PDA

View Full Version : ticket sales for semi

hugo boss
04-04-2012, 03:55 PM
anyone know how many we are expecting to sell?? was hoping at least 15 thousand GGTTH:flag::flag::flag:

fat freddy
04-04-2012, 03:58 PM
is there a prize for the correct answer?

hugo boss
04-04-2012, 04:02 PM
is there a prize for the correct answer?

ha ha nah freddy was just wondering m8

HibbyAndy
04-04-2012, 04:17 PM
I reckon we will have in excess of 17K + Hibby's at Hampden.

Spike Mandela
04-04-2012, 04:25 PM
I reckon we will have in excess of 17K + Hibby's at Hampden.

I reckon Aberdeen and Hibs will struggle to sell 25,000 in total due to KO time and tv coverage and both team's form.

Pretty Boy
04-04-2012, 04:37 PM
We seem to be selling well.

Not that I care how many we sell. One of the best atmosheres I've been in was the 8k when we beat Rangers on pens.

The Voice Of Reason
04-04-2012, 06:01 PM
We seem to be selling well.

Not that I care how many we sell. One of the best atmosheres I've been in was the 8k when we beat Rangers on pens.

Correct :agree:

I actually thought there was only around 7K of us there........anyway, a great night, and what a racket we made !!! :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
04-04-2012, 06:04 PM

I actually thought there was only around 7K of us there........anyway, a great night, and what a racket we made !!! :thumbsup:

Brilliant night.

I had to give the guy on front of me a running commentary on the penalties because he couldn't look.

Best moment for me was the ironic cheer when the currants finally made a small noise about 95 minutes in.

Barney McGrew
04-04-2012, 06:05 PM

"Bring on Capucho" :singing:

:greengrin

forthhibby
04-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Brilliant night.

I had to give the guy on front of me a running commentary on the penalties because he couldn't look.

Best moment for me was the ironic cheer when the currants finally made a small noise about 95 minutes in.

i was in rangers end as got a ticket and lift to game from my mate, couldn't sit with them watching penalties, so watched to see who took first penalty then went by the cheers safe in the knowlegde i was recording the game, b*****ds switched channels as game went to extra time, was years later before i found penalties on you tube.

just to add since i never watched penalties that night, when we went to penalties against motherwell this season i did the same thing

PatHead
04-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Was in the Ticket Office today getting mine. Asked how many were sold and was told loads and loads, couldn't be more specific.

madabouthibs
04-04-2012, 06:52 PM
aberdeen are apparently doing not bad as well, I've got a couple of sheep abuser mates. I can see 30k + at this one. :agree:

HibbyDave
04-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Was in the Ticket Office today getting mine. Asked how many were sold and was told loads and loads, couldn't be more specific.

Says nowt unfortunately. Contrast that with Edinburgh Rugby announcements for Heinekin Cup Qtr Finalon Sat. Already sold 32500 for the match and still climbing, still on radio trying to attract more. biggest crowd in Scotland at the weekend?

HibbyAndy
04-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I reckon Aberdeen and Hibs will struggle to sell 25,000 in total due to KO time and tv coverage and both team's form.

And i reckon you will be wrong.

hfc rd
04-04-2012, 07:06 PM

Back in July when I was buying a ticket for the Sunderland friendly. I asked the wee lassie at the desk on how many tickets had been sold for the match and she said to me that I was very lucky in getting a ticket as the game was nearly sold out.

And well I think the attendance that day was something like 7,000 with a good travelling Sunderland support in the south. So much for a so-called sell out when I was the only one sitting in my section.

NAE NOOKIE
04-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Says nowt unfortunately. Contrast that with Edinburgh Rugby announcements for Heinekin Cup Qtr Finalon Sat. Already sold 32500 for the match and still climbing, still on radio trying to attract more. biggest crowd in Scotland at the weekend?

Egg chasers from all over Scotland will be trying to go to that coz Scottish pro Rugby teams ( well the two of them ) never do anything in big competitions as far as I am aware. Not much of a contrast put against two football clubs with a total support worldwide of about 150 to 200 thousand.

For the folk posting about that semi ... will always be proud to say I was one of the glorious 7,000 :cb

PatHead
04-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Egg chasers from all over Scotland will be trying to go to that coz Scottish pro Rugby teams ( well the two of them ) never do anything in big competitions as far as I am aware. Not much of a contrast put against two football clubs with a total support worldwide of about 150 to 200 thousand.

For the folk posting about that semi ... will always be proud to say I was one of the glorious 7,000 :cb

Is this the Colin Murdock penalty game?

HibbyDave
04-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Egg chasers from all over Scotland will be trying to go to that coz Scottish pro Rugby teams ( well the two of them ) never do anything in big competitions as far as I am aware. Not much of a contrast put against two football clubs with a total support worldwide of about 150 to 200 thousand.For the folk posting about that semi ... will always be proud to say I was one of the glorious 7,000 :cb

The contrast I meant is that Edin Rugby are doing all they can to build anticipation for the match and get the crowd in. Hibs have said Nowt about expected ticket sales or up to date figures. Wonder why?

PaulSmith
04-04-2012, 08:50 PM
The contrast I meant is that Edin Rugby are doing all they can to build anticipation for the match and get the crowd in. Hibs have said Nowt about expected ticket sales or up to date figures. Wonder why?

Cause they never do, Hibs have had important league games to play, come Monday it will be all about the semi final.
Why blame Hibs board for Hibs fans deciding that they'd prefer to stay at home than see us in a semi final.
I'll go for a total 25k attendance with a 50/50 split

Spike Mandela
04-04-2012, 09:09 PM
And i reckon you will be wrong.

