PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Hibbies?

Hongkong Phooey
05-04-2012, 02:46 AM
Just moved out to Hong Kong and was wondering if any Hibbies out here get together to watch the games?

If not, happy to start something regular for any like minded folks.

Let me know. Ta.

KWJ
05-04-2012, 03:09 AM
Loved it out in Hong Kong. No longer there unfortunately. Good Irish bar by Happy Valley racecourse and had a good time down at Soho. Far bigger fan of Hong Kong Island over Kowloon though. Shek-O beach is a cool place too.

Enjoy it mate!

Lucius Apuleius
05-04-2012, 06:26 AM
There are definitely a couple. Look through the members list. However, let caution be the watchword. There is one especially who should be on suicide watch so might not be the best to sit and watch a game with. :greengrin

micka_weer
05-04-2012, 07:44 AM
..............number 1 super hero guys!

Hongkong Phooey
05-04-2012, 08:24 AM
:greengrin
There are definitely a couple. Look through the members list. However, let caution be the watchword. There is one especially who should be on suicide watch so might not be the best to sit and watch a game with. :greengrin

:greengrin Really?

Cannae see anyone that has a base of HK but will keep looking and try the bounce also.

Thanks for your help bud.

Lucius Apuleius
05-04-2012, 08:45 AM
:greengrin

:greengrin Really?

Cannae see anyone that has a base of HK but will keep looking and try the bounce also.

Thanks for your help bud.

There is a Hong Kong Phooey (slightly different to you obviously)
hkhibby
hongkonghibby
hongkonghibee.

Whether any of them are in HK, boogered if I know. Maybe Aberdeen and they are confused.:wink:

Hongkong Phooey
05-04-2012, 09:18 AM
hkhibby
hongkonghibby
hongkonghibee.

Whether any of them are in HK, boogered if I know. Maybe Aberdeen and they are confused.:wink:

Cheers. That'll teach me for just searching on 'Hong Kong'.

I think the other HKP is me too - thought I had cocked up the registration! :doh:

hibee_nation
05-04-2012, 09:41 AM
If you are a rabid tory who thinks maggie was too soft on the unions you will get on like a house on fire with one of your fellow Hong Kongers :wink:

Pretty Boy
05-04-2012, 09:53 AM
If you are a rabid tory who thinks maggie was too soft on the unions you will get on like a house on fire with one of your fellow Hong Kongers :wink:

Only if he knows how to use excessive exclamation marks in every post.

Hongkong Phooey
05-04-2012, 10:17 AM

Naw, but could be interesting!

H18sry
05-04-2012, 10:20 AM
hkhibby
hongkonghibby
hongkonghibee.

He lives in the Ferry [Queensferry not Kowloonferry :greengrin ]

UTM Hibby
05-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Welcome to Hong Kong!

There isnt any regular Hibby catch up that i know of though you can get the Scottish football on Goal TV. Available as part of the Now TV sports package. When the national team, are playing there is always a good crowd of people out, generally in Wanch.

Dropped you a PM, let me know if there is anything advice/info i can help with while you are settling into HK. Its a great place.

Cheers

UTM Hibby
05-04-2012, 04:07 PM
P.S. I am not the mad raving suicidal Tory the others are referring to. Well i hope i am not..

Posh Swanny
06-04-2012, 09:33 AM
I'll be out there visiting my best mate in July and will be hoping to catch the Euro2012 final somewhere - though you will probably want to avoid me if England are in it! :faf:

Hongkong Phooey
06-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I'll be out there visiting my best mate in July and will be hoping to catch the Euro2012 final somewhere - though you will probably want to avoid me if England are in it! :faf:

It will be more difficult to find a bar not showing it to be honest. You've no worries at all - and 90% of watchers likely to be rooting for Engerlund if they're in the final.

The rest of us of course will be waiting, pint in hand, tae pish oorselves laughing.

Hongkong Phooey
07-04-2012, 04:18 AM
Ok lads and lassies,

The semi-final will be shown on:
- BBC Scotland
- BBC website (live streaming)
- Sky Sports 1 and HD1

I am going to try to find somewhere showing it - but as a 'foot up' does anyone know if any of the HK available stations have tie-ins with either BBC or SKY? The reason I ask is everywhere I've asked so far the response is 'what channel is it on?' :confused:

Cheers.

bombayhibbie
07-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Never seen any Scottish Cup games here live, only SPL games. SPL is always on Goal TV, part of Now TV. If you hear of a bar showing the Semi then please tell. As for Internationals, I work mainy with locals.. all England fans, they will realise soon enough they are not that good.

Hongkong Phooey
07-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Just been speaking to the manager in the Dog House, Wanchai. He has internet TVs and will try to find a stream for the semi final. He is going to call me to confirm so will let you all know. :-)