PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon - REactive management at its very best

DC_Hibs
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Yet again he refuses to change things until we go a goal behind.

It was clear our midfield were rank from the word go but nowt is done until Soares is ready to come on as soon as they score.

Steven_Hibs
01-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Despite what people have being saying about Stevenson, I dont rate him, Osbourne and Soares would be far better in the centre with Claros just behind. Need bigger physical players in the middle of the park. Stevenson is too wee

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Fenlons team selection to start was a joke, that midfield was a complete mess and easily improved by positional changes and personel.

ancient hibee
01-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Despite what people have being saying about Stevenson, I dont rate him, Osbourne and Soares would be far better in the centre with Claros just behind. Need bigger physical players in the middle of the park. Stevenson is too wee

Don't think you'll find too many 6 footers in the Barcelona midfield-or Arsenal's.

BoltonHibee
01-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Don't think you'll find too many 6 footers in the Barcelona midfield-or Arsenal's.

Fine when the ball is played on the carpet, not when it's hibs

jgl07
01-04-2012, 04:39 PM

Did it not occur to you that Soares is not fit enough to play more than 30 minutes at the moment?

Gordy M
01-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Fenlons team selection to start was a joke, that midfield was a complete mess and easily improved by positional changes and personel.

Whilst i agree with you, our midfield has been poor the last few games, think he tried something else and it didn't work. A lot of people on here have been shouting for changes for a few weeks now. I personally think that Francomb, ozzy(in the middle), claros and soares is our best midfield, but i do understand why he tried something different. Just glad we got the three points. :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-04-2012, 04:48 PM
....and as a rough guess, how many of those type of players fit into our price range?

ancient hibee
01-04-2012, 04:54 PM
....and as a rough guess, how many of those type of players fit into our price range?

What's that got to do with the size of Stevenson?

JennaFletcher
01-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Towell and Stevenson were very weak in midfield today.

I would have Soares and Osbourne in the middle. Ivan can be good on his day but I see him as much more of a threat when he is put on in the last 20 mins when there are tired legs and he has the pace to get past the other team.

I think Francombe could be used in mid too. Claros also - to pick out the passes in a Beuzy type role.

Thought Doyle looked spritely when he came on and put together a few good passes, hopefully see some competition for places up front. GOC looked too slow at times, if he is to score we need people to feed it to him, he is an excellent finisher but he doesn't have the pace. I think I'd rather see Doyle & Griffiths have a go now up front for the energy and pace. And my midfield of choice (mentioned above) to control the game behind.

muzzhfc
01-04-2012, 05:01 PM
yas, just what i want to be reading after a victory, that while we were poor, showed we had steel to get back into the match. a negative thread about our manager. FFS. no wonder our ****ing home form is so ****ing *****

N.Wales Hibby
01-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Presume you weren't at the game,REMOVED

Did I read that last word correctly.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2012, 05:06 PM

Glad you managed to get the quote, i presume happyhibbie will be along in a bit to hand out the mandatory warning.

N.Wales Hibby
01-04-2012, 05:09 PM

It appears I did. Dryan I think you owe Blackpool an apology.

Elephant Stone
01-04-2012, 05:12 PM

If you enjoy having an anonymous midfield, unable to make three passes and second to none for isolating the strikers then you've got your central pairing spot on.

AlbertK86
01-04-2012, 05:52 PM

Spot on

scoopyboy
01-04-2012, 05:55 PM

Barcelona or Arsenal don't play in the SPL though, can you not find an example a bit closer to home to prove your point?

marinello59
01-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Glad you managed to get the quote, i presume happyhibbie will be along in a bit to hand out the mandatory warning.

So Admin remove an abusive comment aimed at yourself and your best response is to have a cheap dig at a member of the Admin team. No need is there?

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2012, 06:24 PM
So Admin remove an abusive comment aimed at yourself and your best response is to have a cheap dig at a member of the Admin team. No need is there?

Thats not a cheap dig at an admin, he was on the page looking at this thread. thats a fair comment on how i think abusive warnings are administered on here, calling someone a clown got me a warning, and using the c word i'd imagine might get the same punishment, unless of course as i think in his case its just me?

PS how am i supposed to know the comment was removed by an admin, when the last time i'd looked it looked like he'd removed it himself?

marinello59
01-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Thats not a cheap dig at an admin, he was on the page looking at this thread. thats a fair comment on how i think abusive warnings are administered on here, calling someone a clown got me a warning, and using the c word i'd imagine might get the same punishment, unless of course as i think in his case its just me?

PS how am i supposed to know the comment was removed by an admin, when the last time i'd looked it looked like he'd removed it himself?

So you noticed him looking at a thread he hadn't posted on and decided to have a dig at him for not warning another poster for abusing you? Even though you have no idea if that is the case or not. That's hardly fair is it?

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2012, 06:47 PM
So you noticed him looking at a thread he hadn't posted on and decided to have a dig at him for not warning another poster for abusing you? Even though you have no idea if that is the case or not. That's hardly fair is it?

I prompted him to take the appropriate action, thats fair is it not? Anyway thats me out now, going down the pub to get plastered. Not had a drink for a week, tonight seems a good time to address that. :aok:

marinello59
01-04-2012, 06:48 PM
I prompted him to take the appropriate action, thats fair is it not? Anyway thats me out now, going down the pub to get plastered. Not had a drink for a week, tonight seems a good time to address that. :aok:

You obviously need one then. :greengrin

Andy74
01-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Yet again he refuses to change things until we go a goal behind.

It was clear our midfield were rank from the word go but nowt is done until Soares is ready to come on as soon as they score.

A bit quick off the old blocks there I see. Started a thread mid game against Fenlon. Classic.

SMAXXA
01-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Whilst i agree with you, our midfield has been poor the last few games, think he tried something else and it didn't work. A lot of people on here have been shouting for changes for a few weeks now. I personally think that Francomb, ozzy(in the middle), claros and soares is our best midfield, but i do understand why he tried something different. Just glad we got the three points. :aok:

This!!!!! :agree:

Your dammed if you do and dammed if you dont springs to mind, some people are just never satisfied.

J-C
01-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Did it not occur to you that Soares is not fit enough to play more than 30 minutes at the moment?

They said he's hardly been training recently

Baldy Foghorn
01-04-2012, 08:11 PM
A bit quick off the old blocks there I see. Started a thread mid game against Fenlon. Classic.

Brilliant eh, have a look on match thread for some real belters, imagine if we had lost, there would be carnage on here, I cant get my head around some of the nonsense posted at times:confused:

Steven_Hibs
01-04-2012, 09:03 PM

Aye, but Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi are no lightweight are they

Steven_Hibs
01-04-2012, 09:07 PM
If you enjoy having an anonymous midfield, unable to make three passes and second to none for isolating the strikers then you've got your central pairing spot on.

Soares said himself he prefers being in the middle, yet he's been mostly out wider. But you are saying that the two in the centre today would be better? :rolleyes:

KWJ
02-04-2012, 05:00 AM
Only Stack had a good game for us today but Stevenson was probably our best outfield player I thought. He did very little wrong where as the others all did plenty to pull your hair out.

Seveno
02-04-2012, 06:46 AM

Pay attention to how often he wins the ball in the air. He out jumps players who are much taller.

hibsbollah
02-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Brilliant eh, have a look on match thread for some real belters, imagine if we had lost, there would be carnage on here, I cant get my head around some of the nonsense posted at times:confused:

The match thread is a bedwetters convention and has been for weeks. Really hilarious. Shut up and go to the games for once.

Elephant Stone
02-04-2012, 07:40 AM
But you are saying that the two in the centre today would be better? :rolleyes:

Not necessarily but I can't see Osbourne and Soares being a decent pair. In the centre you need someone with some aggression or at least somone willing to close down at pace and make it difficult for the other team, someone who is lively and always looking to get on the ball and recevie a pass. Osbourne, IMO, is too casual and his distribution is woeful week after week, I know he's been playing out wide but that shouldn't stop him doing the basics. If he was playing alongside a decent player in the centre maybe he'd look better himself but I can't see it working out alongside Soares who I think is similar to Osbourne in that he floats about wanting to take all day and who has been a total passenger so far if things aren't going our way.

Steven_Hibs
02-04-2012, 09:43 AM
In the centre you need someone with some aggression or at least somone willing to close down at pace and make it difficult for the other team, someone who is lively and always looking to get on the ball and recevie a pass.

:top marksAgree, this should be Fenlons mission, to get 3 or 4 players like this

MB62
02-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Brilliant result, if not performance, but the result is of number importance at this stage of the season and I thought the guys fought well after going a goal down. No problems with Fenlon trying to change things as the guys he has been playing recently have not done the business. However, again, the midfield was not working though and we were being over run in there. Why he thinks the slowest man in the world can play right wing is beyond me, and equally as baffling is playing Ivan wide left. Twice within the space of 5 mins in that first half, Ivan had a chance to burst forward towards goal and both times he was stopped because his left foot is simply for standing on and he failed to control the ball properly.
A 3-2 win up at a place where most teams struggle to win and a place where we in particular have struggled to even score, has to be seen as a huge positive so well done to all the players involved. I thought Stack was superb from start to finish yesterday, this is a player who I feel has contirbuted big style to some of our poor results throughout the season but he a great game yesterday.

One thing I may be reading too much in to was after the final whistle yesterday. Fenlon shook hands with as many opposition players as he could find but only Osbourne (I think it was) gave him a wee bit of a slap rather than shake. I only saw this on T.V. so maybe after the camera cut away it was different. I just thought there was a hint of discontent but as I say, maybe I misread the situation, hopefully.

CentreLine
02-04-2012, 09:57 AM

I'm all for big players in midfield like Johnny Hamilton, Pat Quinn, Peter Cormack, Eric Stevenson, Alex Edwards, Alex Cropley, John Collins, John O'Neill, Russel Latapy, et al. All big midfield players for us and how we could do with some more like them. But not one of them 6ft or physical.

truehibernian
02-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Every time I watch Greg Tansey I am left impressed. Good on the ball, in the air, and has a real air of composure. Not afraid to take the game on. Very like Boozy minus the gallic flair.

Hayes as well would be a terrific addition. Has an end product, dynamic and pacey.

Keith Lasley is another one I'd look at.

Add Pascali at the back, and maybe John Sutton, I think we could start to build an SPL experienced side, with our youngsters coming in too.

For me getting Leigh, McPake and Francomb signed up from the loanees is a priority. New keeper a must, creative midfielder essential, and rock solid centre half to partner JM.

GOC, Sproule, Stack, Brown, Stephens, O'Hanlon and Galbraith to leave. Jury still out for me with DW......good player but don't think he and Hibs are fitting.