I emailed the ticket office letting them know about what Glasgow City Parking said and that they should perhaps double check this and announce it for everyone to know. But no answer as yet...

Although I'm not sure ticket office was the best place to email, I just assumed it was them who dealt with this sort of thing...

Billy Whizz
10-04-2012, 04:05 PM
I was round that way today and picked my parking spot for Saturday!!!!

And just to let you on my "dummy run" Hibs won 2-0:top marks

cabbageandribs1875
10-04-2012, 04:08 PM
I was round that way today and picked my parking spot for Saturday!!!!

And just to let you on my "dummy run" Hibs won 2-0:top marks

scorers :dunno: not that it matters :)

Billy Whizz
10-04-2012, 04:16 PM
scorers :dunno: not that it matters :)

O'Connor double:pfgwa

Smidge
10-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I emailed Glasgow City Parking and they said that Queen's Park Recreational Ground is open for both sets of fans. Looks like for some reason Toryglen is not available all weekend if you look on their website.

Wrong side of the stadium but at least its likely to be safe parking.

I'll bet they'll have the barriers up so it'll be a LONG way round to get back to Queen's Park......

blueisthecolour
10-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Parking around hampden can be a nightmare, even the residents in the houses near by have to move their cars, unless they have a driveway, some even let fans park their cars in their driveways.

Be aware the tow trucks will be out and about throughout the day.

hibee62
11-04-2012, 08:53 AM
I'll bet they'll have the barriers up so it'll be a LONG way round to get back to Queen's Park......

Yeah, I'd have thought so. Annoying but in there your car is safe from tow trucks and the locals!

Not sure how well the game on Sunday is going to go, it will be a much bigger crowd with many more coming from out of town so mixing Hearts and Celtic fans post match seems a bit of an idiotic idea...

Oh well, not our problem.:cb

Mikey
11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
The info coming directly from the club and Strathclyde Police says...........

Hibernian supporters using private vehicles will have no designated car parking area.

hibee62
12-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Emailed Strathclyde police to double check the Queen's Park situation and I am told that they have nothing to do with parking there, so I think we can assume it is open to both sets of fans if you are ok with the extra walk.

They also said there should be a lot of street side parking to the East. Not decided what my plan of action will be yet but I think thats all the information we need now.

BRING IT ON!

MB62
12-04-2012, 11:05 AM
The info coming directly from the club and Strathclyde Police says...........

unbelievable, well maybe not. Our national stadium and there is no designated parking area for private vehicles, how much backward can we get.
Honestly, this place should be bulldozed and a new national stadium built in central Scotland with motorway access to the whole of the country AND PARKING.

Emerald
13-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Anyone else thinking of parking at Queens Park? I know its the wrong end but its a great bit to park to have a bit of a picnic :greengrin. I'm sure it will be full of sheep but I've got some mint sauce so should be ok! Seriously, Im interested as I'm thinking it may be better than our usual street parking on the East side, and wouldnt want to be the only one. :dunno:

BroxburnHibee
13-04-2012, 08:01 PM
There's usually plenty parking round the back of the beechwood pub area

Emerald
13-04-2012, 08:26 PM
There's usually plenty parking round the back of the beechwood pub area

I know there is street parking but was looking for feedback re Queens Park. Where is the Beechwood pub btw?

007 Mickey Weir
13-04-2012, 09:37 PM
I know there is street parking but was looking for feedback re Queens Park. Where is the Beechwood pub btw?

http://www.reallocalpubs.com/pub-food/beechwood-glasgow/pid-M5953?utm_source=g_places&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=pubs&utm_keyword=&utm_content=

I'm_cabbaged
13-04-2012, 09:48 PM
http://www.reallocalpubs.com/pub-food/beechwood-glasgow/pid-M5953?utm_source=g_places&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=pubs&utm_keyword=&utm_content=

According to that it doesnae open till 12!!
That's where I was going as well. :(

Green Man
13-04-2012, 09:59 PM
According to that it doesnae open till 12!!
That's where I was going as well. :(

Ah well spotted! I'm not sure what time the Montford opens, that's the other one at the east side.