PDA

View Full Version : Best/worst SPL foreigners

CallumLaidlaw
02-04-2012, 01:31 PM
4-4-2 magazine are running a foreigners special and have listed the best worst for each club. Here's the SPL list -

Aberdeen - theo Snelders/Dave Bus
Celtic - Henrik Larsson
Dundee Utd - Kjell Olofsson/Walter Rojas
Dunfermline - Andrius Skerla/Gjorgi Hristov
Hibs - Franck Sauzee/Eduardo Hurtado
ICT - Richard Hastings/Lionel Djebi-Zadi
Kilmarnock- alexei Eremenko/Danny Invincible
Motherwell - Miodrag Krivokapic/Robert Maas****
Rangers - Brian Laudrup/Oleg Salenko
St Johnstone - Sergei Baltacha/Sammy Youssouf
St Mirren - Gerry Baker/Mo Camara

The dundee Utd player never even played a game for them, he was that bad apparently, after paying £200k for him

.Sean.
02-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Danny Invincible, bit harsh.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2012, 01:41 PM
4-4-2 magazine are running a foreigners special and have listed the best worst for each club. Here's the SPL list -

Aberdeen - theo Snelders/Dave Bus
Celtic - Henrik Larsson
Dundee Utd - Kjell Olofsson/Walter Rojas
Dunfermline - Andrius Skerla/Gjorgi Hristov
Hibs - Franck Sauzee/Eduardo Hurtado
ICT - Richard Hastings/Lionel Djebi-Zadi
Kilmarnock- alexei Eremenko/Danny Invincible
Motherwell - Miodrag Krivokapic/Robert Maas****
Rangers - Brian Laudrup/Oleg Salenko
St Johnstone - Sergei Baltacha/Sammy Youssouf
St Mirren - Gerry Baker/Mo Camara

The dundee Utd player never even played a game for them, he was that bad apparently, after paying £200k for him

No worst player for Celtic......Must be the famous Rafael?

Andy74
02-04-2012, 01:43 PM

Aye, decent player who did well for them for a few years.

Sunny1875
02-04-2012, 01:44 PM

celtic don't sign bad players, the can afford the better ones with all the money they make from the rest of the league

MWHIBBIES
02-04-2012, 01:56 PM
What about that Italian guy who played for Celtic a few years ago, sure they paid a few million for him and he was mince. Donatti or something like that

GreenCastle
02-04-2012, 02:09 PM

In the list it has Rafael Scheidt as their worst.

Hibs it could be the tank - 12 games - 1 goal or Zarabi - just 7 games...

Anyone else ?

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Surprised Sebo never made that list for the huns, and Konte would be in ours before Hurtado imo.

1875er
02-04-2012, 02:17 PM
For the Gers its surely got to be Daniel Prodan... never played a game after being signed whilst crocked.

or Seb Rozenthal

PatHead
02-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Hearts would surely be Anti Niemi as best and cast of thousands for worst

--------
02-04-2012, 02:35 PM

Anyone else ?

Jarkko Wiss?

McLeish signed a bundle of foreign players who failed to make the team - there was an Austrian "defender" by the name of Dietrich, I think? And a couple of French guys who were pretty dire.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Hastings before Rooney for ICT?

easty
02-04-2012, 02:51 PM

Anyone else ?

I dont think Trakys was any better than either of them.

vanNISHtelroy
02-04-2012, 02:59 PM

Definitely! And while Alexi was amazing for most of one season I maybe would have chose someone else there too! All about opinions though!

lapsedhibee
02-04-2012, 03:01 PM
No worst player for Celtic......

Three Hibs players listed though!

The_Exile
02-04-2012, 03:02 PM
How did Peter Van Vossen escape that list? Prodan didn't play, but I bet the Rangers fans wish Van Vossen hadn't eaither!

Harsh on Hurtado, surely Konte should be in before him?!! The only pro footballer I ever saw who ducked from a header!!

pentlando
02-04-2012, 03:05 PM

Anyone else ?

Must be close to Fernando Torres strike rate! What about Fabrice Henry i think it was, sure he was voted one of the worst players to play in the SPL in another edition or something of a similar nature.

jgl07
02-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Must be close to Fernando Torres strike rate! What about Fabrice Henry i think it was, sure he was voted one of the worst players to play in the SPL in another edition or something of a similar nature.

Rubbish. Henry wasn't the best that Hibs signed but way better than the worst.

jgl07
02-04-2012, 03:29 PM

Who was the Swedish 'striker' that Hearts signed with the weird hairdo who made the worst miss against Hibs at Tynie I have ever seen?

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Who was the Swedish 'striker' that Hearts signed with the weird hairdo who made the worst miss against Hibs at Tynie I have ever seen?

Hans eskillson(sp) iirc

Beefster
02-04-2012, 03:47 PM

Niemi is the best and Petric is the worst.

Hurtado is never the worst foreigner to play for Hibs.

neilmartinrocks
02-04-2012, 04:01 PM
How did Peter Van Vossen escape that list? Prodan didn't play, but I bet the Rangers fans wish Van Vossen hadn't eaither!

