PDA

View Full Version : Question Should Ross County be allowed to groundshare with ICT next season?

iwasthere1972
01-04-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm against it on the basis that ICT could have two more home games than all the other teams in the league and it could prove crucial if they take points "away from home" against Ross County and they narrowly avoid relegation. Or maybe even pip us for a European spot. :greengrin

Discuss.

zlatan
01-04-2012, 09:01 PM
I really enjoyed the trip to Dingwall for the cup game (minus the game part) and the main reason I wanted us to stay up was because I was looking forward to doing it again.

So for that reason alone, no.

Sylar
01-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Don't have an issue with it, nor could the SPL try and wiggle out of it being a valid option, having offered ICT the same luxury.

It should only be for a few months until Victoria Park is fit for purpose.

El Gubbz
01-04-2012, 09:03 PM
I think it's a great idea. 2 wins in a row at ICT

Nuitdelune
01-04-2012, 09:04 PM
I really enjoyed the trip to Dingwall for the cup game (minus the game part) and the main reason I wanted us to stay up was because I was looking forward to doing it again.

So for that reason alone, no.

Yes, it is a cosy stadium with good pies

Good pies at ICT today but a hell hole otherwise, but I guess this is not the point of the thread!

CallumLaidlaw
01-04-2012, 09:04 PM
The SPL stadium rules are ridiculous so if that's what it takes for a club to come up then so be it. Didn't have a problem with Gretna playing at Motherwell

iwasthere1972
01-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Don't have an issue with it, nor could the SPL try and wiggle out of it being a valid option, having offered ICT the same luxury.

It should only be for a few months until Victoria Park is fit for purpose.

In that case I wouldn't have a problem provided that they don't play ICT as a home game until Victoria Park is ready.

Simples. :aok:

zlatan
01-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Yes, it is a cosy stadium with good pies

Good pies at ICT today but a hell hole otherwise, but I guess this is not the point of the thread!

As far as a pub, ground and train station radius goes, there can't be a better club in Scotland? All hail Ross County!

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2012, 09:32 PM
I would rather that they had to share with Dundee, at least for our games against them.

Eyrie
01-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Yes.

They've run away with Division One so deserve promotion and should not be denied it because the work on their ground isn't going to be ready in time.

NAE NOOKIE
01-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Yes

Went to Dingwall a while back for the cup tie. Friendly welcome, pubs 5 mins from the ground. Good away day.

Welcome up the Staggies.

Hibernia&Alba
01-04-2012, 10:17 PM
They deserve their chance in the SPL, and I only wish they could do so at their own ground for the benefit of their fans and their team

frazeHFC
01-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Definately. They have shown they thoroughly deserve a chance at the SPL. If they can win the league by what looks like a lot of points, yet can't go up, its an absolute joke.

And yeah, the Caley Stadium pies are amazing. :greengrin