PDA

View Full Version : McPake & Kujabi & Support Today

The Harp Awakes
01-04-2012, 10:16 PM
These 2 guys have been superb for hibs since signing. Great to see the delight on the players faces after the game today and nice touch to throw the shirts into the crowd. It was a tough 90 minutes but we stuck in. Every Hibs fan at the game today deserves a pat on the back particularly after the last 2 performances:flag:

GGTTH

God Petrie
01-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Great support today.

It's comforting to know that we still have a great die-hard support. It's no coincidence that we won against ICT and Kilmarnock which are two venues that only the hardcore support really go to with minimal fuds getting on the players backs.

The Harp Awakes
01-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Great support today.

It's comforting to know that we still have a great die-hard support. It's no coincidence that we won against ICT and Kilmarnock which are two venues that only the hardcore support really go to with minimal fuds getting on the players backs.#

Spot on. It was noticeable today that the supporters got behind the team even when we struggled in the 1st half. Going to away games is much more enjoyable than going to Easter Road these days:agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
02-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Great support today.

It's comforting to know that we still have a great die-hard support. It's no coincidence that we won against ICT and Kilmarnock which are two venues that only the hardcore support really go to with minimal fuds getting on the players backs.

SO we only win when there is no fuds about.... if only it was that easy. :rolleyes:

DaveF
02-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Great support today.

Great. A look at me, I'm an uberfan post.

Did the fuds not moan loud enough at Dunfermline or St Mirren?

Jay
02-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Great support today.

Well then I propose for the SC final, if we get there, they make it a closed doors game and guarantee us a win. Next season take it further and win the league - go us :flag:

:rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
02-04-2012, 08:53 AM

Exactly.

Whilst I take my hats off to the guys who went up yesterday and backed the side they aren't the reason we won.

We won because we took our 3 chances when they came along and ICT didn't.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Great support today.

That's funny on so many levels. :aok:

GreenCastle
02-04-2012, 09:18 AM
These 2 guys have been superb for hibs since signing. Great to see the delight on the players faces after the game today and nice touch to throw the shirts into the crowd. It was a tough 90 minutes but we stuck in. Every Hibs fan at the game today deserves a pat on the back particularly after the last 2 performances:flag:

GGTTH

The positive for me about these two are that they genuinely seem like they care and give their all each week.

Yes they both have weaknesses but they are players fans want to see - working hard and getting stuck in while also the occasional bit of skill also - the basics you would expect from a pro player.

Hopefully we can keep hold of McPake - leadership we need :agree:

RIP
02-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Pat Fenlon clocked this in his first game. His Hibs TV interviews concentrate on how players prefer playing away from home cos a lot of our ER attendees get nervous and get on the players backs. Away managers have started to repeat this to THEIR players as encouragement to get a first goal. Commentators and journos have also documented this phenomenon. Pat was bigging up our away support before Sunday's game

If we accept we have a challenge to overcome at ER we can work together to address it. For some of us I guess it's easier to bury our heids in the sand and saying the only problem is the players.

Personally I think the next person that types the word uberfan or fud should remember we are all passionate Hibbies. There aren't different types of Hibs supporter - a Hibs supporter backs the team through thick and thin. We should not be arguing amongst ourselves - we should be united

Hibbyradge
02-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Pat Fenlon clocked this in his first game. His Hibs TV interviews concentrate on how players prefer playing away from home cos a lot of our ER attendees get nervous and get on the players backs. Away managers have started to repeat this to THEIR players as encouragement to get a first goal. Commentators and journos have also documented this phenomenon. Pat was bigging up our away support before Sunday's game

If we accept we have a challenge to overcome at ER we can work together to address it. For some of us I guess it's easier to bury our heids in the sand and saying the only problem is the players.

Personally I think the next person that types the word uberfan should be shot. There aren't different types of Hibs supporter - a Hibs supporter backs the team through thick and thin. We should be arguing amongst ourselves - we should be united

Uberposter alert.

Judas Iscariot
02-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Uberfanny

Antifa Hibs
02-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Think the majority of the fans were too pissed to realise what is going on yesterday to moan and shout abuse :greengrin

Good wee support yesterday. :aok:

lyonhibs
02-04-2012, 10:01 AM

Personally I think the next person that types the word uberfan should be shot. There aren't different types of Hibs supporter - a Hibs supporter backs the team through thick and thin. We should be arguing amongst ourselves - we should be united

Personally, I think the next person who calls a fellow Hibs fan a "fud" because he/she has voiced their displeasure at some of the absolute turgid rubbish they've been subjected to at ER should be shot.

California-Hibs
02-04-2012, 10:02 AM
ESPN commented that there was only 150 Hibs fans there?! Surely this must be a record low for a long long time?

