PDA

View Full Version : Premier league survival now virtually guaranteed...thanks Pat!

SkintHibby
08-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Phew....

Dunfy need to win 2 and draw 2 and Hibs need to lose all. Not gonna happen and glad Pat Fenlon has done the business!

Time to start afresh from the top down and get new people in. Please Mr Petrie - go at the end of the season, take others with you and let a new era begin.

:agree:

BEEJ
08-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Until it's mathematically impossible to go down, I'm taking nothing for granted.

:spider:

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-04-2012, 04:35 PM
If Hibs play like they did today we'll win more than we'll lose after split, so we should now be safe.

Next season we HAVE to get it right.

bingo70
08-04-2012, 04:36 PM
I want us to catch calley thistle, when he took over I said finishing 11th wouldn't be a success and I stand by that.

If we do finish where we are now then that'll be ok but I won't be getting carried away

SloopJB
08-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Phew....

Dunfy need to win 2 and draw 2 and Hibs need to lose all. Not gonna happen and glad Pat Fenlon has done the business!

Time to start afresh from the top down and get new people in. Please Mr Petrie - go at the end of the season, take others with you and let a new era begin.

I'll take over from Mr Petrie. wouldn't have a clue what to do running a football club but at least I'd be new.

oh

Dinkydoo
08-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Until it's mathematically impossible to go down, I'm taking nothing for granted.

:spider:

Aye, me too.

GreenCastle
08-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Phew....

Don't think we should get too confident just yet.

15 points to play for - Hibs are 7 points clear with the better goal difference.

2 wins we are safe - 1 win and a few draws maybe.

Dunfermline have to win at home surely before the end of the season.

Today was much better and gives us some confidence going into the semi - all attention must go to that now and making the final.:top marks Then back to focus on staying in the SPL.

Vini1875
08-04-2012, 04:53 PM
You would think that if we win next week and have a final at the end of the season that in itself will give the place a lift and allow the players to play without too much pressure. I can't see dunfermline being able to over take us.

joe breezy
08-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Need to keep plugging away till it's guaranteed but we can go to Hampden knowing that we can win an hopefully get into Europe

Gatecrasher
08-04-2012, 05:04 PM
We are not quite there yet IMO, I will see what happens after the next round of fixtures

HibbyAndy
08-04-2012, 05:05 PM
We wont be relegated this season, No chance..BUT, Ross County are a better team than Dunfermline, We have to get decent summer signings next season or we will be right back in the mix for relegation, Miles better today tho.

SurferRosa
08-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I hope we get the win we need before we play them at ER...............then the fat man can get it tight.:greengrin

alfieboi75
08-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Deft not over the finishing line yet.....got ourselves a big game next weekend.....and just hope our run continues into next weekend and thereafter.....

each game from now is a final for us.....and i just hope the scottish cup final shall be included in our fixtures!!!

:pfgwa

Jim44
08-04-2012, 05:29 PM
We have a decent chance as outsiders to get into the final. After yesterday I'm sure Aberdeen will think they have it in the bag.

CallumLaidlaw
08-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Dunfermline need 3 wins from 5 games. They have won 4 in 33. My only concern is that the teams in 7th to 10th have nothing to play for, so that may gain Dunfermline a couple of points, but the same goes for us. If we play like we did today in future games, we will certainly not lose all 5 remaining games.

As for next Saturday, today we more than handled the 3rd best team in the country. Aberdeen are 8th. If we are hungry, and play with real urgency like the first half today, then we an beat them.

Paisley Hibby
08-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Dunfermline need 3 wins from 5 games. They have won 4 in 33. My only concern is that the teams in 7th to 10th have nothing to play for, so that may gain Dunfermline a couple of points, but the same goes for us. If we play like we did today in future games, we will certainly not lose all 5 remaining games.

As for next Saturday, today we more than handled the 3rd best team in the country. Aberdeen are 8th. If we are hungry, and play with real urgency like the first half today, then we an beat them.

Well said :top marks

yeezus.
08-04-2012, 08:58 PM
:pfgwa

DH1875
08-04-2012, 09:02 PM
It's simples really. As long as they don't beat us at ER we'll stay up.

soupy
08-04-2012, 09:03 PM

Thing is they do have something to play for, I think its about £80k per league placing, its a pity that was CC'S thinking this time last year.

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Nothings ever certain, but the odds are heavily stacked in our favour, so we have to be reasonably certain of staying up.

But yeh .... We have to be looking to change things for next year big time.

The odds are that Griffiths, McPake and the other loan players will head back south.

We simply must be looking for a good centre half a player who can link the midfield and a decent striker. As I have said before, the first guy on my shopping list would be Hasselbaink from St Mirren. He is injury prone, not always the best finisher, but exciting to watch and he can unlock a defense.

Gary Kenneth seems out of favour at Dundee Utd, he is a bit suspect, but at one time he looked like being a top class CH, maybe a change of club would help him, the same goes for Danny Swanson.

I was impressed by Higdon yesterday as well, looks like a really good target man to me.

But a ball playing midfield player, your guess is as good as mine.

Of course, we can forget any players we might have to pay money for or who are targets for any club above division 3 in England .... sigh!