PDA

View Full Version : Green Day at Hampden - Message for those who are heading to the semi-final

RIP
07-04-2012, 09:47 PM
If you haven't already looked at a plan of hampden, you need to see this.

http://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/visitor-information/stadium-plan.html

The way our ticket sales are going we heading for a complete sell out of the North Stand (Blocks D1 to D5) and (East Stand / North Section Blocks F1 to F7). A minimum of 12 packed blocks of Hibbies around 2 sides of our end. We also have a couple of sections in the main (South) stand in with the corporates and debenture holders.

Every one of the 4,500 Hibbies in the North Stand will get either a green A3 card or white A3 card to hold up to make a tremendous Green/White/Green/White/Green display

Six hundred Hibbies near the back of the east will get an eighty foot green or white streamer to chuck high and long towards the front of the stand. This will look like an enormous green and white waterfall

Both displays will start when the players come out the tunnel

The unsold areas in G will be the focal point to display your flags, those that aren't on a cane. The big surfers will be there. Flag owners remember to take some rope to tie your flags to the seats. Hibs have obtained permission from the SFA for this large addition to Green Day and we understand that Aberdeen will make a similar display on their unsold seats. Stewards have been briefed.

Today, in a workshop organised by Sect43, Hibs Supporters gathered at Art's complex Meadowbank and made some fantastic new flags for the semi-final. A real flag factory creating stock that can be used over and over at Easter Road.

We have 20 full supporters buses, trains and automobiles heading to Hampden next Saturday. Win or lose this is set to be a wonderful occasion in an otherwise dour couple of seasons. The largest Hibs crowd since 2007. 180 minutes from winning the Scottish Cup. A game not to be missed.

monktonharp
07-04-2012, 09:58 PM
top marks if you can pull it off. sounds good and well done to you.:aok:

Macaroon
07-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Cant wait! Loving all the effort put in by everyone involved. Thanks

Nakedmanoncrack
07-04-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm in the North, should I understand that we will have access to East G for displaying flags in unsold seats in this area?

Jones28
07-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Sounds magic :aok::flag:

RIP
07-04-2012, 10:08 PM
top marks if you can pull it off. sounds good and well done to you.:aok:

Nothing to do with any individual - a complete supporters effort top to bottom.A terrific example of management, directors and supporters working together as one. The display will totally rely on every one of us wearing green, bringing flags, holding up cards, throwing streamers, singing our heids off much louder than Aberdeen

Bring it on. An Old-Firm free party :greengrin:flag:

RIP
07-04-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm in the North, should I understand that we will have access to East G for displaying flags in unsold seats in this area?

I will post up precise arrangements during the week after confirmation from Garry O'Hagan. Access to G will likely be via a head steward at a specific gantry

yeezus.
07-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Can't wait - I'm in North D4, I'm sure it will be a day to remember.

ForeverHibs93
07-04-2012, 10:23 PM
When I first saw the thread title I thought the band were going to do some HT entertainment.

Iggy Pope
07-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Nothing to do with any individual - a complete supporters effort top to bottom.A terrific example of management, directors and supporters working together as one. The display will totally rely on every one of us wearing green, bringing flags, holding up cards, throwing streamers, singing our heids off much louder than Aberdeen

10 of us in North D something or other and I cannot wait.

I congratulate you on your indefatigability!

07-04-2012, 10:44 PM
When I first saw the thread title I thought the band were going to do some HT entertainment.

:greengrin:tee hee:

Seriously though, fantastic effort, well done to everyone who got involved and has made this happen!

Can't wait, will be a great occasion and hopefully our boys will take lift from it and do their bit on the field!

GGTTH :flag:

Emerald
07-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Well done, take a bow, we need people like you. Fan f tastic...........:not worth :flag:

Leithenhibby
07-04-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm in the south so will be looking over to you guys, with camera in hand :wink: :aok:

SteveHFC
07-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Well Done :top marks:top marks

silverhibee
07-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Well Done.

:flag::pfgwa:hibees:hnet:

essexhibee
07-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Am in north D1 and will hold my a3 card with pride.

Immense effort lads.

MichelleHibs
08-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Well done, will look fab, south stand not getting anything though?

down-the-slope
08-04-2012, 08:08 AM

And Aberdeen will be the perfect opponents as they will give it large as well

erin go bragh
08-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Brilliant idea :top marks sounds amazon , well done to all involved :top marks
:flag:ggtth

Bostonhibby
08-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Great job guys, what supportings all about - 4 of us in D4 and wil do our bit :flag:

Keith_M
08-04-2012, 09:37 AM
So, if you have tickets for the North stand, it would be great if you could be in your seat for the start of the game instead of still in the pub. Those cards won't hold themselves up you know :wink:

Bostonhibby
08-04-2012, 09:38 AM
So, if you have tickets for the North stand, it would be great if you could be in your seat for the start of the game instead of still in the pub. Those cards won't hold themselves up you know :wink:

Ah, couldn't we scatter a few about selected pubs as well? :wink:

Keith_M
08-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Just a thought but, can we use the cards as Frisbees once the display is finished?

:duck:

McKenzie
08-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Just a thought but, can we use the cards as Frisbees once the display is finished?

:duck:
Or paper aeroplanes if we score?

frazeHFC
08-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Can't wait. GGTTH :flag:

ALF TUPPER
08-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Well done everyone for s fantastic effort.
Got our tickets.
Everyone .....Get yourself along to Hampden ..... Dont stay at home to watch it on the telly. If you can £££afford it . Join us ! You'll be wishing you had.
Glory Glory !!

neilmartinrocks
08-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Or paper aeroplanes if we score?

beat me tae it...:greengrin:top marks

O'Rourke3
08-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Fantastic effort, can't wait.....

Littlest Hobo
08-04-2012, 10:53 AM
This has wetted my appetite for this game.

Absolute brilliant effort guys, I salute you all. :flag:MON THE HIBS:flag:

Baker9
08-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Glad now that I chose the North. In many years of watching Hibs I've never been involved in a display like this promises to be. I will wear the green and hold my card with pride and well done everybody.

Liam89
08-04-2012, 12:33 PM
North D4 and can't wait!!

essexhibee
08-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Need to get myself some more greenery before next week. Has anyone got one of the cup semi bundles on offer at the club store? Obvs living down here I'm not able to see what's on offer but it said things such as snoods scarves flags etc? Wouldn't mind getting a bright green snood :greengrin

Northernhibee
08-04-2012, 08:39 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Afro-Curly-70S-Disco-Wig-Unisex-Fancy-Dress-Green-Uk-/190560389627?pt=Adult_Fancy_Dress_UK&hash=item2c5e48c9fb

Just got one of these bad boys, cheap as chips and should hopefully arrive in time!

Gonnae look like a fat, drunken useless green and white tellytubbie at this rate, but if it's for Hibs, then **** it :flag:

GreenCastle
09-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Great effort :thumbsup: People getting to their seats early will help improve atmosphere and help with the card display :agree:

Anyone not sure about going - get yourself a ticket this week and be part of the green army! :greengrin

Hopefully we can make it a great atmosphere - a few ideas

Green Morph Suit - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphsuit-Costume-in-Green/dp/B00631W9FY

Green Balloons

Air Horn - get these at Halfords

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_16 7513_categoryId_165704_langId_-1?cm_sp=Intelligent_Offer-_-Product_Details_Zone_1-_-Blank&iozone=PDPz1 (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_16 7513_categoryId_165704_langId_-1?cm_sp=Intelligent_Offer-_-Product_Details_Zone_1-_-Blank&iozone=PDPz1)

Keith_M
09-04-2012, 11:15 AM

Air Horn - get these at Halfords

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_16 7513_categoryId_165704_langId_-1?cm_sp=Intelligent_Offer-_-Product_Details_Zone_1-_-Blank&iozone=PDPz1 (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_16 7513_categoryId_165704_langId_-1?cm_sp=Intelligent_Offer-_-Product_Details_Zone_1-_-Blank&iozone=PDPz1)

I think that would be great but, unfortunately, they're banned at Scottish Stadia.

Of course if people decided to carry them in under their jackets and hide them under their seats, I suppose that could work.

I'd like to point out that I'm not condoning breaking the rules, just speaking theoretically :wink:

GreenCastle
09-04-2012, 11:22 AM
I think that would be great but, unfortunately, they're banned at Scottish Stadia.

Of course if people decided to carry them in under their jackets and hide them under their seats, I suppose that could work.

I'd like to point out that I'm not condoning breaking the rules, just speaking theoretically :wink:

I wasn't sure about them if they were banned or not.

I know for the CIS Cup Final I had one and it it was ok :agree:

RIP
09-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Earlier on I said no one person is behind this

But happy to name and shame one Bouncer Ross - take a boo son :not worth

GreenCastle
09-04-2012, 11:24 AM

Hopefully the club or people sitting in the South Stand can take some videos and pictures to then be posted on here of the display :aok:

frazeHFC
09-04-2012, 02:35 PM

:agree: :thumbsup:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/BJ_BOBBI_JO9/Sports and activities and actions games related/1_4_111.gif

:tee hee:

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Got a ticket but not sure where I am sitting.

