PDA

View Full Version : Semi final in Manchester

CallumLaidlaw
08-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Due to terrible planning and not expecting us to be in the semi final, I will be in Manchester this coming weekend. I plan on watching the game in walkabout in the city centre (just waiting on them confirming that they'll put it on. They have 3 sky boxes and 20 screens)
Will anyone else be in Manchester and fancy meeting up to watch the game?

LancashireHibby
08-04-2012, 08:51 PM
And your excuse for not travelling back for the game is....? :wink:

HH81
08-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Due to terrible planning and not expecting us to be in the semi final, I will be in Manchester this coming weekend. I plan on watching the game in walkabout in the city centre (just waiting on them confirming that they'll put it on. They have 3 sky boxes and 20 screens)
Will anyone else be in Manchester and fancy meeting up to watch the game?

No, I'll be up at the semi myself. If your getting any pictures though, a few on here might want to take a look of how the centre of Manchester looks :wink:

If your on beer take a bit of cash, quite expensive in the centre.

CallumLaidlaw
08-04-2012, 08:59 PM
And your excuse for not travelling back for the game is....? :wink:

Only going Down on the Friday. Taking my son to see the WWE (I know) on the saturday night Been booked for ages. If our game had been on he Sunday, we would have been coming back up first thing.

LancashireHibby
08-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Only going Down on the Friday. Taking my son to see the WWE (I know) on the saturday night Been booked for ages. If our game had been on he Sunday, we would have been coming back up first thing.
Depending on what time the hugging starts/whether your laddie can hack the travelling, but I reckon you can comfortably be back in Manchester before 8pm on the train. Wouldn't be seeing much of your weekend down here in that case, mind! :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
08-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Depending on what time the hugging starts/whether your laddie can hack the travelling, but I reckon you can comfortably be back in Manchester before 8pm on the train. Wouldn't be seeing much of your weekend down here in that case, mind! :greengrin

Lol, wouldn't be worth it, seeing as its currently billed as a "family weekend". I am gutted, but I have got over it now, and am just convincing myself that I'm gonna be at the final

hfc rd
08-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Crazy thing is for me is that I will be at the semi final and once that finishes, I'm heading straight home and off to Waverley station to Manchester Piccadilly station as I'll be at the man utd - aston villa game on the sun.

Anyways Callum, the city centre is pretty expensive and like what HH81 said it's definitely best if you take a bit of cash with you.

WellingtonHibby
09-04-2012, 01:30 AM
The lass o'gowrie just of Oxford road, behind the bbc building its one of the best boozers in the city and they will deffo show the match.

CallumLaidlaw
10-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Thats walkabout confirmed that they will put the hibs game on, so if anyone is around, see you there :thumbsup: