PDA

View Full Version : GoC and Sparky.

Brooster
01-04-2012, 06:59 AM
I would go with those 2 up front today. All considered I think its the best front line option we have at the moment. I hope Pat shares my view. I would also expect Mcpake back today.

MSK
01-04-2012, 07:05 AM
I would go with those 2 up front today. All considered I think its the best front line option we have at the moment. I hope Pat shares my view. I would also expect Mcpake back today.Would go wi that Brooster ...:agree:

Pretty Boy
01-04-2012, 08:15 AM
I'd do likewise.

I thought O'Donovan put himself about well his first couple of starts and drew a lot of free kicks but he's been poor in the last 2 games. Also if the ball dropped in the box as a half chance I'd rather have it fall to Gaz over any other striker in our squad.

SMAXXA
01-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Possibly, its a weird one I recon, Goc had been very poor for weeks on end and credit to Fenlon for having the balls to drop him, and if I'm honest I'm surprised he's left him out this long. I think he's due a start and wouldn't be surprised if it was today. If he bucks up his ideas I think it could be like a new signing for the run in. Let's hope so anyway.

spike220
01-04-2012, 09:49 AM
I'd do likewise.

I thought O'Donovan put himself about well his first couple of starts and drew a lot of free kicks but he's been poor in the last 2 games. Also if the ball dropped in the box as a half chance I'd rather have it fall to Gaz over any other striker in our squad.

We (the hibs support) forget just how good GOC is, he is a very good striker and he is due a bit of form.

A GOC hattrick would do us wonders!!*

(*and clean sheet, no point going down 4-3)

GGTTH

Hibercelona
01-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Inverness make it extremely tough for us up there and I think we're going to need to play them at their own game. I wouldn't be surprised if we started wth a 4-5-1 to try and gain a little extra control in midfield.

Inverness have always been good at crowding players out in the middle of the park, it's vital that we don't allow them to bully us early on, otherwise they'll pick up confidence and make us pay for it.

Hibercelona
01-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Pat Fenlon really needs to stop looking for advice on these forums. :wink:

c31
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Heres some advice for Fenton -off, he has managed to make Hibs worse than we were under Calderwood, another great decision by our board

CropleyWasGod
01-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Heres some advice for Fenton -off, he has managed to make Hibs worse than we were under Calderwood, another great decision by our board

Here, have some humble pie....:greengrin

keep the faith
01-04-2012, 04:01 PM

Ha ha ha!

Sprouleflyer
01-04-2012, 04:05 PM
I would go with those 2 up front today. All considered I think its the best front line option we have at the moment. I hope Pat shares my view. I would also expect Mcpake back today.

Although the 2 weren't great, both scored and your thoughts were bang on.

Hibercelona
01-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Pat Fenlon really needs to stop looking for advice on these forums. :wink:

Like I was saying, he needs to listen to the fans more often IMO. :agree:

:greengrin

essexhibee
01-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Oconnor made some piss poor touches today but showed complete class at times as well. Well taken goal. Sparkys finish was quality and so was the celebration to go with it.

Rivers Cuomo
01-04-2012, 04:29 PM

Its FENLON mate, 3 points in Inverness and some people are still complaining, unbelievable, cant we just enjoy the result!

inglisavhibs
01-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Although the 2 weren't great, both scored and your thoughts were bang on.

It's always a dilemna for any manager. Our two strikers took virtually no part in linking up play and played really poorly but won us the game. It certainly helped when Osbourne was moved in to his natural position in the centre of midfield. In my opinion he is the only decent central midfielder we have and should never be played wide again.

CropleyWasGod
01-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Its FENLON mate, 3 points in Inverness and some people are still complaining, unbelievable, cant we just enjoy the result!

To be fair to the boy, he did post at 423pm when we were getting beat.

Still funny as F though :greengrin

Northernhibee
01-04-2012, 05:32 PM

:foot:

Utterly clueless mate, PF is one of the best managers in the SPL. Wait and see next season.

Pretty Boy
01-04-2012, 05:54 PM

Fail

Dinkydoo
01-04-2012, 06:01 PM
He's the best finisher we have but painfully unfit. A couple of chances in the first half could have came to something had they fallen to Doyle, Griffiths or O'Donovan.

A fit and on form Gaz would be playing at a bigger club than Hibernian, unfortunately.

Liam89
01-04-2012, 06:04 PM

FENTON FENTON FENTON!!! FENTON!!! Jesus christ... FENTON!!!!!