PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 v. Hibernian 3

Pages : [1] 2 3

nonshinyfinish
01-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Right, we need a bit of a shake-up on the match updates thread-starter front, so I'm stepping up today.

Weather?

Teams?

Non-specific moaning and pessimism?

Lucius Apuleius
01-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Freakin scorching on the slave coast!!!!

First time in years I have worn my Hibs strip into the office :greengrin

Confidence is oozing from every pore.

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Hibbyradge
01-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Freakin scorching on the slave coast!!!!

Confidence is oozing from every pore.

You've been away too long, G. We still call it sweat in Scotland. :agree:

AldoHFC
01-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Heard from a reliable source that Richie Towell will be starting.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Heard from a reliable source that Richie Towell will be starting.

Forgot about him. Right back or in midfield?

NOLA
01-04-2012, 11:12 AM
why coudnt this have been played yesterday at 3?

Hibbyradge
01-04-2012, 11:14 AM
why coudnt this have been played yesterday at 3?

Because ESPN isn't allowed to show games live when there are other fixtures being played.

bingo70
01-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Because ESPN isn't allowed to show games live when there are other fixtures being played.

Stupid rule that, don't understand the logic to it at all

AldoHFC
01-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Forgot about him. Right back or in midfield?

i have been told midfield with a back 4 of kujabi, mcpake, hanlon and francomb.

At The Edge
01-04-2012, 11:27 AM

Happy with that defence, curious on the midfield though?
Any word on our keeper today?

HibbyAndy
01-04-2012, 11:28 AM

Wotherspoon drops even further down the pecking order.

AldoHFC
01-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Happy with that defence, curious on the midfield though?
Any word on our keeper today?

what i said is all i can remember sorry but I am presuming stack.

Hibbyradge
01-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Stupid rule that, don't understand the logic to it at all

Really? It seems obvious to me, but maybe I'm labouring under a misapprehension.

Live TV games would reduce the attendances of other games being played.

For example, if Celtic v Rangers was on at the same time as Montrose v East Fife, loads of folk would watch the OF game instead of going along to Links Park.

Away supporters would have another temptation to keep them from travelling.

Imagine the consequences if the Man City v Man U game later this season is shown live at the same time as other games.

Granted, it wouldn't stop the hard core supporters from watching their club, but the less committed would be affected.

bingo70
01-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Would people really not go and see there own team cos another game was on the Tele? Could maybe see the point for big games but I don't see why it has to be a rule, I really don't think hibs against Inverness would stop any fan from seeing there own team that they support.

Anyway, this is a debate for another thread, up the greens.

Pretty Boy
01-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Come on Hibs.

Had half thought about going up but the thumping headache, dodgy curry belly and stale beer taste from last night stopped that.

Few hair of the dogs for me and hopefully an improved performance and at least a point!

HibbyAndy
01-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Come on Hibs.

Had half thought about going up but the thumping headache, dodgy curry belly and stale beer taste from last night stopped that.

Few hair of the dogs for me and hopefully an improved performance and at least a point!

Ringstingriffic.

Forza Fred
01-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Its live on Setanta over here on a rainy Sydney night, after a couple of near scorching days.

I've been a good boy, but nevertheless I'll subject myself to the required dose of punishment by watching it before a few hours kip and off to work.

Fingers and toes crossed that we get an early goal and can hang on to take something out of this one..we cant keep relying on the pars to get beat EVERY week.

Will be interesting to see the team selection :flag:

weonlywon6-2
01-04-2012, 12:16 PM
3 points today would be a massive boost for us all.

c`mon hibs!!:thumbsup:

Mac
01-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Really? It seems obvious to me, but maybe I'm labouring under a misapprehension.

Live TV games would reduce the attendances of other games being played.

For example, if Celtic v Rangers was on at the same time as Montrose v East Fife, loads of folk would watch the OF game instead of going along to Links Park.

Away supporters would have another temptation to keep them from travelling.

Imagine the consequences if the Man City v Man U game later this season is shown live at the same time as other games.

Granted, it wouldn't stop the hard core supporters from watching their club, but the less committed would be affected.

you really do spout some, eh??

The only reason why games that are being shown live do not clash with the majority of the fixtures, 3pm saturday, is nothing to do with the impact it will have on attendances, why would somone following hibs not go because motherwell v st mirren is being shown live for example??

The reason for this is TV companies pay a lot of money for the rights and therefor they need the viewing figures, if there is no other game on then the neutral will be more likely to tune in and absolutely nothing to do with reducing the attendances at other games, quite the opposite as the TV will be the ones who would be affected more.

john18722
01-04-2012, 12:51 PM

The only reason why games that are being shown live do not clash with the majority of the fixtures, 3pm saturday, is nothing to do with the impact it will have on attendances, why would somone following hibs not go because motherwell v st mirren is being shown live for example??

The reason for this is TV companies pay a lot of money for the rights and therefor they need the viewing figures, if there is no other game on then the neutral will be more likely to tune in and absolutely nothing to do with reducing the attendances at other games, quite the opposite as the TV will be the ones who would be affected more.

I would argue that its probably both....

nonshinyfinish
01-04-2012, 12:54 PM
I would argue that its probably both....

:agree:

Littlest Hobo
01-04-2012, 01:02 PM

Both of you should stop trying to get one up on each other and admit that the truth lays somewhere beetwen the two of your statements.

Liam89
01-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Hibernian: Stack, Doherty, McPake, Hanlon, Kujabi, Towell, Stevenson, Osbourne, Sproule, O’Connor, Griffiths

SUBS: Brown, O'Hanlon, Claros, Doyle, Soares, O'Donovan, Francomb

Pretty Boy
01-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Hibernian: Stack, Doherty, McPake, Hanlon, Kujabi, Towell, Stevenson, Osbourne, Sproule, O’Connor, Griffiths

SUBS: Brown, O'Hanlon, Claros, Doyle, Soares, O'Donovan, Francomb

Ozzy back to the centre is good. As is O'Connor and Griffiths up front. McPake being back is vital.

Not sure about Towell coming back in from nowhere and Sproule on the left. Does not work! I know he doesn't like playing there but give Booth a run at left mid.

Still I'm being positive today so I know this team is going to surprise me and bag the 3 points.

Hibbyradge
01-04-2012, 01:16 PM

Was there any need for that? :confused:

The only reason

Seriously? Just one single reason?

why would somone following hibs not go because motherwell v st mirren is being shown live for example??

I don't suppose many folk would miss out on going to a real game if there was a match that didn't interest them on TV. However, more glamorous games would tempt people.

Don't you think that Barcelona v Real Madrid live on TV would impact on attendances of UK domestic games? I do.

Why pay £22 to watch Hibs v Bore FC when there's skill and entertainment on show for free?

If Man U were live at the same time as Hibs were playing, I'm absolutely certain that there would be people who might have been considering going to ER, that would just decide not to.

Folk already find it easy enough to avoid going to games without other live football on TV. If there was a live game, I'm absolutely certain that some people would decide to save themselves a few quid and watch it at home.

Also, loads of folk support 2 teams. Some folk already miss Hibs games to go and see their English side. If they were live on TV, it would be even easier.

A good number of folk support their local team, but also like one of the Old Firm. If the OF were on TV, their local team would suffer.

Fancy going to the match today? Nah, I'm playing golf. Nah, I'm Christmas shopping. Nah, I'm watching the Spurs game on TV.

Don't you think there's any possibility of any these scenarios?

Interestiing point. I wonder why the Liverpool v Everton game was screened live by Sky when there were Champions League games on too.

Edit: UEFA state that the rules of broadcasting are in place in order to "to protect the interests of football in the territory of each national association."

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/88494.pdf

Mikey_1875
01-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Worrying midfield especially the wings. Liking goc and Griffiths though hopefully they link up like they have in previous away days!

Hibbyradge
01-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Both of you should stop trying to get one up on each other and admit that the truth lays somewhere beetwen the two of your statements.

In what way have I been trying to get one up on anyone?

Someone, not Mac, asked a question and I gave an opinion. I didn't think it was in the least controversial.

Pretty Boy
01-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Also worrying is that most of that team pre dates Fenlon.

The majority of his signings benched today.

Hibbyradge
01-04-2012, 01:23 PM

Good spot!

matty_f
01-04-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure about the midfield either. Not sure what the system will be there, to be honest. Some decent options on the bench though.

I don't know why we don't go with Doherty at right back and Francomb at right mid, to be honest.

Hibi
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM

Why is it worrying? Soares, Claros look like they have quality but have been poor over last couple of games, surely a positive that the manager has dropped when not performing as they can/should.

Bayern Bru
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM

Personally I'd prefer Hibs to put out their strongest team, and if it includes pre-Fenlon players then why not?

Or do you reckon Fenlon should always play the players he's brought in? Should we start with Doyle and O'Donovan up front every match? :wink:

Mac
01-04-2012, 01:31 PM

sorry mate youve lost me, ive made one post in regards to a wayward statement so ive no idea where your getting 'one up,manship' from???

As to clarify i used to be involved in the stats and contracts that were involved with TV, from playing a match where attendances may lose a few hundred thousand at the very, very most to the loss of millions of viewers from a saturday at 3pm, not only from people attending matches but also work commitments and other social events that would be more likely to take place than on a Sunday.

JennaFletcher
01-04-2012, 01:32 PM
I think this one will be a high scoring game maybe 3-2.... to Hibs :flag:

Both teams are desperate for the points, ICT will want to clear away from Hibs and Pars at the bottom and Hibs will want to get as far away as possible from Pars so predict a goal rush.

Peevemor
01-04-2012, 01:33 PM

When league matches were first televised live (Sunday afternoons IIRC), it was definitely the league that stipulated that televised matches couldn't clash with games being played so as not to affect attendances.

Mac
01-04-2012, 01:34 PM

Someone, not Mac, asked a question and I gave an opinion. I didn't think it was in the least controversial.

I agree entirely, not sure where he got that one from!!!

Hibbyradge
01-04-2012, 01:35 PM
From Wikipedia:

No games kicking off at 3 pm on a Saturday, the traditional British kick-off time, may be broadcast live on television in Britain, with the exceptions of the FA Cup Final and the Scottish Cup Final. This is to ensure attendances at lower league games taking place at the same time as Premier League fixtures that might otherwise be broadcast on television.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_on_television

Matty_Jack04
01-04-2012, 01:40 PM
someone got a link to the radio coverage?

this new bbc website is taking an age to get used too

:aok:

matty_f
01-04-2012, 01:41 PM
From Wikipedia:

No games kicking off at 3 pm on a Saturday, the traditional British kick-off time, may be broadcast live on television in Britain, with the exceptions of the FA Cup Final and the Scottish Cup Final. This is to ensure attendances at lower league games taking place at the same time as Premier League fixtures that might otherwise be broadcast on television.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_on_television

Did it not used to be back in the day that virtually no football could be shown on tv if there were games being played? I can mind being bemused as a youngster at not being able to watch a game because some random game was on.

Hibbyradge
When league matches were first televised live (Sunday afternoons IIRC), it was definitely the league that stipulated that televised matches couldn't clash with games being played so as not to affect attendances.

In the recent legal case against the pub landlady who was showing games on a Greek satellite dish, the Premier League argued that that allowing Premier League matches which kick off at 3pm on Saturdays to be broadcast in the UK would adversely affect attendances at the majority of lower league matches, which take place at the same time.

Spike Mandela

Noticed that. 5 of the January signings on the bench:confused:

Has Fenlon decided his signings ain't all that, I mean Towell preferred to Soares and Claros:confused:

Has he made his mind up about a Settled team yet? Very strange.

Oh well come on Hibs, CC's team done it up there so anything is possible.

Littlest Hobo
01-04-2012, 01:42 PM

NOLA
01-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Murray on for Miler yet??

Pretty Boy
Personally I'd prefer Hibs to put out their strongest team, and if it includes pre-Fenlon players then why not?

Or do you reckon Fenlon should always play the players he's brought in? Should we start with Doyle and O'Donovan up front every match? :wink:

It worries me because it suggests the players we have brought in are now felt to be no better than what has gone before.

If we're relying on the likes of Towell and Sproule to get us out of this mess then I'm happy to admit to certain concerns.

Although as I said before I'd be even happier if the side today prove me wrong.

N.Wales Hibby
someone got a link to the radio coverage?

this new bbc website is taking an age to get used too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17534079

This should work.

thebakerboy
01-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Now very worried about today 'cause I think Sproule and O'Connor should be in the stand and nowhere near the first team but I do hope they prove me wrong , but Claros on the bench is fine as he has not been very good lately and hopefully Soares can have more effect as a sub.

Keith_M
01-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Is there any chance that the thread hijackers that want to discuss TV matches and their effect on attendances could start another thread and discuss it there? I'm sure it's a worthy subject but a lot of us rely on the Match Update Thread to get our fix of games.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Matty_Jack04
01-04-2012, 01:53 PM

This should work.

cheers mate

Keith_M
01-04-2012, 01:55 PM

This should work.

Inverness CT v Hibernian Live commentary from BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound.
Please note, this match is only available to listeners in the UK.

:boo hoo:

N.Wales Hibby
01-04-2012, 01:57 PM
cheers mate

:flag: C'mon the Hibeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

NOLA
01-04-2012, 01:59 PM
we scored yet?

carnoustiehibee
Have £5 on livingston, Bolton, Newcastle and hibs for £623

Surely hibs wouldn't blow it would they???

Keith_M
we scored yet?

About 6:50 this morning.

:wink:

BoltonHibee
01-04-2012, 02:00 PM
In a must win game, it seems like a strange line up.

down-the-slope
01-04-2012, 02:00 PM

This should work.

:aok: cheers big ears...The new Beeb site must have been 'designed' by a right bunch of buffoons.....

nonshinyfinish
01-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Hibees Hibees Hibees Hibees Hibees Hibees!

down-the-slope
01-04-2012, 02:02 PM
In a must win game, it seems like a strange line up.

Fenlon saying 3 points would be great.....but we must not lose....

So maybe a bit of the Alex Miller style today

Judas Iscariot
01-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Stevenson & Towell in CM :confused:

Please prove my worst fears wrong :rolleyes:

BoltonHibee
01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Fenlon saying 3 points would be great.....but we must not lose....

So maybe a bit of the Alex Miller style today

Dangerous approach, and with Hibs generally had one outcome

Liam89
atmosphere is awful, can hear the players shouting/ball hitting the surface. It's like a funeral!!

faffkid
Inverness CT v Hibernian

Live commentary from BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound.
Please note, this match is only available to listeners in the UK.

:boo hoo:

I'm in Queenstown and know how you feel. I can listen to 'Radio Nan Gaidheal' live but no Hibs game for me! Hopefully the game is worth pulling a late one for. 'Mon the Hibs!!!

down-the-slope
01-04-2012, 02:06 PM
poor hibs support according to commentators...people saving time / money for semi ?

BoltonHibee
01-04-2012, 02:06 PM
atmosphere is awful, can hear the players shouting/ball hitting the surface. It's like a funeral!!

It's like a non league game

down-the-slope
01-04-2012, 02:07 PM
save Stack with legs....Doherty beated to ball

hibee_girl
01-04-2012, 02:08 PM
poor hibs support according to commentators...people saving time / money for semi ?

Might be down to the change in time, folk will have made arrangements for the original 12.30 KO but might not have been able to make the 3.00 KO

Judas Iscariot
All over the place already, why the **** are we so bad?!

Bristolhibby
Free kick ICT just outside our box.

Ballooned over

Liam89
It's like a non league game

Okay, your simile wins. :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
01-04-2012, 02:09 PM
We look well up for this :rolleyes:

Caley should be 2 up .

Hibbyradge
01-04-2012, 02:09 PM

You are.

silverhibee
01-04-2012, 02:10 PM
150 away fans.

HibeeEmma
01-04-2012, 02:10 PM

Support looks shocking. Stadium is empty!

SRHibs
01-04-2012, 02:12 PM
One of the worst SPL atmospheres I've ever seen.

Saorsa
150 away fans.hardly surprising given the game was shifted then shifted again :bitchy:

down-the-slope
another stack save...from Hayes...oh why did he have to come back today

Wotherspiniesta
Another effort from Caley.

Just a matter of when.

matty_f
It's all Inverness.

HibeeEmma
One of the worst SPL atmospheres I've ever seen.
Have to agree. Embarrassing. Big well done to those who went though

Liam_Hibs
01-04-2012, 02:13 PM
We've started really poorly. Need someone to get the ball down on the ground and dictate the game!

Mikey_1875
01-04-2012, 02:13 PM
To be fair although 3 points would be great they are certainly not imperative and this isn't a must win game especially with dunfermline getting beat. This along with a late Sunday kick off in Inverness I think we can forgive a poor crowd!

Grim start though

Judas Iscariot
01-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Basic schoolboy stuff from Hibs, not marking the thrower, so simple, still unable to do the basics!!!

Please get a foot on the ball Hibs :pray:

joe breezy
This is like watching a poorly attended Irish League match or a reserve game, what a come down from Newcastle Liverpool

HibeeEmma
Why does it take Hibs so long to get into a match?

Was the same at the hearts game

Inverness are running the show here

Elephant Stone
This is horrible.

Craig_in_Prague
01-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Seen better pub teams than Hibs.

R'Albin
01-04-2012, 02:17 PM
I really can't be arsed with the next 75 minutes..

Hibby70
01-04-2012, 02:17 PM
I'll eat a bath of beans if we somehow manage to win this. We truly are awful.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Seen better pub teams than Hibs.

Thats the real reason why there is hardly anyone in the away end.

Emerald
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM
For all of those saying Pat Fenlon has made a difference, just have a look at this . He's a part time pub team manager and will never make hibs a good team. Waste of ******g time.

Judas Iscariot
01-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Stevenson's use of the ball is utterly awful, need a bit composure in there!!!!!

Dirkster23
01-04-2012, 02:19 PM
We never look as if we want to hold onto the ball and make something happen. It's like a hot tattie and it's only a matter of time before we're punished for GOC and Sparky playing blind flicks into the middle of the park.

Hibby70
01-04-2012, 02:20 PM
The stream I'm watching keeps covering the screen with an advert every 5 mins or so. I'm looking forward to the next one.

HibeeEmma
01-04-2012, 02:21 PM
I'll eat a bath of beans if we somehow manage to win this. We truly are awful.

Am 100% holding you to that post!

My eagerness to watch the game has increased

:flag:

Elephant Stone
Have we managed three passes in a row yet?

HUTCHYHIBBY
For all of those saying Pat Fenlon has made a difference, just have a look at this . He's a part time pub team manager and will never make hibs a good team. Waste of ******g time.

This should be fun!
FWIW you are probably right tho.

Judas Iscariot

Didn't realise we were getting beat already :cool2:

LancashireHibby
01-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Have we managed three passes in a row yet?
Have we managed a pass yet?

Dan Sarf
01-04-2012, 02:23 PM
The stream I'm watching keeps covering the screen with an advert every 5 mins or so. I'm looking forward to the next one.

That attractive blonde girl and her friend in hot pants look like they could liven up our defence.

lucky
01-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Is Towel colour blind? He seems unable to pass to anyone in green

SRHibs
01-04-2012, 02:24 PM
I think Hibernian FC are just a cursed team these days. We make seemingly capable managers - based on their jobs prior to Hibs - turn *****. We make players of a decent calibre look like they wouldn't hold their own in a pub team. We're so, so, so bad.

LancashireHibby
01-04-2012, 02:25 PM
At least we're not losing yet.

BoltonHibee
01-04-2012, 02:26 PM
At least we're not losing yet.

Which in itself is a miracle

Hibbyradge
01-04-2012, 02:27 PM
How pish is ESPN? Where are the replays?

