PDA

View Full Version : Some more Hibs fans lifted

PaulSmith
03-04-2012, 03:54 PM
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/302515-severed-found-at-train-station-after-football-fan-brawl/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

6 after the incident and another 5 on Tuesday morning.

H18sry
03-04-2012, 03:59 PM
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/302515-severed-found-at-train-station-after-football-fan-brawl/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

6 after the incident and another 5 on Tuesday morning.

Where does it say they are Hibs fan's?

Mikey
03-04-2012, 04:01 PM

Are you genuinely taking from that article that they might not be Hibs fans?

Hibs game. Arrests made in Edinburgh.

PaulSmith
03-04-2012, 04:03 PM

Knowing a few names that got lifted after the initial incident and that they were travelling from a train from Ayr, that stopped in Glasgow and they live in Edinburgh

Pretty Boy
03-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Oldest ages of 45 and 48.

Words fail me. I just hope they don't have children or grandchildren.

Hibernia&Alba
03-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Oldest ages of 45 and 48.

Words fail me. I just hope they don't have children or grandchildren.

Absolutely. It's hard to imagine anybody could be that thick for that long. Embarrassing.

hiberactive
03-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Strange how the police never knock on the doors of Rangers or Hearts fans when they have been involved in disorder????Aberdeen go to Ibrox,there is some trouble,the following weeks,police carry out dawn raids on dons fans.Same thing happens to Hibs fans after this incident in Glasgow.These Rangers fans are involved with EDL and SDL,who cause trouble every where they go,yet they still dont get picked up.Very strange.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Rangers were the opposition for Hibs after Ayr so you'd "think" that Strathclyde police would lift a few in the weeg......
perhaps that's being silly!!

H18sry
03-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Are you genuinely taking from that article that they might not be Hibs fans?

Hibs game. Arrests made in Edinburgh.

Just because they come from Edinburgh does not make them Hibs fan's, the last guy who got a banning order was a yam but he was travelling with the CCS for the buzz.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2012, 06:22 PM
More good news: Football Following **** 0 - Police 11

linlithgowhibbie
03-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Add them to the 10 lifted after trouble on train coming back from the pre season friendly at Berwick and we are soon going to top the league for most football banning orders in Scotland, if we are not top already!!!!!

hibs0666
03-04-2012, 06:36 PM

British Transport Police make it very clear in their press release...

A total of five men have been arrested following a large scale disturbance at Glasgow Central railway station last month.

The arrests were made during an operation this morning (Tuesday, 3 April) as a result of a British Transport Police (BTP) investigation into serious disorder at the station around 7.20pm on Saturday, 10 March following the Hibernian v Ayr United Scottish Cup tie at Somerset Park, Ayr. Six men, aged between 24 and 48, were arrested by officers at the scene and currently await legal proceedings.

The men arrested today, aged between 22 and 45 and all from Edinburgh, will appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Thursday, 26 April 2012.

Detective Inspector Grant Cathcart, who led today’s operation, said: “This was serious, violent disorder in which one man was hospitalised. The violence was so extreme that a severed ear was also found at the scene.

“Football-related anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated on the rail network and we will continue to work closely with all Scottish forces to take action against anyone who steps out of line and bring hooligans to justice.

“The vast majority of football fans are law abiding and a credit to the clubs they follow, but a small minority – like those arrested today – seek to spoil this good reputation and this is why both the police and the wider criminal justice system make such efforts to bring them to justice.”

Chief Inspector Denise Mulvaney from Lothian and Borders Police said: “The level of violence and disorder witnessed in Glasgow’s city centre following a Scottish Cup football match was totally unacceptable and undoubtedly caused disruption and alarm to the public.

“Today’s operation sends a very clear message that if you are involved in criminal activity before, during or after a football match, you will be identified and brought to justice.”

Superintendent David Brand, of Football Coordination Unit Scotland, said: "FoCUS will continue to support all forces across Scotland to tackle any violence or disorder associated with Football and we will not stop until all those involved are caught and brought to justice."

A Hibernian Football Club spokesperson said: "Through the protocol agreement, Hibernian FC will be sent full details in due course from the British Transport Police and will then take appropriate action.

