PDA

View Full Version : Gazza gets on the treadmill.

yekimevol
06-04-2012, 10:46 AM
The Hibs manager has given the former Birmingham City hitman extra work in solo training sessions in a bid to increase his stamina.
And Fenlon believes that the heavier workload is beginning to pay off for O’Connor, who scored in last weekend’s 3-2 win over Inverness.
Prior to the game against Caley, O’Connor’s last strike was back in January against Dunfermline at East End Park, but Fenlon reckons the goals could soon be coming thick and fast if he keeps up the hard work.
The Easter Road boss said: “We took Garry out of the equation for the past two or three weeks to get him a little bit fitter.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/hibs-boss-backs-garry-o-connor-to-crank-things-up-1-2216615

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Peevemor
06-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Now we know why they bought the extra land/building at East Mains. :agree:

http://hackedgadgets.com/wp-content/rolling_road_wind_tunnel_2.jpg

lyonhibs
06-04-2012, 12:16 PM
thought Paul Gascoigne was on the mend from the threat title. Good news though, god knows he needs extra fitness work.

IWasThere2016
06-04-2012, 12:23 PM
GOC is class - God only knows how far adrift we'd have been without him! I hope he re-signs :agree:

Steven_Hibs
06-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Still looks unfit to me :confused: Here's hoping he gets fitter :greengrin

col02
06-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I think the big man and Griffiths will fire us to safety and also into the cup final. Would love to see both players as our forwards next season too!

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2012, 01:46 PM
I dont think we can afford to keep O'Conner next season, we cant rely on him to keep remotely fit, his fitness is shocking for a professional footballer.

A fit Garry O'Conner is a real asset to any SPL club, but is that what we are getting or will get?

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-04-2012, 02:26 PM
We can afford an unfit GOC, that will get us 15-20 goals a season, but a match fit version that would be lasting 90 minutes, playing week-in-week-out and notching the goals up, would soon have others clubs knocking on the door with bigger offers. Catch 22.

Keith_M
06-04-2012, 03:13 PM
We can afford an unfit GOC, that will get us 15-20 goals a season, but a match fit version that would be lasting 90 minutes, playing week-in-week-out and notching the goals up, would soon have others clubs knocking on the door with bigger offers. Catch 22.

I'd go for the fully fit O'Connor. That way, Rod could sell him and finally get the helipad he's always wanted built onto the roof of the West Stand.

He already has the underground bullet train from his secret lair below East Mains to Easter Road, so this would complete the "Evil Villain's" accessories.

Dinkydoo
06-04-2012, 05:25 PM
I'd go for the fully fit O'Connor. That way, Rod could sell him and finally get the helipad he's always wanted built onto the roof of the West Stand.

He already has the underground bullet train from his secret lair below East Mains to Easter Road, so this would complete the "Evil Villain's" accessories.

:faf:

basehibby
06-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Still looks unfit to me :confused: Here's hoping he gets fitter :greengrin

I thought he looked a wee bit slimmer last Sunday in Inverness - like only a stone and a bit overweight as opposed to two. Credit where it's due - has been working hard and making progress.

Holmesdale Hibs
06-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Now we know why they bought the extra land/building at East Mains. :agree:

http://hackedgadgets.com/wp-content/rolling_road_wind_tunnel_2.jpg

:hilarious

Seems to be working so let's hope he keeps it up. Having a fit GOC makes us a much better side.