PDA

View Full Version : Can This Lot Win the CUP

happiehibbie
03-04-2012, 01:39 PM
In my 50 years I have not seen such a bad team, yet they seem to be two games away from being what Hero,s or lucky Barstewards. I hope they go down as the latter !!

Mikey
03-04-2012, 01:41 PM
If we keep telling them they're the worst team we've ever seen they'll start believing it.

hibee62
03-04-2012, 01:51 PM
In my 50 years I have not seen such a bad team, yet they seem to be two games away from being what Hero,s or lucky Barstewards. I hope they go down as the latter !!

So you will forever remember the first Hibs cup winning team in over a century as lucky etc's instead of saying well done on doing something that no one else has managed in ~110 years? Wow! Some people really do just like to be miserable!

Elephant Stone
03-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Whenever we've had a decent team and there was some belief we could do it, we crumble under the pressure. Being underdogs and having nothing to lose could work in our favour. Having said that, if we play anything like we have been in the last few games we'll have no chance whatsoever.

Hibernian Verse
03-04-2012, 02:19 PM

You have a very ironic username.

ekhibee
03-04-2012, 02:27 PM
I reckon we've got no chance of winning it so we will.

happiehibbie
03-04-2012, 02:38 PM
I reckon we've got no chance of winning it so we will.

am with YOU

Cabbage East
03-04-2012, 02:40 PM
We're not going to win the cup.

Sir David Gray
03-04-2012, 02:45 PM
We're undoubtedly the outsiders, out of the remaining teams we are the weakest based on league form. However there's only four teams left in the cup this year and we're one of them so we've clearly got a big chance.

Craig_in_Prague
03-04-2012, 02:45 PM

Ok, thanks.

Barney McGrew
03-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Aberdeen haven't really troubled us at all this season (they were very fortunate to win at Pittodrie and we should have beaten them twice at ER) and are on an even worse run of form than we are - no wins in their last six league games and only one win in their last eleven.

We really should be beating them in the semi, and after that it's whoever has the big match temprament. Celtic don't seem to have it under Lennon, and I'm a firm believer that if we're ever going to burst the hoodoo it will be against the Gorgoyles.

We've got as much chance as any of the other three. Bring it on.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2012, 02:58 PM
We have a 1 in 4 chance of Winning it.

Football is a funny old game.

dangermouse
03-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Aberdeen haven't really troubled us at all this season (they were very fortunate to win at Pittodrie and we should have beaten them twice at ER) and are on an even worse run of form than we are - no wins in their last six league games and only one win in their last eleven.

We really should be beating them in the semi, and after that it's whoever has the big match temprament. Celtic don't seem to have it under Lennon, and I'm a firm believer that if we're ever going to burst the hoodoo it will be against the Gorgoyles.

We've got as much chance as any of the other three. Bring it on.

Indeed we were unlucky at Pitodrie, a refereeing blunder (or was it a criminal decision :greengrin) denying us a point. We should have won the second game at ER but to think we should have won the first is a bit much. Both teams that day should have been lined up in the centre circle and gunned down to ensure no fan EVER had to endure such anti football ever again. :wink:

Hibbyradge
03-04-2012, 03:00 PM
We're undoubtedly the outsiders, out of the remaining teams we are the weakest based on league form. However there's only four teams left in the cup this year and we're one of them so we've clearly got a big chance.

Actually, we're third favourites. Hearts are the outsiders.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/scottish-fa-cup

Sir David Gray
03-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Actually, we're third favourites. Hearts are the outsiders.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/scottish-fa-cup

I find that incredible.

Particularly given their 'special relationship' with the Scottish Cup. :confused:

The Sea-gull
03-04-2012, 03:19 PM

Bit in bold. True, they haven't really troubled us this season but I'm betting their fans haven't left the games thinking we have troubled them in any way. I'd say head to head over the three games it has been bang even. We deserved a draw on balance from the game at Pittodrie but saying we should have beaten them at ER twice is stretching things a bit. Once maybe but not twice.