Mikey_1875
01-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Lack of fight/battle in the team. All too familiar a story. Can't stand it when players don't even want the ball or look like there trying. No excuse for it no matter how pish we are ability wise.

Elephant Stone
01-04-2012, 02:28 PM

Once is more than enough.

silverhibee
01-04-2012, 02:28 PM
24th min, Towell gets his first touch of the ball.

Hibbyradge
01-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Once is more than enough.

Fair point!

hibee_girl
Where the hell are our players? Every time we attempt an attack we're lucky if there's one Hibs player in the box :rolleyes:

Beefster

In their defence, I don't think that there's been much worth replaying.

down the slope
We look like we are from Div 2 utterly pathetic.

LancashireHibby
I'm sure they will show one once something of note happens!

HibeeEmma
I'm starting to see a common thread running with each new manager. The problem is the there is no continual optimism that Hibs should be a 3/4th team in the spl. Each manager starts out with a change to the squad when they arrive and supporters are hopeful, but as performances don't pick up, the managers only aim to get minimally better. Each position is taken by a half decent player who have replaced the really bad ones. The team should be built up around 3-4 key, experienced, expensive players.

James70
01-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Watching this on ESPN with the sound turned down and listening to Johnnie Walker's Sounds of the Seventies. Somehow it makes the hoofball much more bearable!

We are playing like eleven amateur footballers who have just met for the first time. No passing, no organisation, and no skill.

Ah well, I'm enjoying the music at least! :greengrin

matty_f
26 minutes of absolute garbage from Hibs. We used to laugh at teams that played like this.

The_Todd

I was wondering that, but then its bad enough watching it once without having to see it multiple times.

HibeeEmma
01-04-2012, 02:32 PM

Didnt notice in comparison to how bad we are.

What is with Pa kujabi and bad passing out of defence!?

Dan Sarf
I'm sure they will show one once something of note happens!

I just spotted a big yellow lorry driving past outside the ground. Wouldn't mind seeing that again.

LancashireHibby
Sproule is absolute murder. Dreadful first touch and seems to have a pathological fear of using his left foot.

Judas Iscariot
01-04-2012, 02:33 PM
We're so slow to react all over the park, do these players know we're deep in a relegation battle :bitchy:

R'Albin
:yawn:

LancashireHibby
I just spotted a big yellow lorry driving past outside the ground. Wouldn't mind seeing that again.

I thought it was more of a dumper truck?

HibeeEmma
01-04-2012, 02:34 PM

Plenty hibs fans taking a while to get back to their seats after their mid-first half pie break

Westie1875
This is diabolical from Hibs, they look like they just can't be arsed. Pathetic performance. :bitchy:

silverhibee
Has PF been taking advice from Harry Potter. :rolleyes:

Dan Sarf

Could be. I'd have to see it again to be sure.

matty_f
01-04-2012, 02:35 PM
We're so slow to react all over the park, do these players know we're deep in a relegation battle :bitchy:

They don't even look like they know what sport they are playing.

blackpoolhibs
Get towel off and put francombe on the right then Osbourne in the middle. Not seen the subs, but sproule is another wasted shirt, and booth has to be a much better option.

Greenblood70
I don't think I can subject myself to the rest of this...garbage from Hibs. Ball like a hot tattie.

Can't believe we're reduced to playing this hoofball *****.

Mikey_1875
Caley hit the post. Two centre halves Awol.

hibee_girl
Jeezo how lucky are we that bounced out?!

HUTCHYHIBBY
Lucky escape there!

SRHibs
None of the players seem to have any awareness - they're either snapping at the ball when they're in acres of space, or sauntering around with it and getting caught in position. I think this is the first time in my years supporting Hibs, that I'd be perfectly happy to get rid of the entire 1st team.

givescotlandfreedom
Could be. I'd have to see it again to be sure.

Was kind of like a grit lorry to me.

HibeeEmma
01-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Saved by the post :rolleyes:

Maybe that will get us into gear

Lofarl
God even O'Connor would have scored that.

BoltonHibee
Great pass from Hanlon, unlucky Inverness

silverhibee
Why is GOC not captain today.

This is embarrassing.

The_Todd
This has all the feeling of an end of season match with nothing to play for. I really hope someone points out to our players that's only really true for Inverness.

LancashireHibby
01-04-2012, 02:37 PM
HUGE let off there. And all of our own making.

hibee_girl
I hate these manager interviews during the game!

Col2
The worst 30 mins I have seen from a Hibs team. ICT 1 on 1 and hits post. Should be 3 down.

Liam_Hibs
Jesus!

I'll be amazed if we win this. We have no one who can create anything. Really, really dire.

HibeeEmma
Since when did managers get interviewed during the game?!

Beefster
Our results might be worse but you can see from the performances that we've really improved under Fenlon.

Wotherspiniesta
God, we're garbage.

Can someone please put their foot on the ball and control the damn thing? The amount of times we've panicked just trying to get the ball away is embarassing.

Hibs Class
01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Sproule is absolute murder. Dreadful first touch and seems to have a pathological fear of using his left foot.

Now he has lost his pace he has nothing whatsoever to offer.

BoltonHibee
Is Garry O not allowed to jump and challenge for a ball?

StarMan10
TIME!!! someone tell the players that you need to have the ball to score. Just kicking the ball away as soon as we get it.

Elephant Stone
Hanlon used to be a midfielder :confused: How is it he is physically incapable of passing to a Hibs player?

down the slope
this is without doubt the worst Hibs team i have ever seen bar none , forget about staying up .

The_Todd
01-04-2012, 02:39 PM

Was kind of like a grit lorry to me.

I'm tempted to rewind it on TiVo to double check. That's how god awful this game is. I'll update everyone once I've checked.

Emerald
01-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Our results might be worse but you can see from the performances that we've really improved under Fenlon.

:faf: :not worth Pure comedy genius.

inglisavhibs
01-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Ozzy back to the centre is good. As is O'Connor and Griffiths up front. McPake being back is vital.

Not sure about Towell coming back in from nowhere and Sproule on the left. Does not work! I know he doesn't like playing there but give Booth a run at left mid.

Still I'm being positive today so I know this team is going to surprise me and bag the 3 points.

Unfortunately ozzy still out wide, absolutely shocking. Towel and Stevenson being completely dominated in midfield as usual. No forward threat at all from midfield. Griffiths and o'connor look like a couple of junior strikers. It's our back four against Inverness. Look's a matter of time. Hope i'm wrong. Losing any faith I had in Fenlon quickly. No shape,no threat,no urgency and very little ability.

Dashing Bob S
God, we're garbage.

Can someone please put their foot on the ball and control the damn thing? The amount of times we've panicked just trying to get the ball away is embarassing.

We'll be punished by a late goal and on this shooing its pretty much what we deserve.

HFC07
This is awfull stuff, Inverness have a real fight about them. Why can't we sting a few passes together

Newhaven
When are we allowed to start watching the spurs game?

SaulGoodman
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Has anyone else noticed that plastic bag floating about? It's great entertainment :agree:

Judas Iscariot
01-04-2012, 02:42 PM

The whole team is woeful, don't see why Sproule needs singled out..

At least he's contributed more this season than all the other midfielders in terms of goals and assists...

smurf
What does Kujabi do that Booth couldn't?

vahibbie
Hanlon used to be a midfielder :confused: How is it he is physically incapable of passing to a Hibs player?

WAS. He couldnae pass so somebody told him he was a defender.

matty_f

Oh the banter.

DaveF
Very grim viewing from a Hibs perspective and we are extremely unlucky to still be level.

Full marks to the 150 fans who travelled. Hopefully we pick up the pace in the 2nd half.

HUTCHYHIBBY
I'm tempted to rewind it on TiVo to double check. That's how god awful this game is. I'll update everyone once I've checked.

Looked like a gritter lorry to me!

son of haggart
Has anyone else noticed that plastic bag floating about? It's great entertainment :agree:

That's O'Connor, isn't it?

hibee_girl
01-04-2012, 02:43 PM

At least he's contributed more this season than all the other midfielders in terms of goals and assists...

And is being played out of position.

vahibbie
01-04-2012, 02:44 PM

Brilliant:greengrin

Emerald
What does Kujabi do that Booth couldn't?

Speak Swahili :dunno:

Ryan69
im absolutely certain that if you picked out 11 people from the crowd....They would do a better job.

Its beyond a joke,I just feel sorry for the poor fans that have made such a long trip.....Ive still to notice any that are happy or even smiling.

R'Albin
01-04-2012, 02:45 PM
:zzzzz!:

hibee_girl
For someone so 'big' GOC is pushed off the ball VERY easily

The_Todd

:hilarious

Judas Iscariot
01-04-2012, 02:46 PM
And is being played out of position.

It's part of the obsession on here to slate players that really care for the club but leave the dross loanees be..

cabbageandribs1875
I'm starting to see a common thread running with each new manager. The problem is the there is no continual optimism that Hibs should be a 3/4th team in the spl. Each manager starts out with a change to the squad when they arrive and supporters are hopeful, but as performances don't pick up, the managers only aim to get minimally better. Each position is taken by a half decent player who have replaced the really bad ones. The team should be built up around 3-4 key, experienced, expensive players.

if the board were given the choice of...

four decent quality players on 3k/4k per week

or,

eight journeymen/loan players on 1.5k/2k per week

they would go for the latter each and every time :agree: CC said he was going to change that....he didn't, cant see PF succeeding either

matty_f
Great burst of speed and control from nade....i mean O'Connor there.

HibeeEmma

:top marks

More entertainment on .net than there is In front of me

Callum_62
this is without doubt the worst Hibs team i have ever seen bar none , forget about staying up .

Incredible pace by BIG Gaz :greengrin

BoltonHibee
Anybody think that Fenlon is a bit of an imposter yet?

LancashireHibby

I posted it immediately after he had a chance of a clear run, but had to run around the ball to get it on to his right foot and in the meantime a defender nipped in. Far from singling him out, it was just the incident at the time. And in a similar vein, is O'Connor wearing lead boots?!

Liam89
I'm speechless

hibeemarley
01-04-2012, 02:47 PM
:zzzzz!:

Same. trying my best not to fall asleep.

R'Albin

:greengrin

Hibernian Verse
Have to say, Sproule is giving absolutely nothing.

James70

:faf:

son of haggart
:hilarious

Don't usually comment on your games, but that one was just too tempting

HibbyAndy
How the hell did we become this bad?..Seriously we are utter garbage.

givescotlandfreedom
Fat waste of space.

HibeeEmma
01-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Best player for hibs first half?

Got to be Stack

Think I'd be happy if we keep this draw until FT

Dirkster23

Because he's a dreadful footballer? I know you've got a bit of a man crush with him, but if you watch his performances this year he's been brutal.

Hibercelona
O'Conner should be banned from all local chip shops.

vahibbie
Daylight robbery.
Inverness should be at least 2 up.

Dan Sarf
01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
What date is this?

LancashireHibby
He should be banned from all football pitches.

hibee_girl
Have to say, Sproule is giving absolutely nothing.

Who is giving us anything?

R'Albin

Didn't you single out Stevenson for critism earlier in this thread :confused:

Beefster
01-04-2012, 02:50 PM

It's part of the obsession on here to slate players that really care for the club but leave the dross loanees be..

Surely the fact that he cares and still manages to perform as if he doesn't give a **** makes it even worse?

Mikey_1875
Half time. Miracle that it is 0-0. Surely will see something better 2nd half. I'd take towell off, put ozzy centre and soares wide. Can't be any worse hopefully.

Wotherspiniesta
Great to see Richie Towell back today. Doing a great job.

HibeeEmma

And tanning salons...

Elephant Stone
Does anyone want to own up for playing their part in creating the myth that Osbourne is a good player?

smurf
01-04-2012, 02:51 PM

Probably. Another example though of quantity not quality.

Liam89
01-04-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm glad everyone feels the same way as me in regards to this exciting game.

:hug: - Oh by the way, this smiley should be renamed - "Hug" does not cover what is really happening in it.

cabbageandribs1875
Because he's a dreadful footballer? I know you've got a bit of a man crush with him, but if you watch his performances this year he's been brutal.

:tee hee:

SaulGoodman

:agree: Think he's really solidified his place in the Starting 11 with that first half performance

Judas Iscariot
HT 0-0

It's been awful but in the grand scheme of things considering we've only ever once won up there and we're not bottom of the league by accident, I'm not overly disheartened..

A draw means we're basically 2 games in front of Dunfy & seeing as it's a draw atm we could just sneak a win like we did in July..

Could do with a change or 2, Sproule should be on the right, Towell has done heehaw, Osbourne is wasted out right, hook Towell for Claros, move Ozzy into CM with Claros, LS left wing, IS right wing, better balance and more composed players in CM..

silverhibee
01-04-2012, 02:53 PM

I blame the fans. :wink:

The_Todd
01-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Looked like a gritter lorry to me!

I've gone back, replayed it 10 times and asked my girlfriend. We're both sure it's a gritter too.

Onion
01-04-2012, 02:54 PM

:agree: Managed to watch the last 25 mins and this Hibs team and the individual players are just garbage. Totally depressing that we've ended up like this, and some people in the Hibs Board need to take a serious look at themselves for letting it happen. Suppose that's what happens when you're more interested in buildings than you are in the team.

edwards
01-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Well we have defended for 45 minutes lets try and attack a bit for the next 45.
Midfield not in the game at all need to make changes there.

silverhibee
01-04-2012, 02:55 PM

Its not chip shops he should be banned from....

Dan Sarf
I've gone back, replayed it 10 times and asked my girlfriend. We're both sure it's a gritter too.

Did the driver look as if he could deliver a ball? Maybe we could sign him up. The speed he was going, he can't be that far away.

matty_f
One of the worst performances I've ever witnessed, and I'm not exaggerating.

That was embarrassingly bad. There was not one single positive to come from Hibs there. We are lucky to have nil.

SteveHFC
Depressing crowd here. The cars coming over the bridge are becoming more interesting.

vahibbie

I like a woman that knows her lorries:wink:

Liam89
:agree: Think he's really solidified his place in the Starting 11 with that first half performance

El poodle must be ****ting himself. :agree:

hibee_girl
We seem to only be able to play well for 45 minutes lately so going on the 1st half our performance in the 2nd half should be the one to watch :aok:

At The Edge
01-04-2012, 02:56 PM
watching it on the telly is really bad, are we that awful?
dire dire stuff,
still 45 mins to go

silverhibee
01-04-2012, 02:57 PM

:tee hee:

SaulGoodman
I blame the fans. :wink:

If we all by season tickets we'll be challenging for third next season, provided we stay up

hibee_nation
Halfway to gaining a valuable point. Paddy has really got the boys up for this one. Could well be a bit of a drubbing for Caley second half. :pfgwa On a more serious note 30 of them smilleys would be our support up there today. :bevvied!:

matty_f
01-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Would take Towell off, thank him for his time at the club and never play him again.

Put Claros on, move Ozzy into the centre with him and Stevenson, drop O'Connor to the bench and bring on Francomb. Go 4-5-1 and try to take a grip of the game.

This 4-4-2 with these players is a f*****g disaster.

Col2
01-04-2012, 02:58 PM
The worst 30 mins I have seen from a Hibs team. ICT 1 on 1 and hits post. Should be 3 down.

Make that 45 mins. The players do know that we are only 3 points from the bottom of the league, don't they? Shocking. (would be just like us to win now)

The_Todd
01-04-2012, 02:59 PM
If we all by season tickets we'll be challenging for third next season, provided we stay up

And if we go down we can challenge for third in the first division. Win win.

Hibercelona
01-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Inverness were always going to be over running us with a 4-4-2 formation.

But to be honest, I don't think it would make any difference what set up we put out, we are utter garbage.

James70
01-04-2012, 03:00 PM
I wish that Hibs could be as sure of playing Premier League football next season as Rangers are.

Why are the Inverness players twice as quick as ours?

Why does every player we sign get worse the more games they play?

Why do Inverness seem to have more to play for than we do?

Why am I even bothered anymore?

smurf
Would take Towell off, thank him for his time at the club and never play him again.

Put Claros on, move Ozzy into the centre with him and Stevenson, drop O'Connor to the bench and bring on Francomb. Go 4-5-1 and try to take a grip of the game.

A ridiculous team selection from Fenlon.

Mikey_1875
Challenge cup starting on Alba.

Judas Iscariot
01-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Has Towell done anything?! Like even touched the ball, tackled, etc etc..

Not having a go it's actually a serious question as I can't remember him being involved in anything :confused:

Part/Time Supporter
01-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Embarrassingly awful. In some ways worse than the derby. There's one decent player there (McPake). I don't know what they're trying to do tactically. You could maybe excuse the performance with the ball if they were setting up solidly 4-5-1 and not conceding anything. In fact they're playing two up with Sproule and it's just sheer luck (and ICT not having that many good players either) that it's 0-0.

I don't know where they go from here.

matty_f
01-04-2012, 03:02 PM
A ridiculous team selection from Fenlon.

:agree: pish poor.

Emerald
01-04-2012, 03:03 PM

I think we should go with the 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 -1 plus Pat Fenlon up front driving the bus home formation. Useless shower 'o' h****ers. :na na:

cabbageandribs1875
01-04-2012, 03:04 PM
john robertson on the radio 'the poorest hibs team i've saw since i stopped playing' :aok: he's absolutely spot-on, whoever has been responsible for the demise of this club should be totally and utterly f***n ashamed of themselves, u B******s :agree:

The_Todd
01-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Uh oh. Second half has started.

To stave off boredom, here's another gritter

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n4r_xehJZjw/TSXwTnyOWtI/AAAAAAAAADU/1_mJIpqxvE4/s1600/a-gritter-snow-plough-clearing-the-path-957254171.jpg

essexhibee
01-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Was definately a gritting lorry.

smurf
:agree: pish poor.

Yet no changes at half time...

FromTheCapital
What is the point in lumping a high ball up to Leigh Griffiths who has no height and Garry O'Connor who has no pace and can't jump!

I'm flicking over to Spurs v Swansea. Canny watch this pish no more!

Oh! And another Caley corner...

cabbageandribs1875
01-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Challenge cup starting on Alba.

i was wondering where all the folk were going when i passed Almondvale earlier, thanks for that :aok:

falkirk just scored good timing

BoltonHibee
john robertson on the radio 'the poorest hibs team i've saw since i stopped playing' :aok: he's absolutely spot-on, whoever has been responsible for the demise of this club should be totally and utterly f***n ashamed of themselves, u B******s :agree:

But STF thinks he is doing a great job

Mikey_1875
1-0 Falkirk. Dodds after 1 min. Already a better game.

givescotlandfreedom

Yeessssss :party:

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-04-2012, 03:07 PM
That bridge is stunning!

hibee_girl
How bloody typical! Griffiths puts across a great ball yet there's no Hibs player there just to knock it in :grr:

The_Todd
Here's a gritter which is a metaphor for our season

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01554/gritter_1554373c.jpg

Forza Fred
I'm hoping some miracle in the second half will prove me wong but after seeing the team selection, and more importantly how woeful they perform, I've reached the stage where I am having serious doubts about Fenlon.

silverhibee
Nice view of the bridge there. :agree:

essexhibee
01-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Well that was a nice shot of the bridge.

leither17
what a lovely bridge

cabbageandribs1875
But STF thinks he is doing a great job

tae think i used to call him 'sir' roderick as well :( he's well and truly stripped of his knighthood now(RP i mean not STF) :agree:

Judas Iscariot
01-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Where the **** is our CM?!?!!?!!

The_Todd
01-04-2012, 03:10 PM
What? Now we're onto bridges? How about combining bridges with gritters?

Ultimate entertainment.

http://www.southyorkshiretimes.co.uk/webimage/1.4237535.1328896046%21image/3415768690.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/3415768690.jpg

James70
01-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Our only hope is that we can drag ICT down to our level.