PDA

View Full Version : Question Sparky Booking

Wotherspiniesta
01-04-2012, 03:49 PM
What was it for? I've rewound it and all he does is run behind the goals and give the fans a heart sign.

That's now him suspended I think.:grr:

Westie1875
01-04-2012, 03:58 PM
What was it for? I've rewound it and all he does is run behind the goals and give the fans a heart sign.

That's now him suspended I think.:grr:

Ridiculous, he did absolutely nothing wrong. He was booked because of who he is IMO, if that had been any other Hibs player there wouldn't have been a booking.

smurf
01-04-2012, 03:58 PM
A ridiculous booking. Game has gone mad.

joe breezy
01-04-2012, 04:00 PM
you should be able to appeal against that, i don't know if you can appeal against yellows but that's a shocker :confused:

Mikey
01-04-2012, 04:01 PM
I think it might be because he went over the advertising hoardings. Maybe someone can confirm if that's not allowed.

one day maybe...
01-04-2012, 04:01 PM
I hope the referee has the balls to look at this and explain his decicion, as I am dumbfounded as to how he arrived at a booking. I hope Hibs pursue this absolutely shocking decision in any manner they can, the SFA must rescind this.

If jumping over an advertising hoarding in front of your own fans is a booking, then they need to be removed, shocking..

nonshinyfinish
01-04-2012, 04:03 PM
you should be able to appeal against that, i don't know if you can appeal against yellows but that's a shocker :confused:

Almost certain you can't appeal a booking.

HibeesLA
01-04-2012, 04:04 PM
I think it might be because he went over the advertising hoardings. Maybe someone can confirm if that's not allowed.

I would imagine that is it Mikey. Letter of the law is a yellow card for leaving the field of play without the referees permission.

woodythehibee
01-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Correct, unless it's mistaken identity

Mikey
01-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Correct, unless it's mistaken identity

Woody, check yer PM's re the bus to Hampden :wink:

Kato
01-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Letter of the law

...which is applied with a manic obsessiveness when it comes to Hibs but apparently no-one else....

Hope HMRC find them all guilty and hammer them.

PatHead
01-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Sonny Aluko never got booked for jumping up on the wall last weekend but that was alright cause he plays for Rangers, Consistency eh!

marinello59
01-04-2012, 04:15 PM
I would imagine that is it Mikey. Letter of the law is a yellow card for leaving the field of play without the referees permission.

It might be letter of the law but what happened to common sense prevailing. Why on earth do the officials want to suck even more joy out of the game?

PaulSmith

That's not why he would've been booked on this occasion though.
Running behind the goals may have been seen by the ref as encouraging fans to run down to greet him and thus endangering their safety, police have advised sfa that they wish this to be discouraged.
Don't agree with it on this occasion though and very harsh but no grounds to appeal and need to take it on the chin.

essexhibee
That was a farcical booking. Celebrated to his own fans and he gets booked. Joke. Quality celebration btw :aok:

HibeesLA
01-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Running behind the goals may have been seen by the ref as encouraging fans to run down to greet him and thus endangering their safety, police have advised sfa that they wish this to be discouraged.
Don't agree with it on this occasion though and very harsh but no grounds to appeal and need to take it on the chin.

I agree that the booking was harsh. I think there should be a balance between the laws and common sense, which is why FIFA also produce a guide to application of the laws to referees as well as the laws themselves. Unfortunately, I think there is too much emphasis placed by the referee on trying to make sure he ticks all the boxes for later review by the association, rather than officiating the game itself.

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-04-2012, 04:21 PM
I take it that means he will be suspended for the 1st game after the split?

hibee_girl
01-04-2012, 04:22 PM
I take it that means he will be suspended for the 1st game after the split?

:agree:

Wotherspiniesta
01-04-2012, 04:24 PM
What a load of crap.

Leaving the field of play? We should start booking players for taking corners and throw in's aswell then. Last week I seen a player chasing the ball to the by-line and get knocked over an advertising hording. By the latter of the law, should he get booked aswell?

Only in this ****ing country.

Steven_Hibs
01-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Shocking booking. Hibs players get booked for nothing. It cant be for leaving the field of play!? Because if I recall Celtic players all left the pitch at Easter Road, celebrating with the fans, whilst Wanyama punts the ball into orbit. Not one player was booked. And like a previous poster said, Aluko jumped the advertising boards and heehaw was done about it :rolleyes:

Hibs Class
01-04-2012, 04:27 PM
It was ridiculous. All we need to do is email the compliance officer if we see similar crimes go unpunished in the future and maybe then we will see some common sense.

Bishop Hibee
01-04-2012, 04:27 PM
A joke that was a booking. The ref was ok today but then went daft with that then allowing Ivan to be crocked and not even giving a foul when it should have been a booking for the ICT player. Can these eejits not manage 90 mins consistency :grr:

Kato
01-04-2012, 04:28 PM

I can see now, those 150 Hibs fans could have caused a huge crush by squeezing down on the wall to join Griffiths.

Unfortunately, I think there is too much emphasis placed by the referee on trying to make sure he ticks all the boxes for later review by the association, rather than officiating the game itself.

You don't see them ticking all the boxes when it comes to reffing OF games. IMHO, which won't be agreed with by all, is that some refs are vindictive, over officious, petty-minded, weegie centric, little dick-wads, who hate Hbernian.

Saorsa
01-04-2012, 04:31 PM
I can see now, those 150 Hibs fans could have caused a huge crush by squeezing down on the wall to join Griffiths.

You don't see them ticking all the boxes when it comes to reffing OF games. IMHO, which won't be agreed with by all, is that some refs are vindictive, over officious, petty-minded, weegie centric, little dick-wads, who hate Hbernian.Just some?

Alfred E Newman
01-04-2012, 04:33 PM

Correct Mikey, it is not allowed unless you are playing for Rangers or Celtic or against Hibs at Easter Road.

Kato
01-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Just some?

I always try and leave some lee-way for the sake of being open-minded, but I completely understand why you asked the question.

Kato
01-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Correct Mikey, it is not allowed unless you are playing for Rangers or Celtic or against Hibs at Easter Road.

Bang-on. There's probably a memo floating around the SFA Refs Committee offices along with their faked P60's and tampered Expense Forms with exactly that wording.

LeithBoozy
01-04-2012, 05:01 PM
I am not going to take sparkies side and declare him Innocent, until one of the lads come back and states he did not run behind holding his testicles giving a GIFRUPY SIGN.:greengrin

JimBHibees
01-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Awful jobsworth decision by the same ref that kept Hearts in the cup with the joke pen in Perth. He ran behind the goals whoopie doo. Joke.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-04-2012, 05:12 PM

Automatic booking unless you are one of the OF ;)

PaulSmith
01-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Awful jobsworth decision by the same ref that kept Hearts in the cup with the joke pen in Perth. He ran behind the goals whoopie doo. Joke.

That was Brian Winter not Bobby Madden.

Saorsa
01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
That was Brian Winter not Bobby Madden.different name, same *****.

basehibby
01-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Absolute nonsense booking - referee should be MADE to explain himself in such situations - football is meant to be entertainment - and boy do we pay a price for it! In situations like this , us fans are left utterly in the dark as to what is going through what passes for the referee's brain - we deserve an explanation :grr::grr::grr:

Onion
01-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Absolute nonsense booking - referee should be MADE to explain himself in such situations - football is meant to be entertainment - and boy do we pay a price for it! In situations like this , us fans are left utterly in the dark as to what is going through what passes for the referee's brain - we deserve an explanation :grr::grr::grr:

If that has Sparky missing key games then i agree. That tosser of a ref has clearly never played the game or understands the importance of the goal and occasion. And also ask him why - if it was a booking for Sparky - why did he not also book GOC who running with him behind the goals. What was the difference and the offence ?

HH81
01-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Is that him out the semi final? :confused:

Sean1875
01-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Is that him out the semi final? :confused:

First game after the split im sure someone said. :agree:

BEEJ
01-04-2012, 06:40 PM
You could make a lengthy DVD of SPL players who have done much the same this season without so much as a word from the referee.

Griffiths seems to be fair game as far as the refereeing fraternity is concerned.

keithkeith
01-04-2012, 08:54 PM
As soon as he scored and jumped the advertising boards, the referee blew his whistle frantically.

I assumed it was for jumping the boards, but it may be that they are deeming the heart as a gesture to the Caley fans?

Either way, it's ridiculous. If you can't celebrate an important goal, what can you do?

Probably rather lose him for Motherwell game than a game after the split?

Andy74
01-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Ref was on the whistle before he, barely, left the pitch. Pathetic.

Sir David Gray
01-04-2012, 09:45 PM

Not so.