The semi is more or less an even 50/50 game, if anything Aberdeen's better points tally in the league gives them the slight edge over us. Their form since the turn of the year in the league is only slightly better than ours as they have 12 points (only 2 wins and 6 draws) from 11 games where as we have 11 (three wins and two draws) from 12 games. The amount of draws they have had suggests they will be hard to beat but can also be got at.
Hearts are the outsiders as they have the toughest task to get to the final. If they get there they would be favourites vs us or Aberdeen but getting there will be tougher for them than either ourselves or Aberdeen.

We have as much chance as the other three.

Saying we have as much chance as Celtic have of winning the cup is stretching things a bit too. More chance than Hearts, about the same as Aberdeen but miles behind Celtic's chances.

Ultrabee1-0
03-04-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't see why we can't win it! We have a good
a chance as everyone else? Who would have thought we would get to quarters of the c.i.s and the semi's of the Scottish? And who would have thought Killy would win the cup? The impossible can happen and tbh am behind the team! We can go win it a don't see why we cant!

keithkeith
03-04-2012, 03:33 PM
If we keep telling them they're the worst team we've ever seen they'll start believing it.

:agree:

ShanksSaidNo
03-04-2012, 03:43 PM

Glad I read such an insiteful post before heading down to ER and wasting my money on a ticket for the semi!

Pretty Boy
03-04-2012, 03:53 PM
I find that incredible.

Particularly given their 'special relationship' with the Scottish Cup. :confused:

Agreed.

The wins in 2005 and 98 as well as that double in 86 added to the numerous other triumphs in the last 50 years means they surely only have to turn up.

bubblesmorrison
03-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small people

smurf
03-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Yes we can.

If Pat plays our strongest 11 and with them focussed and motivated....

JeMeSouviens
03-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I find that incredible.

It's just the way the odds fall out because of the draw. Hearts have to beat Celtic. Us or Aberdeen only have to play one another and then might get to play the Yams. Were we to play the Yams in the final they would be odds on favourites.

The Voice Of Reason
03-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I already have my ticket for the semi final and will be there hoping/praying for a win.

In reply to the OP, No I do not think we will win the cup (I fear that Aberdeen will win a turgid semi final between two dreadful teams 1-0).

Bostonhibby
03-04-2012, 04:30 PM

Not only that but in the spirit of this thread I am going to apply to have us retrospectively knocked out in the quarter finals. ****, I don't actually care if we blag it with a team that wasn't quite the Tornadoes, or that heroic team from the 79 final who weren't the best I have ever seen either..........its about the mentality on the day and a bit of luck is normally required.

essexhibee
03-04-2012, 04:38 PM
No because unfortuantely we don't have it in us to beat hearts/celtic.

Pete
03-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Worst team ever, worst manager ever, worst board ever, worst strip ever, worst training ground ever. Any more?

I despair, I really do. Short memories.

bubblesmorrison
03-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small people

SloopJB
03-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Worst team ever, worst manager ever, worst board ever, worst strip ever, worst training ground ever. Any more?

I despair, I really do. Short memories.

missed out fans and supporter forum.

I think that the current team have a lot to do before confidence is coursing through the crowd onto the pitch, feeding the players,
however, we do have a better chance than rangers and dundee united

Hibercelona
03-04-2012, 05:32 PM
If that team wins the cup, its because that team deserves to win the cup.

You'd think that some people on here would be gutted if we were to win it this season. :rolleyes:

Ferryhibby
03-04-2012, 05:44 PM

i hope they dont go down atall

HibernianBohs
03-04-2012, 06:08 PM
I hope we beat Aberdeen for a start, if we got to the final anything could happen, didn't Celtic lose to Ross County last year, add to that the fact we could be playing Hearts and I'd be optimistic, beat Aberdeen and see what happens :)

snooky
03-04-2012, 06:17 PM
I hope we beat Aberdeen for a start, if we got to the final anything could happen, didn't Celtic lose to Ross County last year, add to that the fact we could be playing Hearts and I'd be optimistic, beat Aberdeen and see what happens :)

:agree:
Let's get the main course over before we look at the dessert menu.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Well one of my teams have been that bad that they won a cup so I'm hoping lightning will strike twice at least.

givescotlandfreedom
03-04-2012, 07:42 PM

Thanks, in that case does anybody want to buy a semi final ticket?

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks, in that case does anybody want to buy a semi final ticket?

No but I'll have your tickets for the final seeing as you won't be needing them! :wink:

SouthamptonHibs
03-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Why not? Two games away thump the sheep then get a lucky break orvtwo in the final then we r champs. hail hail

Col2
03-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I just hope we turn up for the semi and we all come away knowing we tried 100% to get to the final. Aberdeen are as good opponents as we could have hoped for and they are really struggling now.

Can we win it? The semi - Yes. The final will take care of itself.

stokesmessiah
03-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I just hope we turn up for the semi and we all come away knowing we tried 100% to get to the final. Aberdeen are as good opponents as we could have hoped for and they are really struggling now.

Can we win it? The semi - Yes. The final will take care of itself.

Phew, i am just glad we are going through a purple patch ! :cb

givescotlandfreedom
03-04-2012, 09:29 PM
No but I'll have your tickets for the final seeing as you won't be needing them! :wink:

Check with CabbageEast first to see if we're getting past Aberdeen, he was a bit vague. :greengrin

Col2
03-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Phew, i am just glad we are going through a purple patch ! :cb

Unbeaten in 1 !!!

TornadoHibby
03-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Whenever we've had a decent team and there was some belief we could do it, we crumble under the pressure. Being underdogs and having nothing to lose could work in our favour. Having said that, if we play anything like we have been in the last few games we'll have no chance whatsoever.

I think your last sentence sums our Cup prospects up! :confused:

Spike Mandela
03-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Games so far against Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts.....

P10 W0 D3 L7 GF2 GA19

Chances of winning cup seem to be of the variety "eleven men against eleven", "got to be in it to win it", "you never know", "it's only two games" and " we have to win it sometime".

WellingtonHibby
04-04-2012, 02:39 AM

Incorrect. That assumes every chance is equal and nor subject to other Forbes such as form, ability etc. For example, hubs vs barca, one would not give us a 50% chance of winning..

CorrieHibs
04-04-2012, 11:48 AM

Jim Duffys team was worse IMHO

Phil MaGlass
04-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Were going to win the cup, said the same to all ma mates at the beginning of the season and we were going to get the cheat yams in the final, its almost there.

"I HAVE A DREAM"

Stonewall
04-04-2012, 12:11 PM

Bertie Auld's team were worse.

InchHibby
04-04-2012, 02:01 PM
:thumbsup:
For as bad as this team has been, there have been moments when all looked well and enough to say that worse teams than
ours have reached the final in years gone by and won it.
If we can take all our good moments and produce them on the day then::thumbsup:

Kato
04-04-2012, 03:11 PM

It's been absolutely hilarious this season. :greengrin

You'd think that some people on here would be gutted if we were to win it this season. :rolleyes:

Some people on here would be gutted. The Jambos and the Jambo trolls.

neilmartinrocks
04-04-2012, 03:28 PM
all together now!!
:singing:when the Hibs go up
to lift the scottish cup:singing:

Killiehibbie
04-04-2012, 03:31 PM
If they go out and win the final with a mixture of good luck, bad fortune for opponents, wearing four leaf clovers, lucky pants or anything else that makes a difference i'll gladly take it.

cad
04-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Cant believe we have got this far so well done to them , getting to the final would be beyond all expectations ,as for winning it someones got to:whistle:

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2012, 06:56 PM
I think Hibs could easily lift the cup. All it will take is for someone to switch off the lights, and it can be spirited away.

I'm a big fan of St Trinians films!

yeezus.
05-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Aberdeen aren't much better than us. If we get past them, ya never know