PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Dunfermline -Monday night 7th May (Post Split Fixtures)

PaulSmith
03-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Is this right and confirmed?

SteveHFC
03-04-2012, 03:41 PM
http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=11231

Confirmed

Sheep away on Wednesday Night :rolleyes:

Mikey
03-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Is this right and confirmed?

Pay attention :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?232391-Post-Split-Fixtures

Barney McGrew
03-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Last five games:

Killlie (H) Sunday 22/4 3.00
St Mirren (A) Sunday 29/4 3.15 (live on Sky)
Aberdeen (A) Wednesday 2/5 7.45
Dunfermline (H) Monday 7/5 7.45 (live on ESPN)
Inverness CT (A) Saturday 12/5 3.00

PaulSmith
03-04-2012, 03:45 PM

:) ...but the non PM folk ken whit's goin oan

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Nine 3pm saturday kick offs this season, its no wonder season ticket sales are down season after season.:rolleyes:

james62
03-04-2012, 03:46 PM
I would hope that by then it's a meaningless game

jgl07
03-04-2012, 03:48 PM

There is no such thread. Not on this forum at least.

Barney McGrew
03-04-2012, 03:49 PM
There is no such thread. Not on this forum at least.

PM folk ken what's goin on though :cb

SteveHFC
03-04-2012, 03:49 PM

:cb

muzzhfc
03-04-2012, 03:50 PM
why the **** do we have to travel to inverness AGAIN. we won there 2 ******g days ago. its surely their turn to come to us

Barney McGrew
03-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Dunfermline's fixtures:

St Mirren (A) Sat 21/4 3.00
Aberdeen (H) Sat 28/4 3.00
Inverness (A) Wed 2/5 7.45
Hibs (A) Mon 7/5 7.45
Killie (H) Sat 12/5 3.00

Their first two post-split games are played the day before ours, so if they win it puts the pressure on us to play catch up.

jgl07
03-04-2012, 03:55 PM

It was the sarky post about paying attention that was not needed.

oconnors_strip
03-04-2012, 03:56 PM
why the **** do we have to travel to inverness AGAIN. we won there 2 ******g days ago. its surely their turn to come to us

But we won up there twice this season so hopefully three in a row! Also it's a good day trip on a supporters bus :)

SouthMoroccoStu
03-04-2012, 03:56 PM

Exactly.

3 times to Inverness in one season?!!?

Mental.

SFA are a joke

Mikey
03-04-2012, 03:58 PM

The post was for PS's consumption, not yours.

PaulSmith
03-04-2012, 03:58 PM

It's cool bro, private joke.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I had planned to go to the Dunfermline game to wish JJ all the best in Div 1, but I won't be able to now.

Oh well, the SPL have saved me £22.

PaulSmith
03-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Exactly.

3 times to Inverness in one season?!!?

Mental.

SFA are a joke

Apart from it's the SPL, which is made up of all 12 members of the league including Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2012, 04:01 PM
I had planned to go to the Dunfermline game to wish JJ all the best in Div 1, but I won't be able to now.

Oh well, the SPL have saved me £22.

I cant go either, and they have cost me whatever the percentage of my season ticket is for one game. :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
03-04-2012, 04:03 PM
x3 to Inverness is a joke :agree:

Not just because we have failed to win there before this season but the distances fans have to travel.

Add to that the Wed night game away in Aberdeen and why a Monday night for the Pars game ?!! :confused:

SPL and TV are ruining the game - this has to be sorted.

Like others I am hoping we don't need anything from that final game in Inverness as 2 wins there has been a surprise but 3 wins...may be a tough ask.

I think we need 6 more points at least to stay up - lets hope Fenlons record against bottom 6 teams continues :agree:

DH1875
03-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Monday night, FFS. Can they no do anything right. I'm gonna proper struggle now. Total joke.

DaveF
03-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Why is the Killie game on a Sunday? Presumably the Yams are also at home, but why do they have the saturday.

Sunday games can **** right off.

frazeHFC
03-04-2012, 04:14 PM
I HATE ESPN and Sky

The Voice Of Reason
03-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Totally understand the frustration at the non Saturday afternoon games.

However for me personally the Monday night game vs Dunfermline is better as I can go (as a father of 3 kids under the ages of 10 and with a wife who works shifts at weekends the Sat games are very difficult to get to).

I suspect there may be a number of people in my position. Remember the Friday night "trial" against Motherwell, there was a great suport Hibs support (and Motherwell support for that matter) at Fir Park that night :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
03-04-2012, 04:19 PM

exactly, we should have been at home to dunfy and caley, and away to the other three...all the fixtures would have then been even for us playing each one home/away twice over the course of the season

DaveF
03-04-2012, 04:22 PM

However for me personally the Monday night game vs Dunfermline is better as I can go (as a father of 3 kids under the ages of 10 and with a wife who works shifts at weekends the Sat games are very difficult to get to).

I suspect there may be a number of people in my position. Remember the Friday night "trial" against Motherwell, there was a great suport Hibs support (and Motherwell support for that matter) at Fir Park that night :agree:

I suspect there may be more out of town fans who are ST holders and feel well and truly shafted that it's another game they can't get to because Hibs and Co bow down to the TV dollar.

Gatecrasher
03-04-2012, 04:24 PM
in our last 10 SPL games this season it will be

3 Saturday 3pm Fixtures
8 different kick off times/days (including the sat 3pm games)

time for something to be done about this imo

Sean1875
03-04-2012, 04:24 PM
What a load of crap.

PaulSmith
03-04-2012, 04:30 PM
in our last 10 SPL games this season it will be

3 Saturday 3pm Fixtures
8 different kick off times/days (including the sat 3pm games)

time for something to be done about this imo

I think that sums it up why we are no longer able to get fans to attend games. Not to worry as the SPL have signed the same deal for another 4 years (only if Rangers are in it though )

Gatecrasher
03-04-2012, 04:32 PM
I think that sums it up why we are no longer able to get fans to attend games. Not to worry as the SPL have signed the same deal for another 4 years (only if Rangers are in it though )

lets hope their not!

GreenCastle
03-04-2012, 04:33 PM

Kick off times are never going to make everyone happy but seems the majority struggle with the ever changing schedule.

Friday is the start of the weekend so I don't think that would have been as bad - but Monday being a school night etc will be a lower crowd than Friday or Saturday/Sunday.

The clubs only have themselves to blame for agreeing to the T.V deal which is letting them dictate when games are played.

The clubs are the ones who are suffering with a loss of revenue from walk up and season tickets plus all the other income generated on a match day.

ESPN and SKY agreed a new deal with the SPL in November 2011 for 5 years according to this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15824173 and http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/21/scottish-premier-league-sky-espn - are these the same deals that must include 4 Old Firm games a year :rolleyes:

pentlando
03-04-2012, 04:38 PM
exactly, we should have been at home to dunfy and caley, and away to the other three...all the fixtures would have then been even for us playing each one home/away twice over the course of the season

It would be fine for us, but it's not just about us. Fixtures have to work out for the other bottom six sides too. It's why the split is an absolute joke, just another complication that doesn't actually make any sense.

Northernhibee
03-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Putting us against Dunfy on a Monday night is absolutely ludicrous. Absolutely ****ing appalling from the SPL, they can properly GTF.

andudare2
03-04-2012, 05:41 PM
exactly, we should have been at home to dunfy and caley, and away to the other three...all the fixtures would have then been even for us playing each one home/away twice over the course of the seasonwe played killie away twice ,lost 4-1.won 3-1,so was always going to be an uneven split for us as the dons&st midden are only teams in bottom 6 we only played away once to!

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees get in! Another Sunday & Monday fixture, perfect for me and one of the reasons I buy my ST.............I'm happy :greengrin

SloopJB
03-04-2012, 06:00 PM
made the schoolboy error of going to that amature gob***** website called bbc!

I think there may be a game between celtic and rangers on the 29th of april, or so it says for every team in the spl

Would there be an appetite for a 7:45 kick off on a Saturday?
It would allow summer football in cooler air and have an evening game followed by a rest day for a large number including those at school.

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Shocking fixtures. One Saturday at 3pm.

How the heck are we going to Aberdeen on a Wednesday night, and a third trip to Inverness.....Complete fools who run our game, and the paying supporter shafted yet again:rolleyes:

john18722
03-04-2012, 07:03 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/news/spl-post-split-fixtures-final-old-firm-match-set-for-late-april-1-2213384?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

Good of the SPL to guarantee a low crowd....

Saorsa
03-04-2012, 07:07 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/news/spl-post-split-fixtures-final-old-firm-match-set-for-late-april-1-2213384?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

Good of the SPL to guarantee a low crowd....Well they've never thought of the fans before, why start now.

leeds_hibby
03-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Thats bang on for me, coming up for the player sponsorship night on the wednesday two birds, one stone and all that!! its also on espn.

one day maybe...
03-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Away to Aberdeen on a Wednesday night, SPL really thought that one out eh. What a farce of a league!!!
Ps. I do realise its only 50 miles for me to attend but folks travelling from Edinburgh would have to get away early from work and the like to negotiate the bridge traffic.

Argylehibby
03-04-2012, 07:32 PM
6 league games on the trot not on a Saturday

SouthamptonHibs
03-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Crap fixtures, crap ko times, and we now have five off our last six league games not scheduled for 3pm on a Sat. I'm not up for any leagues games but the good news is we r on tv three times, twice of which are bottom six matches. SPL thinks off the fans first ha ha. Roll on the semi up for that game hail hail

HibbyKeith
03-04-2012, 07:40 PM
6 league games on the trot not on a Saturday

Was just about to post the same thing. They wonder why crowds and season ticket sales are going down. Please to god bring back Saturday football before there are no fans left to go to the games.

Away to Inverness 3 times this season, (not as bad a thought as it would have been last season)

Away in Paisley on a sunday afternoon the same day as the Old Firm Game. great planning SPL. travelling supporters will toil for a pint pre match no doubt.

LancashireHibby
03-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Will book the time off work tomorrow for the Dunfermline game and luckily hotels aren't too expensive that night, but the lack of Saturday games in that list is ridiculous, not to mention getting both Aberdeen (a Wednesday FFS!!) and Inverness away.

The_Todd
03-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Are we the only so-called professional league in the world where teams are expected to play home and away to each team an unequal number of times?

IWasThere2016
03-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Joke arrangements. Those with STs must wonder why they bother. Kick the Hun tae, and punt SKY and ESPN right behind them. Farcical!

matty_f
03-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Total joke, to be honest. WTF is wrong with giving us 3pm Saturday games?

Bishop Hibee
03-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Utter joke regarding the times of games. Add the Easter Sunday lunchtime ko which is really popular with my wife :rolleyes: and it's no wonder crowds are down. I'll have to change my shift on Monday 7th May to get to the Pars game.

Is the TV deal worth it :confused:

PatHead
03-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Utter joke regarding the times of games. Add the Easter Sunday lunchtime ko which is really popular with my wife :rolleyes: and it's no wonder crowds are down. I'll have to change my shift on Monday 7th May to get to the Pars game.

Is the TV deal worth it :confused:

Don't forget the game we had on Mothers Day which went down equally well

lucky
03-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Previously I've defended the tv deal but its now gone way to far. I like football on a Saturday at 1500. Our top 6 home games against the Huns, Celts, yams have never been at 1500 for long enough. The post split fixtures confirm they don't give a fxxx about the fans. That's me definitely not renewing my ST. It just not worth the hassle.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2012, 10:21 PM
The sooner folk realise that the days of continuous 3pm ko's on a Saturday are long gone the better! To hear some of the moans you'd think it was a new thing this season.

Saorsa
03-04-2012, 10:27 PM
The sooner folk realise that the days of continuous 3pm ko's on a Saturday are long gone the better! To hear some of the moans you'd think it was a new thing this season.and the sooner clubs and the SPL realise that pandering tae TV companies and all these ridiculous fixtures and KO times are unacceptable the sooner they might start selling more season tickets again. Why do they think people are going tae keep paying up for games they cannae make?

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2012, 10:31 PM
and the sooner clubs and the SPL realise that pandering tae TV companies and all these ridiculous fixtures and KO times is unacceptable the sooner they might start selling more season tickets again.

More and more folk ARE starting to realise saturday at 3pm is no longer the normal time to watch football. And thats why season tickets and crowds will be lower again next season.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2012, 10:34 PM
and the sooner clubs and the SPL realise that pandering tae TV companies and all these ridiculous fixtures and KO times is unacceptable the sooner they might start selling more season tickets again.

You do realise that is never going to happen! Don't get me wrong I'm not agreeing with the ridiculous KO times but they've been like this for so long now I have just accepted it as part and part of football. I actually find it works in my favour on many occasions.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2012, 10:37 PM
More and more folk ARE starting to realise saturday at 3pm is no longer the normal time to watch football. And thats why season tickets and crowds will be lower again next season.

