PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings v Caley

essexhibee
01-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Stack 8 - made a great save from Hayes in the first half and a crucial block from Tade. Punched everything and commanded his box well. Unlucky for their fluke goal.
Kujabi 6 - wasteful going forward at times. Looked like he was going to struggle big time against Hayes but dug in.
Hanlon 6 - took his goal well but was dodgy at times. Shocking pass for their shot off the post and gave away penalty.
McPake 7- one everything and gave a commanding performance. Rock once more.
Doherty 7 - great run and composed cross for O'connors goal . Steady performance though perhaps needs to try and get dragged inside less.
Sproule 5 - thought he was poor today. It just doesn't seem to work for him and he never looks as pacy as before.
Stevenson 6 - battled hard as always. Never gave up and broke up play. Few dodgy passes however including a shocker to Sproule in the middle.
Towell 4 - awful. He shouldn't be featuring again IMO.
Osbourne 7 - showed class at times with great turns and powerful runs. Fantastic tackle and pass for our third. Best outfield player today for me.
Griffiths 6 - beautiful strike and quality celebration. Didn't hold the ball up enough IMO and drifts out wide quite a lot but overall ok.
O'connor 6 - showed a horrible touch at times and a great one another. Held the ball up well at times but still looks massively unfit and lumbered. Well taken goal.

Subs :

Doyle 4 - horror pass back to stack which was nearly intercepted after a crucial goal line clearance.
Soares 5 - thought he was decent when he came on. Much better offering on the wing than Ozzy who needs to be inside . Start him next week.
O'Donovan 3 - not enough time.

Fans 10 - sung in time beautifully and are some of the best looking in Scotland.

GreenCastle
01-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Stack 8 - made a great save from Hayes in the first half and a crucial block from Tade. Punched everything and commanded his box well. Unlucky for their fluke goal.
Kujabi 6 - wasteful going forward at times. Looked like he was going to struggle big time against Hayes but dug in.
Hanlon 6 - took his goal well but was dodgy at times. Shocking pass for their shot off the post and gave away penalty.
McPake 7- one everything and gave a commanding performance. Rock once more.
Doherty 7 - great run and composed cross for O'connors goal . Steady performance though perhaps needs to try and get dragged inside less.
Sproule 5 - thought he was poor today. It just doesn't seem to work for him and he never looks as pacy as before.
Stevenson 6 - battled hard as always. Never gave up and broke up play. Few dodgy passes however including a shocker to Sproule in the middle.
Towell 4 - awful. He shouldn't be featuring again IMO.
Osbourne 7 - showed class at times with great turns and powerful runs. Fantastic tackle and pass for our third. Best outfield player today for me.
Griffiths 6 - beautiful strike and quality celebration. Didn't hold the ball up enough IMO and drifts out wide quite a lot but overall ok.
O'connor 6 - showed a horrible touch at times and a great one another. Held the ball up well at times but still looks massively unfit and lumbered. Well taken goal.

Subs :

Doyle 4 - horror pass back to stack which was nearly intercepted after a crucial goal line clearance.
Soares 5 - thought he was decent when he came on. Much better offering on the wing than Ozzy who needs to be inside . Start him next week.
O'Donovan 3 - not enough time.

Fans 10 - sung in time beautifully and are some of the best looking in Scotland.

Few notes -

Stack had a decent game. If he played like that every week it would be easy to keep him. He punched crosses and made some good saves. Lets hope it continues - but would still look for a new GK in summer.

Kujabi - started off a little shaky but thought he really came into a game and wasn't scared to get stuck in. The least as a fan you can expect a good honest performance:thumbsup: My man of the match.

Soares made a big difference when he came on - wish he could stay fit - he does have class - just needs to use it.

McPake - get him fit and sign him.

Goals were all taken well - first time in ages we have scored directly from a corner and even though we only had 3 chances - took them all very well :top marks

First half we were terrible - struggling with the basics all over the place - we really need to sign some decent players in summer who are committed and that includes a play maker in midfield who can keep the ball under pressure.

2 more wins and think we are safe :agree:

Glasgow Hibee
01-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Stack 6 - decent performance, did what I expect a decent keeper to do
Kujabi 8 - If everyone had the commitment that he had we wouldn't be in the position we are
Hanlon 5 - one point off for the penalty, one point on for the goal
McPake 8 - captains performance, solid committed and led by example
Doherty 7 - good effort
Sproule 4 - not sure what he adds to the team
Stevenson 6 - again points for effort and commitment rather than skills
Towell 4 - not nearly composed enough for the central midfield
Osbourne 5 - poor at right mid, much better when moved to the centre
Griffiths 7 - tried hard and great goal but he and O'conner don't play as a pair
O'connor 5 - took his chance well, contributed very little else

Subs :

Doyle - good block to save a goal but then nearly gave one away with his passback
Soares - biggest contribution was allowing Ozzy to move into centre
O'donovan - no time

hibee92
01-04-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm glad Stacky had a good game today. Really like him as our goalie but its been hard defending him lately.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Stack 9 a superb performance.

Doherty 7 nothing much wrong, and a great run probably the only time he got forward to assist with a goal.

McPake 7 steady no nonsense play, cleared his lines well.

Hanlon 5 very poor defensively, terrific header and attacking when scoring though.

Kujabi 6 A bit suspect early on, but grew into the game. He's been noted more for his attacking play since signing, but 2nd half did well defending.

O'Bourne 6 would have been 4 if he'd stayed on the right. a poor game wide, but much better when played inside.

Stevenson 5, usual effort, but nothing much else.

Towell 3 should be the last time we see him, enough said.

Sproule 3 i wish it was the last time we would see him.

O'Conner 4 Scored a goal, but one of the most unfit hopeless performances i have witnessed him play. I agree his goal was hugely helpful, but gee whiz, we need more from a front man than he gave today.

Griffiths 5 another goal, but not his best. I wish he'd stop trying all those fancy flick when we are under pressure, and just keep the bloody ball.

seven nowt
01-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Missed the first half so these ratings are based on the 2nd half that i saw on espn:

Stack 5 - really poor, flapped at corners, poor distribution, panicked when the ball is passed back to him. got in the way of some shots though.
Kujabi 7 - looks exciting going forward and put in a few good tackles on Hayes and coped well.
Hanlon 7 - thought he done his job well and scored a brave header
McPake 6 - looked steady, made a couple of good tackles and headers.
Doherty 6 - got dragged in a bit, still played decent and a good assist
Sproule 3 - clueless
Stevenson 5 - tried and was okay but not really good enough
Towell 4 - poor for the time i seen him
Osbourne 7 - solid
Griffiths 7 - dangerous, typical popping up with a late goal
O'Connor 7 - showed why he should be here, scored, good passing

Doyle 5 - looked assured in possession, not sure what he's done wrong to not start!
Soares 4 - done his bit, wasn't involved too much
O'Donovan - not enough time

Wotherspiniesta
01-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Stack- 8 Saved us in the first half with some great stops. Nothing he could do about the 2 goals.

Doherty- 7 Great run for Gaz's goal. Got stuck in and got forward well.
Hanlon- 5 Thought he was poor overall. Passing was suspect, but attacked the ball well for our opener.
McPake- 7 Coped very well with Tade I thought. Does the simple things well.
Kujabi- 6 Undecided about him. Always seems a bit of a mixed bag for me.

Osbourne- 7 He's never a winger, but he has a great turn of pace and can spot a pass. Great 2nd half.
Towell- 1 Didn't look interested. Waste of a jersey.
Stevenson - 5 Very panicked in his defending at times. No impact at the other end either.
Sproule- 3 Hardly involved. Took a dull yin near the end.

Griffiths- 8 Best player on the park for me. He's a livewire and took his goal brilliantly.
O'Connor- 6 Hopefully with more game time he can regain a bit of sharpness. Good finish though.

