hibee92
03-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Apologises if already posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqEsMqdPz-E

JIm
03-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Apologises if already posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqEsMqdPz-E

7 minutes for the please to arrive. Deary me.

Gatecrasher
5:10 into it :rotflmao:

greenlex
Why on earth do people drink when they go on to end up starring in these CCTV films? If they could only see themselves surely they would moderate what they drink or just stop?

JIm
03-04-2012, 06:04 PM
5:10 into it :rotflmao:

Boy running in to the bin?:hilarious

Gatecrasher
03-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Boy running in to the bin?:hilarious

aye :tee hee:

essexhibee
03-04-2012, 06:07 PM
**** me Swanson got right Banjoed. Cheap shot from the coward who got owned by the bin in the end. :greengrin Classic.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2012, 06:07 PM
What a cowardly thing to do, he punched Swanson when he wasn't looking and had his hands in his pockets FFS! Not such a hardman in the end eh and yeah the bin :faf:

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2012, 06:16 PM
I thought Goodwillie kept his cool very well for a long time, i couldn't see me waiting that long to banjo the coward.

Mon Dieu4
03-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Good on him, someone took liberties with his mate and he sorted it out, may not be the nicest character by all accounts but im on his side with this one

andy1875
03-04-2012, 06:19 PM
If that lad has hit Swanson for no reason whatsoever then what Goodwillie did was fair game in my opinion.

I would hope my mates would dish out the same treatment to someone if they sparkled me for no reason. Goodwillie should get no punishment for this. Again just my opinion but sure loads o folk will disagree!

Sir David Gray
03-04-2012, 06:21 PM
If that lad has hit Swanson for no reason whatsoever then what Goodwillie did was fair game in my opinion.

I would hope my mates would dish out the same treatment to someone if they sparkled me for no reason. Goodwillie should get no punishment for this. Again just my opinion but sure loads o folk will disagree!

He will get punished - he's already admitted yesterday that he's guilty of assaulting the guy.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2012, 06:24 PM
CCTV has hindered the course of true justice here unfortunately.

Beefster
03-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Good on Goodwillie. Pity he didn't get a few more slaps at the coward.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Not condoning violence but I'd hope my mates would do the same for me.

Good on him backing up his mates after a pretty cowardly attack.

Cool_Hand_Luke
03-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I thought Goodwillie kept his cool very well for a long time, i couldn't see me waiting that long to banjo the coward.

I dont think Goodwillie knew what had happened till a few minutes later...think he was looking away when the boy banjoed Swanson and it was only when someone else told him what happened he went for him...

As much as i think he is a knob...cant blame him for going after the boy...

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Not condoning violence but I'd hope my mates would do the same for me.

Good on him backing up his mates after a pretty cowardly attack.

:agree::agree:

I dont think Goodwillie knew what had happened till a few minutes later...think he was looking away when the boy banjoed Swanson and it was only when someone else told him what happened he went for him...

As much as i think he is a knob...cant blame him for going after the boy...

Never noticed that, and agree with your last statement. :agree:

Bostonhibby
03-04-2012, 06:50 PM

:agree: The jellyfish met his match in the bin, intellectually as well as physically. Nae issues wi Goodwillie here for me. :greengrin Maybe could have knocked him right out right enough. Otherwise nearly perfect.

KiddA
03-04-2012, 06:55 PM
This is the same Danny Swanson that plays for Utd right?

oconnors_strip
03-04-2012, 06:58 PM
This is the same Danny Swanson that plays for Utd right?

yes it is, hibs fan aswell. reading the papers today, goodwillie's lawyer is donald findlay, he says all the guys were very worried for danny as he has a heart defect! its incredible that he still plays football at a high level with that

KiddA
03-04-2012, 07:06 PM
yes it is, hibs fan aswell. reading the papers today, goodwillie's lawyer is donald findlay, he says all the guys were very worried for danny as he has a heart defect! its incredible that he still plays football at a high level with that

I wish Hibs could afford him decent player when he is on his game.

Edinburgh Green
03-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Surprised it took him soon long to react!

Sean1875
03-04-2012, 07:17 PM
If someone did that to my mate I certainly wouldnt have waited as long as Goodie did before reacting, made sure to look after his mate first whilst chaos was ensuing beside him, fair play to the guy. However once again common sense will not prevail and no doubt he'll get a charge :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
03-04-2012, 07:21 PM
If someone did that to my mate I certainly wouldnt have waited as long as Goodie did before reacting, made sure to look after his mate first whilst chaos was ensuing beside him, fair play to the guy. However once again common sense will not prevail and no doubt he'll get a charge :rolleyes:

He's already been charged and has pled guilty to the assault.

Conrad Gray
03-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Was the guy Friel charged as well?

oconnors_strip
03-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Was the guy Friel charged as well?

he got 240 hours of community service!