Yes coupled with the lack of entertainment on offer and the option of watching many games on TV in a boozer which seems to be the preferred choice of many a "supporter" these days.

Saorsa
03-04-2012, 10:39 PM
You do realise that is never going to happen! Don't get me wrong I'm not agreeing with the ridiculous KO times but they've been like this for so long now I have just accepted it as part and part of football. I actually find it works in my favour on many occasions.It might when they realise the bag of buns most get from the current poxy TV deal insnae worth the number of season tickets and supporters they are losing and continue tae lose through the gates.

matty_f
03-04-2012, 10:40 PM
The sooner folk realise that the days of continuous 3pm ko's on a Saturday are long gone the better! To hear some of the moans you'd think it was a new thing this season.

It's not just that it's not 3pm on Saturday, it's that it's different just about every week these days. We'll have played just about every day of the week come the end of the season.

Makaveli
03-04-2012, 11:32 PM
It's not just that it's not 3pm on Saturday, it's that it's different just about every week these days. We'll have played just about every day of the week come the end of the season.

Exactly. It was just about alright when we were Saturday or Sunday lunchtime for home OF games and derbies, but playing on other days vs other sides is a f***king farce.

In the real world how many people want to watch St Mirren vs Hibs or Hibs vs Dunfermline apart from folk who would otherwise think about attending?

AJWisme
03-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Biggest game of the season potentially, on a Monday night?! It's all wrong IMO. :confused:

Is it getting worse or is it just more noticable as I've moved away? Getting down on a Monday from Aberdeen will be a real pain, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Yes the quality of football is DREADFUL, but how can you expect people to watch what is served up when the day is changed constantly? Unfortunately it's one of the main reasons my season ticket will not be renewed. I think the SFA really need to get a grip, along with all the money grabbing chairmen, or cheif executives or whatever from every club to agreeing to let TV walk all over us. The fans will always come last with this system.

Also IMO, watching the quality of football on the TV without any atmosphere (granted it's quiet just now) just isn't the same, so I don't get why we're fixated on these horrible deals.

Ok, rant over, GGTTH :flag:

Cameron1875
04-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Biggest game of the season potentially, on a Monday night?! It's all wrong IMO. :confused:

Is it getting worse or is it just more noticable as I've moved away? Getting down on a Monday from Aberdeen will be a real pain, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Yes the quality of football is DREADFUL, but how can you expect people to watch what is served up when the day is changed constantly? Unfortunately it's one of the main reasons my season ticket will not be renewed. I think the SFA really need to get a grip, along with all the money grabbing chairmen, or cheif executives or whatever from every club to agreeing to let TV walk all over us. The fans will always come last with this system.

Also IMO, watching the quality of football on the TV without any atmosphere (granted it's quiet just now) just isn't the same, so I don't get why we're fixated on these horrible deals.

Its absolutely ridiculous. I have exam in glasgow the following morning so having the game on the monday night is bloody annoying. The SPL have also given St Johnstone 20 away games and 18 home also making them go to Motherwell and Celtic 3 times when they are trying to get champions league football! If that was hibs we'd be raging.

Hibernia&Alba
04-04-2012, 06:07 AM
Its absolutely ridiculous. I have exam in glasgow the following morning so having the game on the monday night is bloody annoying. The SPL have also given St Johnstone 20 away games and 18 home also making them go to Motherwell and Celtic 3 times when they are trying to get champions league football! If that was hibs we'd be raging.

Totally unfair on St Johnstone, and as for the Hibs fixtures, Aberdeen on a Wednesday night is just amazing. A tiny bit of common sense is all that's needed.

Onion
04-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Exactly. It was just about alright when we were Saturday or Sunday lunchtime for home OF games and derbies, but playing on other days vs other sides is a f***king farce.

In the real world how many people want to watch St Mirren vs Hibs or Hibs vs Dunfermline apart from folk who would otherwise think about attending?

Agree with most of the comments on this thread and impact on Season Ticket sales. Hibs are in for an almighty shock when they see the drop off in ST sales for next season - it will be horrendous. Maybe then they will actually wake up to the whole list of reasons why Hibs fans will not be buying STs and start to actually DO something about it.

vanNISHtelroy
04-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Be glad you don't have to come to Rugby Park, apparently we asked for the last game away so we could start work on the pitch earlier...so they gave us three home games in seven days. The third game against Aberdeen could be interesting.

Sorry in advance for getting beat by the Pars on last day of the season but hopefully you'll be safe by then/we might actually get it right and help relegate JJ.

dangermouse
04-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Over the course of the season we will have had 16 (YES SIXTEEN) different kick off times.

Saturday 12:15, 12:30, 13:30, 15:00
Sunday 12:00, 12:15, 12:30, 15:00,15:15, 15:45
Monday 12:15, 19:45
Tuesday 19:45
Wednesday 19:15, 19:45
Friday can't rember the time although game was abandoned.

I've already renewed my season ticket but if next season is the same I doubt I'll be doing so again as I just miss too many games to make the saving worth it.

dangermouse
04-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Just sent this to the board entitled "Why should I renew my season ticket?"

Despite the title of this email I have already renewed mine and my son's tickets for next season. However, having seen the post split fixture kick off times I'm begining to wonder why I should have bothered.

Once this season is over Hibernian FC will have been subject to 16 (YES SIXTEEN) different kick off times pandering to the needs of a TV deal designed specifically for the Old Firm and totally disregarding the needs of fans from outside of Glasgow, how often do Rangers or Celtic not kick off their home games on a Saturday at 3PM?

When I buy a season ticket I'm expecting the majority of home games to be a 3PM kick off on a Saturday however this season has fallen way short of my expectations. As I find it difficult to attend games on a Sunday the value of my season ticket has been very much diminished and will continue to be so post split. It almost makes me hope that when we kick off for the sixteenth different time this season the team capitulates and Dunfermline secure SPL status allowing Hibs fans the luxury of 3PM Saturday kick offs in the SFL!

The board must surely be worried about the number of fans turning up at Easter Road (I know you are as you are giving me free tickets to the Old Firm games next season) and would hope that next season all SPL chairmen will stand up to both Sky and ESPN and say enough is enough and ensure either a standard kick off time (like we had before of 18:05 on a Sunday) can be negotiated or tell them you are more interested in the fans coming through the turnstile than their money.

I have been a season ticket holder for a number of years and hope to continue as such but if the current constant changing of the start time and day of games continues then my hard earned season ticket money will be staying in my pocket much to my disapointment as yours.

IWasThere2016
04-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Agree with most of the comments on this thread and impact on Season Ticket sales. Hibs are in for an almighty shock when they see the drop off in ST sales for next season - it will be horrendous. Maybe then they will actually wake up to the whole list of reasons why Hibs fans will not be buying STs and start to actually DO something about it.

:agree: We heard FH speak out about it last week, and this week we hear he is leaving. I sincerely hope the two are not related and the rest of the Board believe in the TV deal - as it is not helping our game IMHO.

killie-hibby
04-04-2012, 08:50 AM
:agree: We heard FH speak out about it last week, and this week we hear he is leaving. I sincerely hope the two are not related and the rest of the Board believe in the TV deal - as it is not helping our game IMHO.

On the football debate programme a few weeks ago I'm sure I heard RP say a) he wants standardised KO times b) Hibs did not vote in favour of the TV deal.

Bill Milne
04-04-2012, 09:24 AM

Once again, utter pish from SPL. I know TV companies dictate so much but there should, surely, be a restriction on the number of non-Saturday 3pm games any club should be required to play.Spineless pish from Hibs Board as well, no wonder Fyfe Hyland is being emptied, although I understand fully that he is on the smokescreen behind which the 'tache hides to avoid blame.

KeithTheHibby
04-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Are the clubs powerless to stop these schedules?

Farce of a league.

portyfelly
04-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Nine 3pm saturday kick offs this season, its no wonder season ticket sales are down season after season.:rolleyes:

Totally abysmal, I want and shall pay for saturday football because thats the product I want. :cb

GreenCastle
04-04-2012, 10:15 AM
From the main Hibs website - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120404/pf-split-fixtures-reaction_2262950_2721370

Boss Fenlon admits he was slightly bemused by the jumbled sequence of matches, especially when only two will take place on a Saturday afternoon.He said: "We've got five games left after the weekend and we play them on four different days and however many different kick-off times."From a supporter's point of view, that is crazy. In most people's eyes, Saturday afternoon is the time for football."But we've got to get on with it. We've got to approach it the right way and make sure we stay in the league."

Football has changed over the years and TV has become a major factor - but we aren't Manchester United earning decent money in the Champions League / Europa League and the people in charge of the game can surely understand the game is currently suffering so lets make it as easy as possible for fans to attend.

They always claim the split even out - would love to see the stats since the split began of the balance of home and away games to each teams.

neilmartinrocks
04-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Over the course of the season we will have had 16 (YES SIXTEEN) different kick off times.

Saturday 12:15, 12:30, 13:30, 15:00
Sunday 12:00, 12:15, 12:30, 15:00,15:15, 15:45
Monday 12:15, 19:45
Tuesday 19:45
Wednesday 19:15, 19:45
Friday can't rember the time although game was abandoned.

I've already renewed my season ticket but if next season is the same I doubt I'll be doing so again as I just miss too many games to make the saving worth it.

anybody got the twisted sisters kick off times for this season?
especially their home games?

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2012, 10:22 AM

Aye 3pm bar the bigotfests. :rolleyes:

neilmartinrocks
04-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Aye 3pm bar the bigotfests. :rolleyes:

thats what i thought. couldnt remember any games away to the ***** that wasnt 3pm kick off.
****ing shambles!!

cabbageandribs1875
04-04-2012, 10:35 AM

just looked at the buns home games

17 home games

sat 3pm= 11 games
sat 12:30= 1 game
sun 12:30= 1 game
sun 1pm= 1 game
sun 12:15= 1 game
mon(new year) 3pm= 1 game
tues 7:45= 1 game

GreenCastle
04-04-2012, 10:44 AM
just looked at the buns home games

17 home games

sat 3pm= 11 games
sat 12:30= 1 game
sun 12:30= 1 game
sun 1pm= 1 game
sun 12:15= 1 game
mon(new year) 3pm= 1 game
tues 7:45= 1 game

What about away games? Any midweek trips to Aberdeen or ICT ?

green&left
04-04-2012, 10:50 AM
What about away games? Any midweek trips to Aberdeen or ICT ?

Celtic have had Aberdeen away midweek. Both OF have had midweek 6pm kick-offs. Celtic havn't played away at 3pm on a Saturday since 2006 and Rangers have played once or twice on a Saturday 3pm since the same time.

There's no conspiracy here, TV shafts ALL match day going fans.

Saorsa
04-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Celtic have had Aberdeen away midweek. Both OF have had midweek 6pm kick-offs. Celtic havn't played away at 3pm on a Saturday since 2006 and Rangers have played once or twice on a Saturday 3pm since the same time.

There's no conspiracy here, TV shafts ALL match day going fans.It rarely if ever shafts OF ST holders or hame gates though, very rarely shifted unless they're playing each other which will sell out regardless. Fans of other clubs routinely have their hame games shifted here, there and everywhere meaning a lot of them cannae make games they've already paid for. Little wonder less and less people bother paying up front.

GreenCastle
04-04-2012, 11:28 AM

There's no conspiracy here, TV shafts ALL match day going fans.

This season Celtic have played Hibs and Hearts midweek - but not up to ICT or Aberdeen.

The Old Firm kick offs are usually decided by T.V - Europa League early starts or ESPN or SKY early starts on weekends.

The home games though are mostly at 3pm which for season ticket holders makes things very easy and the 2000-4000 who travel can then still make the away games if they want from their support.

green&left
04-04-2012, 11:58 AM
This season Celtic have played Hibs and Hearts midweek - but not up to ICT or Aberdeen.

The Old Firm kick offs are usually decided by T.V - Europa League early starts or ESPN or SKY early starts on weekends.

The home games though are mostly at 3pm which for season ticket holders makes things very easy and the 2000-4000 who travel can then still make the away games if they want from their support.

Must've been last season then, they defo played up there though. End of the day, with midweek fixtures someone's gonna have to travel up or Inverness or Aberdeen are going to have to travel down. 130 miles isn't the end of the world, they manage it in England, Germany, Italy, Poland etc.

Eyrie
04-04-2012, 07:25 PM

More Ugly Sister bias. With Celtc having already won the league by that point, why not make them go to McDiarmid for a second time and let St Johnstone have a fair split?

Diclonius
05-04-2012, 11:31 AM
More Ugly Sister bias. With Celtc having already won the league by that point, why not make them go to McDiarmid for a second time and let St Johnstone have a fair split?

Because Celtic would be right on the "SFA are Proddies" bandwagon. They're scared, pure and simple.

yeezus.
05-04-2012, 12:08 PM

Well said. I'll struggle to get back to Aberdeen so late on a Monday night as well.