Soares- 7 Looked lively when he came on. Like he had a point to prove. Hopefully keep him fit.
Doyle- 5 Looked bright.
O'Donovan- Little time, but won a throw in their half when we were hanging on.

SMAXXA
01-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Stack- 8 Saved us in the first half with some great stops. Nothing he could do about the 2 goals.

Doherty- 7 Great run for Gaz's goal. Got stuck in and got forward well.
Hanlon- 5 Thought he was poor overall. Passing was suspect, but attacked the ball well for our opener.
McPake- 7 Coped very well with Tade I thought. Does the simple things well.
Kujabi- 6 Undecided about him. Always seems a bit of a mixed bag for me.

Osbourne- 7 He's never a winger, but he has a great turn of pace and can spot a pass. Great 2nd half.
Towell- 1 Didn't look interested. Waste of a jersey.
Stevenson - 5 Very panicked in his defending at times. No impact at the other end either.
Sproule- 3 Hardly involved. Took a dull yin near the end.

Griffiths- 8 Best player on the park for me. He's a livewire and took his goal brilliantly.
O'Connor- 6 Hopefully with more game time he can regain a bit of sharpness. Good finish though.

Soares- 7 Looked lively when he came on. Like he had a point to prove. Hopefully keep him fit.
Doyle- 5 Looked bright.
O'Donovan- Little time, but won a throw in their half when we were hanging on.

Must have been watching a different game to me mate as I thought Leigh Grif was murder the day, took his goal brilliantly but I would have hooked him prior to that.

essexhibee
01-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Must have been watching a different game to me mate as I thought Leigh Grif was murder the day, took his goal brilliantly but I would have hooked him prior to that.

But then he wouldn't have scored the winning goal :greengrin

I think he is like what Deeks used to be like.... can be playing not very well but always has the ability to pop up and score a screamer - as he did today. And thats why you'd leave him on imo :top marks

Wotherspiniesta
01-04-2012, 07:09 PM

You're right. I must have been watching a different game.

The_Todd
01-04-2012, 07:10 PM
You forgot the gritter. It was beautiful.

nonshinyfinish
01-04-2012, 07:19 PM
You forgot the gritter. It was beautiful.

A 10/10 performance, no doubt.

GreenCastle
01-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Don't forget the 15 second coverage ESPN gave to a bridge during the game :greengrin :rolleyes:

HibeeEmma
01-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Don't forget the 15 second coverage ESPN gave to a bridge during the game :greengrin :rolleyes:

I think that player ratings have to be divided between first half and second half as it was a different team who came out second half

SMAXXA
01-04-2012, 07:31 PM
You're right. I must have been watching a different game.

Good good!

I do agree with you on Hanlon though, he was poor but took his goal well.

seven nowt
01-04-2012, 07:46 PM
i thought hanlon was good today

hibsbollah
01-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Surprisingly stingy ratings? Id expected better...we won 3-2 away after all.

nonshinyfinish
01-04-2012, 07:54 PM

Aye, but we were pish.

The points are very welcome, but we ought to have been wearing masks today, it was robbery.

SMAXXA
01-04-2012, 08:10 PM

Did you watch the game? Im surprised there are so many 7's and 8's when in reality over the 90min performance I dont think many merrited over 5, McPake and Stack aside.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2012, 08:12 PM
ğriffiths needs to learn where to put himself on the park when he doesn't have the ball. Decent showing again though. Surely Sproule and Towell have run their races for Hibs.

hibsbollah
01-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Did you wath the game? Im surprised there are so many 7's and 8's when in rfeality over the 90min performance I dont think may merrited over 5, McPake and Stack aside.

No i didnt. i wasnt being critical, i was just genuinely surprised given the result.

Barney McGrew
02-04-2012, 07:19 AM
The points are very welcome, but we ought to have been wearing masks today, it was robbery.

Inverness had a bit more possession, but they weren't great shakes either. We had more shots on target than them, and their second was a fluke.

Big90inOz
02-04-2012, 09:58 AM
We were rotten in the first half and nearly as rotten in the 2nd............. very poor.

Great win though :aok: