PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Sproule - Brilliant today!

California-Hibs
08-04-2012, 02:10 PM
I think the lad deserves a thread of his own, for me that was possibly Ivans best game yet since his 2nd return. He showed pace like the Ivan of old, was always wanting and willing to have the ball and run at players. Showed good ability countless times by making the right back unsure as to if he was going to cut in or go to the by-line.

More of the same please Ivan, that's what we want to see from you! I knew he was still capable of a performance like today, and i hope that all the Sproule haters out there take note that this boy still DOES have something to offer us and that he can be an important player for us.

Although he wasn't as lively 2nd half i still felt he put in a good shift and was worthy of the standing ovation he got. Also showed a clear passion and desire to the cause today.

:top marks

SaulGoodman
08-04-2012, 02:11 PM
:agree: His tracking back in the second half when he caught up with that Motherwell winger after Kujabi slipped was immense!

Wotherspiniesta
08-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Credit where it's due he was good today. I wouldn't say he was brilliant, but certainly put in a great shift. Worked hard, wasn't afraid to take on his man and tracked back which was excellent to see. He's set the standard now. More of the same against Aberdeen please, Ivan.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-04-2012, 02:14 PM
He put in a decent shift, but, brilliant? dearie me!

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2012, 02:14 PM
I agree, his best game since returning. :top marks

c31
08-04-2012, 02:17 PM
6/10 for Ivan, best player was leigh 8/10. Ref 0/10

Dashing Bob S
08-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Agreed. It was like the Sproule of old at his best. Not only was his pace back, he had the stamina to keep going for most of the game. Was pleasantly flummoxed by him today.

HH81
08-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Have you had a lot to drink today :confused::confused:

California-Hibs
08-04-2012, 02:24 PM
:agree: His tracking back in the second half when he caught up with that Motherwell winger after Kujabi slipped was immense!

I agree, it was immense pace! Let's not forget that it was Humphrey who he beat to that ball and he's no slouch! :thumbsup:

madabouthibs
08-04-2012, 02:27 PM
:wtf: :troll:

Vast improvement from Ivan, and big Gaz, Stevenson was another stand out for me today, as was Hanlon.
We really need McPake to sign in the summer.
Wee Kujabi looks like he could be a bit of a liability against anyone with a bit of pace. :agree:

All my own opinions of course. :wink:

col02
08-04-2012, 02:37 PM
I reckon that is as good as he has played for Hibs since coming back. Definite starter next week I feel on the back of that performance unless his ankle injury flared up today.

Pretty Boy
08-04-2012, 02:38 PM
If Ivan could produce a performance like today on a semi regular basis he'd be a good asset to have in the squad.

Much, much better today.

hibsbollah
08-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Well done Ivan. I have a feeling he'll do well at Hampden, he just needs to run at the full back more and have the courage to take people on.

Craig_in_Prague
08-04-2012, 02:45 PM
V. Good crosses with his weaker foot too. Well played Ivan. Got stuck in, worked hard and got the better of Hately.

Dirkster23
08-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Without a doubt his best performance since he returned. If he can start to perform like that on a regular basis he'll be an asset to the team.

IWasThere2016
08-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Played very well :agree:

Hibercelona
08-04-2012, 02:54 PM
He was best player in the first half today for me. Really gave us a spark that we've been lacking all season. Just hope he can pull off a similar performace against Aberdeen.

I really think we can beat them. We do need to up our game just that little bit more though.

danhibees1875
08-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Thought he was great today. :agree: Seemed happy enough to hit the by-line and put in - decent - crosses with his left or cut inside onto his right(and winning the free-kick we scored from).

Hopefully he can produce similar next week - and with help on a wider pitch too. :thumbsup:

Also felt Stevenson, Hanlon and Griffiths done well and felt GO'C certainly improved from recently but not quite to how he started the season. All players that have been with us for the whole season too I notice. Not that the others done poorly, I just feel these guys were the stand-outs. :agree:

hibee_girl
08-04-2012, 03:20 PM
He was my MOM today :agree:

Albion Hibs
08-04-2012, 03:26 PM
I thought Ivan was excellent today, pretty much all of what we offered up front seemed to come through him, plenty of danger and was nice to see us giving full backs of the opposition a hard time. Worked harder than anyone for me going back and forth and looked dead on his feet after 60 mins as a result. Well done to him.

Hibbyradge
08-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I think the lad deserves a thread of his own, for me that was possibly Ivans best game yet since his 2nd return. He showed pace like the Ivan of old, was always wanting and willing to have the ball and run at players. Showed good ability countless times by making the right back unsure as to if he was going to cut in or go to the by-line.

More of the same please Ivan, that's what we want to see from you! I knew he was still capable of a performance like today, and i hope that all the Sproule haters out there take note that this boy still DOES have something to offer us and that he can be an important player for us.

Although he wasn't as lively 2nd half i still felt he put in a good shift and was worthy of the standing ovation he got. Also showed a clear passion and desire to the cause today.

:top marks

When was his first return?

Signed A Pedant.

heretoday
08-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Too much hype. Sproule was good but not brilliant.

woody47
08-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Certainly agree this was his best game since returning. :thumbsup: Just make sure it wasn't a one off.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Good showing, but we need this week in and week out. TBF to Ivan he is not the only player to be inconsistent. Trouble for Ivan IMO is that he is either starring or stinking and he doesn't really do just ok. Not MOTM though. Lewis again for me.