Guess we will find out soon enough:agree:

jon paul jones
05-04-2012, 05:55 AM
RE the Rangers Semi, that was superb. I still have myself on an old VHS tape crowd surfing during the Channel 5 end credits. That and the Citylink bus being so oversubscribed that I went out in Glasgow and got the redeye bus home at 5am. You should have seen the face on the ex-missus when I danced through the door at 0720

Looks did kill :greengrin

Billy Whizz
05-04-2012, 07:35 AM
RE the Rangers Semi, that was superb. I still have myself on an old VHS tape crowd surfing during the Channel 5 end credits. That and the Citylink bus being so oversubscribed that I went out in Glasgow and got the redeye bus home at 5am. You should have seen the face on the ex-missus when I danced through the door at 0720

Looks did kill :greengrin
I've still got an old tape of that as well. Might dig it out today as well. Was at the game remember running up and down the South Stand when De Boer missed. Never slept a wink when I got home and was on a 6.30am flight the next morning

MB62
05-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Was down getting my tickets yesterday. I didn't ask how many they had sold but was not given too many options on where was still available. Hopefully that's a good sign that tickets are selling well but you never can tell.

Have a feeling that 25,000 might not be far away as a total attendance.

Still we should score overall when the 400,000 Yams turn up for their semi-final along with the 8 million dodgers. Rod will be rubbing his hands at the split gate receipts :greengrin

RIP
05-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Attendances - who cares

Ever since we sold 550 less for the Scottish Cup Semi Final in 2006, the Yams have been winding us up about it.
It's now become almost a weekly thread on here :rolleyes:

It's so "Wee Team"

No disrespect meant to the OP - it's not like he's the one posting up every week

Keith_M
05-04-2012, 08:11 AM

Ever since we sold 550 less for the Scottish Cup Semi Final in 2006, the Yams have been winding us up about it.

Are you serious? I genuinely thought we sold about 5,000 less than them.

Sorry if I'm missing some obvious joke here, I'm not quick on the uptake.

Disc O'Dave
05-04-2012, 08:27 AM

Indeed, the egg chasers at my work have invited a load of us out, to make a day of it as it's so rare....I have declined (mainly because I'd never get two sporting passes out on Easter Weekend), but trhere is a group of about 12 going along.....it's like their "cup final", because the majority don't expect to progress.....

RIP
05-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Are you serious? I genuinely thought we sold about 5,000 less than them.

Sorry if I'm missing some obvious joke here, I'm not quick on the uptake.

Naw Keith, that wis just one of those urban myths that grew legs. We were that sore about getting gubbed it wasn't going to be anything to dispute at the time

We had bigger gaps in the East because we sold more South and North areas than them. IIRC we ran out of adult tickets. We also had the 1 ticket per ST issue.

Their section of the South Upper was empty and ours was well filled. It was just our end behind the goals that looked awful. They had gaps but ours were a lot bigger.

Since then the SFA have always released tickets to non-OF clubs to sell in complete blocks. We wont have empty blocks this time around but it's likely that between a quarter and a half of the East and West stands will remain unsold

Keith_M
05-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Naw Keith, that wis just one of those urban myths that grew legs. We were that sore about getting gubbed it wasn't going to be anything to dispute at the time

We had bigger gaps in the East because we sold more South and North areas than them. IIRC we ran out of adult tickets. We also had the 1 ticket per ST issue.

Their section of the South Upper was empty and ours was well filled. It was just our end behind the goals that looked awful. They had gaps but ours were a lot bigger.

Since then the SFA have always released tickets to non-OF clubs to sell in complete blocks. We wont have empty blocks this time around but it's likely that between a quarter and a half of the East and West stands will remain unsold

Thanks for clearing that up.

I have to admit, I'm surprised. I was in the North stand, though, so wasn't possible for me to see all the gaps in their end from there.

Wakeyhibee
05-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Attendances - who cares

It's so "Wee Team"

No disrespect meant to the OP - it's not like he's the one posting up every week

Be interested to find out where you get your stats from (not doubting them) but I was in the east and their end looked full (west and North) both sides of the South had similar gaps IIRC however our east was empty in large sections so i can't see the 550 difference????

NAE NOOKIE
05-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Is this the Colin Murdock penalty game?

I could look it up and kid on I remember. It was the semi final that took us to the final against Livingston.

I have only missed one Hibs semi final since 1975 ( was in London when we beat the current buns before winning the LC in the 90s ) so I was at it whichever one you mean. I'm a bit hazy about most Hibs stats these days unless it happened last week ha ha.

lyonhibs
05-04-2012, 06:38 PM
I could look it up and kid on I remember. It was the semi final that took us to the final against Livingston.

I have only missed one Hibs semi final since 1975 ( was in London when we beat the current buns before winning the LC in the 90s ) so I was at it whichever one you mean. I'm a bit hazy about most Hibs stats these days unless it happened last week ha ha.

It was that one - watched it in the bar on campus in Glasgow, but had to head out for a night out just before Dobbie equalised. Heard the roars from the pub, scooted back in expecting a Rangers 2nd, but celebrated loudly and blatantly down the front in front of the screen.

The locals were not amused.

Was in another bar in time for "Captain Cool" Murdoch's winning penalty.

hibs0666
05-04-2012, 06:45 PM
It was that one - watched it in the bar on campus in Glasgow, but had to head out for a night out just before Dobbie equalised. Heard the roars from the pub, scooted back in expecting a Rangers 2nd, but celebrated loudly and blatantly down the front in front of the screen.

The locals were not amused.

Was in another bar in time for "Captain Cool" Murdoch's winning penalty.

I hope she was a super-model if you chose to miss the semi for a night out. :wink: