PDA

View Full Version : Sean Welsh

1987green
01-04-2012, 12:55 AM
I was at Partick v Livingston today and Sean Welsh was absolutely outstanding on a tattie field of a pitch composure on the ball never hid when gettin beat passed the ball very well and had a bit o a dig in the tackle always showed for the ball the boy did well

basehibby
01-04-2012, 01:21 AM
I was at Partick v Livingston today and Sean Welsh was absolutely outstanding on a tattie field of a pitch composure on the ball never hid when gettin beat passed the ball very well and had a bit o a dig in the tackle always showed for the ball the boy did well

Glad to hear that - players like Welsh need tough games to develop and the 1st division is a good place to find them.

Never really seen him play myself but I heard he was a standout in the U19 team that swept all before them a couple of seasons back - he's struggled to make the breakthrough at SPL level with injuries getting in the way but if he's getting a regular game and thriving at 1st Div level then that coud be a good precursor to breaking into the 1st team next season - but will he get the chance? Contract's up in the summer isn't it?

down-the-slope
01-04-2012, 07:12 AM
I have often tipped him to do well.

He is a good player with the combination of being a good passer and sees space well. He is also pretty hard in the tackle and will always demend the ball. Was great in that U19 team...

Only thing i ever saw negative was he got a few unneeded yellow cards due to having a bit of a short fuse...but a winner

I will be really disappointed if his deal is not extended

007 Mickey Weir
01-04-2012, 08:51 AM
He fits the Matty Jack role well.....

No but I really liked him at U19 level. Good sitting midfielder. Really hope after a run with the Jags he gets another year with us to get his break through. Especially now that it looks like Martin Scott is out the door.