PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell on Sunday

Hibernia&Alba
04-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Any chance of a home win? The six point cushion should take the pressure off a little and hopefully help performance. One home win all season is just awful, and a win Sunday would realistically see us safe. We can hope.

As an aside, does anyone know whether The Harp & Castle will be showing the Man United and Man City games that afternoon? Might take a walk doon at full time.

beensaidbefore
05-04-2012, 02:19 AM
I think 6 - 6, could be wrong...

number9dream
05-04-2012, 09:04 AM
I just want to see Hibs have a go and try to impose themselves as an attacking threat right from the start.
Really hope PF picks just two of the midfield "water carriers" we have. That means Ozzy in the middle of the park with either Stevenson or Claros - when all three play (or Towell is used) there is such an obvious imbalance - also makes the team narrow, which is the last thing you want against a Well side that use the wings to great effect.
Players should be fired up if they want a game at Hampden and the Pars may well close the gap against a weakened Hearts...

Stack
Doherty McPake Hanlon Kujabi
Osbourne Stevenson
Francombe-----Soares-----Griffiths
O'Connor

007 Mickey Weir
05-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Stack
Osbourne Stevenson
O'Connor

[/QUOTE]

Like this team. Would play the same team in SF but bring Claros in for Stevenson. :flag:

yeezus.
05-04-2012, 11:52 AM
I have a feeling Hibs will win - and Dunfermline will beat the yams on Saturday

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Stack
Francombe
Mcpake
Doherty
Kujabi
Soares
Osbourne
Stevenson
Claros
Booth
Griffiths.

The rest

The Sea-gull
05-04-2012, 12:13 PM
I just want to see Hibs have a go and try to impose themselves as an attacking threat right from the start.
Really hope PF picks just two of the midfield "water carriers" we have. That means Ozzy in the middle of the park with either Stevenson or Claros - when all three play (or Towell is used) there is such an obvious imbalance - also makes the team narrow, which is the last thing you want against a Well side that use the wings to great effect.
Players should be fired up if they want a game at Hampden and the Pars may well close the gap against a weakened Hearts...

Stack
Osbourne Stevenson
O'Connor

Like your formation but what about bringing Ozzy a bit further forward instead of Francombe and have Claros and Stevenson just in front of the defence. Even have Ozzy central where you have Soares and put Soares out wide. :dunno:

We could go a 4-4-2 with that defence and Francombe/Booth out wide with Stevenson and Osbourne centra. G O'C and LG upfront.

Or 4-3-3? Again same defence with a midfield of Stevenson in the middle of Ozzy and Soares. Sproule on the right up front, LG on the left and G O'C through the middle.

Though it doesn't seem like it at times, with a little bit of thought there are potentially decent options with the squad we have. Maybe just a matter of finding players their best positions which I am sure PF is trying to do.

Haven't even mentioned Wotherspoon and though he is not everyone's favorite he is versatile and can come in handy.

We are a bit stuck defensively though. Can't think of a back 4 other than the one above that I would be confident in and even then only McPake out of them is really consistent at all he is meant to do.

Then there is Stack and Brown who have both had problems but are far from the worst keepers we have ever had. They have made mistakes but have been massively exposed this season and last by poor defending throughout the team.

We should have enough about us to stay up and hopefully things click in the cup. We should respect but by no means fear Aberdeen.

The Sea-gull
05-04-2012, 12:16 PM
I have a feeling Hibs will win - and Dunfermline will beat the yams on Saturday

Yeah me too. For some reason I don't think the combination will be they win with us losing. They may gain some ground on us this weekend but with any luck they won't gain three points on us.

Hibbyradge
05-04-2012, 12:40 PM
We haven't had back to back wins in the league since Colin Calderwood saved us from relegation over a year ago.

It has to happen again sometime and there's no reason it won't be tomorrow.

(Apart, of course, for the fact that we're pants and Motherwell are decent).

dangermouse
05-04-2012, 12:44 PM
We haven't had back to back wins in the league since Colin Calderwood saved us from relegation over a year ago.

It has to happen again sometime and there's no reason it won't be tomorrow.

(Apart, of course, for the fact that we're pants and Motherwell are decent).

Correct, there is absolutely no reason it will happen tomorrow as we're playing on Sunday :greengrin

A. Pedant

Andy74
05-04-2012, 12:57 PM
I'd go for:

Stack

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Francombe
Osbourne
Claros
Soares

O'Connor
Griffiths

Subs:

Brown
Booth
Towell
Stevenson
Sproule
Doyle
O'Donovan

Harsh on Stevenson but I think we need a better balance with our strongest midfield players playing in just about the right positions. Claros hopefully got a wee rest and a wake up and can get back to getting stuck in and playing some of those passes that just about only he can just now.

Hibernia&Alba
05-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Is the early kick-off due to tv coverage at all?

hibsbollah
05-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Stack
Francombe
Mcpake
Doherty
Kujabi
Soares
Osbourne
Stevenson
Claros
Booth
Griffiths.

The rest

That would be mine also. I am a Fenlonphile but even I would start to have doubts if Towell got another start.

Eyrie
05-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Is the early kick-off due to tv coverage at all?
We're on ESPN.