http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c0_CG3rmRYs

Jonnyboy
06-04-2012, 08:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c0_CG3rmRYs

She's achieved her aim I'd say :greengrin

PS In being controversial NOT beautiful :wink:

hibsbollah
06-04-2012, 08:28 PM
http://m.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/apr/04/samantha-brick-hated-good-looks?cat=lifeandstyle&type=article

This made me laugh.

TornadoHibby
06-04-2012, 08:31 PM
She's achieved her aim I'd say :greengrin

PS In being controversial NOT beautiful :wink:

I agree in that loads of people now know who she is whereas at the start of the week considerably fewer people (I imagine) knew her or of her! :agree:

I think she has an agenda that we aren't aware of just yet as no mentally stable female with ordinary looks would look in a mirror and believe that she was so fantastically attractive to men that most women hated her for it! :wink:

I'm sure all will become clear fairly soon! :wink:

Littlest Hobo
06-04-2012, 08:39 PM
I agree with her, she is an attractive lady and that other women are well gel of other attractive women. Why she would want to come out publicly and say this on national T.V is a mystery to me but then again I've never understood women.

Jay
06-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Shes right. I hate her. Shes wrong its because of her looks though. I hate the attention seeking, manipulative side her, its pretty unattractive in itself. As for her looks, she's pretty average really.

surreyhibbie
06-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Shes right. I hate her. Shes wrong its because of her looks though. I hate the attention seeking, manipulative side her, its pretty unattractive in itself. As for her looks, she's pretty average really.

Never heard of her. Quite attractive but not amazingly so....

Publicity stunt, o late April fools maybe?

Jay
06-04-2012, 10:07 PM
I believe she was on morning telly the other day but I didnt see it.

green glory
06-04-2012, 10:25 PM
I believe she was on morning telly the other day but I didnt see it.

Ruth and Eamonn interviewing her. My eyes were on Ruth though.

Sylar
06-04-2012, 11:16 PM

:agree: - the psychologist on the other hand... :greengrin

I bet feminists the nation over would have been screaming at their TV this morning at this woman. I don't doubt that women CAN BE jealous of [perceived] more attractive women but the level this individual goes to by suggesting that people are predisposed to dislike her purely on her looks is ridiculous and I dare say some women (and possibly even men) would be downright offended by such a view.

Her looks are neither here nor there in the discussion - she has a perception of herself and as a result, is biased to interperet responses in accordance to her perception. It's almost like the opposite paranoia which comes with NOT being attractive, whereby you feel every hushed discussion or giggle as you enter a room is aimed at you, based on your [perceived] poor appearance. I guess a lot of people will have felt the latter, but it takes some amount of arrogance to come out with her suggestion - "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and all that.

I think both sides place far too much emphasis on the thoughts and opinions of others, when really, most folks probably couldn't care less about how you do or don't look, and if they are so shallow as to make such prejudgements, then why do WE care what they think?

My signature perhaps sums it up quite nicely - her certainty about her own looks and the response which that creates is absurd.

Geo_1875
07-04-2012, 08:05 AM
She is stunningly plain.