"Hibernian FC cannot condone any form of unacceptable behaviour. Hibernian FC has worked positively and productively with the Police and Scottish Government as part of the consultation process which led to the new legislation focused on tackling sectarian and offensive behaviour."

Jail time for some of those found guilty I reckon.

SouthamptonHibs
03-04-2012, 08:05 PM
We must have around 4000 active banning orders in place just now based on this years attendances hail hail

Keith_M
03-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Add them to the 10 lifted after trouble on train coming back from the pre season friendly at Berwick and we are soon going to top the league for most football banning orders in Scotland, if we are not top already!!!!!

Woohoo, we're the best at something then!!

:thumbsup:

Nakedmanoncrack
03-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Must admit I was dubious about the severed ear rumour that was going around immediately after.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Must admit I was dubious about the severed ear rumour that was going around immediately after.

One of the lads that travels up with us is a policeman, he told us it was 100% true, and is in a wee evidence bag at the cop shop. :greengrin Its only part of an ear though. :wink:

hibsbollah
03-04-2012, 10:17 PM

I was similarly sceptical about the rumour of the Hibby being decapitated by a fruit knife. YLT ya bass.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2012, 10:18 PM
I was similarly sceptical about the rumour of the Hibby being decapitated by a fruit knife. YLT ya bass.

:faf::faf: :top marks

Nakedmanoncrack
03-04-2012, 10:31 PM
One of the lads that travels up with us is a policeman, he told us it was 100% true, and is in a wee evidence bag at the cop shop. :greengrin Its only part of an ear though. :wink: Nobody come forward to claim it I assume, sounds from the report that its a different person from the one reported as hospitalised.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Nobody come forward to claim it I assume, sounds from the report that its a different person from the one reported as hospitalised.

You know i never thought to ask if it was the same person or not. :doh:

RIP
03-04-2012, 10:36 PM

One of the lads that travels up with us is a policeman, he told us it was 100% true, and is in a wee evidence bag at the cop shop. :greengrin Its only part of an ear though. :wink:

Police Officer Dixon encountered the appendage and was heard to exclaim
"Ello, Ello. Wot's this ere then?

hibbill2002
04-04-2012, 06:11 AM
Nobody come forward to claim it I assume, sounds from the report that its a different person from the one reported as hospitalised.

He never heard they had found it.

Lucius Apuleius
04-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Hope he doesn't wear glasses.

Hibrandenburg
04-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Pretty sad story about a pretty sorry bunch of people. Well at least they're pretty..........pretty ****ed. Will they do their time in a Weedgie nick?

superfurryhibby
04-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Another example of how the Casuals like to keep the bother away from the Civilians. A train station, exhibitionist as well as moronic.

hibsbollah
04-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Another example of how the Casuals like to keep the bother away from the Civilians. A train station, exhibitionist as well as moronic.

Whatever happened to the isolated industrial estate or some old car park as a battleground? Sites for cashie-boy 'rumbles' these days include Fountainpark leisure complex, Bolton high street and busy daytime train stations. Does this represent a new tactic for our brave brothers in arms? What's next? Clownaround softplay in Restalrig?Maybe the tooled up among us could let us scarfers-who-take-their-young-kids-these-days know?

Phil MaGlass
04-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Just a pity they dont do what alot of the Polish hooligans do, meet up in a field stripped down to jeans and boots then just batter the **** out of each other, nae knives bottles or sticks, you can see the footage on youtube, pretty mental but it would keep it away from city centres and the likes.

superfurryhibby
04-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Whatever happened to the isolated industrial estate or some old car park as a battleground? Sites for cashie-boy 'rumbles' these days include Fountainpark leisure complex, Bolton high street and busy daytime train stations. Does this represent a new tactic for our brave brothers in arms? What's next? Clownaround softplay in Restalrig?Maybe the tooled up among us could let us scarfers-who-take-their-young-kids-these-days know?

:top marks Says it all really!

PaulSmith
06-04-2012, 08:28 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_recorded_incidents_involving_the_CCS

Seems like this needs updated then :rolleyes: