PDA

View Full Version : Tom Soares

jamesjamieson
01-04-2012, 05:41 PM
I know he's had a bit of stick from some quarters, but I think Tom Soares has become a key player for Hibs. He came on today when we were trailing 0-1 and helped change the game. Not for the first time as I've checked the stats for the time when he's been on the park:
(debut) Rangers 0-4, taken off at 0-3
(cup) Kilmarnock 1-0, full game
Kilmarnock 3-1, full game
Hearts 0-2, full game
Dundee Utd 0-2, substituted at 0-0
Inverness 3-2, came on at 0-1

Soares on-park record is W3 D1 L2. In our position winning 3 games in 6 is a phenomenal record. Of all the loan signings Soares and McPake are the two I would keep.

Hibs Class
01-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I'd want to know more about his injury record and his prognosis. If he could be got properly fit then I'd keep him but his career seems to be regularly punctuated by injury.

Duffys13
01-04-2012, 05:55 PM
I know he's had a bit of stick from some quarters, but I think Tom Soares has become a key player for Hibs. He came on today when we were trailing 0-1 and helped change the game. Not for the first time as I've checked the stats for the time when he's been on the park:

(debut) Rangers 0-4, taken off at 0-3
(cup) Kilmarnock 1-0, full game
Kilmarnock 3-1, full game
Hearts 0-2, full game
Dundee Utd 0-2, substituted at 0-0
Inverness 3-2, came on at 0-1

Soares on-park record is W3 D1 L2. In our position winning 3 games in 6 is a phenomenal record. Of all the loan signings Soares and McPake are the two I would keep.

Yeh I thought he calmed things down the middle when he came on and helped us get a grip of the game. Hopefully we will see more of him.

Dinkydoo
01-04-2012, 05:56 PM
I don't think he really did anything when he came on today.

Saying that, Ozzy was then allowed to play in his natural position which is certainly what helped us win the game - the change on tactics was really what made the difference.

TornadoHibby
01-04-2012, 06:06 PM

Saying that, Ozzy was then allowed to play in his natural position which is certainly what helped us win the game - the change on tactics was really what made the difference.

This is a more accurate assessment of what happened today IMO!

No idea why people try and create unearned (so far IMO) reputations for players who haven't been delivering on the pitch commensurate with the 'reputations' they arrive at Hibs with!

Littlest Hobo
01-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Should have blocked the cross for their second goal in my opinion. Bit lazy.

BoltonHibee
01-04-2012, 06:12 PM

That was the real reason in turnaround

erin-go-bragh87
01-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Thought he gave us a bit extra today, and he gave my wee man his shirt after the game!!

Alfred E Newman
01-04-2012, 06:23 PM
That was the real reason in turnaround

Is the real reason for victory today not the fact that we got some overdue luck for a change? Lets just enjoy that , for on another day Inverness would have been out of sight by half time.

BoltonHibee
01-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Is the real reason for victory today not the fact that we got some overdue luck for a change? Lets just enjoy that , for on another day Inverness would have been out of sight by half time.

Absolutely, we were very fortunate to be level at HT. Inverness could have been miles in front. Fenlons change in personnel and positions contributed greatly to the eventual victory.