PDA

View Full Version : NHC Good Riddance!

Hibercelona
08-04-2012, 05:08 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17652622

:bye:

greenlex
08-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Now if he could just take that dick O'Riley that was the ref today it would indeed be a joyus celebration.

Hibs Class
08-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Time probably dulls the memory but I don't have as many bad memories of Richmond as I do of, say, Freeland. When someone who the neutrals / UEFA would regard as one of our better refs chooses to chuck it in, as both Conroy and now Richmond have done, maybe we should also question how refs are treated, whether it is by fuds like Lennon who openly question their integrity or the SPL/SFA who effectively damn them by not giving them top league matches. Ultimately we need refs and I think the authorities have treated Richmond and Conroy quite shabbily.

Hibercelona
08-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Time probably dulls the memory but I don't have as many bad memories of Richmond as I do of, say, Freeland. When someone who the neutrals / UEFA would regard as one of our better refs chooses to chuck it in, as both Conroy and now Richmond have done, maybe we should also question how refs are treated, whether it is by fuds like Lennon who openly question their integrity or the SPL/SFA who effectively damn them by not giving them top league matches. Ultimately we need refs and I think the authorities have treated Richmond and Conroy quite shabbily.

Referees get paid to do their job. Why must some of them make themselves the highlight of every match?

I agree with you about Freeland, I think he'd be extremely difficult to top in terms on incompetence.

That Falkirk game at Easter Road still boils me over! :fuming:

Hibs Class
08-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Referees get paid to do their job. Why must some of them make themselves the highlight of every match?

I agree with you about Freeland, I think he'd be extremely difficult to top in terms on incompetence.

I agree, and it was the Falkirk game I had in mind too. I almost named Delaney as well - the ref on Souness's debut who, despite sending Souness off missed straight reds for Colin West and Fat Ally. However, taking off the supporters' specs, the level of referee incompetence is probably no greater than that of player or manager incompetence, and the bottom line is that if you don't have a ref you don't have a game.

Ozyhibby
08-04-2012, 06:22 PM
The standard of the refs in Scotland just about reflects the standard of player, dire.

Steven_Hibs
08-04-2012, 06:27 PM
SFA refs are a bloody joke, nit pick about throw in positions, constantly stop the flow of the game by whistling when the advantage could be played.

That O'reilly the day was a clown, something must have been said at half time, because that was a different referee. But nothing comes close to the shocking referee display when we played Falkirk way back in Mowbray days, 2005/2006 I think. He was brutal :rolleyes:

leither17
08-04-2012, 06:37 PM

thought there was going to be a riot that day easily the worst display by a ref i have ever seen

Jonnyboy
08-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Chick's been at the bevvy I think ........... "Richmond, an affable figure well liked by the players"

Hibs Class
08-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Chick's been at the bevvy I think ........... "Richmond, an affable figure well liked by the players"

Chick only speaks with the huns though, and they may well like him :greengrin

Hibercelona
08-04-2012, 07:06 PM

He seems to have a love in with both OF sides.

I recall an article (if you can call it that) a while back about how Celtic were stick ons for the treble. :blah:

Jonnyboy
08-04-2012, 07:06 PM

Indeed. As an aside but still on thje subject of referees, is it not Willie Collum that Celtc fans openly hate? Cannae think why after he awarded Rangers three penalties yesterday :greengrin

cocopops1875
08-04-2012, 07:13 PM

i had to drive my then burd down to Burnley after that falkirk game my heid was bursting from his performance and i was in a rage/mood all the way down :greengrin

RickyS
08-04-2012, 07:26 PM
i had to drive my then burd down to Burnley after that falkirk game my heid was bursting from his performance and i was in a rage/mood all the way down :greengrin

that performance was the worst i ever seen, am i right in thinking he never ref'd at spl level again?
is there a way to watch the 90mins again?

hibsbollah
08-04-2012, 07:33 PM

The bit that had me screaming at my car radio today was when Chick says 'the great thing about Charlie Richmond is when he gets things wrong he's the first one to hold up his hand and admit it'.

Like when he sent off Boozy for something that wasn't even a foul in the 3-3 huns game, was asked for his comments after watching the TV replay and still bizarrely refused to recind the suspension.

BEEJ
08-04-2012, 08:09 PM
SFA refs are a bloody joke, nit pick about throw in positions, constantly stop the flow of the game by whistling when the advantage could be played.

That O'reilly the day was a clown, something must have been said at half time, because that was a different referee. But nothing comes close to the shocking referee display when we played Falkirk way back in Mowbray days, 2005/2006 I think. He was brutal :rolleyes:
:agree: I wrote to the SFA the following day to complain about how incompetent Freeland had been in that match.

Then, on receiving by way of reply from Donald McVicar what amounted to a condescending one-liner, I wrote in again to complain about McVicar's dismissive tone, copying in David Taylor who was then Chief Executive of the SFA. Got a more considered response a week later.

Gits, the lot of them! :greengrin

Saorsa
08-04-2012, 09:58 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17652622

:bye:tae be replaced by another incompetent.

I think we need a few mair like todays ref, he was braw :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
08-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Never thought I'd see the day i was yearning for Messrs Dallas, Young and Rowbotham.