Cocaine&Caviar
03-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Danny "Glass Chin" Swanson

Edinburgh Green
03-04-2012, 07:47 PM

You on the wind up? Not many people could take a hook right to the chin if they didn't see it coming.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2012, 07:49 PM

West "Punch Drunk" Upper Pie :greengrin

leither17
03-04-2012, 07:57 PM
You on the wind up? Not many people could take a hook right to the chin if they didn't see it coming.

With your hands in your pocket

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Whatever the rights and wrongs of this situation, what is undeniably true is that until he moved to Blackburn, if there was a whisper that a Dundee United player was involved in trouble, the first guess would be that it was Goodwillie. Bother seems to follow him like a shadow on a sunny day.

The Falcon
03-04-2012, 08:45 PM
:agree: The jellyfish met his match in the bin, intellectually as well as physically. Nae issues wi Goodwillie here for me. :greengrin Maybe could have knocked him right out right enough. Otherwise nearly perfect.

Why did the guy hang around as long as he did after skelping Swanson?

In agreement with most on here in that I dont blame Goodwillie one bit. If the cops were there quicker and lifted the guy then the Goodwillie offence would never have happened.

scoopyboy
03-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I can't say I blame Goodwillie in the slightest and would be happy for a mate to do the same if I had been decked.

Disgrace if he gets done.

Admonished would be appropriate IMO.

Jonnyboy
03-04-2012, 09:09 PM
I can't say I blame Goodwillie in the slightest and would be happy for a mate to do the same if I had been decked.

Disgrace if he gets done.

Admonished would be appropriate IMO.

:agree:

I know it's wrong to say so but the only complaint I have is that DG didn't hit Friel sooner and often enough. Still the bin banjoed him in the end :greengrin

Bostonhibby
03-04-2012, 09:11 PM
he got 240 hours of community service!

Hope it disnae involve emptying bins as I don't think he will be able to handle one and serve his time :greengrin

lyonhibs
03-04-2012, 09:13 PM
:agree:

I know it's wrong to say so but the only complaint I have is that DG didn't hit Friel sooner and often enough. Still the bin banjoed him in the end :greengrin

Nothing wrong with saying that in the circumstances. The coward clattered Danny Swanson who wasn't even looking at him. He's lucky he didn't end up worse off to be honest. Would have fully merited a harsher beating given his slimy actions.

London Hibs FC
03-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Nothing wrong with saying that in the circumstances. The coward clattered Danny Swanson who wasn't even looking at him. He's lucky he didn't end up worse off to be honest. Would have fully merited a harsher beating given his slimy actions.

Lyon, I totally missed this in the 'news'.....Can you remember what state that left Swanson in?

Must have been a broken jaw at least, looked nasty!

Greentinted
03-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Lyon, I totally missed this in the 'news'.....Can you remember what state that left Swanson in?

Must have been a broken jaw at least, looked nasty!

Nothing broken but a dull yin all the same. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/07/07/dundee-united-star-danny-swanson-was-knocked-out-cold-in-glasgow-street-brawl-court-told-86908-23253621/

LancashireHibby
03-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Friel deserved a lot more than a couple of clouts, absolutely cowardly attack on Swanson and, as has been said, fair play to Goodwille for making sure he was ok before he starting throwing windmills.

The guy falling in to the bin is an absolute classic though :agree:

London Hibs FC
03-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Nothing broken but a dull yin all the same. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/07/07/dundee-united-star-danny-swanson-was-knocked-out-cold-in-glasgow-street-brawl-court-told-86908-23253621/

:aok: Thanks G!

Alex Trager
03-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Absolote ***** that hit Swanson. Coward. Goodwillie should have hit him alot harder. Did you see the cheek he had to stand against the wall drinking a bottle after it....
Where were the bouncers?
Where were the Police?
would never happen in Edinburgh

lucky
03-04-2012, 10:35 PM
The guy took a liberty on Swanson so DG gave him it back. But DG has taken a major liberty according to woman from Whitburn. So I have little sympathy for him.

cabbageandribs1875
03-04-2012, 10:55 PM
The guy took a liberty on Swanson so DG gave him it back. But DG has taken a major liberty according to woman from Whitburn. So I have little sympathy for him.

that story still has a bit to run, the charge against him was dropped by prosecutors, but it appears they are both taking legal action against each other

http://falserapesociety.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/pro-athlete-to-sue-rape-accuser-he.html

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/01/29/woman-who-accused-footballer-david-goodwillie-of-rape-passes-lie-detector-test-86908-23725154/

i've obviously no idea who's lying, probably a bit from both, but the womans evidence was pretty suspect.

back on topic, the coward that hit swanson deserved a slapping

500miles
03-04-2012, 10:56 PM

The charges were dropped. He is not guilty.

KeithTheHibby
03-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Did the bin get charged with assault?

edinburghhibee
04-04-2012, 11:41 AM
I think that the boy is the lowest of the low swanson isn't even looking and has his hands in his pocket... I also think DG doesn't see the hit and has no idea who did it until someone points him out later on in the footage, and thats why he takes so long to get to him.

Can't believe people on here saying where were the police or bouncers, nobody on here knows how long it took to get the police contacted and the bouncers are there to protect people and property within the club their all fighting in the street and lets be honest it was hardly a rammy swanson got sparkled with a cheap shot and between that and DG's fight nothing much happens.

Albion Hibs
04-04-2012, 12:47 PM
The guy that started the whole thing is nothing short of a chav. Creeping towards Swanson and then laying one on him. I dont blame Goodwillie for reacting, surprised in fairness it took him so long, but the guy was hanging around clearing thinking he was hard enough and then got a good spanking and ended up in the bin.

Glad to see the justice system is going after someone defending their mate, and arguably themselves, when their own officers where no where to be seen, depite having the ability to sit back, adjust the camera and ensure they were watching the whole thing comfortably.

Whilst not a great advert for Goodwillie it is even worse for the weegie police that someone can get laid out right outside a city centre night club and they are no where to be seen for a considerable period of time.

cam75
04-04-2012, 02:55 PM
The guy that started the whole thing is nothing short of a chav. Creeping towards Swanson and then laying one on him. I dont blame Goodwillie for reacting, surprised in fairness it took him so long, but the guy was hanging around clearing thinking he was hard enough and then got a good spanking and ended up in the bin.

Glad to see the justice system is going after someone defending theirq mate, and arguably themselves, when their own officers where no where to be seen, depite having the ability to sit back, adjust the camera and ensure they were watching the whole thing comfortably.

Whilst not a great advert for Goodwillie it is even worse for the weegie police that someone can get laid out right outside a city centre night club and they are no where to be seen for a considerable period of time.

what is the guy waveing around 2.10 in?DS took a.soar 1,fair.play. to DGW but to put the boot in when he is down is poor, **** taking 1 to the head from a footballer.

mca
04-04-2012, 07:10 PM
The Bin was a bit suspect imo :agree:

waited all that time and deliberatley stood there whilst the numpty ran into him... :greengrin

There is More to this bin than the court is taking into account !!!

was the bin injured or damaged in anyway ...

Maybe we can petition and get someone from the court / prosecution to look into it !!

ok - iv got my coat on..

NAE NOOKIE
04-04-2012, 07:58 PM
As an outstanding piece of cowardice that punch on Danny Swanson takes some beating.

I dont usually approve of vigilante justice. But if anybody deserves a bloody good hammering it was that nasty little coward, he could have killed DS.

Nice one DG

Jonnyboy
04-04-2012, 09:09 PM
As an outstanding piece of cowardice that punch on Danny Swanson takes some beating.

I dont usually approve of vigilante justice. But if anybody deserves a bloody good hammering it was that nasty little coward, he could have killed DS.

Nice one DG

My sentiments exactly :agree:

CRAZYHIBBY
04-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Why did he not just steam into him right away?

Devine
04-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Well done DG absolutely justified in laying into **** like that. If anything the boy deserved a bigger beating absolute coward!

hibeemikey21
04-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Does anyone know the background to the story at all?

The fight that simultaneously kicks off as Swanson gets hit is between a current Dundee Utd player, Barry Douglas and a previous Dundee Utd player (the guy in the chinos - who seems to got about trying to get stuck into everyone)

Goodwillie seems to be out on a night out with Swanson and Douglas, but then chino boy fights Douglas and chino boy is then the one who is holding Goodwillie back at the end.

Its all very confusing. Were they all in the same group before some in-fighting broke out? :confused:

Tha Cabbage Kid
05-04-2012, 06:35 AM
He will get punished - he's already admitted yesterday that he's guilty of assaulting the guy.

although it was provoked. i think if someone attacked my mate like that. i would react more agressively (than goodwillie) and that would be without a drink. I thoough he kept his good for quite a while. Alochol or not the lad deserved it. go on goodwillie. it was a dull one for swanson. true!

but to be honest you donno what was said prior to the fight.

Keith_M
05-04-2012, 08:52 AM
The guy probably deserved a slap but, unfortunately for DG, in the eyes of the law it was assault on his part.

If he'd been defending his mate, i.e. during the initial assault, it wouldn't have been but it was actually after the fact, revenge if you will.

I'm in no way defending the other guy, just stating why DG had no option but to plead guilty.

Carheenlea
05-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Professional sportsmen should not be putting themselves in a position to get involved in early morning fracas in City centres.
Don't have any sympathy with any of them to be honest.

cabbageandribs1875
30-04-2012, 10:25 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17894528

Scotland and Blackburn striker David Goodwillie has been given a 12-month probation order after admitting assaulting a man in Glasgow

Sheriff Stuart Reid also ordered him to carry out 80 hours of unpaid work.