Just in case I'll bring some Green & White balloons to blow up.

Sounds like it will be fantastic, cant wait ... well done to everybody who has been involved, makes a change to read something positive from the fans on here instead of all the negative stuff ... including mine I hasten to add.

C'mon the Hibees !!!

:flag:

PaulSmith
09-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Aberdeen contributed £500 to their display

09-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Well done everyone for s fantastic effort.
Got our tickets.
Everyone .....Get yourself along to Hampden ..... Dont stay at home to watch it on the telly. If you can £££afford it . Join us ! You'll be wishing you had.
Glory Glory !!

:agree: Not often we get a big occassion at Hampden so lets bring through a massive support and make the most of the day! The boys will really take lift from the support and will hammer it home to them how much this means to us!

The display sounds fantastic, and with Aberdeen doing a similar thing with their support, it will hopefully look really spectacular.

I can't wait, win or loose it promises to be a great day out, although hopefully it us celebrating at the end and we get another day out at Hampden in May!

GGTTH

At The Edge
09-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Aberdeen contributed £500 to their display

apparantley it was a players whip round?
Good on them for doing that and helping the towards the costs, looking forward to seeing what they come up with, something to do with their birthday i'm led to believe.

ours will be awesome though! :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
10-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Here is an idea - first 5 mins of the game on Saturday - non stop singing of :pfgwa.

Would it be possible if the singing section started this and kept it going ? :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
10-04-2012, 01:44 PM
I like the PFGAWA idea - will speak to the boys later this week to get it arranged. With the drum being in Hampden we should be able to hold this.

What were peoples thoughts of the drum on Saturday?

And cheers for the praise Gogs - safe to say this has been a very stressful 3 weeks.

SteveHFC
10-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Here is an idea - first 5 mins of the game on Saturday - non stop singing of :pfgwa.

Would it be possible if our support sung this and kept it going ? :greengrin

Sorted that for you :aok:

GreenCastle
12-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Looking at some of the Aberdeen forums -seems they have a massive display planned and taking lots of flags also.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2114982945

It's going to look great on Saturday to see both clubs with so all the clubs colours on show - I am sure the atmosphere will be electric also :agree:

Shows the rest of Scottish Football and the UK there is life outside the Old Firm :top marks

JIm
12-04-2012, 04:06 PM
What a load of nonsense, what a farce this section 43 are. NO effort whatsoever put in. I'd ban them all personally. :wink:

Whatever next, they'll be trying to sing songs and maybe even introduce some new ones!

erin go bragh
12-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I wasn't sure about them if they were banned or not.

I know for the CIS Cup Final I had one and it it was ok :agree:
Had one confiscated by a steward at the 2001 final :grr: after i chased him first away, he went to get the police ,so i had to shout him over and give him the gas cannister [kept the horn]

Saying that it was quality walking to the game with the horn as the hibs green army marched to hampden [dont know if there was much gas left in it ,as me and the laddie were air horning it from the moment we got off our bus]:agree:
ggtth

GreenCastle
13-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Don't forget everyone....

Arrive early so the display can take place...and wear as much green as you can - old, new Hibs strips, scarves, flags, balloons etc :pfgwa

Let's make this a day to remember :agree:

Cammy
13-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Can anyone confirm if the stewards will take the cane out of the kids flags before they go in, or is this a thing of the past? :flag:

GreenCastle
13-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Can anyone confirm if the stewards will take the cane out of the kids flags before they go in, or is this a thing of the past? :flag:

Thing of the past - canes allowed as long as they aren't too long :agree: You will be fine :aok:

frazeHFC
13-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Just left Hampden. Everyone who helped out was great, and it is gona be amazing! :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
13-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Just seen the pictures posted on Hibs Bounce twitter feed of the display being set up - looks amazing - something Hibs have never done before!

Well done to all involved - hopefully plenty of videos tomorrow from the South Stand :agree: I am in the north! :greengrin

SteveHFC
13-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Just seen the pictures posted on Hibs Bounce twitter feed of the display being set up - looks amazing - something Hibs have never done before!

Well done to all involved - hopefully plenty of videos tomorrow from the South Stand :agree: I am in the north! :greengrin

http://p.twimg.com/AqYqxmOCAAEGEPR.jpg

http://p.twimg.com/AqYqn7nCEAAlOoj.jpg

SteveHFC
13-04-2012, 08:00 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AqX5tEgCEAIPRgc.jpg

Billie Jo
13-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Just left Hampden. Everyone who helped out was great, and it is gona be amazing! :thumbsup:

Well done guys :flag:

Green Man
13-04-2012, 08:26 PM
It's going to look superb. Massive well done to everyone involved :thumbsup::flag: