PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Thomson RIP

Stantons Angel
01-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Just heard about the passing of a good friend and a great HIBBY Ricky Thomson (St Giles Branch)
Ricky was a real nice guy and a great Hibby for many a year. Passed away on Friday evening leaving behind his wife Maureen, kids Ricky and Michelle and his beloved grandchildren.

The world will be a much sadder place without you Ricky, RIP and thanks for the many memories and the good times we shared being a HIBBY.
Love to Maureen and the family.

The Harp
01-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Always sad to hear of the passing of a good Hibee.
Condolences to to Ricky's family and friends.

RIP

Hibernia&Alba
01-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Absolutely. Nice touch to post a thread for him. RIP

18/03/07
01-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Was my chargehand at the caledonian distilery,used to sell the hibs tote to us all,always sat 1st table in the lounge as soon as u went in the door,great guy

StevieT
01-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Worked beside Ricky at the Caledonian Distillery. Nice guy and Hibby through and through. RIP Ricky

Pretty Boy
01-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Always sad to hear of the passing of 'one of our own'.

At least the team did him proud today with the result.

Hibernia&Alba
01-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Always dad to hear of the passing of 'one of our own'.

At least the team did him proud today with the result.

:agree:

Well said

Jonnyboy
01-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Am gutted to read of this. I've known Maureen and Ricky for many years and can only say we've lost a good Hibs man in Ricky

RIP mate

maudette 11
02-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Ricky, can't believe you have gone, I have loads of happy& embarrassing memories with you, Maureen & of course your ''brother'' Donnie,all on the St Giles bus, the best of all was at Airdrie's ground, yes a long time ago, yes it was to do with MY Hero (still is) Arthur Duncan.
I will miss hearing you shout MAGGIE along the street, miss your kiss and wee cuddle we ALWAYS HAD when we seen each other, lastly i will MISS YOU just for being YOU, A GOOD FRIEND & MAN XX

R.I.P.

HibbyAndy
02-04-2012, 09:12 PM
'One of our own'

RIP Ricky, 'forever we'l be singing to the Angels high above'....Your in good company pal, Know a good few hibees up there that will keep you right,God bless son.

Stantons Angel
02-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Just want to thank all those who have posted on this thread and left messages of sympathy for Ricky's family.

His final farewell will be at 2pm on Thursday 5th April 2012 at Warriston Crematorium.

If you knew Ricky and want to say goodbye, please come along and as he requested, please wear the "Green & White" of HIBS!

IFONLY
03-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Saddened to hear this news, Ricky was one of the nicest people I have ever had the privilege to meet, we have lost a good one, my condolences go out to Maureen and family.

Tam Hansborough

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Sad news, does anyone have a photo they could post up of him?, I've got the feeling I knew him but just can't place the face, it's been a long time since I was at the Hibs club,

RIP

Martin
03-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Sad news to hear of his passing - a true legend and well known in the Hibs Club.

RIP Ricky

Russ
03-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Former workmate and a gem of a guy who bled green R.I.P ma man.

Bill Milne
04-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Saddened to hear this news, Ricky was one of the nicest people I have ever had the privilege to meet, we have lost a good one, my condolences go out to Maureen and family.

Tam Hansborough

Couldn't agree more, Tam.I hope to get along on Thursday to say farewell.Condolences to Maureen & family at this sad time.

GodisaHibee
04-04-2012, 08:46 PM
We'll have a last pint the morn: RIP Ricky; my friend.

Hibby D
04-04-2012, 10:14 PM
My late Dad knew Ricky well and my Aunt & Uncle are close friends of Ricky & Maureen. Needless to say my Uncle is gutted at the loss of a dear friend & fellow Hibby.

I only met Ricky on a few occasions but extend my love and condolences to his family and all those who knew him

Dx

Stantons Angel
05-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Ricky's final farewell was well attended by family and friends at Warriston and after at the Hibs club,today.

Although a sad day it was really nice to speak with friends and fellow Hibs' supporters I had not seen for ages.

We spent the time remembering a lovely man and talking of happy times we all spent together supporting the Hibs and Scotland.

RIP Ricky and watch over us at Hampden next Saturday.

IFONLY
06-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Ricky's final farewell was well attended by family and friends at Warriston and after at the Hibs club,today.

Although a sad day it was really nice to speak with friends and fellow Hibs' supporters I had not seen for ages.

We spent the time remembering a lovely man and talking of happy times we all spent together supporting the Hibs and Scotland.

RIP Ricky and watch over us at Hampden next Saturday.

Could`nt make it due to work commitments, but I took a few minutes out with my thoughts. Glad there was a good turn out. Rest in peace Ricky.

GodisaHibee
06-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Magic send off for a massive Hibby. Was, as far as these things can be, a truly happy occasion, all about Ricky, which is the way it should be. I hope he hasn't peaked too soon with both his clubs winning at the weekend past. Ricky, we need you working for us on the 14th too!

HNA12
11-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Picture of Ricky added at request of marinehibby.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2012, 03:30 PM
There's been far too many Hibby's taken from us this year. :boo hoo: Lets hope they are all watching, and a smile is on them and their families faces come Saturday night. :scarf:

Billy McKirdy
11-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Picture of Ricky added at request of marinehibby.

Thanks HNA12 :thumbsup:

I never knew Ricky but from what I've heard he was a brilliant guy, family and Hibs meant everything to him, thanks for posting this up.

Will link this to Ronnie, cheers pal :greengrin