PDA

View Full Version : Is He Serious?

Brebners Bookie
02-04-2012, 02:35 AM
Someone let Watty out the home again.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/gutless-greedy-gullible.17182292

"But what they have done is wait until one of them is in a weakened position and tried to take advantage. That sums up what the rest of them are like."

"The people who are involved at this moment have seen an opportunity to obviously get more finance from their own point of view but if that happened, without a shadow of a doubt, it would impact on Rangers and Celtic."

Is that meant to bother me?

Apparently the other ten clubs only exist to provide the OF cash for their hugely successful European campaigns.

Pete
02-04-2012, 03:16 AM
This barrage of bad press and smearing of the "ten" was always going to happen. Most of these hacks are old firm sympathisers or glasgow orientated and it shows.
They don't even know how hypocritical they are sounding.
The plus side is that they are all squealing so much that it makes me believe that this reorganising or breaking away is a real possibility. They sound scared.

I really hope we all have the guts to see this through.

TrickyNicky
02-04-2012, 05:00 AM

"But what they have done is wait until one of them is in a weakened position and tried to take advantage. That sums up what the rest of them are like."

"The people who are involved at this moment have seen an opportunity to obviously get more finance from their own point of view but if that happened, without a shadow of a doubt, it would impact on Rangers and Celtic."

Apparently the other ten clubs only exist to provide the OF cash for their hugely successful European campaigns.

No.

It was old uncle Watty's April Fools joke - he knows we'll all get that it was " tongue and cheek" !

Part/Time Supporter
02-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Kinda misses the point that Rantic got the 11-1 voting arrangement in the first place because they "took advantage" of the weakness of the other clubs, when everyone thought there was a significant risk of them being allowed into the English league. Now that bluff has been exposed and Rangers are on their uppers, the other clubs have every right to correct that abuse of power.

cad
02-04-2012, 06:44 AM
There's so many ways to answer ,but just get tae is the best answer .

You had it good for over 140 years you got greedy ****** it up and its everybody else's fault , Watty FFS listen to yourself ,the way both these clubs have influenced Scottish football is the reason its in such a horrific state anybody who wants to throw them a bone is nuts ,think about it , would they do the same for you ,is 140 years not long enough to figure out "The Rest" dont count .

Walter can bang his drum ,scream from the highest roof tops they are kaaking themselves cause "The Rest" will call the shots this time and they dont like it ,there can only be one answer ,separation from the Old Firm , FFs hes just told you , that everybody in Scotland pays and plays to make
The Old Firm what it is and should be grateful for the privilege ,if they fail in Europe its your fault , fcek me I would rather watch Hibs in Europe is that no the whole point instead Im supposed to support a regime thats unjust ,unworkable ,and well past its sell by date.

Mon The Separatist's

NAE NOOKIE
02-04-2012, 06:50 AM
We should be proud in this country that we can produce arrogance of this standard.

Can you imagine if a leading football figure in The Netherlands or Portugal came out with a statement saying that all of the other Dutch or Portuguese clubs should accept being weak in order to keep the handfull of top clubs successfull in Europe?

They would be laughed out of football.

But apparently in Scotland this sort of mindset is looked upon by the press as acceptable. We talk about pinning statements to the dressing room wall when some numpty comes out with an arrogant rant about how his team is so much better than yours and are going to give you a drubbing. The chairmen of the 10 should have that pinned to the wall at their meeting on the 12th of April.

If Walter Smith and his Celtic pal Llawell think that the sum of our Football is to keep the old firm at the top in Europe at the expense of the other 30 odd clubs in Scotland and the majority of the press agree, then I for one would rather see the back of them altogether.

If that means ( as the OF scaremongers would have us believe ) that the SPL drops to the standard of the league of Ireland, then so be it.

At least it will be bloody honest !!!

Keith_M
02-04-2012, 07:14 AM
I put a comment on this story yesterday, criticising the article. There were no cheap shots, insulting terms or foul language but strangely, it's still not appeared on the website.

Anyone ever head of Pravda? :hmmm:

smurf
02-04-2012, 07:21 AM
So says the man who won domestic silverware through cheating. If they lose their HMRC big tax case they must be stripped of all their titles.

richard_pitts
02-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Pathetic attempt to deflect attention from his own part in Rangers demise methinks. Man United spent half of what he did in the transfer market and won the Champions League. Oh and he was an utter flop at Everton. :wink:

Scottish football is currently a European backwater. The reason it is, is because the b(h)igot brothers signed second-rate foreign players and stopped bringing young players on. Then they started signing other people's young talent as an anti-competitive measure after they loaded the finances of the SPL to prevent a repeat of the 1980s. The reason they can't sign the players they want to is because of this: would you play in the competitive EPL or Championship or play in the SPL turkey-shoot? Barry Ferguson chose the latter and everyone else would choose the former two :agree:

down the slope
02-04-2012, 07:35 AM
This part is unbelievable
"Smith said: "If you spread the Rangers and Celtic money amongst everyone, all you would get is a spread. What the other clubs would be seeing is that they will be bringing Rangers and Celtic down towards them, and that will still not mean you have got a totally competitive environment in Scotland. Rangers and Celtic will still win the league which is natural, but it will inhibit their European opportunities."

For stupidity alone it takes a lot of beating but the arrogance takes the biscuit. Lets hope they go to the wall .

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-04-2012, 07:46 AM
So says the man who won domestic silverware through cheating. If they lose their HMRC big tax case they must be stripped of all their titles.

This is the point that seems to be completely glossed over, when is someone going to ask folk like Hateley, Amoruso etc what the big attraction was to sign for Rangers instead of just allowing them lead roles in the journalistic Gers love-in?

Jack
02-04-2012, 08:02 AM
Thank goodness there are a few from the English media taking an interest.

Treadstone
02-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Particularly liked when he said it would inhibit Rantics chances of European success . Walter only a technicality stopped Scottish clubs from being parked out of Europe before September.

Hibrandenburg
02-04-2012, 09:00 AM
The worst thing is that there is an element of truth in what he's saying if you look at it from the OF mindset. Sums up their way of thinking nicely. Well GTF Wally, the times they are a changing ya tube.

Pretty Boy
02-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Walter Smith was, is and always will be a ****ing erse of the highest order.

lapsedhibee
02-04-2012, 09:08 AM
The worst thing is that there is an element of truth in what he's saying if you look at it from the OF mindset.

Yes, in the same way that people who walk around thinkin they're Napoleon are, in a sort of a way, Napoleon, if you look at things purely from their point of view, and ignore everything else, such as the entire external world!

Paisley Hibby
02-04-2012, 09:09 AM

Hmmm - the way Watty and others are going on, you would think there was a huge wad of cash available to Scottish Football. While sharing out what cash is there more fairly would help, it's hardly going to make a big difference to them or us. I would have thought what the 10 are doing is more about trying to bring representative fairness into SPL decision making. However, that's not something Watty and his like would be willing to agree to either - assuming they actually understood the concept of fairness in the first place.

lapsedhibee
02-04-2012, 09:18 AM
This barrage of bad press and smearing of the "ten" was always going to happen. Most of these hacks are old firm sympathisers or glasgow orientated and it shows.
The plus side is that they are all squealing so much that it makes me believe that this reorganising or breaking away is a real possibility.

Le mot juste. Only difference between what's coming from the huns and their apologists and what pigs do when they're dragged to slaughterhouse to be converted into succulent pork being that it's possible for the rest of us to feel sympathy for the pigs. If Alex Thomson and FIFA/UEFA end up getting huns stripped of titles, etc, I will feel pure, unadulterated, joy.

Kato
02-04-2012, 09:22 AM

Sadly true.

smurf
02-04-2012, 09:28 AM
This is the point that seems to be completely glossed over, when is someone going to ask folk like Hateley, Amoruso etc what the big attraction was to sign for Rangers instead of just allowing them lead roles in the journalistic Gers love-in?

Exactly. However, Glasgow based media outlets won't go near any of that.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2012, 10:08 AM
I think the answer to the original question is, yes he's deadly serious.

And he's also a complete bell end too, missing or more importantly ignoring every point raised by anyone not connected to the huns.

greenlex
02-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Out of interest ave we seen BITC since they went into administration?

Jones28
02-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Oops, terribly sorry Walter, I didn't realise that the rest of Scottish football and other supporters were being so selfish! How bad are we? Wanting change after only 140 years of domination by the Old Firm (bar the Aberdeen - Dundee Utd era).

It's as though none of us are happy with state Scottish football has gotten itself into! Gosh, our mistake.

FUD

Typical institutionalised comment from Uncle Walter. The establishment clubs should be served, fed, adored and helped by the other clubs around them. We are nothing but a by-product of Scottish football, the Old Firm are what counts :agree:

We are there to help Rangers and Celtic continue there success in Europe :agree: Bearing in mind that the last time we let them out the cage they trashed Manchester and disgraced Scottish football. Cheers Rangers :aok:

green glory
02-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Oops, terribly sorry Walter, I didn't realise that the rest of Scottish football and other supporters were being so selfish! How bad are we? Wanting change after only 140 years of domination by the Old Firm (bar the Aberdeen - Dundee Utd era).

It's as though none of us are happy with state Scottish football has gotten itself into! Gosh, our mistake.

FUD

Typical institutionalised comment from Uncle Walter. The establishment clubs should be served, fed, adored and helped by the other clubs around them. We are nothing but a by-product of Scottish football, the Old Firm are what counts :agree:

We are there to help Rangers and Celtic continue there success in Europe :agree: Bearing in mind that the last time we let them out the cage they trashed Manchester and disgraced Scottish football. Cheers Rangers :aok:

The establishment club will hopefully be dead by the end of the season. Hopefully this week. Stick that in your hun pipe and smoke it Walter.

twiceinathens
02-04-2012, 12:26 PM
It is tough enough to keep Scotland up there. The people who are involved at this moment have seen an opportunity to obviously get more finance from their own point of view but if that happened, without a shadow of a doubt, it would impact on Rangers and Celtic.
"Because – make no mistake – they are the ones that have to carry that burden," he added. "And that

How can the rest of we ungrateful non Bigot Brothers not appreciate this immense self sacrifice they have made?

What is breathtaking is that in their mixture of megalomania and paranoia they see nothing remarkable about their obvious contempt for the rest of us.

LeithBoozy
02-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Tough toley Wattie, no more the other teams sitting still smiling benevolently whil'st getting ripped-off. The arab spring has arrived in the SP HELL, VIVA THE REBEL'S. :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
02-04-2012, 01:16 PM
The establishment club will hopefully be dead by the end of the season. Hopefully this week. Stick that in your hun pipe and smoke it Walter.

:top marks Champers on ice and another bottle in the cupboard for the yams.

Sunny1875
02-04-2012, 01:24 PM
I think we should all feel privileged to have financed the exporting of the sectarian bile to distant shores. The 'Majority' of clubs are clearly acting on some selfish agenda that the old firm never did.

It's time the next step was taken when the 10 approach the teams in the SFL , Ramp up the pressure on the infirm now while they are squirming

NAE NOOKIE
02-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Yes, in the same way that people who walk around thinkin they're Napoleon are, in a sort of a way, Napoleon, if you look at things purely from their point of view, and ignore everything else, such as the entire external world!

:top marks And only coz there aint a 20/20

Thats brilliant !!!

Baldy Foghorn
02-04-2012, 04:48 PM
His statement shows exactly the contempt that is shown for the other clubs outside the old firm....

The Green Goblin
02-04-2012, 07:41 PM
What a disgrace, but we shouldn't be surprised. It sums up what fans of other clubs have said for years about the arrogance of the OF. That the "safe" BBC media and others daren't ask too many awkward questions is no surprise either. They all, in their own way, simply contribute to the slow death that Scottish football is experiencing.

The other the clubs have a genuine opportunity to at least shake things up and maybe start something which could lead to wider changes for the good of our game. Let's hope they grasp it with both hands.

Kato
02-04-2012, 08:48 PM
What I don't get is the OF seem to think making the game here uncompetitive is good for them when it's plainly not. When they did have teams testing them on regular basis they fared far better in Europe. With the recent policy of keeping everyone in check they barely get past August in those competitions. There is the theory that they were trying to kill the game off up here so EUFA would be compelled to accommodate them elsewhere/england but that ain't gonna happen. If they are serious about competing in Europe they need to be complicit in dragging the whole League up to a better standard, but they are too stupid to see that - and so are the BBC/SPL/SFA et al.

Greentinted
02-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Double standards Bro Wattie?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8994144.stm

I nearly choked on ma Wethers Originals. Hypocritical old goat!

Green Cabbage 7
02-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Oh well that us back in our place cause we should know thats what happens in every league, I mean all the spanish clubs only play to make madrid and barcelona stronger the same I'm england for man u and co ac milan and juventus in italy and so on I right walt. Anyway would much prefer a more competitive scottish league then maybe the league could show signs of growth