PDA

View Full Version : Display Against Motherwell

Chuck Rhoades
05-04-2012, 12:43 PM
We will be having a flag/streamer display in S43 against Motherwell this Sunday. We would encourage fans to stand in S43 to help with the participation of the display - a warm up for the Semi Final! For those who wish to relocate just fire up as there are plenty of seats spare.

Any pictures/videos would also be appreciated.

Andy74
05-04-2012, 01:27 PM
How about the singing section try singing one week before these disaplays that seem to be the in thing? I'm just a couple of blocks along and never hear a thing. I hear the away fans singing from even further away though.

Beefster
05-04-2012, 01:28 PM
How about the singing section try singing one week before these disaplays that seem to be the in thing? I'm just a couple of blocks along and never hear a thing. I hear the away fans singing from even further away though.

Uh oh....

Chuck Rhoades
05-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Uh oh....

I dont bite anymore:greengrin

In response to Andy, will try my best, as do the others around me.

Why don't you sing and join in? Maybe then others around you would and they people can hear the East for a change?

DC_Hibs
05-04-2012, 01:35 PM

Maybe you're too caught up in your own self importance ya dumplin' and have no idea of what's going on around you.

Fitba folk ken etc etc

yadda yadda

RIP
05-04-2012, 03:00 PM

The displays happen pre-match Andy, usually timed to greet the players coming out of the tunnel. They don't tend to conflict with singing which tends to occur during the match.

The club and players are keen for us all to get behind the team - as vocally as possible. Pat and the boys certainly appreciated the supporters efforts at Inverness last week. Our non-stop singing when a goal down inspired the fightback

I wonder how we all work together to show that same passion at Easter Road to help keep our great club in the SPL. Be good to hear your ideas

At The Edge
05-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Hopefully we'll also get some of 42 and 44 involved in the streamer throwing,
be nice to get a good turnout on the back of a crucial 3 points up in Inverness,
onward!
:pfgwa

Andy74
05-04-2012, 03:16 PM
I dont bite anymore:greengrin

In response to Andy, will try my best, as do the others around me.

Why don't you sing and join in? Maybe then others around you would and they people can hear the East for a change?

I do, but I've got a row to myself almost - when you have a kid that's what happens! not so easy to get the songs going.

I've been there and done it though, under the gantry, starting all the songs, not enough of that from these youngsters now. :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
05-04-2012, 03:16 PM

Have a word with yourself. Your point has nothing to do with what Ross is trying to say.

On the other hand perhaps you should move seats and try and encourage some of section 43 to sing rather than have a sly dig from behind your pc.

Andy74
05-04-2012, 03:17 PM
The displays happen pre-match Andy, usually timed to greet the players coming out of the tunnel. They don't tend to conflict with singing which tends to occur during the match.

The club and players are keen for us all to get behind the team - as vocally as possible. Pat and the boys certainly appreciated the supporters efforts at Inverness last week. Our non-stop singing when a goal down inspired the fightback

I wonder how we all work together to show that same passion at Easter Road to help keep our great club in the SPL. Be good to hear your ideas

My ideas?

Sing and jump about like we did in the old days. Easy. Don't let the seats put you off! Or the bad football. We had to try and sign through Alex Miller for goodness sake!! :greengrin

HibbyAndy
05-04-2012, 03:22 PM
I do, but I've got a row to myself almost - when you have a kid that's what happens! not so easy to get the songs going.

I've been there and done it though, under the gantry, starting all the songs, not enough of that from these youngsters now. :greengrin

Me tae.. I started many a song in the old East for years and years, Now in the current East it doesnt have the same feel to it, Doesnt reverbate round the stand like the wee East terracing, Maybe im getting old, Still join in the singing now and again but nothing will ever come close to singing on Derby day in that wee East, Goose pimple material.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Me tae.. I started many a song in the old East for years and years, Now in the current East it doesnt have the same feel to it, Doesnt reverbate round the stand like the wee East terracing, Maybe im getting old, Still join in the singing now and again but nothing will ever come close to singing on Derby day in that wee East, Goose pimple material.

I know what you mean, we used to stand in the old north enclosure. And you could hit John Greig with 2 mince pies one each half, right on the back of his nice new curly perm. Try getting away with that these days. :wink:

HibbyAndy
05-04-2012, 03:30 PM
I know what you mean, we used to stand in the old north enclosure. And you could hit John Greig with 2 mince pies one each half, right on the back of his nice new curly perm. Try getting away with that these days. :wink:

:hilarious:greengrin

Nowadays you get huckled oot for singing Paul Hartley is gay :Ummm:

Jonnyboy
05-04-2012, 07:23 PM

Comes across as a cheap pop at the singing section Andy. Maybe you need your ears syringed :greengrin

Keith_M
05-04-2012, 07:47 PM

Did you get lifted in an early morning Police raid?

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Did you get lifted in an early morning Police raid?

No idea what you mean, i have no idea who threw the pies, although i have eaten a few since that day. Whoever it was had the aim of william tell. :wink: The hun was picking mince out his curly perm all through the 2nd half, it was quite a funny thing to watch, especially as we pumped them too.

essexhibee
05-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Well done for those who travelled last week. Was shocked :greengrin to hear the fans singing when we went a goal down.

frazeHFC
05-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Well done for those who travelled last week. Was shocked :greengrin to hear the fans singing when we went a goal down.

Yeah last week the atmosphere was poor until we went 1-0 down and after that the singing was fantastic. When we got the 3rd the place absolutely erupted. :thumbsup: Ran down the front and it was mayhem. :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
07-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Bump

Baldy Foghorn
07-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Used to love seeing the teams come out, and confetti getting thrown up in the air, hope the streamers look good tomorrow...

RIP
07-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I do, but I've got a row to myself almost - when you have a kid that's what happens! not so easy to get the songs going. I've been there and done it though, under the gantry, starting all the songs, not enough of that from these youngsters now. :greengrin

My ideas?

Sing and jump about like we did in the old days. Easy. Don't let the seats put you off! Or the bad football. We had to try and sing through Alex Miller for goodness sake!! :greengrin

You lads are all younger than me, some I'm old enough to be yer dad.:greengrin I've been standing and singing since the 1960's and for the past 2 seasons in Section 42 or 43.

You are never too old. We have kids in the Singing Section. Me, brother Ian, Jack, Jamie, Johnnyboy, Woody are all in our forties and fifties and we all have our kids in S42 and 43 with us.

It's not about age. It's about attitude. Watched Stoke City today and there were guys and lassies in their 60's and 70's singing their heids off. Loudest club in the EPL and no higher than 11th. If they can do it - so can we. Why leave it to one section to carry the load of vocal encouragement for the team?

We will all be up for it next week - that's for sure :pfgwa

Kato
07-04-2012, 09:23 PM
No idea what you mean, i have no idea who threw the pies, although i have eaten a few since that day. Whoever it was had the aim of william tell. :wink: The hun was picking mince out his curly perm all through the 2nd half, it was quite a funny thing to watch, especially as we pumped them too.

I know the guy very well, he's a lovely man and as staunch a Hibby today as when he copped "He's not got a birth certificate" with that well aimed savoury.

down-the-slope
07-04-2012, 09:24 PM
wel done all those involved :not worth

Sorry I will miss it as I will do well to make it for half time due to another stupid KO time :rolleyes:

Antifa Hibs
07-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Too late to get a nice big ***** ESPN & SKY SPORTS banner down the front of the East facing the TV cameras..? Mibbe next time :aok:

Macaroon
07-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Too late to get a nice big ***** ESPN & SKY SPORTS banner down the front of the East facing the TV cameras..? Mibbe next time :aok:

Plan

yeezus.
07-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Good luck with the display tomorrow, I wish I could make it. GGTTH

SteveHFC
07-04-2012, 10:25 PM

I'm sure that could be arranged :cb

Chuck Rhoades
07-04-2012, 11:09 PM

You mean like the one we done today?

***** the SFA/SPL and our corrupt game that is controlled by TV stations.

TV killed the football fan.

http://i41.tinypic.com/jp8ugj.jpg

silverhibee
07-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Well done everyone involved. :thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
08-04-2012, 08:33 AM
We will be having a flag/streamer display in S43 against Motherwell this Sunday. We would encourage fans to stand in S43 to help with the participation of the display - a warm up for the Semi Final! For those who wish to relocate just fire up as there are plenty of seats spare.

Any pictures/videos would also be appreciated.

Bump

down-the-slope
08-04-2012, 08:45 AM

Some good artists by the look of it:not worth

I was wanting 'YES to 9-3'...as this is the way all the other stuff can be tackled in our game.....

frazeHFC
08-04-2012, 10:12 AM

:thumbsup:

Andy74
08-04-2012, 08:46 PM
I thought the singing section were great today and set the tone for some positive support. Was that a drum we had? Not sure about that one!

At The Edge
08-04-2012, 08:56 PM
I thought the singing section were great today and set the tone for some positive support. Was that a drum we had? Not sure about that one!

Yep a drum was in play for the first time today.
feedback has been good so far on the use of it, kept simple and only used on certain songs.
helped with the tempo of songs and to keep a natural rhythm going.

the back wall didn't get a heavy pounding today either :wink:

SteveHFC
08-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Yep a drum was in play for the first time today.
feedback has been good so far on the use of it, kept simple and only used on certain songs.
helped with the tempo of songs and to keep a natural rhythm going.

the back wall didn't get a heavy pounding today either :wink:

That's all we need a bloody drum :rolleyes:

Joking :na na:

frazeHFC
08-04-2012, 08:58 PM

Yeah it was. :agree:

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x102/happikali/fave frequent flyers/drumming.gif

The drum was amazing. Really, really helped with some of the songs and the section was bouncing which was definately helped by the drum setting the rhythm. Was a great effort today and constant singing. Bring on Hampden!

:flag:

yeezus.
09-04-2012, 08:34 AM
How did the display go?

I can't wait to see the green and white next weekend:flag:

Makaveli
09-04-2012, 08:39 AM
I always thought a drum would be a bad idea (livingston!) but IMO it seriously added to the atmosphere by being used selectively to maintain tempo. Good work.

frazeHFC
09-04-2012, 11:14 AM
I agree, when others hear that it isn't just battering the crap out of it, they will also change their mind.

How did the display go?

I can't wait to see the green and white next weekend:flag:

Thought it went well, the streamers look really smart. The singing was good too and next week will be amazing! :thumbsup:

09-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I agree, when others hear that it isn't just battering the crap out of it, they will also change their mind.

Thought it went well, the streamers look really smart. The singing was good too and next week will be amazing! :thumbsup:

Any Pictures?

silverhibee
09-04-2012, 09:36 PM

Not sure about the drummer either.

http://www.loresdelsith.net/3po/bios/bin/msfan_animal.jpg

:thumbsup:

greenlex
10-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Thought the best streamer of the day was the one stuck to Ivans foot as he raced along. It looked like some sort of slipstream.
Yes to the drum by the way.