Judas Iscariot
08-04-2012, 03:51 PM
He was my MOM today :agree:

:agree:

How much better could he be if played on the right?!

Shrekko
08-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Too much hype. Sproule was good but not brilliant.

Tend to agree but I'm still sitting stunned after reading somebody giving Griffiths 8/10. Now THAT is too much hype.

ancient hibee
08-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Played well -team performance suffered when Wotherspoon replaced him.I'm sure he was brought on to add defensive cover but he failed miesrably in that while being good going forward.

weedgiehibbie
08-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Great performance from Ivan both attacking and tracking back :agree: and in good timing as well with the semi next week heres hoping he keeps it up for the rest of the season :thumbsup:

TrinityHibs
08-04-2012, 05:17 PM

Vast improvement from Ivan, and big Gaz, Stevenson was another stand out for me today, as was Hanlon.
Wee Kujabi looks like he could be a bit of a liability against anyone with a bit of pace. :agree:

Or height. But there wasnt a problem on the left until Ivan was burst. After that Humphrey played on the wing one on one against Kujabi. When Ivan went off Kujabi was on his own as Griffiths didnt track back and Spoonie went inside. I would sign Humphrey think he is excellent

cabbageandribs1875
08-04-2012, 06:43 PM
When was his first return?

Signed A Pedant.

he's getting mixed up with jesus and the second coming, jesus is the messiah...not ivan :agree:

Albion Hibs
08-04-2012, 06:57 PM

I have not been a fan of Kujabi to date, but I thought he was excellent today. I dont think there is a faster player in the league than Humphrey, that said he gave him little to nothing all day. I would think 9 times out of 10 Humphrey will go past any full back, but Kujabi played him just about as well as he could have from first min to last.

He does however look like a liability when attempting to shoot from a free kick at 30+ yards, either a daisy cutter or some kid in the FF is losing there head.

Bishop Hibee
08-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Ivan played well in the first half and was a bit in and out in the second. He was a big plus as were McPake, Kujabi and O'Connor. No one in particular had a bad game although I don't think Doherty is a natural right back. I even thought Osbourne was decent which given my normal opinion of him is high praise :greengrin

My praise for all of the above is starting from a very low base given the low expectations every time I go to watch Hibs this season.

A lot more hopeful for next Saturday.

Holmesdale Hibs
08-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I thought Ivan was excellent today, pretty much all of what we offered up front seemed to come through him, plenty of danger and was nice to see us giving full backs of the opposition a hard time. Worked harder than anyone for me going back and forth and looked dead on his feet after 60 mins as a result. Well done to him.

Agree with all of that, he was excellent today.

Judas Iscariot
08-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I have not been a fan of Kujabi to date, but I thought he was excellent today. I dont think there is a faster player in the league than Humphrey, that said he gave him little to nothing all day. I would think 9 times out of 10 Humphrey will go past any full back, but Kujabi played him just about as well as he could have from first min to last.

He does however look like a liability when attempting to shoot from a free kick at 30+ yards, either a daisy cutter or some kid in the FF is losing there head.

Yes there is, the title of this post :aok:

lucky
08-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Ivan played his best game of the season until he was injured by Higdon. His injury cost us the game cos dopeyspoon came on and failed to block the cross which gave them the equaliser

Onion
08-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Really pleased for Sproule. He loves the Hibs and has had a hard time since returning. Today was like his first turn at ER - tormenting the opposition and enjoying every minute. Well done Ivan :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
08-04-2012, 08:08 PM
He's here! He's there!

He was great today! :thumbsup:

hibee_girl
08-04-2012, 08:15 PM
It's worth mentioning too that Well's goal came from the left side after Ivan went off, Spoony just didn't offer the same protection as Ivan did today.

Andy74
08-04-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm not sure most of the crowd got the gameplay today.

Sproule was great at protecting us from getting one v one against Humphrey. It was only when Sproule got injured and possibly knackered they started to release him a bit more.

There was a lot of shouting at players to close people down when Motherwell had the ball and Soares and Sproule didn't push out. They weren't meant to. We were sitting them in to ensure we always had two to cover the wings.

It worked very well until we lost Sproule. Soares might not have looked like was doing much but his positioning kept it quiet down his side.

Jonnyboy
08-04-2012, 08:55 PM

Sproule was great at protecting us from getting one v one against Humphrey. It was only when Sproule got injured and possibly knackered they started to release him a bit more.

There was a lot of shouting at players to close people down when Motherwell had the ball and Soares and Sproule didn't push out. They weren't meant to. We were sitting them in to ensure we always had two to cover the wings.

It worked very well until we lost Sproule. Soares might not have looked like was doing much but his positioning kept it quiet down his side.

Exactly how I read it too :agree:

Liam89
08-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Not going to lie, my love for sproule was re-kindled today!

smurf
08-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Impressed with everyone today. Great to see such performances from O'Connor and Sproule.

Pretty Boy
08-04-2012, 10:15 PM

Agree with this.

The crowd was much better today but I'm still startled at how little some people at games seem to understand re tactics

SouthamptonHibs
08-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Agree with this.

The crowd was much better today but I'm still startled at how little some people at games seem to understand re tactics

Best hes played in a long time getting forward and using his pace well played today. hampden a large pitch it will suit him if he is playing well hail hail

JimBHibees
10-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Thought Ivan was excellent on Sunday particularly his willingness to put an early cross in with his left foot which he has been a bit wary of doing in the past. Hopefully he is hitting form at the right time as he could be a match winner on Saturday if he plays like that.