PDA

View Full Version : Deek at St. Johnstone (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Number69
23-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Oh dear oh dear.

Anyone got any info?

MSK
23-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Oh dear oh dear.

Anyone got any info?Good luck to him ..

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Oh dear oh dear.

Anyone got any info?

What more do you need to know? You have stated he's on trial which normally means he's trying to suitably impress them in order to be offered a deal, good luck to him.

SquashedFrogg
23-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Oh dear oh dear.

Anyone got any info?

Why the dear oh dear bit? :confused:

oldbutdim
23-03-2012, 07:27 AM
He's no Saint.

Number69
23-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Is it any wonder my post count on here is so low?

Admin, delete the thread sorry if i offended!

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2012, 07:34 AM

What's wrong? No-one's had a go at you just asking you to expand on the meaning of your original post!

WellingtonHibby
23-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Makes sense for him to try new surroundings, with him being bored playing the same SPL teams week in, week out ......

The Voice Of Reason
23-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Makes sense for him to try new surroundings, with him being bored playing the same SPL teams week in, week out ......

:faf: :top marks

Number69
23-03-2012, 07:39 AM
What's wrong? No-one's had a go at you just asking you to expand on the meaning of your original post!

The expression "If you've nothing good to say then dont say a word" springs to mind.

I'm merely posting what I've been told and asking fellow posters for their input on the matter, to then be asked "What more do you want to know" after it seems a bit like my comment is not welcome.

I want to know a lot more, I want to know if anyone has heard anything on the subject that I havent, and seeing as how there are no posts on the matter then it seems I am the only one who knows about it.

If I'm wrong someone will give me the info I require, if I am correct then no one will.

Nothing like being shot down for posting something, happens too often on here for members who arent known by screen name, hence when I see this happening to others I keep my posts to myself.

Rant over.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Total waster.....had it all and ****** it right up

MSK
23-03-2012, 07:42 AM
The expression "If you've nothing good to say then dont say a word" springs to mind.

I'm merely posting what I've been told and asking fellow posters for their input on the matter, to then be asked "What more do you want to know" after it seems a bit like my comment is not welcome.

I want to know a lot more, I want to know if anyone has heard anything on the subject that I havent, and seeing as how there are no posts on the matter then it seems I am the only one who knows about it.

If I'm wrong someone will give me the info I require, if I am correct then no one will.

Nothing like being shot down for posting something, happens too often on here for members who arent known by screen name, hence when I see this happening to others I keep my posts to myself.

Rant over.How do you do that ..do you pm them to yourself ..? ..

Only joking ... :)

Jim44
23-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Oh dear oh dear.

Anyone got any info?

You're in Perth, you'll know as much as anyone.

Number69
23-03-2012, 07:43 AM
And to answer another post, "oh dear, oh dear" is in regards to the fact Saints pump us every time we play them without Derek Riordan, with him out to prove something against us I'll be heart broken to see him putting the ball in our net just like I was when he was playing for the tinks.

If I'm the only one who is worried about this then so be it but I'd rather have him in our team than half the ***** we have to watch every week with half his natural talent.

Number69
23-03-2012, 07:44 AM

Oh really....:confused:

Mikey
23-03-2012, 07:47 AM

Rant over.

Hey, that's not fair. Regulars get abuse too :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2012, 07:47 AM

Rant over.

Oh I see, you're a rather sensitive chap, sorry if I offended!

H18sry
23-03-2012, 07:48 AM

You don't need an Admin to delete a thread, you can do it yourself :wink:

Craig_in_Prague
23-03-2012, 07:50 AM
I used to love Deeks and for spells under CC he kept promising to show us he's still got it and in flashes he did......but I am afraid Deek is finished TBH.
A complete waste of talent and the lad should've went on to get Scotland caps and play at least mid table Premiership football. He didn't work hard enough on his physique and build up to be a stronger player, whilst he never had much pace he appeared to get slower and slower, meaning he was struggling to get that yard of space to make a dig at goal.

anyway, good luck to him if he signs for Saints, but getting all worried he might pop one in against us, is the least of our worries.

SquashedFrogg
23-03-2012, 07:50 AM
And to answer another post, "oh dear, oh dear" is in regards to the fact Saints pump us every time we play them without Derek Riordan, with him out to prove something against us I'll be heart broken to see him putting the ball in our net just like I was when he was playing for the tinks.

If I'm the only one who is worried about this then so be it but I'd rather have him in our team than half the ***** we have to watch every week with half his natural talent.

Dude, Apologies. I wrongly took your "dear oh dear" comment in a different context.

Obviously not ideal that he could end up playing for one of our competitors as we do have a history of players coming back to haunt us. Good luck to him I say. The boy peaked early and has declined ever since. I certainly wouldn't have him back as it would just add to the O'Connor, Sproule syndrome we currently suffer from.

Number69
23-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Oh I see, you're a rather sensitive chap, sorry if I offended!

Sorry Scouse Hibee, that wasnt directed at you as such although I quoted you I wasnt intending to make the word "you" mean "you" if "you" know what I mean? :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
23-03-2012, 07:54 AM

I'm in Perth and this is the first I, or a Saints friend, have heard this rumour.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Sorry Scouse Hibee, that wasnt directed at you as such although I quoted you I wasnt intending to make the word "you" mean "you" if "you" know what I mean? :greengrin

:aok:

StevieC
23-03-2012, 08:17 AM

I'm in Perth and I know nowt!

:greengrin

RIP
23-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Hello Perth Crew - hope you are all signed up for the Perth/Dundee/Aberdeen bus for the Semi? It's nearly full, I took a couple of payments this morning.

It's splashed all over the Courier and Advertiser today and the themes from Lomas are "if he's hungry enough" and "if he will be happy here". Similar message that Geoff Brown made to Sheridan. It means "we want you but at the right price"

It will be a choice of Deek's wage demands versus how keen he is to be back playing again I guess

NOLA
23-03-2012, 08:53 AM
how many clubs has he had trials with now since leaving china? the fact not one has signed him up tells you something or nothing :greengrin

Steven_Hibs
23-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Something to do with tax I believe. If he signs after 31st of March we will know :wink:

carnoustiehibee
23-03-2012, 09:30 AM
He was apparently training with utd last week and on ssn this morning had the caption " ex Celtic player Derek riordan is training with st Johnstone "

If I was fenlon id sign him, tell him to stand beside the corner of the box,20 yards out and just keep hitting shots. He would score enough to keep us up that's for sure.

oxymoron
23-03-2012, 09:36 AM
At the risk of observing the obvious, notwithstanding the inevitable decline anyone goes through - particularly with such a fragmented pattern of involvement with diverse clubs (china!) and gaps opening up in the discipline of training routines when he is 'unattached', the issues with Deeks I suspect have little to do with his footballing prowess, or even short-term fitness issues. That so much potential (he's not exactly ancient, injury-prone or four-stones overweight) exists without someone taking a punt, is surely symptomatic of a hard-wired reputation relating to attitude that makes everyone wary. The concerning thing is that he is so intrinsically linked to us, and that he is hardly a one-off. Begs the question of why we have such a history of unfulfilled talent? And I don't mean footballing limitations eventually emerging - I mean folk who waste an undoubted talent by attitude or off the field behaviour.
Or does it just feel like that? Maybe we have no more than the rest - just doesn't feel that way sometimes.

Baker9
23-03-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm in Perth and this is the first I, or a Saints friend, have heard this rumour.

Not a rumour now. It is in the Daily Mail and therefore a fact.:agree:
Good luck to Derek - a 'character' if ever there was one but games seemed much more exciting with him than without him.

Fritz
23-03-2012, 10:10 AM
At the risk of observing the obvious, notwithstanding the inevitable decline anyone goes through - particularly with such a fragmented pattern of involvement with diverse clubs (china!) and gaps opening up in the discipline of training routines when he is 'unattached', the issues with Deeks I suspect have little to do with his footballing prowess, or even short-term fitness issues. That so much potential (he's not exactly ancient, injury-prone or four-stones overweight) exists without someone taking a punt, is surely symptoLmatic of a hard-wired reputation relating to attitude that makes everyone wary. The concerning thing is that he is so intrinsically linked to us, and that he is hardly a one-off. Begs the question of why we have such a history of unfulfilled talent? And I don't mean footballing limitations eventually emerging - I mean folk who waste an undoubted talent by attitude or off the field behaviour.
Or does it just feel like that? Maybe we have no more than the rest - just doesn't feel that way sometimes.

Cripes! Someone swallowed a Thesaurus!

Phil D. Rolls
23-03-2012, 10:11 AM

Tell that to his bank manager.

Keith_M
23-03-2012, 10:17 AM

Rant over.

:hnetinq:

Actually, if you think people have attacked you just now, wait till the Big Guns get on your case. They know who they are.... :wink:

Sean1875
23-03-2012, 10:24 AM
i know its something really daft to get annoyed about and technically its true, but does anyone else get a tad annoyed when people like SSN have on their wee info ticker that st johnstone have taken former CELTIC player Derek Riordan on trial? a club that effectively ruined the career of one of the brightest talents in Scottish football in years instead of mentioning us, a team that brought him through the ranks and led him to being the 3rd highest SPL scorer.

carnoustiehibee
23-03-2012, 10:56 AM
i know its something really daft to get annoyed about and technically its true, but does anyone else get a tad annoyed when people like SSN have on their wee info ticker that st johnstone have taken former CELTIC player Derek Riordan on trial? a club that effectively ruined the career of one of the brightest talents in Scottish football in years instead of mentioning us, a team that brought him through the ranks and led him to being the 3rd highest SPL scorer.

Yip, that's exactly what I thought when I first saw it. But then sky only know of 2 teams in Scotland, jim whites and champagne charlies.

Beefster
23-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Tell that to his bank manager.

Given that, at one point, he had much more potential than guys like Fletcher and O'Connor but has probably earned less than them in his career, his bank manager is probably thinking about what might have been.

allezsauzee
23-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Deek is certainly the most naturally gifted of the 3

oxymoron
23-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Cripes! Someone swallowed a Thesaurus!

Yup, I miss-spent my youth by attending school.

Regrets, I have a few...

GreenCastle
23-03-2012, 11:30 AM

Regrets, I have a few...

:top marks

judas
23-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Oh dear oh dear.

Anyone got any info?

Oh god, it's another Riordan thread.

Kojock
23-03-2012, 12:09 PM

The only person to blame for ruining his career is DR himself. As previously posted he had the talent but not the aptitude. Such a waste.

ALF TUPPER
23-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Good luck to Deeks. I hope he finds a club. If in Scotland, I hope he remembers to play sh*te against us. Would have been concerned if the headline had been "Deek signs for Pars"

Hibby D
23-03-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm in Perth and I know nowt!

My nephew plays for the Saints and I know nowt! :paranoid:

but I am about to try and find out :greengrin

richard_pitts
23-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Good luck to him - easily the most talented of the "golden generation", but was badly advised and made some wrong decisions, going to Celtic and then coming back to Hibs. He needs to move out of Edinburgh to salvage what he can of his career. A sorry state of affairs. There are a lot of parallels between this and the Griffiths thread methinks :agree:

Mikey
23-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Get a tenner on Deek to score the winning penalty in the shoot out against the Yams on 19th May.

Sammy7nil
23-03-2012, 12:27 PM
At the risk of observing the obvious, notwithstanding the inevitable decline anyone goes through - particularly with such a fragmented pattern of involvement with diverse clubs (china!) and gaps opening up in the discipline of training routines when he is 'unattached', the issues with Deeks I suspect have little to do with his footballing prowess, or even short-term fitness issues. That so much potential (he's not exactly ancient, injury-prone or four-stones overweight) exists without someone taking a punt, is surely symptomatic of a hard-wired reputation relating to attitude that makes everyone wary. The concerning thing is that he is so intrinsically linked to us, and that he is hardly a one-off. Begs the question of why we have such a history of unfulfilled talent? And I don't mean footballing limitations eventually emerging - I mean folk who waste an undoubted talent by attitude or off the field behaviour.

Eh ! :greengrin:greengrin

Moulin Yarns
23-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Get a tenner on Deek to score the winning penalty in the shoot out against the Yams on 19th May.

Going to Aberdeen now? :confused:

Please don't bump me off the bus to the semi for that wee joke

Hibby D
23-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Was training with the Saints for last two days apparently but not there today.
I'm away to the private members board to find out what's really happening :greengrin:

Judas Iscariot
23-03-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm away to the private members board to find out what's really happening :greengrin:

Not signing for us until 5th of April :aok:

Viking
23-03-2012, 01:38 PM
I hope Riordan signs for the saints or any other club soon! this way he will not sign for us! I would prefer it if he signed for a foreign club and we never had to lay eyes on the money grabbing scrawny ned.....unfortunately he tried that and couldnt hack it!

lyonhibs
23-03-2012, 01:39 PM

Rant over.

I think the questions over your OP relate to the "Oh Dear oh dear" bit - do you mean "Oh Dear Oh Dear, look how Riordan has fallen from grace" or "Oh Dear Oh dear, that's not good for Hibs to have a decent player go to a rival" or "Oh Dear oh dear, I think Hibs should be in for him and "bring him home" instead of letting The Perth Saints get first dibs".

I think we should be told :cb

HarpyHibby
23-03-2012, 01:40 PM

Yep, trained Tuesday, Thursday and played a bounce game Wednesday. Don't think he set the heather alight.

jgl07
23-03-2012, 02:35 PM

They are the only team Hibs have beaten in the SPL at Easter Road in the last 13 months!

marinello59
23-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Good luck to him - easily the most talented of the "golden generation", but was badly advised and made some wrong decisions, going to Celtic and then coming back to Hibs. He needs to move out of Edinburgh to salvage what he can of his career. A sorry state of affairs. There are a lot of parallels between this and the Griffiths thread methinks :agree:

Easily one of the best finishers of any generation. I would argue that Fletcher was the most talented player overall though.

silverhibee
23-03-2012, 03:01 PM
My nephew plays for the Saints and I know nowt! :paranoid:

but I am about to try and find out :greengrin

Did hear there was a horrific injury to one of there young players yesterday at training.

You can let us know what's happening when you have found out from your nephew. :wink: :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2012, 03:07 PM
I hope Riordan signs for the saints or any other club soon! this way he will not sign for us! I would prefer it if he signed for a foreign club and we never had to lay eyes on the money grabbing scrawny ned.....unfortunately he tried that and couldnt hack it!

Bitter are we?

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-03-2012, 03:24 PM

That is the reason that he left Hibs for Celtc, because he was fed up playing week-in week-out.
From what I have been told, by some fermers, is that the deal is dependant on the Saint J's getting into Europe.

Viking
23-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Bitter are we?

I just don't see how Riordan can set up a move to Celtic early to save them having to pay extra money to us due to him coming through the youth ranks etc and hibs fans still worship him and think hes the best thing since slice bread!

Scott Brown and kevin Thompson get continual stick for leaving hibs and going to the old firm yet Riordan doesnt and everyone thinks hes's a hero!

I hope Riordan can't find a club and his career ends! Although Hibs will probably step up an save him :bitchy:

lapsedhibee
23-03-2012, 03:48 PM

Regrets, I have a few...

... one of them being that no-one there taught you how to spell?

Hibby D
23-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Did hear there was a horrific injury to one of there young players yesterday at training.

You can let us know what's happening when you have found out from your nephew. :wink: :greengrin

Will do :wink:

Injury was to a trialist from oz, who dislocated his ankle and fractured his fib/tib. Nephew said it was awful.
Poor laddie. (The trialist, not my nephew :greengrin: )

Judas Iscariot
23-03-2012, 03:53 PM

I just don't see how Riordan can set up a move to Celtic early to save them having to pay extra money to us due to him coming through the youth ranks etc and hibs fans still worship him and think hes the best thing since slice bread!

Scott Brown and kevin Thompson get continual stick for leaving hibs and going to the old firm yet Riordan doesnt and everyone thinks hes's a hero!

I hope Riordan can't find a club and his career ends! Although Hibs will probably step up an save him :bitchy:

So Mr Admin, there's "need" for pish comments like these but "nae need" for my comment..

Cool :aok:

Moulin Yarns
23-03-2012, 04:02 PM

Injury was to a trialist from oz, who dislocated his ankle and fractured his fib/tib. Nephew said it was awful.

