PDA

View Full Version : Robbo

Famous Fiver
01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Wasn't at the game today and I haven't read all the threads so don't know if this has been posted elesewhere.

I listened to the game on the radio with 'expert' summary provide by the little fat one.

Spent 90 minutes telling us how shocked he was at the poorest Hibs team he had seen in 30 years and praised ICT all the way through. He was particularly hard on O'Connor and Griffiths. What a sweet delight the final result was with O'Connor and Griffiths getting a goal each.

No wonder the little fat t**d can't get a job in football. He wouldn't know a footballer if he ever saw one. Bitter and twisted little man. Quicker BBC get rid of him the better. Shocks me that some of my licence fee goes into his undeserving pocket.

The_Todd
01-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Wasn't at the game today and I haven't read all the threads so don't know if this has been posted elesewhere.

I listened to the game on the radio with 'expert' summary provide by the little fat one.

Spent 90 minutes telling us how shocked he was at the poorest Hibs team he had seen in 30 years and praised ICT all the way through. He was particularly hard on O'Connor and Griffiths. What a sweet delight the final result was with O'Connor and Griffiths getting a goal each.

No wonder the little fat t**d can't get a job in football. He wouldn't know a footballer if he ever saw one. Bitter and twisted little man. Quicker BBC get rid of him the better. Shocks me that some of my licence fee goes into his undeserving pocket.

You read the hibs.net match thread, right?

CropleyWasGod
01-04-2012, 05:24 PM

I heard the game as well. I thought he was expressing his opinion, as he is employed to do.

He also had a real go at ICT for not converting their chances when they were on top, especially in the first half.

c31
01-04-2012, 05:25 PM
hes wrong - its the worst Hibs team in the last 50 years. Just like all other clubs, everyone is **** in the SPL I'm afraid

NAE NOOKIE
01-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Never heard him say anything that hasnt been posted on here a dozen times over the last 9 months.

Its hard to take when a Yam legend criticises Hibs. But being a Yam doesnt make what he said wrong. In fact I think he sounded just a wee bit sad when he was saying it.

If it had been Preston I would have ignored the comments as just more peesh from that we Yam turd, but I dont think Robertson has the same agenda.

ancient hibee
01-04-2012, 05:32 PM

Presumably he's posting on here as well then.

bingo70
01-04-2012, 05:33 PM
hes wrong - its the worst Hibs team in the last 50 years. Just like all other clubs, everyone is **** in the SPL I'm afraid

Disagree, I've seen worse hibs teams and I've seen some decent football played at easter road by other teams.

Dundee utd, Motherwell, killie, st Johnstone and even st mirren all played well at easter road

cabbageandribs1875
01-04-2012, 05:34 PM
i couldn't argue with anything the little round boy said today :(

Part/Time Supporter
01-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Disagree, I've seen worse hibs teams and I've seen some decent football played at easter road by other teams.

Dundee utd, Motherwell, killie, st Johnstone and even st mirren all played well at easter road

:agree:

In St. Johnstone's case, you've really got to go back to the John Connolly, Henry Hall days (40+ years ago) to find a significantly better team than this season. Even their good team of the late 90s had very little goal threat. The other teams named there are at least as good as they've been in 10-15 years.

As for Robbo, any criticism of O'Connor today is merited. He is patently unfit (literally) to play professional football. Yes he scored a goal, but it was put on a plate (no pun) for him. Griffiths looks a decent player though. He needs more help, that's all.

CropleyWasGod
01-04-2012, 05:44 PM

It's still FenLon :greengrin

maturehibby
01-04-2012, 05:44 PM
I watched the game on ESPN and I was convinced in the first half that we were going to be given a real doo-ing especially as the chances they had were not converted - especially the one when McKay right through hit the post .
However when we got to the break level I thought we might hold on for a 0-0 draw .
There was a considerable change in the second half in attitude until the penalty came and was slotted home and I said here we go again but I was wrong and they came out fighting and when Hanlon and O,Connor put us ahead I thought that we might hold on and get a lucky victory .
Then Inverness got a lucky break (their only one) when Hayes shot / corner went in I said once again thats our luck out again only to be proved wrong when "Sparky"unleashed a cracker into the corner to give us the lead again .
Being Hibs I was then on tenderhooks for the rest of the 90 minutes and the 4 which actually was 5 mins of extra time .
We road our luck today as we did the last time we were up there and came away victorious then too .
I felt we got a Rangers style victory today and it worked and hope that the team go onwards from now on until the end of the season .
The Manager will then be in a position to pick his own players for next season and not have to rely on the "Loanee's" good as they were today .
Finally a big round of applause must go to the "Hibs diehards who went up there today well done to you all .
"I salute you": to quote George Galloway another winner this week too in unforseen circumstances:flag::flag::flag:

MartinfaePorty
01-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Listened to radio and Robbo said Garry O was working hard, but Griffiths was offside too often, and our midfield wasn't closing them down quickly enough. He also said it would take an ICT goal to spark Hibs into life. Was he wrong?

Alfred E Newman
01-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Listened to radio and Robbo said Garry O was working hard, but Griffiths was offside too often, and our midfield wasn't closing them down quickly enough. He also said it would take an ICT goal to spark Hibs into life. Was he wrong?

No, he was right. He sounded genuinely shocked at how bad Hibs were in the first half today and full of praise for the way the players belatedly upped their game in the second half. The OP is petty nonsense.

smurf
01-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Sounds like he spoke the truth.

Holmesdale Hibs
01-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Sounds like he spoke the truth.

:agree:

He spoke sense from what I can remember. He never slated us for 90min and spoke highly of us after we got the finger out when Inverness scored. I though he was very fair.

You read much worse, more harsh, unfounded nonsense about hibs on here on a daily basis.

edwards
01-04-2012, 07:02 PM
He did give his honest opinion unfortunately we are hibbies and don't like it even if It's the truth.Hibs were dire in the first half even Fenlon has critisised us for our performances in the past few weeks whether it be the first or second half.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2012, 07:06 PM
No exactly news though is it? A team at the foot of the league at this time in the season are no likely to be world beaters?

The Harp
01-04-2012, 07:07 PM
I've a lot of time for JR ever since the Hands Off Hibs rally which he attended in opposition to his employer and there's no doubt he was right in his criticism of our 1st half performance. What I thought was a bit OTT was hearing him repeating it continually throughout the first 45 mins. Good to hear him say some of his family had made the journey up there to support the Hibees though.:aok:

Big Frank
01-04-2012, 07:27 PM
robbos a fat hertz bawbag. mon the cabbage

NAE NOOKIE
01-04-2012, 10:10 PM
hes wrong - its the worst Hibs team in the last 50 years. Just like all other clubs, everyone is **** in the SPL I'm
afraid

I'm afraid you want to sod off and watch the fitba on TV ...... The SPL is to be fair not great, but no, everybody is not **** in the SPL ........... Dundee Utd and Motherwell are both decent teams and there have been a few other teams at ER this season who have played pretty decent football.

It gets pretty bloody boring having folk go on and bloody on about how crap the SPL is.

This is our football and yes everybody wants to see it improve, but if the best you can do is post that everybody is **** then your contribution to the ongoing great Hibs and Scottish football debate is:

NIL !!!

c31
01-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Im just stating the truth, the 'product' is poor and is getting worse. The national team hasn't qualified for tournaments for years and watching players from our SPL trying to trap, pass all the basics is depressing. If your happy with the standard then your are easily pleased.

Russ
02-04-2012, 01:02 AM

Don't know what he said, but he wouldn't be far wrong in saying that was the poorest Hibs team he has seen, we were woeful, the result clouds the performance, had they taken their early chances it might have been a rout. We never turned up today, and that is very disturbing.

monktonharp
02-04-2012, 02:12 AM
robbos a fat hertz bawbag. mon the cabbagehe was the scurge of Hibs when he wore that ****ty maroon strip, of that there was nae doubt, but his brother stays round the corner fae me and he is a Hibernian man through and through! also Robbo's nephew,is best mates wi' one o' ma laddies, another good Hibby. I have never met wee Robbo, but like his honest comments.totally different tae that other erse that gets airtime, continually slagging Hibs

KWJ
02-04-2012, 02:30 AM
That first half was one of the worst I've seen. They've all been lately.

Better 2nd half but ICT really deserved more from the game.