PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Deadlines extended - Earlybird & Payment plan

Saorsa
05-04-2012, 08:19 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120405/-deadlines-extended-_2262950_2723917

lyonhibs
05-04-2012, 08:25 AM
A necessary step I suspect, given the inevitably sloooooooooow ST sales thus far

RIP
05-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Great news - I've just saved masel' a last minute recorded delivery.

It's only extended it by a couple of days but at least can settle up on Sunday before the Well game

Why do I always leave it to the death :rolleyes:

Saorsa
05-04-2012, 08:27 AM
A necessary step I suspect, given the inevitably sloooooooooow ST sales thus fara more likely reason than the explanation in the article I think :wink:

smurf
05-04-2012, 08:54 AM
A welcome move but I feel they could have better time managed this hoping to capitalise on any good result on sun and a week on sat.

Green Man
05-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Gah, they're making me want one now. That old familiar tugging at the heartstrings feeling. If I could afford it I would get one.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 09:17 AM
An extension is a good thing, i wonder why? :wink: Would like to have seen it extended to a week after the semi final.

IF we won that, there would undoubtedly been an upsurge in sales, unless they will be offering a sweetener should that happen?

Judas Iscariot
05-04-2012, 09:56 AM
An extension is a good thing, i wonder why? :wink: Would like to have seen it extended to a week after the semi final.

IF we won that, there would undoubtedly been an upsurge in sales, unless they will be offering a sweetener should that happen?

Another instance of the board not having a scooby IMO..

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Do Hibs ever tell the truth.

The deadline for early bird tickets is extended for a mere 2 days and folk don't believe the club's reasons for doing so. :hilarious

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 10:12 AM

Another instance of the board not having a scooby IMO..

The board have got it bang on.

Extending it till after the semi would mean that there was be no benefit for those who renewed early.

If Hibs win the semi-final, there will be an upsurge in sales regardless.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Posted this on another thread, but it seems more relevant here.

Here's a wee idea for the board, lets say we sell 8000 season tickets a year. Lets have the board put that money up front now for Fenlon to use, then take it back from future sales, a bit like seasonticketus.

Perhaps then they might focus more on getting things right on the park?

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 10:15 AM
The board have got it bang on.

Extending it till after the semi would mean that there was be no benefit for those who renewed early.

If Hibs win the semi-final, there will be an upsurge in sales regardless.

I'd have thought we should be making it for the benefit of the club, not those who happen to renew a wee bit early? What benefit does a couple of weeks make anyway?:confused:

H18sry
05-04-2012, 10:16 AM

Here's a wee idea for the board, lets say we sell 8000 season tickets a year. Lets have the board put that money up front now for Fenlon to use, then take it back from future sales, a bit like seasonticketus.

And what happens in seasons 2 and 3 if PF doesn't get it right next season, do we just do a "Huns" :confused:

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 10:17 AM
And what happens in seasons 2 and 3 if PF doesn't get it right next season, do we just do a "Huns" :confused:

I dont understand?

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I'd have thought we should be making it for the benefit of the club, not those who happen to renew a wee bit early? What benefit does a couple of weeks make anyway?:confused:

Why have an early bird at all in that case?

derek0762
05-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Glad to hear that, was going to go in tomorrow to renew, but looks like I might need to work tomorrow so result for me :-)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lbrius

H18sry
05-04-2012, 10:26 AM
I dont understand?

If we dont sell 8000 season tickets we will be taking it from the next 2 seasons worth of tickets.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 10:27 AM

I dont know dave, why have an early bird season ticket? I'm not against it, but imo if we are to have one, lets take advantage of it. We have a semi final coming up, and should we win i'd imagine it would bring the feel good factor back for quite a lot of us.

Having the early bird scheme available for 7 days after the semi, might just get a few who are dithering back on board and into the ticket office to sign up again?

Its about striking while the irons hot, taking advantage of any upturn in mood. Its about acting now not reacting later, IMO it just seems to me something they might be able to use to the clubs best interest.

Judas Iscariot
05-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I dont know dave, why have an early bird season ticket? I'm not against it, but imo if we are to have one, lets take advantage of it. We have a semi final coming up, and should we win i'd imagine it would bring the feel good factor back for quite a lot of us.

Having the early bird scheme available for 7 days after the semi, might just get a few who are dithering back on board and into the ticket office to sign up again?

Its about striking while the irons hot, taking advantage of any upturn in mood. Its about acting now not reacting later, IMO it just seems to me something they might be able to use to the clubs best interest.

:agree:

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 10:29 AM
If we dont sell 8000 season tickets we will be taking it from the next 2 seasons worth of tickets.

I know that, i plucked 8000 out the air, maybe i should have said 5000 or 4000 or 7000, just what the club would roughly think we will sell.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 10:31 AM

As i have said further up, personally i'm not against the early bird scheme, but maximising it should be the clubs aim, its only the dates i disagree with.

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 10:37 AM

Folk will renew after the semi final at full price.

The early bird won't be the persuading factor, the cup final and the guaranteed ticket will be.

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Also, if the early bird scheme was available till after the semi-final, how many folk who have renewed recently, would just wait until they see whether we're in the final or not.

A semi final defeat would be terrible for renewals.

Some folk are already reluctant to renew cos they don't know if we're going to be playing Rangers or if we're even going to be in the SPL. Why offer another chance to procrastinate?

On the plus side, the guarantee of ticket, if we win, will have persuaded many to take the early bird offer now.

Mikeystewart
05-04-2012, 10:43 AM
a more likely reason than the explanation in the article I think :wink:

My thoughts exactly, a convenient excuse.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 10:44 AM

The early bird won't be the persuading factor, the cup final and the guaranteed ticket will be.

Well we disagree Dave.

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Well we disagree Dave.

We do, but as usual in these instances, I'm right. :na na:

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Also, if the early bird scheme was available till after the semi-final, how many folk who have renewed recently, would just wait until they see whether we're in the final or not.

A semi final defeat would be terrible for renewals.

Some folk are already reluctant to renew cos they don't know if we're going to be playing Rangers or if we're even going to be in the SPL. Why offer another chance to procrastinate?

On the plus side, the guarantee of ticket, if we win, will have persuaded many to take the early bird offer now.

Has that been said by the board?

Beefster
05-04-2012, 10:49 AM

Folk are renewing before the semi-final at full price. There seems to be this perception that getting to the final will have everyone rushing to renew - everyone with an ST is guaranteed a final ticket anyway, irrespective of whether they renew or not. I can then be [almost] guaranteed a ticket for any game next season by spending £20 odd quid on a membership.

Part of the reason for the reluctance to renew is the terrible early bird deal. Extending the deadline (which I don't think they should do anyway) will do nothing to make the deal any better.

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Has that been said by the board?

Yes. Next year's season ticket holders have first priority.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Yes. Next year's season ticket holders have first priority.

Link please, i cant believe our board would speculate about something that may not even happen?:confused:

Beefster
05-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Link please, i cant believe our board would speculate about something that may not even happen?:confused:

I don't think that they have speculated. They did it for the semi so I think folk are assuming that the same would happen for the final.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't think that they have speculated. They did it for the semi so I think folk are assuming that the same would happen for the final.

I could be wrong, i was once before. :greengrin But i have not seen anything saying next seasons season ticket holders will be guaranteed a ticket at this seasons Scottish cup final should we be lucky enough to get there?

Pretty sure we'd never say that unless we were in the final?

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 11:07 AM

You're being pedantic, Gary.

They may not have specifically mentioned the 2012 cup final, but you know fine that season ticket holders get first priority for buying other tickets.

I read something saying that 2012/13 seasons held priority over 11/12, but I can't remember where.

Beefster
05-04-2012, 11:09 AM
You're being pedantic, Gary.

They may not have specifically mentioned the 2012 cup final, but you know fine that season ticket holders get first priority for buying other tickets.

I read something saying that 2012/13 seasons held priority over 11/12, but I can't remember where.

I'd be astonished (and ****ing raging tbh) if a 2012/13 ST had priority over a 2011/12 ST in season 2011/12. That would make my mind up on the ST front once and for all.

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 11:17 AM
I'd be astonished (and ****ing raging tbh) if a 2012/13 ST had priority over a 2011/12 ST in season 2011/12. That would make my mind up on the ST front once and for all.

I remembered thinking that it was a bit strange, but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference as there were so few existing season ticket members in comparison to tickets.

Of course, I could have dreamed it. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 11:27 AM
I had misread it.

ST holder (will) have priority over 2011/12 members, not 2011/12 ST holders.

From here. (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?231263-Hypothesis-Buy-a-2012-Season-Membership-Be-guaranteed-a-Cup-Final-Ticket&highlight=priority)

And here. (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120319/semi-final-tickets_2262950_2665117)

lyonhibs
05-04-2012, 12:29 PM
I had misread it.

ST holder (will) have priority over 2011/12 members, not 2011/12 ST holders.

From here. (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?231263-Hypothesis-Buy-a-2012-Season-Membership-Be-guaranteed-a-Cup-Final-Ticket&highlight=priority)

And here. (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120319/semi-final-tickets_2262950_2665117)

As a 2011/2012 member who has attended 1 game all season, I am absolutely fuming at this decision.

What in the name of god do the board think they're up to, alienating such an important part of their support?? Petrie can ram it up his a***, the mouser twitching bank manager.

Etc etc etc ad infinitum

Beefster
05-04-2012, 12:44 PM
As a 2011/2012 member....

Sorry. I promise not to complain about potentially being shafted when I'm only paying £20 for the privilege next season.

The_Exile
05-04-2012, 12:59 PM

So that would mean we've got about 3mil sitting in an account somewhere? Or do you mean borrow the money on the strength of what we MIGHT sell, so then we'd have some pretty big interet to pay back and no guarantee that we've perhaps borrowed too much, reducing the budget when all said and done.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 01:04 PM
So that would mean we've got about 3mil sitting in an account somewhere? Or do you mean borrow the money on the strength of what we MIGHT sell, so then we'd have some pretty big interet to pay back and no guarantee that we've perhaps borrowed too much, reducing the budget when all said and done.

I never said borrow it, i said let the board put the money up, let them get the money back when the money comes in. We do have someone who could do this on the board dont we? Lets see THEM make up for the mistakes they have admitted making for a change.

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 01:17 PM
I never said borrow it, i said let the board put the money up, let them get the money back when the money comes in. We do have someone who could do this on the board dont we? Lets see THEM make up for the mistakes they have admitted making for a change.

That's just stupid.

Beefster
05-04-2012, 01:23 PM
That's just stupid.

What would it take to get you to buy an ST for next season?

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 01:34 PM
That's just stupid.

Mibbes aye mibbes naw. :na na:

The_Exile
05-04-2012, 01:58 PM

Respectfully, this sounds like something out of football manager rather than real life business practice :greengrin

As much as we all wish it wasn't the case, football is a business now, and nobody in their right mind would be chucking that kind of money at transfers before ST sales. If STF did do this, I'd also be hoping folk close to him would be checking him in somewhere to get his heid examined!! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Respectfully, this sounds like something out of football manager rather than real life business practice :greengrin

As much as we all wish it wasn't the case, football is a business now, and nobody in their right mind would be chucking that kind of money at transfers before ST sales. If STF did do this, I'd also be hoping folk close to him would be checking him in somewhere to get his heid examined!! :agree:

I dont think its as daft as you or the radge man makes out. :na na: The board have been bailing us out most seasons either in January, or at the end of every financial year.

Perhaps its time for them to show some leadership, rather than reactionary management? :dunno:

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 02:18 PM
I dont think its as daft as you or the radge man makes out. :na na: The board have been bailing us out most seasons either in January, or at the end of every financial year.

