PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian TV - what d'ya get and is it worth it?

Hongkong Phooey
05-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Based abroad for a couple of years and intersted in what other expats think of this.

Also, any way to know which games will be shown live

Thanks in advance.

Jay
05-04-2012, 09:33 AM
There is a long thread about this running . I would post a link for you but I am on my phone. Oversees fans and hibs tv is in the title

Hongkong Phooey
05-04-2012, 09:36 AM
There is a long thread about this running . I would post a link for you but I am on my phone. Oversees fans and hibs tv is in the title

Thanks. Will have a look.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 09:36 AM
It used to be worth it imo, when i was abroad a season ticket was fantastic value, but now it seems any game you want to watch is either on a dodgy stream or live on foreign tv anyway?

hibbybrian
05-04-2012, 09:57 AM
It used to be worth it imo, when i was abroad a season ticket was fantastic value, but now it seems any game you want to watch is either on a dodgy stream or live on foreign tv anyway?

I had a max season ticket which gave every home game, cup games, European games :greengrin some away league games and preseason friendlies for about 180 quid including interactive membership.

There were some occasions when there were problems with streaming (but there was a live forum for solving problems - used to enjoy your posts G :greengrin ) and sometimes refunds were offered - didn't see the point of accepting a refund as it was money that could be used to improve the service.

The new improved service only shows matches which I can watch live in Qatar anyway so it's a bit pointless :rolleyes: although I would still be prepared to buy a season ticket if the previously covered matches were included. :cb

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I had a max season ticket which gave every home game, cup games, European games :greengrin some away league games and preseason friendlies for about 180 quid including interactive membership.

There were some occasions when there were problems with streaming (but there was a live forum for solving problems - used to enjoy your posts G :greengrin ) and sometimes refunds were offered - didn't see the point of accepting a refund as it was money that could be used to improve the service.

The new improved service only shows matches which I can watch live in Qatar anyway so it's a bit pointless :rolleyes: although I would still be prepared to buy a season ticket if the previously covered matches were included. :cb

That was the season ticket i had, and yes it was great value. :top marks I only had 2 games where i had trouble with the streams, and as you say a refund was offered straight away. Its a real shame for those who are abroad, as i loved the service.:not worth

I really hope its brought back for you lads next season, i know you will be missing it. :flag:

hongkonghibee
05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
That was the season ticket i had, and yes it was great value. :top marks I only had 2 games where i had trouble with the streams, and as you say a refund was offered straight away. Its a real shame for those who are abroad, as i loved the service.:not worth

I really hope its brought back for you lads next season, i know you will be missing it. :flag:

Thanks for your support blackpoolhibs.....yes we are missing the service so much! we can no longer get Hibs biased commentary with the few live games they do still show us as its just restreamed ESPN/Sky/Alba which is available anyway on the internet.
It was a great service before with the season ticket. Hope they re-introduce it next season, as im feeling disconnected from the Club I love.

DC_Hibs
05-04-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure whats included in the package now but previously for me I had hibstv membership of around 35 a year and one off £6 charges for watching games live - all home games and the occasional away. I still pay the annual amount and have no interest in live matches under their new poorer service.

Positives - watching the occasional player/manager interview, match highlights are available to view quickly (BBC highlights are not avail for overseas viewers so I have to download Sportscene otherwise via a download site).

Negative - they only show games which are live on TV which can be obtained elsewhere (same quality of stream) for brussel sprout.