PDA

View Full Version : Hibs hospitality

HFC07
07-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Hi guys,

My old man has hospitality tickets for the Motherwell game tomorrow in the gallery restaurant does anybody know what the dress code is?

Mikey
07-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Shirt and tie.

HFC07
07-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks mikey

Geo_1875
07-04-2012, 08:16 PM
And trousers.

Jonnyboy
07-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Shirt and tie.

What aboot the wimmin? :greengrin

bobbyhibs1983
07-04-2012, 09:08 PM

Thats the thing thats sorta put me off hospitality is the thing about "dressing up" and the whole shirt and tie stuff and well its just not me,
The thing that annoys me is sorta around your point of what about the wimmin. I just dont get the thing about men have to wear this that and well this and that as well and well the wimmin dont. what bout the equal rights marlarkey?

prehaps im just a moan and dont like the shirt and tie look but i do like to moan:greengrin

Mikey
07-04-2012, 09:16 PM

They get a tartan rug to put over their knees and carted off to the rugby :agree:

Jonnyboy
07-04-2012, 09:34 PM
They get a tartan rug to put over their knees and carted off to the rugby :agree:

:greengrin

monktonharp
07-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Hi guys,

My old man has hospitality tickets for the Motherwell game tomorrow in the gallery restaurant does anybody know what the dress code is?remind yer auld man that he cannae go commando.I'm sure yer Ma wilnae let him oot wi' nae yfronts oan though

Iggy Pope
07-04-2012, 09:54 PM

Oh that's very good! :devil:

Jack
07-04-2012, 11:49 PM

If you want one you have to bring your own.

joe breezy
08-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Puts me off too, a tie, who the hell wears a tie? I work in an advertising agency and not even the CEO ever wears a tie.

To me a tie says 'I hate my job'. I would certainly hate having to wear one. So uncomfortable...

There's no good reason to associate ties with having any class at all. Archaic rule.

aunty joyce
08-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Thats the thing thats sorta put me off hospitality is the thing about "dressing up" and the whole shirt and tie stuff and well its just not me,
The thing that annoys me is sorta around your point of what about the wimmin. I just dont get the thing about men have to wear this that and well this and that as well and well the wimmin dont. what bout the equal rights marlarkey?

prehaps im just a moan and dont like the shirt and tie look but i do like to moan:greengrin

Now Bobby, I understand your frustrations about women not being restricted by what they wear and your whole 'equal rights' arguement, but instead of moaning about it why not give Easter Road a call, I'm sure if it means that much to you they'd let you wear a dress for one day ;-)

Jones28
08-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Now Bobby, I understand your frustrations about women not being restricted by what they wear and your whole 'equal rights' arguement, but instead of moaning about it why not give Easter Road a call, I'm sure if it means that much to you they'd let you wear a dress for one day ;-)

Played :aok: :tee hee:

bobbyhibs1983
08-04-2012, 08:50 AM

Now now. with my legs?:devil:

Anyhow me in a dress would be scary sight and im sure if any kids saw me they d have nightmares.

As the poster above has said, I guess im one of these people whom just dont wear ties and in my case are "unfashionable" sorta person.

jonny
08-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Shirt and tie.

Not sayin this is wrong for today's game but I had hospitality in the gallery for the Dundee Utd game as part of "the hibs experience' and the dress code was smart casual - collar and tie not required, it was no light denims or trainers.
Other than the football it was a great day, had a tour of East Mains and a game of 5's n the indoor pitch then back to ER for some food and beer.

In the dressing room at EM they have all the players recent weights and body fat percentages on the wall, surprise for me was that Garry O'Connor only had 9.5% body fat! By no means the fattest player on the team

Holmesdale Hibs
08-04-2012, 09:18 AM

I think you could get away with not wearing a tie, smart shoes, trousers and a shirt would probably be fine, although its worth confirming this with the club.

I've been to hospitality a couple of times for birthdays and it's a good experience. We shared a table with Pat Stanton and you can have a drink before and after the game so definitely worth the effort.

If the dress code is the only thing putting you off it's worth checking with the club and, even if it is enforced, its still a great day out. It's not poncy or pretentious. Personally, I don't have a problem with it.

bobbyhibs1983
08-04-2012, 10:11 AM
I think you could get away with not wearing a tie, smart shoes, trousers and a shirt would probably be fine, although its worth confirming this with the club.

I've been to hospitality a couple of times for birthdays and it's a good experience. We shared a table with Pat Stanton and you can have a drink before and after the game so definitely worth the effort.

If the dress code is the only thing putting you off it's worth checking with the club and, even if it is enforced, its still a great day out. It's not poncy or pretentious. Personally, I don't have a problem with it.

Nods, Im sure there have been threads on hear about hospitality and what not and as far as i recall most of the posts have been good experinces and what not and worthe the price and effort though i think its fair to say its one of these things you do , as you have done for a birthday .

Its one of these things on "my to do list" and im sure if the worst came to the worst i could do a shirt and tie for a while,

On a side note is there a reason for the dress code?please forgive me if its a silly question but i dont get the whole corperate/hospitality thing.

The way i see it if your going to a footie match, your going for the match and a few beers/soft drinks a laugh with your mates as well as a hibs win.
The hospitaility thing, the way i see it, is like having drinks, getting a meal for you and well some "posh seats"in a good lcoation for a set price.
But then again i could be wrong

hibee_nation
08-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Nods, Im sure there have been threads on hear about hospitality and what not and as far as i recall most of the posts have been good experinces and what not and worthe the price and effort though i think its fair to say its one of these things you do , as you have done for a birthday .

Its one of these things on "my to do list" and im sure if the worst came to the worst i could do a shirt and tie for a while,

On a side note is there a reason for the dress code?please forgive me if its a silly question but i dont get the whole corperate/hospitality thing.

The way i see it if your going to a footie match, your going for the match and a few beers/soft drinks a laugh with your mates as well as a hibs win.
The hospitaility thing, the way i see it, is like having drinks, getting a meal for you and well some "posh seats"in a good lcoation for a set price.
But then again i could be wrong

Basil Fawlty folk ken whits gaun on. Ducks off :greengrin

HFC07
08-04-2012, 12:28 PM
remind yer auld man that he cannae go commando.I'm sure yer Ma wilnae let him oot wi' nae yfronts oan though

Low blow....

bobbyhibs1983
08-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Basil Fawlty folk ken whits gaun on. Ducks off :greengrin

what, basil fawlty's running the show?:devil:

hongkonghibee
09-04-2012, 04:20 AM
last tie i owned was for school, and i hated it then. I always wear t shirts too. It has put me off hospitality in the past when i lived in the UK - would probably have done it a few times if there was no dress code. Maybe they are need to rethink this? Football and ties seems an unlikely combination to me.

Bristolhibby
09-04-2012, 04:46 AM
I am going to hospitality at Sunderland in a couple of weeks, no dress code.

On a side note, my brother in law is a ST holder at White Hart Lane, he was in hospitality, went wearing a shirt, shoes and a really smart pair of £150 jeans.

The guy wouldn't let him in.

He ran round to Asda, bought a pair of £5 trousers with 25% off. So Asda trousers worth £3.75 were fine, but really nice jeans would have made him a hooligan. Please!

J