Perhaps its time for them to show some leadership, rather than reactionary management? :dunno:

The hopefuls in Dragons Den would love you.

So, I risk x millions on your venture. If it fails, I lose my money.

If it works, I get my money back and you get to keep the profits.

How about you applying for board membership on the basis that you'll invest your ill gotten dosh into the team in the knowledge that the best return you will get is your money back?

I doubt there would be many board members left if that was the job description.

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 02:26 PM
What would it take to get you to buy an ST for next season?

I'll buy one of we win the cup. As a thank you.

Apart from that? I can't think of anything.

I'm not ruling out buying one in the future, but I've seen nothing to suggest that going along to ER next season is going to be any more enjoyable for me than it has been for the last few years.

If our performances improve, it's likely that I'll make the effort to go to more games than I did this season.

I remember looking forward to the next game and it couldn't come quick enough. If that returns, I'll buy a season ticket again.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 02:29 PM
The hopefuls in Dragons Den would love you.

So, I risk x millions on your venture. If it fails, I lose my money.

If it works, I get my money back and you get to keep the profits.

How about you applying for board membership on the basis that you'll invest your ill gotten dosh into the team in the knowledge that the best return you will get is your money back?

I doubt there would be many board members left if that was the job description.

Its not really a gamble though is it dave, we all know season tickets will be sold. Its the amount we are not sure of, they put in what the minimum season ticket tally they think we will sell, they get that back when we do, and they appear to be leading the club from the front. If they dont they shut the doors and pull the plug. :wink:

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Its not really a gamble though is it dave, we all know season tickets will be sold. Its the amount we are not sure of, they put in what the minimum season ticket tally they think we will sell, they get that back when we do, and they appear to be leading the club from the front. If they dont they shut the doors and pull the plug. :wink:

Sorry, mate, you've confused me.

If they know how many season tickets they'll sell, why would they have to put the money in first?

StevieC
05-04-2012, 02:41 PM

Surely you'll be guaranteed a ticket regardless of whether you renew or not??

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Sorry, mate, you've confused me.

If they know how many season tickets they'll sell, why would they have to put the money in first?

I forgot, you are getting old. :wink: I know we get the same answer every time someone asks the question, why does STF not put more money into the club? The answer is always why should he, would you put more in. well its clear if we look at the facts, we lose money each season, it has to come from somewhere, my guess is STF bailing us out?

Instead of doing that again, i think it should be put in before we have lost any, perhaps the club showing leadership from the outset would give Fenlon a clear view of just how much he does have to spend, and more importantly a better chance to get in those he feels he wants.

The upside is we see those players coming in EARLY for a change, and season tickets fly out the door. The money is paid back, we actually have more to spend than we normally do, we win the league and everything is hunky dory. :wink:

There is no downside.

Its an idea, its not been tried before at Hibs, all we need is a visionary on the board to realise its a winner. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Surely you'll be guaranteed a ticket regardless of whether you renew or not??

I'm sure there will be more folk wanting to go to the final than tickets.

Having a season ticket is the only way to be certain of getting one, no?

Keith_M
05-04-2012, 02:52 PM
I think I see where BH is coming from.

Instead of waiting to see how many STs we sell, then putting the money into the squad, the club take an educated guess as to how much money they'll bring in, spend that money on players at the START of the Transfer Window.

That way, they're not necessarily spending more than they otherwise would have but building the team earlier could in fact encourage even more ST sales.

We, the fans, are constantly being asked to take a leap of faith by buying STs without knowing what we're going to watch. In this scenario, the board will be making that leap of faith.

----

Oops, sorry, just noticed he explained his idea already :embarrass

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 02:53 PM
I forgot, you are getting old. :wink: I know we get the same answer every time someone asks the question, why does STF not put more money into the club? The answer is always why should he, would you put more in. well its clear if we look at the facts, we lose money each season, it has to come from somewhere, my guess is STF bailing us out?

Instead of doing that again, i think it should be put in before we have lost any, perhaps the club showing leadership from the outset would give Fenlon a clear view of just how much he does have to spend, and more importantly a better chance to get in those he feels he wants.

The upside is we see those players coming in EARLY for a change, and season tickets fly out the door. The money is paid back, we actually have more to spend than we normally do, we win the league and everything is hunky dory. :wink:

There is no downside.

Its an idea, its not been tried before at Hibs, all we need is a visionary on the board to realise its a winner. :greengrin

Ok. So it's a loan.

I'm fine with that.

The_Exile
05-04-2012, 03:15 PM
spend that money on players at the START of the Transfer Window.

Playing Devils Advocate, I mean that would be great if all the palyers we wanted were available at the start of the window, but I doubt there's players of sufficient quality and availability queueing up on the 1st of July.

It usually does take a few weeks to sort stuff out and can run into months sometimes with protracted negotiations, I'm in no doubt that stuff is happening from the get go in regard to player acquisition.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I think I see where BH is coming from.

Instead of waiting to see how many STs we sell, then putting the money into the squad, the club take an educated guess as to how much money they'll bring in, spend that money on players at the START of the Transfer Window.

That way, they're not necessarily spending more than they otherwise would have but building the team earlier could in fact encourage even more ST sales.

We, the fans, are constantly being asked to take a leap of faith by buying STs without knowing what we're going to watch. In this scenario, the board will be making that leap of faith.

----

Oops, sorry, just noticed he explained his idea already :embarrass

Ok. So it's a loan.

I'm fine with that.

:agree: Its short term, and does get paid back quite quickly, but has the benefit of the manager getting his targets early, and the fans seeing this too. I know it can all go tits up and the manager buys another load of duffs, but it gives him a better chance imo of that not happening, with no real downside imo.

For the record i'd want the loan with no interest, its the least they could do after the mistakes this board have cost us over the last few years.

maturehibby
05-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Was there this afternoon with Givescotland freedom and we both renewed our season tickets for next season regardless if we are in the third or the top league we are Hibeees through and through and have made the choice (stupid ,misguided or whatever ) and was pleased to see that there was a very steady crowd queueing to to do the same .
when we left after being dealt with there was a queue of about 15 people outside waiting to get in to be dealt with at about 2.40 pm ,
Get behind your team folks

HibbyAndy
05-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Was there this afternoon with Givescotland freedom and we both renewed our season tickets for next season regardless if we are in the third or the top league we are Hibeees through and through and have made the choice (stupid ,misguided or whatever ) and was pleased to see that there was a very steady crowd queueing to to do the same .
when we left after being dealt with there was a queue of about 15 people outside waiting to get in to be dealt with at about 2.40 pm ,
Get behind your team folks

Aye, All after semi final tickets:wink:

HH81
05-04-2012, 07:43 PM
a more likely reason than the explanation in the article I think :wink:

Gives you time to renew DD :greengrin:thumbsup:

Saorsa
05-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Gives you time to renew DD :greengrin:thumbsup::bye:

nope, not for me this time, I'll pay for the games I go tae.

HibbyAndy
05-04-2012, 09:39 PM
:bye:

nope, not for me this time, I'll pay for the games I go tae.

PTS:bitchy:.........

:hilarious:thumbsup:

Your gettin NAE final ticket if we get there:greengrin

:wink:

Saorsa
05-04-2012, 09:51 PM
PTS:bitchy:.........

:hilarious:thumbsup:

Your gettin NAE final ticket if we get there:greengrin

:wink:why's that? I already have a season ticket :thumbsup: who's ref. No.'s are you getting for your tickets PTS :wink:

maturehibby
05-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Aye, All after semi final tickets:wink:
The semi tickets were being sold from the shop so not there - though there was several people came to the office looking and were re-directed

overdrive
06-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Has anyone had any money taken off their account yet? Sent in my renewal a couple of weeks ago but nothings come off my account