Harsh on Hurtado, surely Konte should be in before him?!! The only pro footballer I ever saw who ducked from a header!!

the only man i saw who lost hieght jumping for a header!:confused:!

jgl07
02-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Hans eskillson(sp) iirc

That's the guy!

He is now a professional poker player, allegedly.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Niemi is the best and Petric is the worst.

Theres surely loads of Liths passed through Gorgie that were a lot worse than Petric.

Greentinted
02-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Theres surely loads of Liths passed through Gorgie that were a lot worse than Petric.

:agree: yon Barasa felly that played in the LC 1/4 Final '07. Booed off the pitch for bein pish - he was, as they say, one of their own.

And while Skerla was decent at Dunfy, the best they ever had IMO was Istvan Kozma (don't think many Pars fans would disagree).

Viva_Palmeiras
02-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Hans eskillson(sp) iirc

What about that woman/man Thomas Brolin, looks like a lassie, talks like a lassie walks like a lassie.. ;)

hfc rd
02-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Shelton Martis was voted the best for Doncaster.

Pretty Boy
02-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Shelton Martis was voted the best for Doncaster.

How bad must some of their players have been?

lyonhibs
02-04-2012, 09:18 PM
How bad must some of their players have been?

They must really appreciate artistic own goals and/or sign only rank duffers when they look abroad at Doncaster.

Northernhibee
02-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Pretty sure that once we've picked ourselves off the ground and get back into the top six Junior Agogo will be in consideration for this.

He'll absolutely be the epitome of the utterly mediocre journeyman we have had as of late. Incredibly lucky goal against Dundee United aside, I struggle to think of a single positive thing he did.

HibbyAndy
02-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Danny Invincible??? Dont think so.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-04-2012, 10:08 PM
I think that you could easily list a full eleven of crappy foreigners that McLeish signed.

vanNISHtelroy
02-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Danny Invincible??? Dont think so.

Really underrated by some Killie fans, similar to Van Nishtelroy tbh.

R'Albin
03-04-2012, 01:47 AM
Agogo actually won best for one of the other English teams - Barnet?

Broken Gnome
03-04-2012, 04:44 AM
Surely Zibi for Hibs??

Sandy
03-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Surely Zibi for Hibs??

Or Tony Caig, baith sheeeeeeite.

HibeeEmma
03-04-2012, 07:36 AM

He was a decent player from what i remember

Surprised Sebo never made that list for the huns, and Konte would be in ours before Hurtado imo.

Konte did score against Motherwell though which was seemingly the goal that got us into Europe...

Beefster
03-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Or Tony Caig, baith sheeeeeeite.

Caig's English so doesn't count.

Simon70
03-04-2012, 08:33 AM
I nominate Lillian Martin.

Signed by Sauzee because he was his pal, he was embarrassingly off the pace in his first game and never played for us again.

Sandy
03-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Caig's English so doesn't count.

He is a foreigner as far as I am concerned :saltireflag

Andy74
03-04-2012, 09:05 AM
I nominate Lillian Martin.

Signed by Sauzee because he was his pal, he was embarrassingly off the pace in his first game and never played for us again.

Nah, that's nonsens and always is when this one gets trotted out.

We've had players that have played many games for us and have been consistently awful.

Martin actually had a half decent game but hadn't played in a while.

He was signed because we needed a player in that position and he had a very good pedigree. John Collins commented at the time that having played with him at monaco he was a great signing for us.

However, Franck went, Bobby came in, Martin didn't speak much English and didn't play again.

He was nowhere near being one of our worst ever players, foreign or not. He probably wasn't the worst foreign player playing that day.

Simon70
03-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Nah, that's nonsens and always is when this one gets trotted out.

We've had players that have played many games for us and have been consistently awful.

Martin actually had a half decent game but hadn't played in a while.

He was signed because we needed a player in that position and he had a very good pedigree. John Collins commented at the time that having played with him at monaco he was a great signing for us.

However, Franck went, Bobby came in, Martin didn't speak much English and didn't play again.

He was nowhere near being one of our worst ever players, foreign or not. He probably wasn't the worst foreign player playing that day.

I was at his only match and I respectfully disagree. Pedigree or not, he was repeatedly caught in possession in his only game for the club, was not given a second game (even by a manager who is one of his best friends) and is therefore a perfectly reasonable nomination.

xyz23jc
03-04-2012, 10:39 AM

:top marks
:thumbsup:Good shout there Blackpool!

lapsedhibee
03-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Surprised Sebo never made that list for the huns

:top marks
:thumbsup:Good shout there Blackpool!

Yes, agreed. I clearly remember Sebo being runaway winner of a player-of-the-season/decade/century radio poll when he played for HunFC. The radio show host got quite animated about it all. Don't remember Laudrup winning any polls - just that slaver White slavering all over him.

Calasandro
03-04-2012, 05:23 PM
I would have said Frederic Daquin for us. Played during the Williamson era. Woeful to put it mildly.