LAW 12 - Fouls and misconduct

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence in itself but it is essential that players return to the field of play as soon as possible.

Jonnyboy
01-04-2012, 09:51 PM
What a load of crap.

Leaving the field of play? We should start booking players for taking corners and throw in's aswell then. Last week I seen a player chasing the ball to the by-line and get knocked over an advertising hording. By the latter of the law, should he get booked aswell?

Only in this ****ing country.

Indeed. Most of our lot should get booked for entering the field of play :greengrin

capi
06-04-2012, 03:02 PM
No sign of a suspension on SFA site. Referee must have deemed it leaving field of play, which carries a one point penalty.

Sean1875
06-04-2012, 04:26 PM
No sign of a suspension on SFA site. Referee must have deemed it leaving field of play, which carries a one point penalty.
So just to clear this up, if he gets booked against 'Well this weekend, will he be out the semi? Dont have a clue whats going on :greengrin

PaulSmith
06-04-2012, 04:27 PM

No such thing as points now

Caution was on April 1st so should be in here... http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2011/12/April2012/PlayerSuspensions/LOS38(05-APR).pdf

It's not but STV have him suspended for one game (V Killie) at home on the 15th.

nonshinyfinish
06-04-2012, 04:31 PM
So just to clear this up, if he gets booked against 'Well this weekend, will he be out the semi? Dont have a clue whats going on :greengrin

Would only apply in the league.

Sean1875
06-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Would only apply in the league.

cheers :aok:

Wotherspiniesta
07-04-2012, 11:13 AM
So, what's the difference between Leigh leaving the field of play to celebrate and Charlie Mulgrew leaving the field of play to celebrate?

I'll tell you!

Leigh gets booked and Mulgrew doesnae.

SFA GTF.

Billy Whizz
07-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Checked the SFA website and he's not suspended

givescotlandfreedom
07-04-2012, 12:37 PM
So, what's the difference between Leigh leaving the field of play to celebrate and Charlie Mulgrew leaving the field of play to celebrate?

I'll tell you!

Leigh gets booked and Mulgrew doesnae.

SFA GTF.

Leigh plays for Hibs and top-dad plays for Celtic

Mikey
07-04-2012, 12:39 PM
What's the deal with reporting things to the compliance officer? Can fans do that too?

Not simply to get Mulgrew into trouble in this instance, but to highlight the inconsistency.

DaveF
07-04-2012, 12:57 PM
What's the deal with reporting things to the compliance officer? Can fans do that too?

Not simply to get Mulgrew into trouble in this instance, but to highlight the inconsistency.

Good luck with that one. You can try to contact Darryl Broadfoot, but he'll more than likely blank you - as he did when I pointed him towards James Dayton's pathetic dive during the last Kilmarnock game at ER.

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2012, 01:05 PM

Its hardly worthwhile when we are actually told by the ref's they referee the old firm differently to the rest of the clubs. There is a separate rule book for them, to the one we use.:rolleyes:

c31
07-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Good luck with that one. You can try to contact Darryl Broadfoot, but he'll more than likely blank you - as he did when I pointed him towards James Dayton's pathetic dive during the last Kilmarnock game at ER.

This is where our board should be more active, they are pathetic and their acceptance of everything that happens in SPL and this echos down to the team, meek sums them up. Decisions like this should be challenged by Petrie and Co always but there is nothing.

All the papers should be given a press release every time there are issues like this by Hibs stating the inconsistences that occur in the game, demanding fairness but our board are a joke, they will succumb to the old firm week in and week out and say nothing, no wonder we are easy beat.

Mikey
07-04-2012, 01:32 PM

Got an address for him you can PM me?

07-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Sonny Aluko never got booked for jumping up on the wall last weekend but that was alright cause he plays for Rangers, Consistency eh!

Doesn't surprise me one bit, same old story. One set of rules for the OF, another set of rules for everybody else.

East Coast Hibe
07-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Charlie Mulgrew ran behind the goals today at Kilmarnock when he scored Celtic's first goal - no booking ????

brog
08-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Ref was on the whistle before he, barely, left the pitch. Pathetic.

Yep, you can hear the whistle almost as soon as the ball goes in net. I'm trying to remember the game at ER earlier this season when LG scored, the ref immediately chased him to the corner flag but Leigh did a bodyswerve, may have gone behind the goal, & left the ref looking like an idiot in the corner! At least he wasn't booked that time.
There's no doubt in my mind that LG's a marked man with refs.