PDA

View Full Version : Urgent James McPake

Wotherspiniesta
08-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Sign him up ASAP. Absolute rock again today. Attacks the ball brilliantly, is deceptively quick and doesn't stop talking and encouraging those around him during the 90 minutes.

Captain's performance.

WellingtonHibby
08-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Sign him up ASAP. Absolute rock again today. Attacks the ball brilliantly, is deceptively quick and doesn't stop talking and encouraging those around him during the 90 minutes.

Captain's performance.

Same goes for Docherty today.

1two
08-04-2012, 02:14 PM

Captain's performance.

Yep 2-3 year deal and then build a team around him

We've not had a player like him for a long time

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2012, 02:17 PM
I agree, if we could get him tied up on a 3 year deal it would be terrific. I'd also like us to try and bring in McManus from Middlesbourgh to partner him. Two no nonsense hard buggers who know how to defend properly.

Westie1875
08-04-2012, 02:26 PM
:agree: Hopefully he can see the benefit of playing every week rather than going back to Coventry where he may not get that. A terrific Captain.

madabouthibs
08-04-2012, 02:28 PM
I'd hope he would be looking ot come to us for a game every week, but I can see money being a stumbling block. :rolleyes:

Capt Mainwaring
08-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Agree - thought McPake was terrific today. A real winner in every sense. Great attitude and great leader. Should be number 1 priority for signing up.

Pretty Boy
08-04-2012, 02:50 PM
He was good today and has been good for us generally.

Bu why the **** did he not give Soares a shout in the run up to their goal. Soares poor header put the ball on a plate for the finish but a wee shout and McPake would have had time to control it, nip away for a fag then stroll back in via the pie stand and clear it.

Hamish
08-04-2012, 02:54 PM
I agree with the OP, but the problem will be that other higher profile clubs will have taken note of his performances - (as will his agent):agree:

Badabing
08-04-2012, 02:58 PM
I thought Paul Hanlon had his best game in ages today in fact I would mark him higher than McPake today. That type of performance wouldn't have been possible had he still being playing next to O'Hanlon.

col02
08-04-2012, 03:02 PM
I thought Paul Hanlon had his best game in ages today in fact I would mark him higher than McPake today. That type of performance wouldn't have been possible had he still being playing next to O'Hanlon.

:agree: Hanlon covered well for McPake today when required and was not bullied about by Higdon. We have a good central defensive partnership now and both deserve praise rather than just the one. I like Doherty too as a player. Pity we could not keep the defence as it is for next season.

Don Giovanni
08-04-2012, 05:11 PM
I would like to see Hibs open dialogue with McPake and his agent about a permanent deal as soon as we are mathematically safe.

Last summer we dithered, hesitated and ultimately signed (mostly) horse****.

In his short time at ER McPake has shown himself to be a good SPL centre half, a leader & someone who can bring the best out in others. We don't have anyone else at the club that you could say those last two qualities about. He would be a very important signing for the team and show the fans some intent moving forward.

silverhibee
08-04-2012, 05:18 PM
I agree with the OP, but the problem will be that other higher profile clubs will have taken note of his performances - (as will his agent):agree:

That's my thoughts too, doing a good job of putting himself in the shop window for the summer.

Would love him to be in the Hibs team next season but just cant see it imo.

scoopyboy
08-04-2012, 05:21 PM

I would like to see Paul given an extended run beside McPake.

Both have been excellent since McPake signed and I would rather this was given an extended play than bring another in, save that for other areas.

One thing that might go against McPake is his back, its not right and probably won't be as long as he is a professional football player.

Every now and again he will miss games and will require an injection which will keep him out for 10 days at a time.

Would still sign him though as my top priority.

At The Edge
08-04-2012, 05:25 PM
I would imagine that Coventry pay a lot more than we do per week, this could be the stumbling block, going by his twitter he ssems to rate Hibs though, we can only hope that he takes first team football over just being a squad member

Billy Whizz
08-04-2012, 05:30 PM
I thought he was out of contact at the end of the season?

PaulSmith
08-04-2012, 05:38 PM
I thought he was out of contact at the end of the season?

Still got a year on CCFC contract unfortunately.

Part/Time Supporter
08-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Still got a year on CCFC contract unfortunately.

They may want to unload his contract if they get relegated.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2012, 05:55 PM

Hence the reason he's on loan at Hibs. Seems surplus to requirements at Coventry and I believe seems keen to get home to Scotland

Craig_in_Prague
08-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Thanks to him I`m much less nervous about crosses into our box and long balls over the top! He's deceptively quick as well ...would be delighted if he wants to stay.. Captain and top earner might appeal to him... Lets hope so.

scoopyboy
08-04-2012, 06:21 PM

Scoopyboy understands a fee has been agreed between the clubs and has been since he came on loan.

Steven_Hibs
08-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Petrie might release a statement next week.

Do Hibs fans want McPake? :cb

Then get your season tickets now, so we can pay him :greengrin :wink:

essexhibee
08-04-2012, 06:29 PM
He'll stay imo. Fingers crossed he's a leader.

Jonnyboy
08-04-2012, 07:10 PM
He was great today - again and he kinda knocked the 'loan players only here to be in the shop window' argument right out of my head by his reaction at the final whistle. He was gutted we hadn't won, showed it clearly in his behaviour and that'll do for me :agree:

Holmesdale Hibs
08-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Does anyone know what the story is at Coventry? Players don't normally go out in loan if everything is going well.

I hope Coventry don't want to keep him. If we can sign him then we definitely should, he's been one of our best players since joining.

Jonnyboy
08-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Does anyone know what the story is at Coventry? Players don't normally go out in loan if everything is going well.

I hope Coventry don't want to keep him. If we can sign him then we definitely should, he's been one of our best players since joining.

Dinnae tell Danny Handling that :greengrin

oconnors_strip
08-04-2012, 07:26 PM

he needed to get fit after breaking the bones in his back so he was put out on loan

i believe his mrs wants to move back home so fingers crossed he wants to aswell! now petrie get the pen out:wink:

Mikey
08-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Scoopyboy understands a fee has been agreed between the clubs and has been since he came on loan.

Cheers Scoops :aok:

Broken Gnome
08-04-2012, 07:36 PM
We might not offer as much money as others, but we'd offer games and he'd be the captain of the club. Hopefully those incentives would be enough - and without getting too misty-eyed or OTT he does genuinely seem to take pride in his role.

Onion
08-04-2012, 08:09 PM

Captain's performance.

That's a good shout. About time Hibs recongnised that a winning team needs a solid spine - something which we've lacked for years. McPake is someone who the fans can relate to and who other players can follow - get him signed.

Holmesdale Hibs
08-04-2012, 08:19 PM
he needed to get fit after breaking the bones in his back so he was put out on loan

i believe his mrs wants to move back home so fingers crossed he wants to aswell! now petrie get the pen out:wink:

Cheers. Hopefully his mrs will get him told. It also depends how much he's being paid at Coventry, I guess it's probably more than we could afford.

We should do everything we can to keep him.

Wotherspiniesta
08-04-2012, 09:21 PM

:pray:

Petrie, sign him up

Northernhibee
08-04-2012, 10:29 PM

That would be a signing that will gain us at least two league positions next year.

Pretty Boy
08-04-2012, 11:09 PM
That would be a signing that will gain us at least two league positions next year.

Agreed. A man to build a team around.

Get the solid spine in place next year then add the excitement around that.

matty_f
08-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Agreed. A man to build a team around.

Get the solid spine in place next year then add the excitement around that.
:agree:

Get him signed up pronto, he's definitely the centre half we've been crying out for.

smurf
09-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Once our SPL status is secured fingers crossed he will commit.

SteveHFC
09-04-2012, 12:09 AM

:not worth

Albion Hibs
09-04-2012, 12:26 AM

I would think if they get relegated there is more chance they will want to keep him. He is clearly not the level for there current league in there own view, going down a level may unfortunatley bring him back into contention down there.

Bostonhibby
09-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Thanks to him I`m much less nervous about crosses into our box and long balls over the top! He's deceptively quick as well ...would be delighted if he wants to stay.. Captain and top earner might appeal to him... Lets hope so.

:agree: Others around him are definitely benefitting too but only way I can see this happening is if the fans have a whip round. Knowing our luck the Yams wil somehow "finance" a deal.............

Gala Foxes
09-04-2012, 08:59 AM
The very fact that O'Hanlon is still lurking on the bench means McPake must be signed up soon - he has helped develop Hanlon over the past couple of mnths

cabbageandribs1875
09-04-2012, 09:27 AM
McPake would be a very good long-term signing :agree:

Borderhibbie76
09-04-2012, 10:01 AM
I follow McPake on Twitter and he seems very passionate about Hibs, always thanking the fans for their support and answering any questions directed at him.I'm hopeful that as PF made him captain, there was always a strong possibility he would be staying on permanently as we were told in Jan when all the "loanees" came in that there was an option to sign some of them at end of season. IMO, signing James McPake is a MUST, as soon as we are mathematically safe!!!

Stevie Reid
09-04-2012, 10:05 AM

Best thing I have read on here in ages :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
09-04-2012, 11:12 AM
I agree with several on here - McPake is the type of player to get us moving forward again and a good spine of a team is essential. He is a great leader and someone we are crying out for.

On twitter last week though he was doing a question and answer session and said he expected to be back at Coventry next season as it's his final year. I think he will leave us in Summer sadly.

johnrebus
09-04-2012, 11:19 AM
I agree with several on here - McPake is the type of player to get us moving forward again and a good spine of a team is essential. He is a great leader and someone we are crying out for.

On twitter last week though he was doing a question and answer session and said he expected to be back at Coventry next season as it's his final year. I think he will leave us in Summer sadly.

Cannot see any chance of us signing McPake.

There will be other clubs currently monitoring his progress - paying double or treble our level of wages. I reckon he will stay down south.

Am just pleased that we managed to get him up here at all, he has made a big difference.

:applause:

GreenCastle
09-04-2012, 11:26 AM

There will be other clubs currently monitoring his progress - paying double or treble our level of wages. I reckon he will stay down south.

Am just pleased that we managed to get him up here at all, he has made a big difference.

:applause:

He is the type of player that shows loan moves can work.

Sadly though we have seen too many duds and players either injured or not getting a game already for a reason.

In summer a goalkeeper, CH and a play maker in CM are essential to progress.

Jonnyboy
09-04-2012, 10:53 PM
The very fact that O'Hanlon is still lurking on the bench scares the shiiite oot'o me

Fixed that for you GF :greengrin

Beefster
10-04-2012, 06:42 AM

Encouraging news. He's the one loan player that we have that I'd be happy for Hibs to pay a fee for. It's imperative that we keep him (he's the best leader since Sauzee IMHO) and sign another few like him.

stevenhibs
10-04-2012, 06:53 AM

At teams that can afford double/triple our level of wages, you're not always guaranteed a game, nevermind captain the side. This as well as the homesickness factor may well work in our favour.