nonshinyfinish
01-04-2012, 08:08 PM
I'd be raging.

Westie1875
01-04-2012, 08:09 PM
This (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17575610) to you

(the Killie STH agreed to this)

I for one wouldn't be happy

I think the Hibs board would know better than to propose such an idea to our supporters these days, it would never happen.

Irish_Steve
01-04-2012, 08:10 PM
The Tache will be kicking every cat he sees tonite - imagine all that extra revenue lol

BroxburnHibee
01-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Not a chance in hell!!!

greenlex
01-04-2012, 08:13 PM
If it would help get better players in then yup I would go for that. Nothing to play for so let them have their title party at the san siro.

Baldy Foghorn
01-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Killie selling their souls for a quick buck, the sort of attitude that will probably be utilised when pandering to the Old Firm's need, regarding new league proposals...

TheUsualSuspect
01-04-2012, 08:17 PM
I'd be raging.

I too would be raging....all the way to the bank :greengrin

I wouldn't be happy about that but lets face it, it will be a sell out and not many teams can turn that sort of money (boost) down just now! Even if they didn't do this Celtic fans will get in, but they would be sitting next to Killie fans and thats just not cool.

In saying that I hope killie win!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Remember when the Huns beat us 1-0 to win the league. That day we needed to keep it to 1 so's we ended 3rd so we had something to play for. Well remember the boys who stood on the window ledges of the corporates in the FF to block the view of the Huns inside.

cocopops1875
01-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Have to say i understand everyones feelings However, think about the shambles at dunfermline they were lucky if they had 3000 fans scattered over 2 stands and we were all crammed into one stand so they had to open another one with little to no facilities, killie are the same i don't see much wrong with making the most of the space available. Also more cash means the chance of better players coming in :pfgwa

Onion
01-04-2012, 08:21 PM
What a terrible attitude from Killie. Maybe their team will also roll over to get their tummy tickled :roll eyes:

As far as I was aware the SPL title is still up for grabs and every team has a duty to do all they can within reason to win their match. This is just lying down to Celtic. The SPL should step in and prevent them doing this.

Saorsa
01-04-2012, 08:21 PM

I for one wouldn't be happyI'd tell the in nae uncertain terms where tae go, if they ever tried tae move me out of my seat tae accommodate that **** I'd tell them they could keep my seat permanently, I'd no be back. It's bad enough having OF supporters in one stand.

easty
01-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Killie selling their souls for a quick buck, the sort of attitude that will probably be utilised when pandering to the Old Firm's need, regarding new league proposals...

that was my first thought.

Saorsa
01-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Killie selling their souls for a quick buck, the sort of attitude that will probably be utilised when pandering to the Old Firm's need, regarding new league proposals...:agree: just like they bottled it the last time :bitchy:

BEEJ
01-04-2012, 08:23 PM

Did Killie not do something similar for the Huns a couple of years ago on their league title decider day?

If so, they would be accused of bias if they denied the Hoops the same courtesies.

(Still wouldn't entertain the idea at ER, mind.)

Hibercelona
01-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Not to mention the risk of your seat not being there for the next game....

http://i26.tinypic.com/157dxm9.jpg

.Sean.
01-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Have the thousands of Killie cup-final gloryhunters deserted them already?

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2012, 08:29 PM
If Celtc really want as many fans as possible to see them winning the league, then all they have to do is make sure they don't score against Killie? Then win it at home?

Bristolhibby
01-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Is it me or do the Old Firm tend to win the league at away grounds?

Scratching my head but I can't remember them winning at Ipox or Porkheid.

Can any stattos confirm?

Hibernia&Alba
01-04-2012, 08:31 PM
If those seats are otherwise empty, why not earn some money for the club? Rugby Park is never more than a quarter full. Earn some big money in a match that means nothing to them and pay some bills. The greater good?

SloopJB
01-04-2012, 08:32 PM
If Celtc really want as many fans as possible to see them winning the league, then all they have to do is make sure they don't score against Killie? Then win it at home?
I think it's more that Killie want to maximise their income by getting as many celtic supporters to pay to get in.

StevieC
01-04-2012, 08:35 PM
I think it is a "logical" decision from the Killie supporters.
I doubt that any of them will have wanted to move, but the prospect of around £150k getting added to their summer spending budget is too good an opportunity to miss.

jgl07
01-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Did Killie not do something similar for the Huns a couple of years ago on their league title decider day?

If so, they would be accused of bias if they denied the Hoops the same courtesies.

(Still wouldn't entertain the idea at ER, mind.)

No they rejected the proposal and were slagged off for it in the press.

This is a somewhat different situation to Hibs.

Killie have a 18,000 plus capacity with a typical home crowd of 3,500-4,000. It would only require a few season ticket holders to be relocated. The impact on Hibs would be massive.

To be fair to Killie, they polled the support and are abiding by the result.

PaulSmith
01-04-2012, 08:42 PM
It would make sense for Hibs to give the whole South plus half the West next season to the OF.

cocopops1875
01-04-2012, 08:44 PM
did you see 25,000 at ER after our cup win ?

marinello59
01-04-2012, 08:47 PM
It would make sense for Hibs to give the whole South plus half the West next season to the OF.

Why not half of the East? The concourse is designed for segregation over there. :devil:

Hibernia&Alba
01-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Why not half of the East? The concourse is designed for segregation over there. :devil:

:fishin:

Nae Ostpolitik fae the wan shoes. Never :devil:

madabouthibs
01-04-2012, 08:52 PM
I reckon its fair enough, it'll pay for a new pitch and its not as if the Killie fans are ever gonna fill it, even after winning a trophy! Who said other SPL clubs don't need OF money eh??? If I was a Hibs STH, and we were doing maybe a 3500 to 4500 gate every fortnight in a 20k stadium I'd probably say yes too, but I wouldn't bother going!. :agree:

cocopops1875
01-04-2012, 08:53 PM

Coz us in the east are uberfans don't you know:greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
01-04-2012, 08:54 PM

MJ was criticised by the Killie fans last season after the rangers game last year for the number of rangers fans who were in the home stands with us. This way is better, there won't be more Killie fans at the game than fit in the Frank Beattie Stand.

smurf
01-04-2012, 09:22 PM
I think it is a "logical" decision from the Killie supporters.
I doubt that any of them will have wanted to move, but the prospect of around £150k getting added to their summer spending budget is too good an opportunity to miss.

The way I see it too.

Sylar
01-04-2012, 09:32 PM
The filthy pigs could go **** themselves.

The thought of three stands being occupied by that s**m, belting out their IRA pish and celebrating en masse in our stadium is absolutely disgusting.

With Kilmarnock, it simply suggests they're desperate for money - if it were us, it would do utterly NOTHING to get rid of this "little cousin" pish.

Jamesie
01-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Wait a minute - Celtic still need a point to guarantee the title do they not?

So are Killie offering that as part of the deal too? :confused:

Horse
01-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Sadly, Kilmarnock cannot say no to this - they won't fill the home end and Celtic gloryhunters from ayrshire would get tickets for the home end anyway and this means Killie can reluctantly take the cash from selling an extra 6000 tickets or so to the artificial "supporters" who jump on the old firm bandwagon. I'm sure Killie would love to be in a position to sell as 10000 or so tickets to their own fans and tell the bigoted trolls to F-off back to their slums, especially as they have just one a cup but the sad reality is that there are probably more Celtic gloryhunters in Kilmarnock than there are Killie fans which tells you everything about why Scottish football would be so much better without the old firm - if even half of these gloryhunters followed their local teams then we'd have a far more interesting league. Respect to the Killie fans who do turn out to support their local team, if only there were more like them.

As for Hibs situation, we have up until recently been able to get enough numbers through the home gates to justify only giving the OF one stand - however, if the decline in crowds continues then it will only be a matter of time before Hibs start to look at the half empty East stand and start to think about the potential to increase the away allocation. We can either moan about it or get of our erses and start to turn up in numbers no matter how good or bad we are. That way the board would never be able to justify giving the filth more tickets. It's all very well moaning about the lack of expenditure on the team while you sit there at home or in the pub funding Rupert Murdocks empire and then also moaning because the club want to give your empty seat to an away fan to help increase expenditure on the team.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2012, 10:52 PM
I would be boycotting the match in question, refusing to buy a season ticket next year and demanding the person responsible for making this decision be removed from their position.

It's bad enough having them in one stand, let alone three! :bitchy:

It'll be like a mini home game for Celtic next week! :rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba
01-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Sadly, Kilmarnock cannot say no to this - they won't fill the home end and Celtic gloryhunters from ayrshire would get tickets for the home end anyway and this means Killie can reluctantly take the cash from selling an extra 6000 tickets or so to the artificial "supporters" who jump on the old firm bandwagon. I'm sure Killie would love to be in a position to sell as 10000 or so tickets to their own fans and tell the bigoted trolls to F-off back to their slums, especially as they have just one a cup but the sad reality is that there are probably more Celtic gloryhunters in Kilmarnock than there are Killie fans which tells you everything about why Scottish football would be so much better without the old firm - if even half of these gloryhunters followed their local teams then we'd have a far more interesting league. Respect to the Killie fans who do turn out to support their local team, if only there were more like them.

As for Hibs situation, we have up until recently been able to get enough numbers through the home gates to justify only giving the OF one stand - however, if the decline in crowds continues then it will only be a matter of time before Hibs start to look at the half empty East stand and start to think about the potential to increase the away allocation. We can either moan about it or get of our erses and start to turn up in numbers no matter how good or bad we are. That way the board would never be able to justify giving the filth more tickets. It's all very well moaning about the lack of expenditure on the team while you sit there at home or in the pub funding Rupert Murdocks empire and then also moaning because the club want to give your empty seat to an away fan to help increase expenditure on the team.

Good post right here. Fine points made.

Part/Time Supporter
02-04-2012, 06:42 AM
St. Johnstone used to do this all the time for the OF, it wasn't very popular and they haven't done it since coming back up. They also did it once against the Jambos in 97/98, only for that lot to do one of their vanishing acts and watch the game in Diggers et al instead.

I guess the Killie fans will pretty much tolerate any rubbish the board serves them for the rest of the season after winning a cup.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2012, 08:15 AM
You just know what the papers will be saying on Monday.

Scottish football would die without the away support the old firm bring, look at this, look at how much money the old firm put into other clubs.

:rolleyes:

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Killie always seem to do this anyway for league games with the ugly sisters with their fans at both ends of the ground, Killie have a tiny support so I suppose it makes financial sense to them, it wouldn't happen at Easter Road in any shape or form although I'm sure these arrogant cretins would worm their way in to our parts of the ground as they have done before.

Fluck them...:agree:

Joe Baker II
02-04-2012, 10:15 AM

Do not think this stands up to scrutiny, Killie's average crowd of 5,000 or so probably consists of (at least - if ones does the mathematics may be more) 10-12,000 reasonably regular fans (very few supporters of any club go to absolutely every game) and I would have thought they had not much more than that at final.

WhileTheChief..
02-04-2012, 10:34 AM
So just when fans up and down the country are saying we can cope with life without the OF we have the Killie chairman pandering to them for some extra cash. Whilst I can understand the logic behind it, the timing stinks and as previosuly mentioned it undermines the 10s argument for change.

I trust Hibs will never do the same.

jgl07
02-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Do not think this stands up to scrutiny, Killie's average crowd of 5,000 or so probably consists of (at least - if ones does the mathematics may be more) 10-12,000 reasonably regular fans (very few supporters of any club go to absolutely every game) and I would have thought they had not much more than that at final.

Firstly I doubt that Killie average anywhere near 5,000 when you remove the visiting support.

Typical crowds against the likes of Hibs, Hearts, and Aberdeen have been in the region of 4,200-4,300. Against the likes of St Johnstone you are looking at less than 4,000. They appear to get bigger gates from time to time. This suggests that a number of complementary tickets may have been dished out.

I would be very surprised if Killie have more that a hard core of 3,000 regulars and probably the same number of casual supporters who pick their games to attend. They obviously have another 10,000 who will come out if they reach a major final.

The casual supporters would probably be less likely to go to an old firm celebratory fest like next weekend.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2012, 11:41 AM
I think if the question was, "Would you be prepared to move seat for one game, in order to help keep your club afloat", responses may be more favourable.

I'm sure the Killie fans will be irritated, I know I would be, but if I had to swallow a bit of pride to help my club in the longer term, it would be selfish not to.

It's a slight inconvenience for a couple of hours, not the end of the world.

Diclonius
02-04-2012, 11:52 AM
did you see 25,000 at ER after our cup win ?

Well we did sell out.

Jim44
02-04-2012, 11:54 AM
OK , at best it can be passed off as sensible financial housekeeping but in reality it's the proverbial doffing the cap and reassuring the Old Firm that their continued presence in the SPL is indispensible and a nod and a wink to Rangers that they can rely on Killie to vote in favour of their remaining up there with Celtic as if nothing had ever happened.

hibee92
02-04-2012, 11:58 AM
i'd be absolutely fuming.

--------
02-04-2012, 12:03 PM
So just when fans up and down the country are saying we can cope with life without the OF we have the Killie chairman pandering to them for some extra cash. Whilst I can understand the logic behind it, the timing stinks and as previosuly mentioned it undermines the 10s argument for change.

I trust Hibs will never do the same.

The fans may be saying it, the chairmen aren't.

There's a world of difference between wanting a more equitable, more even-handed sharing of the TV revenues, and claiming we can go on just as we are without Rangers and Celtic in the League.

If the OF weren't playing in the SPL - say they were playing in England, or in a Northern European League - I'm quite sure there would still be a Scottish Football League, maybe even a Scottish Premier League - but there would be a lot less money coming into the game, and most if not all teams would probably be part-timers.

Perhaps a number of the top clubs would be able to employ a number of full-timers, but I couldn't see even Hibs or Hearts having more than a few on their books.

Things would have to change radically, and not all for the better. The OF would still be there - just not playing at ER or Tynie or Tannadice or Fir Park. What we need is a fairer structure in the SPL, not a mini-SPL with the OF playing in the English Championship or EPL.

Thinking back to the days of open terrace and non-segregated crowds, I reckon we've had quite a few games at ER where the away fans outnumbered the home fans on a day when the visitors won the Championship.

So I agree with Mr Radge - it's a slight inconvenience for a couple of hours, not the end of the world.

And if there IS damage to the seats, I think the rule is that Celtic will pay for the repairs?

And there's always the chance that Celtic might lose ...

Joe Baker II
02-04-2012, 01:57 PM
As Doddie says in previous years there were several games where the away fans outnumbered the home fans, including the odd time when Hibs fans in the away support were in the majority. And these were the games I recall loving football for because of the atmosphere geenrated by both set of fans - depressing that some modern so-called supporters seem to be so hostile to such a scenario.

With regard to season ticket renewal the fact that despite an increase in capacity Hibs seem to prefer empty seats to a more equal mix of home and away supporters just deters many fans from buying season tickets (or even going at all in some cases) as the end result is a ground with minimal atmosphere, even for so-called bigger games. And there is no need for Hibs to go to the extremes that Killie have done - even doubling away allocation would still result in them having under 40% of the stadium capacity.

Impressed with the Kilmarnock fans voting 95-5% in favour if true - would imagine it would have it share of fans with tunnel-vision too.

--------
02-04-2012, 02:21 PM
As Doddie says in previous years there were several games where the away fans outnumbered the home fans, including the odd time when Hibs fans in the away support were in the majority. And these were the games I recall loving football for because of the atmosphere geenrated by both set of fans - depressing that some modern so-called supporters seem to be so hostile to such a scenario.

With regard to season ticket renewal the fact that despite an increase in capacity Hibs seem to prefer empty seats to a more equal mix of home and away supporters just deters many fans from buying season tickets (or even going at all in some cases) as the end result is a ground with minimal atmosphere, even for so-called bigger games. And there is no need for Hibs to go to the extremes that Killie have done - even doubling away allocation would still result in them having under 40% of the stadium capacity.

Impressed with the Kilmarnock fans voting 95-5% in favour if true - would imagine it would have it share of fans with tunnel-vision too.

I don't think Killie are looking at having this sort of division in the crowd every time they play the OF, but if they were to manage to get even another 2,000 seats filled every time the OF came to Rugby Park, that would be a fairly decent increase in revenue - at £20 a seat it would be another £160,000 a year on the credit side of the books. If they get 15,000 in for the Celtic game they'd take in around £300,000 - fill the ground, and they're looking at nearly £400,000.

cwilliamson85
02-04-2012, 02:44 PM
If a Killie ST has not replied that surely counts as a vote not to move.

They pay there money to sit in there chosen seat and will not have to move for anybody!

I would be raging in Hibs done this and they would lose any future income towards the club from me if they forced me to move from my seat to get a few thousand more smeltic fans through the door.

vanNISHtelroy
02-04-2012, 03:05 PM
They pay there money to sit in there chosen seat and will not have to move for

Don't have a season ticket any more because I do the turnstiles, but pretty sure it is mentioned alternative seating may be used due to different factors.

I think MJ has got a lot of stick for this while he has made a decent decision for the good of the club and her fans.

Keith_M
02-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Don't have a season ticket any more because I do the turnstiles, but pretty sure it is mentioned alternative seating may be used due to different factors.

I think MJ has got a lot of stick for this while he has made a decent decision for the good of the club and her fans.

FWIW, I think you're getting a lot of unneccesary stick over this on here. Money IS tight and if both the club and fans are OK with this, then that's your decision to make and is nobody else's business.

Oh and please beat them on the day and spoil the party, thanks. :wink:

cocopops1875
02-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Well we did sell out.

yeah i remember it being a derby :wink: however killie have had a home match since the cup win (maybe more than 1) so did we keep the high gates going ?

vanNISHtelroy
02-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Oh and please beat them on the day and spoil the party, thanks. :wink:

We'll try our best.

From what I've heard the tickets for the east stand for septic have sold out this morning.

weonlywon6-2
02-04-2012, 04:18 PM

not a great idea at easter road but killie,yeah understand why they are doing it.

its all about money and survival these days

NAE NOOKIE
02-04-2012, 07:35 PM
I for one dont have a problem with this. My thoughts on the current situation vis a vis clubs stupidly getting to the situation where they RELY on revenue from the OF are well documented.

But when the chance presents its self to wring as much cash out of the great unwashed as possible, why the hell not take it ?

Hibs current average is about 8,000 home fans. If cramming 10,000 smellies into the East and south for a game which was meaningless to us gave Hibs the chance to earn approximately £250,000 then I for one would be all for it. In fact I would be willing to switch the game to darkheid with Hibs being given 50% of the gate money £750,000.

But on a more serious note:

The day is coming when Hibs are going to give over 2000 seats in either the East or ( preferably ) the west to old firm fans and possibly even the Yams.

The hard facts are that it would be ( and is ) a neglect of duty for the chairman of any club to leave thousands of seats empty in the stadium when there are bums out there willing to fill them, even if they are OF or Yam bums.

Yes it would be a bloody anathema to any Hibby ( myself included ) to see yams or OF smellies sitting in what up till now have been our parts of the stadium, especially the East. But unfortunately you cant pay or buy players with sentiment.

Anybody who thinks that this scenario is not a distinct possibility is either hugely optomistic or simply just naive.

There is an answer to all of this of course, but for some reason a lot of the the good people out there who claim to be Hibbies dont appear to be too willing to be part of the solution to the problem.

Its also another reason why I think that the singing section, 12th man or whatever you want to call it, should move to the FF. Not I hasten to add, to allow the club to give seats in the East to other fans, but to lessen the impact if it ever does happen.

GGTTH

Paisley Hibby
02-04-2012, 07:46 PM

I'd tell them to GTF. Football should not be all about money.

As this is seems to be all about money for Killie, I hope that have factored in the extra cleaning bill they will have :cb

Alfred E Newman
02-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I would rather see the rest of the ground empty than let one of these bums sit in my seat.

The_Todd
02-04-2012, 08:08 PM
it would do utterly NOTHING to get rid of this "little cousin" pish.

I think that's overstated tbh. We hate Celtic, and I've seen plenty of evidence that Celtc fans aren't too fond of us either. I've never heard anyone seriously call us their "cousins".

lyonhibs
02-04-2012, 08:14 PM
I think that's overstated tbh. We hate Celtic, and I've seen plenty of evidence that Celtc fans aren't too fond of us either. I've never heard anyone seriously call us their "cousins".

Au contraire, I've had "aw well, that's practically the same thing" and "well, that's alright, we like each other don't we" as straight faced answers from Septic fans upon discovering I'm a Hibs fan.

If anything, and there can't be more than a slim bawhair in it, I dislike them more than Huns.

Back to the thread - unpalatable but necessary for a club with Killie's normal home gate.

Albion Hibs
02-04-2012, 08:19 PM
I would have no problem making the soap dodgers pay to fill empty seats. I dont think we would ever be giving over three stands but they could have two, we pocket the cash and it gets injected into the club, I dont see where the issue is here.

I would more than happily given them more seats for every league visit as well. If we can make money for next to nothing why not.