Antifa Hibs
02-04-2012, 10:07 AM
ESPN commented that there was only 150 Hibs fans there?! Surely this must be a record low for a long long time?

I would've thought double that.

What happens when folk can't be ersed with the effort involved...

Incidentally, a wee question. Those at the derby and coming out with the 'its embarrassing we only sold 1800 tickets for the derby, its the biggest game of the season', did you go yesterday? There was 3 points up for grabs at Tynie, there was 3 points up for grabs yesterday, equally as important, no..?

FastEddieFelson
02-04-2012, 10:09 AM

are you surprised though? playing pish, on tv, in inverness?

as for the home support, it really is abysmal at times. there was a moment in the dundee united game when it was still nil nil, we had the ball in the centre of the pitch, passing it in between players, but the majority of the crowd was screaming in anger at the fact we weren't showing more urgency to get the ball up the park as soon as possible. i just don't understand that attitude. if we've still got the ball, what's the problem? some fans still seem to have this remarkable expectation that because we're at home, we should be beating most teams comfortably.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Personally, I think the next person who calls a fellow Hibs fan a "fud" because he/she has voiced their displeasure at some of the absolute turgid rubbish they've been subjected to at ER should be shot.

Personally, I think anyone who wants to shoot another Hibs fan, for whatever reason, should be shot.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2012, 10:12 AM
are you surprised though? playing pish, on tv, in inverness?

as for the home support, it really is abysmal at times. there was a moment in the dundee united game when it was still nil nil, we had the ball in the centre of the pitch, passing it in between players, but the majority of the crowd was screaming in anger at the fact we weren't showing more urgency to get the ball up the park as soon as possible. i just don't understand that attitude. if we've still got the ball, what's the problem? some fans still seem to have this remarkable expectation that because we're at home, we should be beating most teams comfortably.

I dont know anyone who thinks that, i do know a few who want us to have a go at the opposition though, and want us to try and at least go forward? :confused:

Personally i dont go into any game these days expecting us to win, home or away?

oconnors_strip
02-04-2012, 10:16 AM

I was there yesterday and would say there was easily 300 hibees! Espn couldn't count sheep!

Hibbyradge
02-04-2012, 10:36 AM
I think the players we've got have more ability than they're currently showing, but they're lacking confidence and it looks like they're scared that they will make the mistake which will cost us the game.

I saw players who I know have skill, refusing to even take a touch before punting the ball forward, such was their desire to avoid any potential danger.

However, when we equalised then went in front, the confidence started to return and I thought we looked a lot better. I'm hopeful that as/if the threat of relegation recedes, we'll see a more relaxed approach resulting in better individual performances.

People shouldn't underestimate the negative effect the boo boys have on players though. Screaming abuse at someone doesn't make them play better. It makes them worse and the destructive self defeating spiral grows momentum.

Support, tolerance and encouragement helps players and helps the team, but too many people don't care about that.

The primal need to vent their life's frustrations on someone who can't answer back is just too overwhelming.

lyonhibs
02-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Personally, I think anyone who wants to shoot another Hibs fan, for whatever reason, should be shot.

Very true - I wasn't actually being serious, just providing the "other side of the coin" to the point being made in the post I quoted.

I have been a "fan from afar" for the past couple of years, and only been to a few games in Xmas holidays etc, but, despite this, and my frequent insistences to Huns/Yam/Sheep mates that "I don't really care anymore" (purely as a vehicle to get them to shut up after out latest disappointing defeat), I - as I'm sure many do - still listen in to the dirge that is Radio Scotland/watch every game we can/look in religiously to every match updates thread here on. net.

I know it's been an enormously trying season - hell, there's been more downs than ups for about 5 years now - but watching Hibs run out onto the pitch is still one of the greatest sights in world football, even if what follows is not :greengrin .

I'm heading up for the semi-final, and will be like a kid on Christmas morning getting on the train at LKC on the Friday.

GGTTH :flag:

Hibbyradge
02-04-2012, 11:14 AM

Very true - I wasn't actually being serious, just providing the "other side of the coin" to the point being made in the post I quoted.

:tumble:

--------
02-04-2012, 11:52 AM
I think the players we've got have more ability than they're currently showing, but they're lacking confidence and it looks like they're scared that they will make the mistake which will cost us the game.

I saw players who I know have skill, refusing to even take a touch before punting the ball forward, such was their desire to avoid any potential danger.

However, when we equalised then went in front, the confidence started to return and I thought we looked a lot better. I'm hopeful that as/if the threat of relegation recedes, we'll see a more relaxed approach resulting in better individual performances.

People shouldn't underestimate the negative effect the boo boys have on players though. Screaming abuse at someone doesn't make them play better. It makes them worse and the destructive self defeating spiral grows momentum.

Support, tolerance and encouragement helps players and helps the team, but too many people don't care about that.

The primal need to vent their life's frustrations on someone who can't answer back is just too overwhelming.

:agree:

Our away form is good enough for 6th place. Our home form is worse than anyone else's bar Dunfermline's.

The points split is 9-17, home-away. We've scored 12 in 16 at home, 21 in 16 away.

There's something toxic about home games.

FastEddieFelson
02-04-2012, 11:57 AM

Our away form is good enough for 6th place. Our home form is worse than anyone else's bar Dunfermline's.

The points split is 9-17, home-away. We've scored 12 in 16 at home, 21 in 16 away.

the new east stand

--------
02-04-2012, 12:08 PM
the new east stand

That's just a building - more likely something to do with the atmosphere generated by the home crowd, is what I was thinking?

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2012, 12:13 PM
I think blaming the crowd is just an excuse, i sit in the east and its much better than 2 or 3 years ago. The abuse then was vile, especially towards Colin Nish. These days its nowhere near the same, plus the singing section are doing their bit.

A poor team are the reason we are where we are, if we all started cheering from the 1st minute to the last, this lot wouldn't suddenly become better players.

Would anyone be happy to start next season with this lot, if the support decided to cheer them all game?

RIP
02-04-2012, 12:28 PM
I think blaming the crowd is just an excuse, i sit in the east and its much better than 2 or 3 years ago. The abuse then was vile, especially towards Colin Nish. These days its nowhere near the same, plus the singing section are doing their bit.

A poor team are the reason we are where we are, if we all started cheering from the 1st minute to the last, this lot wouldn't suddenly become better players.

Would anyone be happy to start next season with this lot, if the support decided to cheer them all game?

I'd agree to a point G. Unfortunately it's the direct abuse from folk pitchside and behind the dugout that players tend to hear. "You are *hite Stevenson", "You are a fat *astard O'Connor" and "Sproule - will you GTF* are real examples of what has been shouted this season. That and whatever the "East Stand Numpty" shouted to Leigh.

Excellent motivation techniques :rolleyes:

patlowe
02-04-2012, 12:44 PM

That's frightening when you consider we scored 3 in games against Dundee Utd and St Johnstone at ER.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2012, 12:48 PM
I'd agree to a point G. Unfortunately it's the direct abuse from folk pitchside and behind the dugout that players tend to hear. "You are *hite Stevenson", "You are a fat *astard O'Connor" and "Sproule - will you GTF* are real examples of what has been shouted this season. That and whatever the "East Stand Numpty" shouted to Leigh.

Excellent motivation techniques :rolleyes:

:agree: All wrong and should never be accepted, but i have heard the same things said at away games too.

We need better players, players with more of a spine and players who roll their sleeves up and get on with it, rather than react to the crowd. as i said, it shouldnt happen, but it does, it also happens at other grounds, we are not the only ones it happens to.

We are the only ones who's players react in the way they do though, and that says more about their attitudes too, they'd rather blame someone else than look in the mirror.

--------
02-04-2012, 12:57 PM
That's frightening when you consider we scored 3 in games against Dundee Utd and St Johnstone at ER.

Our home record is: Played 16, won 1, drawn 6, lost 9, goals for 12, against 28, points 9.
Our away record is: Played 16, won 5, drawn 2, lost 9, goals for 21, against 33, points 17.

If we had Hearts' home record we'd have 47 points and be in the top 6. Like Dunfermline, we're being killed by our home form.

Maybe Blackpool's right, and it's just that the players are no good. Or maybe not. Maybe the abuse some of the home regulars launch at them makes it difficult for them to produce anything liek their best form at home.

Stoke don't field anything liek the best 11 players in the EPL at the Britannia, but their crowd don't half get behind them and lift them.

FWIW, I don't think there's any one simple reason why Hibs have been declining over the last 5 years, but I don't think it's a case of us just happening to have signed up the four worst managers in the world, and then signed the worst four playing-squads in the world either.

It goes deeper.

Bostonhibby
02-04-2012, 06:42 PM

I've seen Hibs get beat at ICT, I've been to Sweden, France twice, Belgium, Hungary, Italy and Norway to see Hibs in Europe, do I get a badge?:greengrin

weonlywon6-2
02-04-2012, 07:00 PM
I think the players we've got have more ability than they're currently showing, but they're lacking confidence and it looks like they're scared that they will make the mistake which will cost us the game.I saw players who I know have skill, refusing to even take a touch before punting the ball forward, such was their desire to avoid any potential danger.

this is it for me with Hibs.

we just need confidence and we WILL be a lot better:thumbsup: