PDA

View Full Version : new season ticket!

147lothian
03-04-2012, 03:30 AM
My mate that i've been sitting with for umpteen years is having second thoughts about his season ticket this year! I'm still going to get mine, (under protest) lol, but it's making me wonder how many will be sold for the new campaign, will there be a mass surge before the deadline for cup top up on fri?

whiskyhibby
03-04-2012, 06:14 AM
I sent in my application last weekend, irrespective of what division we are in I remain a lifelong Hibby and thus its a no brainer for me :-))

Gatecrasher
03-04-2012, 06:21 AM
I sent in my application last weekend, irrespective of what division we are in I remain a lifelong Hibby and thus its a no brainer for me :-))

:agree:

I'm happy with the work PF has done so far and i believe we are starting to turn it around, i'm not saying its going to be easy or we are going to be world beaters next season but it was enough for me to want to part with my cash for a ST.

FifeHibby
03-04-2012, 06:33 AM
:agree:

I'm happy with the work PF has done so far and i believe we are starting to turn it around, i'm not saying its going to be easy or we are going to be world beaters next season but it was enough for me to want to part with my cash for a ST.

Yeah, I feel the same. Have renewed for the last 25 years, even after some poor seasons. Renewed last night for mine and my sons.

bingo70
03-04-2012, 06:38 AM
Not renewing this season, will still go most weeks but reckon ill be cheaper paying at the gate.

Nothing to do with fenlon, I'm certain we'll make steady progress under him and we'll be a better team next year.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2012, 08:32 AM

Ooooh, that's so tempting...

whiskyhibby
03-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Ooooh, that's so tempting...

Just a statement of fact based purely on my own opinions...........

I would always support Hibs and go every week even if they were in the 3rd division.

Its not like a normal consumer choice where I buy one product over another based on each products benefits, likewise I wouldnt go to see Hearts just because they Playing better football and are having a more successful season!

However of thats what you make your choices on then that's cool....

hibee
03-04-2012, 01:57 PM
I renewed mine yesterday and also bought two new tickets for my kids who have only been Hibs kids members before so that's an extra two seats filled!

edinburghhibee
03-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Got mine +3 more, applied for Section 43 but when do you know if you are successful? and when do you find out your seat? they just said that it would be posted on the fishy site when ready.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm actually thinking about buying for the 1st time in a while next season.

Whilst obviously the football is a factor, it was the disinterest of my mates that stoppped me going. A chance encounter with an old mate a few weeks ago who still likes a few pints and the game has got me interested again.

marinello59
03-04-2012, 05:00 PM
I've renewed our three. Logic and common sense goes out of the window for me as the renewal deadlines approach. Roll on next season. :thumbsup:

hfc rd
03-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Can't afford it and possibly going to be moving back down to Manchester this summer. However will try my best to attend a game or two next season and pay at at the gate or buy paper match tickets from the ticket office whenever United aren't playing.

matty_f
03-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Renewed 2 at the start of last week. Figured Hibs could probably do with the money!

greenlex
03-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Im in. :agree: Im a Hibee.
Its what I do at the weekend.

Jay
03-04-2012, 07:49 PM
We'll have ours before friday closing time. Just cant not.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2012, 07:52 PM
We'll have ours before friday closing time. Just cant not.

Remember it's Good Friday, closing time might be earlier than expected.:greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
03-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Im in. :agree: Im a Hibee.
Its what I do at the weekend.

And Fridays, Mondays and every other day of the frigging week :)

bingo70
03-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Renewed 2 at the start of last week. Figured Hibs could probably do with the money!

Imo they should have made them cheaper then.

matty_f
03-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Imo they should have made them cheaper then.

In an ideal world they would have been.

bingo70
03-04-2012, 08:17 PM
In an ideal world they would have been.

The debates been done to death but after the team we've watched over the last couple of years it would have been the ideal time to reduce prices as a gesture of goodwill but I personally feel the price if my ticket going up as them sticking two fingers up at me and saying they think we'll renew regardless due to the reasons mentioned above so they can charge what they want.

Imo unless we win the Scottish cup we'll have a record low number of st holders and if that is the case I hold the person who came up with the prices to blame and certainly not the fans who don't renew

matty_f
03-04-2012, 08:24 PM
The debates been done to death but after the team we've watched over the last couple of years it would have been the ideal time to reduce prices as a gesture of goodwill but I personally feel the price if my ticket going up as them sticking two fingers up at me and saying they think we'll renew regardless due to the reasons mentioned above so they can charge what they want.

Imo unless we win the Scottish cup we'll have a record low number of st holders and if that is the case I hold the person who came up with the prices to blame and certainly not the fans who don't renew

I suppose the board had to weigh up the gesture of goodwill against the reality of finding the money to run the football club, bearing in mind that radical work needs done in the transfer market yet again in the summer. My guess is that keeping the prices 'as is' was perhaps seen as a compromise. When you chuck in the extras they've probably tried to make it as sweet a deal as possible while balancing the books.

I'm sure there's a magic formula where low prices and uptake bring in enough money for the club to survive, but I'm not sure that the board have found that yet. I would presume that they'll have had a lot more info to base their decision than most of us on here though. I'm 100% certain that they would have had no wish to alienate fans with the offerings this season.

bingo70
03-04-2012, 08:31 PM
I suppose the board had to weigh up the gesture of goodwill against the reality of finding the money to run the football club, bearing in mind that radical work needs done in the transfer market yet again in the summer. My guess is that keeping the prices 'as is' was perhaps seen as a compromise. When you chuck in the extras they've probably tried to make it as sweet a deal as possible while balancing the books.

I'm sure there's a magic formula where low prices and uptake bring in enough money for the club to survive, but I'm not sure that the board have found that yet. I would presume that they'll have had a lot more info to base their decision than most of us on here though. I'm 100% certain that they would have had no wish to alienate fans with the offerings this season.

Advertising a price freeze that wasn't actually a price freeze for a third of season ticket holders is something they certainly ballsed up with imo.

I know there's a balance to be had but imo they've got the balance miles wrong this year, only time will tell of course but I think we'll see in next seasons st numbers they've made an arse of it, even the prices going down by a token amount like a tenner or something would have got far more positive results.

matty_f
03-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Advertising a price freeze that wasn't actually a price freeze for a third of season ticket holders is something they certainly ballsed up with imo.

I know there's a balance to be had but imo they've got the balance miles wrong this year, only time will tell of course but I think we'll see in next seasons st numbers they've made an arse of it, even the prices going down by a token amount like a tenner or something would have got far more positive results.

Yep, I don't disagree mate. I'm on record in saying that I think the board made a mess of this year's proposition.

Whatever I think of it though, I know that the club need the money, and I know that Pat Fenlon's budget is directly impacted on whether I as a season ticket holder decide to renew or not. If I and others renew, he can build a better squad. If I and others don't, then we're watching the same story again next year, IMHO.

I know I'm not alone in being of the opinion that supporting a football team is much, much less of a consumer choice than where you do your shopping or what restaurants you choose to eat at. For me and many others, Hibernian is something that's in the blood, and we will renew regardless - rightly or wrongly. It's something I do now with my son, and so between that and the fact I want to see better players next year, not renewing never really entered my head. I could afford it last season, it's the same price for me and the boy next season, so I've renewed.

It's all down to personal choice, and as I've said I already, the board ballsed up the season ticket proposition this year IMHO. We all know the script though, every penny of season ticket money goes to Fenlon's budget, so I'd much rather get the ticket and make a complaint to the club about the prices etc after the event, than effectively 'punish' the first team by withholding funds in protest. That's just my thoughts on it.

TomTheHibbyBev
03-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Geting ours tomorrow. :thumbsup:

bingo70
03-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Suppose, everyone's got there breaking point and this year was mine, I've barely enjoyed a game in a year so I'm not going to pay more for the privelage of not enjoying myself.

It's time for us to have a manager that earns his corn, he's going to have to work with a dramatically reduced budget and he's going to have to make the team much better at the same time, its not impossible though as Motherwell, Dundee utd and st Johnstone have proven and once fenlon has proven he can do that then he'll enjoy the benefits of increased season tickets and a bigger budget.

Fergos
03-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Aye. Not always been able to afford one but can for the moment so me and the Aul boy there again for the long haul.

Coupled with the fact I want Pat to have some £ for some decent recruits.....we need about 6 at least!

Forever and ever.......The Edinburgh Hibees.

lyonhibs
03-04-2012, 09:10 PM

What 1/3rd is that, out of interest? Not being wide or anything, just that I never seriously considered a ST this season for obvious reasons so didn't read all the blurb when it came through the door.

hibbymac
03-04-2012, 10:11 PM
What 1/3rd is that, out of interest? Not being wide or anything, just that I never seriously considered a ST this season for obvious reasons so didn't read all the blurb when it came through the door.

I'd imagine it's reference to the people who used the payment plan, although The Club have kept the prices the same as this season, there is now interest to be paid, which means next years ST will cost more than this season if you pay by instalments.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2012, 10:17 PM
My forms went straight in the bin, cant justify it anymore. :boo hoo:

hibbymac
03-04-2012, 10:31 PM
My forms went straight in the bin, cant justify it anymore. :boo hoo:

:agree: To be honest, after the announcement of the final fixtures, it has just finalised my decision not to renew my ST for next season.

Until they stop scottish games being televised, which alters the KO times throughout the season, the numbers at all SPL games will keep falling.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2012, 10:32 PM
To be honest, after the announcement of the final fixtures, it has just finalised my decision not to renew my ST for next season.

Until they stop scottish games being televised, which alters the KO times throughout the season, the numbers at all SPL games will keep falling.

Thats no surprise to me, the tv companies dont seem to care nobody is at the games.

Jonnyboy
03-04-2012, 10:36 PM
:agree: To be honest, after the announcement of the final fixtures, it has just finalised my decision not to renew my ST for next season.

Dunno why they don't just televise matches involving the OF. After all that's what draws their punters in apparently. It means everyone would have Saturday 3pm games unless playing the OF. Of course we'd still want our share of the TV money :wink:

hibbymac
03-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Dunno why they don't just televise matches involving the OF. After all that's what draws their punters in apparently. It means everyone would have Saturday 3pm games unless playing the OF. Of course we'd still want our share of the TV money :wink:

Totally agree,(well maybe no the last bit :green grin ), Let them televise the OF games and let them have their monies, I'm sure if we had OF, hertz, games at ER we would be getting far bigger crowds if it was not on the TV. people may be more encouraged to buy their ST with the knowledge that the games will KO at 3pm on a Saturday, and their plans would not be changed at a couple of weeks notice.

greenlex
04-04-2012, 04:37 AM
The third that used the payment plan. They are being asked to pay for the credit this time instead of getting it interest free. The season ticket price is the same.

greenlex
04-04-2012, 04:38 AM
And Fridays, Mondays and every other day of the frigging week :)

Gonna change my name to fulltime Hibee. :-)

jon paul jones
04-04-2012, 04:41 AM
My mate that i've been sitting with for umpteen years is having second thoughts about his season ticket this year! I'm still going to get mine, (under protest) lol, but it's making me wonder how many will be sold for the new campaign, will there be a mass surge before the deadline for cup top up on fri?

Hibees Brother,
I can't believe you've been left behind. There is always a space over in Section 43 to join the 2012/13 singing section. I bought my season ticket outright last week after weighing up the cons of paying extra for the installments. Once I confessed to the bank manager (partner), i felt better.

One love, one Hibs....

147lothian
07-04-2012, 12:48 AM
:thumbsup:
Hibees Brother,
I can't believe you've been left behind. There is always a space over in Section 43 to join the 2012/13 singing section. I bought my season ticket outright last week after weighing up the cons of paying extra for the installments. Once I confessed to the bank manager (partner), i felt better.

One love, one Hibs....

It's turned out good in the wood! Thanks for the offer of the space at Section 43, very kind, but my mate has seen the light, he went down this afternoon with me and we both got our season tickets.

Im a traditionalist, I like to be about the middle of the East Terrace, with a good view of both goals, its a long, long way from my spot to Section 43, but the deals done and im booked up with mate for the new campaign, bring it on!

lucky
07-04-2012, 06:40 AM
I renewed, I was complaining about price, kick off times and poor team. My wife just laughed at me and said if Hibs were playing at midnight on the moon with Jeffreys in charge I'd go.