PDA

View Full Version : Doherty

Onion
01-04-2012, 04:09 PM
2nd Hibs goals was all about Doherty - great determination to beat the man get the ball back - leaving GOC to do what he does in those positions.

This for me was the turning point of the match and gave Hibs the drive and belief they needed to go on and win the match :thumbsup:

HFC07
01-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Aye, I thought Doherty had a great game today

essexhibee
01-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Great run and cross. Didn't panic and slam it accross but cooly found his man. :aok:

basehibby
01-04-2012, 06:28 PM
He isn't fit..doesn't seem that strong or fast but did cut the ball back for Garry to score... Certainly didn't look up to cooly find his man though :))..Although I'm delighted he did find him.

:confused: Don't know what gives you authority re what was going on in Doherty's brain when he cut the ball back! For me there's every reason to believe he was aware of a Hibs Jersey in the box and aimed for it - set Garry up for as easy a goal as he'll ever score anyway, and showed determination and resolve to do so whatever way you look at it so :top marks to Doherty from me for a great assist.

Dr Jimmy
02-04-2012, 08:29 AM
He isn't fit..doesn't seem that strong or fast but did cut the ball back for Garry to score... Certainly didn't look up to cooly find his man though :))..Although I'm delighted he did find him.

Peripheral vision?

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Players know to put the ball in good area's, now i dont know if he saw him or not, but he did that. and even if Garry was having a stinker, he still knows enough about where to go should a player get to the bye line. Doherty picked him out, intentionally or not, but he did. :top marks

BEEJ
02-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Presumably Maka would have weaved his way along the byeline before executing an outrageous lob over their keeper?

(It's usually what comes next .... )

PatHead
02-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Presumably Maka would have weaved his way along the byeline before executing an outrageous lob over their keeper?

(It's usually what comes next .... )

Only after saving a penalty, dribbling the ball the entire length of the pitch before executing his lob. Sure I remember him doing that whilst playing for Hibs through my green tinted glasses.

(I can't remember all his antics with trying to catch ball single handedly, making the defence nervous and drawing sharp intakes of breath from the supporters) Have him down there with Zibi as worst Hibs goalies of all time but if I recollect it was all Gordon Marshall's fault.

Seveno
02-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Whilst Garry had another stinker, fair play to him with the goal. He lost his man perfectly by pulling back at the last moment. A touch of class, I though.

blackpoolhibs
02-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Just watched the highlights on HI, and you can clearly see Doherty have a look at where he should be putting the ball. Never noticed this yesterday, due to jumping round my mates living room. :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
02-04-2012, 02:12 PM

I thought he looked a bit sluggish during the match. Maybe he was just reserving his energy levels to enable him to skip up the wing and lay the ball on a plate for Garry:wink:

Eyrie
02-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Doherty was limping after that run, but recovered.

greenlex
02-04-2012, 06:05 PM
I thought he looked a bit sluggish during the match. Maybe he was just reserving his energy levels to enable him to skip up the wing and lay the ball on a plate for Garry:wink:

Copuldnt have been on a plate. Garry would have eaten it instead of firing it into the riggin.

Stevo1875
10-04-2012, 11:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUduD68ueo4&feature=g-all-u&context=G2feb445FAAAAAAAAEAA

not the most inspiring of interviews.

definitely 1 loaner we'll have to replace.

lets hope he is a bit more excited about the SF come kick off time!

hibsbollah
10-04-2012, 12:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUduD68ueo4&feature=g-all-u&context=G2feb445FAAAAAAAAEAA

not the most inspiring of interviews.

definitely 1 loaner we'll have to replace.

lets hope he is a bit more excited about the SF come kick off time!

Jeez did he just say he's pleased there's only a month to go till he goes back to wolves? charming I'm sure.

Stevo1875
10-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Jeez did he just say he's pleased there's only a month to go till he goes back to wolves? charming I'm sure.

haha totally!

i laughed most at his response to the family coming over for the SF!!!

i think he recently tweeted about how bad the weather was here and this was just after the record breaking temps in march... some folk just don't know how lucky they are!

ggtth

Andy74
10-04-2012, 12:27 PM
BBC gossip column saying Doherty almost walked out after a couple of weeks. Anyone braved a Daily Record for the full artcile?

truehibernian
10-04-2012, 12:38 PM
BBC gossip column saying Doherty almost walked out after a couple of weeks. Anyone braved a Daily Record for the full artcile?

I almost walk out of ER most games, but always choose to stay.

Doherty is a decent player but only ever here to get games and experience. Tends to switch off and don't buy this 'not had much opportunity to get forward'. I'd have young Francomb in at right midfield on Saturday, with Doherty retained at right back. Osbourne and Claros central, with Ivan keeping his place. Soares is quality, but drifts in and out too much for me.

As for missing Wolverhampton......deary me, you never miss Wolverhampton. Doherty should just play football and give the interviews a wee body swerve methinks.

John_the_angus_hibby
10-04-2012, 12:39 PM
A bit unfortunate with his answers, but honest. Wolves loaned him for experience and all he did really was confirm it. He could have answered a bit more professionally in regard to promoting the SF etc, but he's a youngish lad and views that he is only here on loan...which he is.

Sent from another universe!

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2012, 02:24 PM

I dont think he did, he said he came to Hibs to get games and he has got games. He then said he will go back and hopefully be part of Wolves first team. Maybe i need to watch it again, but thats what i thought he said, he does not think he came to us to stay, he came on loan to play games and help us?:confused:

Just watched it again, and no he never said any of what the op thinks?

EHZERO7
10-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Didnt say he's "pleased" theres only a month but deffo says there is only about a month to go.

Its more than a month to the Cup Final.

IMHO the things he said suggest that he isnt totally enjoying it. I know that might be stating the obvious with our current position but James McPake and Francomb talk Hibs up when commenting.

Wilson
10-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Didnt say he's "pleased" theres only a month but deffo says there is only about a month to go.

Its more than a month to the Cup Final.

IMHO the things he said suggest that he isnt totally enjoying it. I know that might be stating the obvious with our current position but James McPake and Francomb talk Hibs up when commenting.

Sounds like he regretted the decision, to swap challenging for a place in the Wolves team with a relegation dogfight, almost instantly. The comment about being happy with his situation, now that there is only a month to go, underlines this. Fair play to him then for sticking it out. Should we avoid relegation he will have played his part and good luck to him if he heads back to Wolves.

He is, perhaps, guilty of being too honest. We all know that loan signings come with varying levels of commitment and, often, a scant likliehood of penning permanent deals. This has been an ongoing concern since the number of loan signings was announced. While we are all aware of the short-term nature of these signings it seems we don't like having our noses rubbed in it.

I'd rather have the honesty. There is no sense in a player telling us we are the only club he wants to play for and how happy he is to be here if he doesn't mean it. He is single minded about playing for the Wolves first team and he doesn't hide it. Fair enough.

easty
10-04-2012, 03:54 PM
He'll probably score on Saturday and run away kissing the badge! footballs a funny game.

Wether or not this is where he wants to be playing his football, if he puts in decent/good performances in his time here then good luck to him in all his future endeavours.

Andy74
10-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Sounds like he regretted the decision, to swap challenging for a place in the Wolves team with a relegation dogfight, almost instantly. The comment about being happy with his situation, now that there is only a month to go, underlines this. Fair play to him then for sticking it out. Should we avoid relegation he will have played his part and good luck to him if he heads back to Wolves.

He is, perhaps, guilty of being too honest. We all know that loan signings come with varying levels of commitment and, often, a scant likliehood of penning permanent deals. This has been an ongoing concern since the number of loan signings was announced. While we are all aware of the short-term nature of these signings it seems we don't like having our noses rubbed in it.

I'd rather have the honesty. There is no sense in a player telling us we are the only club he wants to play for and how happy he is to be here if he doesn't mean it. He is single minded about playing for the Wolves first team and he doesn't hide it. Fair enough.

It's a strange attitude though because ultimately it doesn't matter to him if we get relegated or not. He just seems to have not enjoyed the pressure and sometimes the criticism.

Well, that's what football can be about and if he would have preferred training all week and not playing for Wolves then that doesn't bode well for him in his career.

I'm sure he will reflect eventually that this situation has been good for him.

Good luck getting as close to winning a national trophy with Wolves!

PeeJay
10-04-2012, 04:01 PM
It's the same situation surely with some of our lads out on load to other clubs - it's only natural that they want to gain experience at the loan club, but ultimately they want to 'get back home' and fight for a team place....

hibsbollah
10-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I suppose you could take it either way; "there's only a month left so I'm happy where I am", is he happy because he's only got a month left here or is he happy because he's got over his home/wolvessickness now? :greengrin:

Whichever, there's obviously not much interest in him staying, id love us to keep Francombe in :doh:ertys absence, I've been impressed with them both at right back and we have no decent replacements if they both go back in the summer.

At The Edge
10-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Doherty seems set on going back to Wolves, probably got a decent chance now of regular first team football as it looks like they'll be in the Championship next season, so will probably get a chance to impress.
Francomb however we may keep, Norwich are flying high at the moment and will want to strengthen to consolidate their Premiership status, will Francomb be part of that next season?

would keep both but will be happy with just Francomb from the two
along of course with McPake

Andy74
10-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Doherty seems set on going back to Wolves, probably got a decent chance now of regular first team football as it looks like they'll be in the Championship next season, so will probably get a chance to impress.
Francomb however we may keep, Norwich are flying high at the moment and will want to strengthen to consolidate their Premiership status, will Francomb be part of that next season?

would keep both but will be happy with just Francomb from the two
along of course with McPake

Griffiths isn't ours either. Vital we do something about that. :agree:

Billy Whizz
10-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Interview seemed fine for me. He's only a young lad at 20 remember