PDA

View Full Version : Classic Hibs V Motherwell

PaulSmith
06-04-2012, 08:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr6qwx6CZlM

Too young to remember this one myself.

Home games v Motherwell though, I remember Michael O'Neil's 'wonder strike' and the Friday afternoon game on the same day as Davy Cooper died. To be fair thats about it for me at home v 'Well.

Anyone else?

erin go bragh
06-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Also just too young as Gordon Rae was playing centre half [not up front] in my day :greengrin
Same score on sunday :agree: 3/2 we only win 3/2 :greengrin
ggtth

DaveF
06-04-2012, 08:03 PM
I seem to remember Paul Kane scoring the only goal very early on in a game against Motherwell at ER in the 90's sometime?

A real goalmouth scramble which ended with him belting it into the roof of the net.

Not spectacular, not even a great game. Come to think of it, may not even have been against Motherwell :greengrin but noteable because I nearly missed it due to being late leaving Shades.

HibbyAndy
06-04-2012, 08:20 PM
How about 2-1 Hibs 2005 when Richmond was the ref?!?! Worst EVER performance ive seen by a referee ..He totaly lost the plot that day, At one stage play was raging on behind him and he was booking a hibs player..He sent Mowbray to the stand and got hit with a 6 game ban cause of Coco the clowns incompetence...There is poor refereeing and there is downright cheating, He was the latter IMO, A total disgraceful referee that time and time again infuriated us Hibs fans..Riordan scored an injury time winner that Coco tried his damnest to disallow, But the fact the goal was complete legit he couldnt rule it out, By far and away the worst EVER ref in Scotland..Corruption to that fud is just a name! Shame on you Charlie Richmond!!.

1-0 Hibs was another game V Motherwell that sticks out, Ian Murray scoring a header at the famous five end from a full 10 yards out With not long left on the clock.

Jonnyboy
06-04-2012, 08:33 PM

Home games v Motherwell though, I remember Michael O'Neil's 'wonder strike' and the Friday afternoon game on the same day as Davy Cooper died. To be fair thats about it for me at home v 'Well.

Anyone else?

I'm not :greengrin

Was a good result against a strong Motherwell :agree:

Ally MacLeod was some player :agree:

PaulSmith
06-04-2012, 08:44 PM
I seem to remember Paul Kane scoring the only goal very early on in a game against Motherwell at ER in the 90's sometime?

A real goalmouth scramble which ended with him belting it into the roof of the net.

Not spectacular, not even a great game. Come to think of it, may not even have been against Motherwell :greengrin but noteable because I nearly missed it due to being late leaving Shades.

Might not be same but was it a goal mouth scramble where we hit bar 2 or 3 times before Kane scored at ff end?

Also Hibs 6 - 1 in Skol cup in 86

DaveF
06-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Might not be same but was it a goal mouth scramble where we hit bar 2 or 3 times before Kane scored at ff end?

Yep, that's the one I'm thinking of :agree:

Bishop Hibee
06-04-2012, 08:50 PM

It was 1-1 in that game then we romped it. I'm sure there was a game where Benny Brazil got a late winner in a 1-0 win at ER the same season.

AlbertK86
06-04-2012, 08:53 PM

Skol cup game was an epic performance

HibbyAndy
06-04-2012, 08:53 PM

Call yersel a hibby:wink:

Jonnyboy
06-04-2012, 08:54 PM

This one Dave?

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=3979

Edit: This one was a belter :greengrin

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=4839

DaveF
06-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Call yersel a hibby:wink:

1987 is pretty close to the 90s :greengrin

I was obviously drinking waaaay more than was good for me back then!

Pinkie
06-04-2012, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=PaulSmith;3170224
Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

One from 88 or 89 that really sticks out for me because it was my first Hibs game. We won 3-2. Houchen, Collins and Weir were the scorers IIRC. Singing almost non-stop in the East terracing (that's how it felt anyway) including several songs before kick-off. Davy Cooper getting pelters all game - "Cooper, what's the score?" - and giving plenty back to the Hibs fans too.

Hooked from the moment I got to the top of the steps and saw the pitch. Happy days.

HibbyAndy
06-04-2012, 09:07 PM
1987 is pretty close to the 90s :greengrin

I was obviously drinking waaaay more than was good for me back then!

:hilarious:thumbsup:

:singing: Kanooo Kanooo Kanoooo Kanoooooooooooooooo :singing:

PaulSmith
06-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Sat 3pm, terracing in 1987 and crowd was 6800.... Was par for course in these days

ekhibee
06-04-2012, 10:05 PM
http://youtu.be/BKMnrHrXa9c

jgl07
07-04-2012, 12:52 AM

Anyone else?

It wasn't a Friday afternoon, it was a Wednesday afternoon.

It was when the North and South stands were under construction and there were no floodlights.

tanfield
07-04-2012, 03:20 AM
85 -86 season, 4 - 0 home win and John Collins got his first goal for Hibs(IIRC) with a sweet strike in the 2nd half.

Game really sticks in the memory as it was bloody freezing and I was that cold in the old cow shed that I didn't even get off my backside for the 3rd and 4th goals. Frozen to the spot!!!!!

Lot of good Fir Park memories, Collins volleying on in from the far corner of the box (sure Mickey Weir scored with a 25 yarder same game), game where Goram saved a penalty from his nemesis (Stevie Kirk)and Keith's first competitive goal with a sclaffed effort that wrong footed the Well keeper

soupy
07-04-2012, 05:28 AM
1st ever hibs game was against Motherwell, hibs won 4 nil at easter rd, probably would have been 1985. don't remember too much about it but they had a keeper I think called Jim gardiner, who was wearing tights. :-)

Northernhibee
07-04-2012, 08:41 AM
The 2-1 game last season, was my 25th birthday, got steamin' and after a ***** penalty given away by Grounds (he was murder) two cracking Deeko goals, a fantastic performance from Ian Murray getting stuck right in and the whole of the east singing "One Ian Murray".

Superb day.

tamig
07-04-2012, 05:15 PM
It was 1-1 in that game then we romped it. I'm sure there was a game where Benny Brazil got a late winner in a 1-0 win at ER the same season.

I think that was a league game played not long after the league cup game. Our league cup form was tremendous but league form was pish and Benny did get the winner. Think it was a foggy day from what I remember.

07-04-2012, 08:35 PM
How about 2-1 Hibs 2005 when Richmond was the ref?!?! Worst EVER performance ive seen by a referee ..He totaly lost the plot that day, At one stage play was raging on behind him and he was booking a hibs player..He sent Mowbray to the stand and got hit with a 6 game ban cause of Coco the clowns incompetence...There is poor refereeing and there is downright cheating, He was the latter IMO, A total disgraceful referee that time and time again infuriated us Hibs fans..Riordan scored an injury time winner that Coco tried his damnest to disallow, But the fact the goal was complete legit he couldnt rule it out, By far and away the worst EVER ref in Scotland..Corruption to that fud is just a name! Shame on you Charlie Richmond!!.

1-0 Hibs was another game V Motherwell that sticks out, Ian Murray scoring a header at the famous five end from a full 10 yards out With not long left on the clock.

Remember that game, you sure it wasn't Alan Freeland the ref that day?

You might be right as Richmond is an awful ref but for some reason I have a really funny feeling it was Freeland. Absolute joke that game, truly beyond belief!

HibbyAndy
07-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Remember that game, you sure it wasn't Alan Freeland the ref that day?

You might be right as Richmond is an awful ref but for some reason I have a really funny feeling it was Freeland. Absolute joke that game, truly beyond belief!

Trust me pal it was Richmond...Think you are refering to another outrageous game where we had Falkirk at hame and Freeland had an absolute shocker!!!

07-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Trust me pal it was Richmond...Think you are refering to another outrageous game where we had Falkirk at hame and Freeland had an absolute shocker!!!

Yea might be, both have had appalling displays whilst refereeing us!

silverhibee
07-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Yea might be, both have had appalling displays whilst refereeing us!

:agree:

givescotlandfreedom
08-04-2012, 12:54 AM

Richmond has it on for us something chronic. Around that era we seemed to be suffering him all the time.

The Green Goblin
08-04-2012, 01:53 AM
I think the game you were thinking of was Freeland and it was against Falkirk (I think it was them). Sent KT off for nothing (1 yellow was given after KT asked if he could speak to him "as captain") and then was told via a fan near me in the west lower who shouted to Mark Venus who then pointed out to the 4th official who then signalled him and informed him that the (Falkirk?) player he just booked had ALREADY been booked and had to be sent off, all while play was raging on. The worst refereeing performance I have ever seen in my life, verging on the bizarre at times. I remember that too cos I got through to Your Call where Traynor and Chick Young were arguing about it and I said that a conspiracy was nonsense but that people should reasonably expect a referee to be able to get the basics right and not ruin it for the many thousands of people who had paid good money to watch it, whereupon Jim Traynor said "you see Chick? The voice of reason."

Is being called "The voice of reason" by Jim Traynor a good thing?? Hmmmm..... Haha

E10 Rifle
08-04-2012, 04:51 AM
2-6 at Fir Park. Duffy's last game in charge I believe and McLeish's for them. I arrived late and we were already 2-0 up (Lavety definitely got one). I settled down and looked forward to a rout. I got one too...just the wrong around :rolleyes:

bingo70
08-04-2012, 07:08 AM
My favourite hibs goal was against motherwell, Michael O'neills volley against motherwell still gets me all excited now when i think about it.

Not sure if i'm getting my memory mixed up though, we beat them in the scottish cup around this time as well and remember there was a massive pagger in the motherwell end, was that all the same game or am i merging two or three different games from that time into one?