PDA

View Full Version : Hearts final Accounts

happiehibbie
02-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Does anyone know if they got there accounts audited in time for the 31st march deadline

1two
02-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Is this actually the case that you must have your accounts submitted by march end to be able to play in Europe?

shagpile
02-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Is this actually the case that you must have your accounts submitted by march end to be able to play in Europe?

I would be surprised if hearts have submitted last years accounts yet.

happiehibbie
02-04-2012, 12:49 PM
I have asked some jurnos I know, Noone has came back to me as yet which tells me there is something up

If they have not submitted accounts then Europe is a no go

greenginger
02-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Article A48 of EUFA licencing requirements ( available on SFA web-site ) Audited accounts required by 31st march for period to 30/6/2011 and in addition interim financial statement up until 1/12/2011.

greenginger
03-04-2012, 08:13 AM
One for the Companies Technocrats. Hearts accounts have obviously not been approved by a Hearts AGM ( we would have heard all about it if the circus had come to town :greengrin )

However can Hearts still present their accounts to the SFA if they have not been passed by the Companies AGM ?

Caversham Green
03-04-2012, 08:19 AM
One for the Companies Technocrats. Hearts accounts have obviously not been approved by a Hearts AGM ( we would have heard all about it if the circus had come to town :greengrin )

However can Hearts still present their accounts to the SFA if they have not been passed by the Companies AGM ?

Yes, I think they can. They submitted last year's accouts to Cos Hos before the accounts were presented at the AGM so I would imagine they could do the same for the SFA.

The AGM is for adopting the accounts only, there's no provision for changing them - after all the audit has already been carried out by that time so technically there's nothing to change at the AGM. It's just bad form to publish the accounts before adoption as it treats the shareholders with a degree of contempt, but that's nothing new for the yams.

Jim44
03-04-2012, 11:19 AM

Yes, I think they can. They submitted last year's accouts to Cos Hos before the accounts were presented at the AGM so I would imagine they could do the same for the SFA.

The AGM is for adopting the accounts only, there's no provision for changing them - after all the audit has already been carried out by that time so technically there's nothing to change at the AGM. It's just bad form to publish the accounts before adoption as it treats the shareholders with a degree of contempt, but that's nothing new for the yams.

This answers the technicality aspect but what about the OP? - 'Does anyone know if they actually got their accounts audited in time for the 31st march deadline?' :dunno:

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2012, 11:26 AM
This answers the technicality aspect but what about the OP? - 'Does anyone know if they actually got their accounts audited in time for the 31st march deadline?' :dunno:

The 31st March was the deadline for all clubs in Scotland to furnish the SFA with their financial information. I would therefore imagine that this week will be very busy for the SFA, as they sort through all the last-minute submissions.

I reckon it may be a while before we know the answer to the original question.

Even if they did make the deadline, the SFA Licence rules are quite clear that the audit report should not have a "going concern" qualification.

HFC07
03-04-2012, 11:39 AM
This is not the news we need with them leading up to them playing Dunfermline. I would rather they went into that game thinking there is something to play for.

Mary Hinge
03-04-2012, 12:03 PM
This is not the news we need with them leading up to them playing Dunfermline. I would rather they went into that game thinking there is something to play for.

The great unwashed have already stated their intent in the Evening News.

They'll be playing a weakened team because of the looming Cup semi.

It's hardly surprising that they would pander to Jumbo.

Seveno
03-04-2012, 12:10 PM
The 31st March was the deadline for all clubs in Scotland to furnish the SFA with their financial information. I would therefore imagine that this week will be very busy for the SFA, as they sort through all the last-minute submissions.

I reckon it may be a while before we know the answer to the original question.

Even if they did make the deadline, the SFA Licence rules are quite clear that the audit report should not have a "going concern" qualification.

They might make the 'going' qualification. Are we concerned ? :na na:

CropleyWasGod
03-04-2012, 12:15 PM

If you read the EEN last night, it seems that everybody reckons Europe is still a possibility.

Jones28
03-04-2012, 12:28 PM
They won't even get in

Celtic
Motherwell
Rangers
St Johnstone

:thumbsup:

jgl07
03-04-2012, 01:01 PM
They won't even get in

Celtic
Motherwell
Rangers
St Johnstone

:thumbsup:

Dundee United not Rangers.

Hearts best chance (notwithstanding accounts) is to win the cup. Otherwise they will have to overtake St Johnstone or Dundee United (four point gap to make up).

If Celtic beat Hearts, whoever plays them in the final will be guaranteed a Europa Cup place. Win the Cup would give the Playoff (4th Qualifying) Round and runners up would mean the 2nd Qualifying Round.

MB62
03-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Dundee United not Rangers.

Hearts best chance (notwithstanding accounts) is to win the cup. Otherwise they will have to overtake St Johnstone or Dundee United (four point gap to make up).

If Celtic beat Hearts, whoever plays them in the final will be guaranteed a Europa Cup place. Win the Cup would give the Playoff (4th Qualifying) Round and runners up would mean the 2nd Qualifying Round.

I thought they stopped this a few years back and onlt the cup WINNERS now get in, with the other place now going to the next highest in the league? :confused:

jgl07
03-04-2012, 02:21 PM
I thought they stopped this a few years back and onlt the cup WINNERS now get in, with the other place now going to the next highest in the league? :confused:

No it was not!

The SFA tried this and failed to get it past UEFA.

If the Cup Winners are already qualified for the Champions' League the runners' up get the Europa League place.

lord bunberry
03-04-2012, 02:24 PM

I thought that as well as ross county didn't get into europe

StevieC
03-04-2012, 02:25 PM

There is a Europa Cup spot specifically allocated to the Scottish Cup.
If the winners have qualified for the Champions League then the runners up get the Europa Cup allocation.

StevieC
03-04-2012, 02:30 PM

Because they were beaten by Dundee United, who had not qualified for Champions League.

jgl07
03-04-2012, 02:34 PM

That was because Dundee United won the Cup and took the Europa League place.

It only goes to the runners up if the cup winners are in the Champions' League as was the case with Gretna, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Queen of the South, Dundee United, Dundee, and Aberdeen in recent years.

MB62
03-04-2012, 02:36 PM
No it was not!

The SFA tried this and failed to get it past UEFA.

If the Cup Winners are already qualified for the Champions' League the runners' up get the Europa League place.

Excellent, only one game away from Europe, what a great season! :wink: :greengrin

dangermouse
03-04-2012, 02:44 PM
That was because Dundee United won the Cup and took the Europa League place.

It only goes to the runners up if the cup winners are in the Champions' League as was the case with Gretna, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Queen of the South, Dundee United, Dundee, and Aberdeen in recent years.

So if the unthinkable happens and we get pumped by the Yams in the final, do we get the Europa League place if they haven't filed their accounts?

Jim44
03-04-2012, 03:08 PM
So if the unthinkable happens and we get pumped by the Yams in the final, do we get the Europa League place if they haven't filed their accounts?

The unthinkable won't happen. Celtic won't lose to the Jambos after losing out to Killie in the other cup final. Whether we'll be in the final is another question, tho'.

lord bunberry
03-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Because they were beaten by Dundee United, who had not qualified for Champions League.

Get the beach balls out then. Hibs in Europe would really sicken those manky tramps in gorgie