But D. Any nephew of yours will be a poor laddie. ;-)

Mikey
23-03-2012, 04:04 PM
But D. Any nephew of yours will be a poor laddie. ;-)

St Johnstone pay him buggar all. "Poor" laddie can't even afford a trouser belt.

snooky
23-03-2012, 04:06 PM
I used to love Deeks and for spells under CC he kept promising to show us he's still got it and in flashes he did......but I am afraid Deek is finished TBH.
A complete waste of talent and the lad should've went on to get Scotland caps and play at least mid table Premiership football. He didn't work hard enough on his physique and build up to be a stronger player, whilst he never had much pace he appeared to get slower and slower, meaning he was struggling to get that yard of space to make a dig at goal.

anyway, good luck to him if he signs for Saints, but getting all worried he might pop one in against us, is the least of our worries.

:agree: Alas, that's how I saw it as well.
Good luck, Deek - sincerely.

silverhibee
23-03-2012, 04:09 PM

Oh dear, Oh dear, way back across the road. :cb

Mikey
23-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Oh dear, Oh dear, way back across the road. :cb

The only rule he's broken so far is coming from Macmerry :tee hee:

silverhibee
23-03-2012, 04:21 PM

Yeah was told it was a horrible one, shame on the lad.

Is your nephew 1st team under 19s or younger. :aok:

silverhibee
23-03-2012, 04:43 PM

Never noticed that, but a lot clearer now on why he like's Deek so much. :wink: :greengrin

Watch oot Deek. http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Education/Pix/pictures/2011/1/13/1294932236851/The-Vikings-still-inspire-007.jpg :faf:

bighairyfaeleith
23-03-2012, 06:01 PM
deeks is a ****ing waster, lazy ******* with a questionable attitude.

I'd sign him for hibs again though:wink:

fit o' the walk
23-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Just wonder how many on here are thinking,sign him until the end of the season,probably not fit enough to start a game but a handy guy to bring on,may just score the couple of goals to keep us up.

Lago
23-03-2012, 06:36 PM

Not very often.

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Not very often.

Wanna bet? :greengrin

Lago
23-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Wanna bet? :greengrin

I'd probably be handie capped not being a regular.:greengrin

silverhibee
23-03-2012, 07:37 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/st-johnstone/301476-steve-lomas-hopeful-on-agreeing-a-deal-with-fantastic-talent-derek-riordan/

frazeHFC
23-03-2012, 07:44 PM
This Viking guys a right yam plonk.

As for Deek, i will be gutted to see him play against us again. :boo hoo:

erin go bragh
23-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Aye , he only scored over a hundred goals for us :rolleyes: dearie me:grr:away and have a word with yoursel .

ggtth

The Green Goblin
23-03-2012, 08:56 PM
:hnetinq:

Actually, if you think people have attacked you just now, wait till the Big Guns get on your case. They know who they are.... :wink:

Come on! Name and shame (iyho of course!) who are these "big guns"? I think we should be told....

:-)

frazeHFC
23-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Come on! Name and shame (iyho of course!) who are these "big guns"? I think we should be told....

:-)

:cb :greengrin

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJazjwuCmlOaUy-7iYs9Ax3h8cLxEXOB038MsQ7MGB_JGqjvU2QnH6OVva7A

Jonnyboy
23-03-2012, 10:18 PM

Oi, I resemble that remark :greengrin

Jonnyboy
23-03-2012, 10:21 PM

The same info ticker that announced Scott Dobbie had rejoined Blackpool on loan from Swansea.

Shoddy gits :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
24-03-2012, 12:47 AM
This Viking guys a right yam plonk.

As for Deek, i will be gutted to see him play against us again. :boo hoo:

Obviously.

Wonder how long I'd last over on kickback by calling Rudi Skacel a ned and wishing his career would end.

No wonder folk are getting sick of this board. If folk are not slagging our own players off, here comes trolling yam bams to stick the knife into club legends.

marinello59
24-03-2012, 05:30 AM
Obviously.

Wonder how long I'd last over on kickback by calling Rudi Skacel a ned and wishing his career would end.

No wonder folk are getting sick of this board. If folk are not slagging our own players off, here comes trolling yam bams to stick the knife into club legends.

You know this for a fact?
Let me make two things clear.
1. If somebody had wished a career ending injury on Riordan they would be gone. That wasn't the case.
2. If somebody comes here posing as a Yam and stirring things up then they are banned. We have zero tolerance on that one. What we won't allow is witch hunts to develop without proof. There have been plenty of Hibbys on here over the years fingered as Yams who were anything but.We have several very good Yam hunting Admins, leave them to do their job.
In recent seasons Rankin, Nish, EDG etc all took abuse on here far beyond their perceived lack of ability. We can't delete everything of that nature (Although anything in very poor taste is gone.) If we banned everybody who had 'twisted the knife' into our own players over the years then it would be a much quieter place. It's a board for debate, if you don't like what somebody has posted challenge them and argue the point. We ain't here to stop anybody having their say if they obey the forum rules.

silverhibee
24-03-2012, 11:28 AM
1. If somebody had wished a career ending injury on Riordan they would be gone. That wasn't the case.
2. If somebody comes here posing as a Yam and stirring things up then they are banned. We have zero tolerance on that one. What we won't allow is witch hunts to develop without proof. There have been plenty of Hibbys on here over the years fingered as Yams who were anything but.We have several very good Yam hunting Admins, leave them to do their job.
In recent seasons Rankin, Nish, EDG etc all took abuse on here far beyond their perceived lack of ability. We can't delete everything of that nature (Although anything in very poor taste is gone.) If we banned everybody who had 'twisted the knife' into our own players over the years then it would be a much quieter place. It's a board for debate, if you don't like what somebody has posted challenge them and argue the point. We ain't here to stop anybody having their say if they obey the forum rules.

So asking for a square go is a no no then. :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
24-03-2012, 11:41 AM

I never said anything about him wishing a career ending injury on Riordan. What he said was he wished his career would end. I'd still challenge that if I went on kickback and said, " I wish Rudi Skacel's career would end" I wouldn't be around long enough to see an answer. Not that I'm saying our admins should be like those over the road. I get that you all have a lot of work to do in keeping a bit of order on here, and in the large you do an excellent job. But coming on here and slating a club legend, calling him a ned and wishing the end of his football career doesn't sit well with me at all. No matter anyone's opinion on Riordan as a person or even that he wasn't brilliant when we last seen him, I can't understand for the life of me A HIBS FAN coming on to belittle someone who's had such a positive affect for our club on the park as Deek has had.

Judas Iscariot
24-03-2012, 11:47 AM
I never said anything about him wishing a career ending injury on Riordan. What he said was he wished his career would end. I'd still challenge that if I went on kickback and said, " I wish Rudi Skacel's career would end" I wouldn't be around long enough to see an answer. Not that I'm saying our admins should be like those over the road. I get that you all have a lot of work to do in keeping a bit of order on here, and in the large you do an excellent job. But coming on here and slating a club legend, calling him a ned and wishing the end of his football career doesn't sit well with me at all. No matter anyone's opinion on Riordan as a person or even that he wasn't brilliant when we last seen him, I can't understand for the life of me A HIBS FAN coming on to belittle someone who's had such a positive affect for our club on the park as Deek has had.

:agree:

silverhibee
24-03-2012, 11:57 AM

Me and Deek agree with you. :greengrin :aok:

frazeHFC
24-03-2012, 12:18 PM

:agree: :top marks

marinello59
24-03-2012, 01:06 PM

I totally agree with your last sentence.

snooky
24-03-2012, 01:12 PM

Namedropper! :greengrin

Hibby D
24-03-2012, 01:48 PM

I won't disagree with any of that. It defies belief :agree:

judas
24-03-2012, 01:59 PM
So Mr Admin, there's "need" for pish comments like these but "nae need" for my comment..

Cool :aok:

I think Riordan is a boabie - and better out of Hibs. The obsession with Deek on here is bordering on the ridiculous.

Oh aye - you can go way and get your own user name too.

silverhibee
25-03-2012, 11:11 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4212548/Well-make-Deek-a-Saint.html

frazeHFC
26-03-2012, 12:08 AM
I think Riordan is a boabie - and better out of Hibs. The obsession with Deek on here is bordering on the ridiculous.

Oh aye - you can go way and get your own user name too.

Obsession?

He scored over 100 goals, most of them belters. The best striker i have and probably will ever see in my time supporting Hibs.........obsession is justified.

AgentDaleCooper
26-03-2012, 03:12 AM
Obsession?

He scored over 100 goals, most of them belters. The best striker i have and probably will ever see in my time supporting Hibs.........obsession is justified.
i think the best description would be "preoccupation is explainable"

Sammy7nil
26-03-2012, 11:47 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4212548/Well-make-Deek-a-Saint.html

When he asked we should have given him training facliities, even if it was with the youngsters.

We could have had him for the last 6 games not longterm. Who would you rather see coming off the bench a goal down to the Pars Doyle or Deek ? A short term opportunity missed me thinks.

Viking
26-03-2012, 11:53 AM
The point i was trying to make is that whenever scott brown or kevin thompson is named on this site every1 calls them a judas pr*cks etc! However, as soon as derek riordan is mention he is hailed as a hero and even a hibs legend as per earlier in this thread! I think, considering riordan signed for celtic weeks early so hibs missed out in vital money, that riordan is the biggest judas from them all and i will never like him for that! Just because he returned to hibs does not soften the blow and and make everything ok imo!

heretoday
26-03-2012, 01:19 PM
I reckon Hibs should get him back. He counts as an experienced player now and that's what we need.

silverhibee
26-03-2012, 01:35 PM
The point i was trying to make is that whenever scott brown or kevin thompson is named on this site every1 calls them a judas pr*cks etc! However, as soon as derek riordan is mention he is hailed as a hero as per earlier in this thread! I think, considering riordan signed for celtic weeks early so hibs missed out in vital money, that riordan is the biggest judas from them all and i will never like him for that! Just because he returned to hibs does not soften the blow and and make everything ok imo!

Deeko is a Hibs legend, it says so in a print i bought from Hibs at Xmas time, or are Hibs telling me porkies. Petrie :grr:

And just to let you know ned viking, Hibs did recieve a fee for Riordan from celtc.

Derek Riordan. :not worth :not worth :not worth

Modern day legend for Hibs. :aok:

HibbyAndy
26-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Derek Riordan, My favourite all time ever hibs player.

Hibs legend, FACT.

silverhibee
26-03-2012, 02:04 PM
The point i was trying to make is that whenever scott brown or kevin thompson is named on this site every1 calls them a judas pr*cks etc! However, as soon as derek riordan is mention he is hailed as a hero and even a hibs legend as per earlier in this thread! I think, considering riordan signed for celtic weeks early so hibs missed out in vital money, that riordan is the biggest judas from them all and i will never like him for that! Just because he returned to hibs does not soften the blow and and make everything ok imo!

Are you sure you are 25, that sounds like Primary school playground stuff. :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
26-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Derek Riordan, My favourite all time ever hibs player.

Hibs legend, FACT.

I think we need him at the moment. It could spur GOC on a bit too.

easty
26-03-2012, 02:12 PM

In a "ah look well fat next to you Deek" kind of way?

IWasThere2016
26-03-2012, 02:34 PM
In a "ah look well fat next to you Deek" kind of way?

:tsk tsk:

marinello59
26-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Are you sure you are 25, that sounds like Primary school playground stuff. :rolleyes:

I heard Deeks stole his lunch money and gave him a Chinese burn. :agree:

Cabbage East
26-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Deek would be a gift from the gods about now.

SMAXXA
26-03-2012, 02:58 PM

What so we would have 2 uninterested big shots that canny be arsed trying to save us from the drop? Deek was a luxury and in his second spell a not even very good one at that, people shouldn't forget that. Don't get me wrong that doesn't take away the goals he scored for us, but when the chips are down I wouldn't be looking for him to get us out of this.

Moulin Yarns
26-03-2012, 03:02 PM
I've been told (by an unreliable Saints source) that Deek will sign for them from 6 April to end of the season. but that might be rubbish. the date is significant as he wouldn't be liable for income tax for last year.

silverhibee
26-03-2012, 03:25 PM
What so we would have 2 uninterested big shots that canny be arsed trying to save us from the drop? Deek was a luxury and in his second spell a not even very good one at that, people shouldn't forget that. Don't get me wrong that doesn't take away the goals he scored for us, but when the chips are down I wouldn't be looking for him to get us out of this.

Second spell at Hibs for Riordan.

Top goal scorer first season.

2nd top goal scorer in 2nd season.

Top goal scorer in 3rd season.

Your right people shouldn't forget that.

In his last season the last 6 months were not his best along with the rest of the team, but he still ended up top goal scorer with 11 league goals, do you think that will be bettered this season by any of our present strikers. ? :aok:

SMAXXA
26-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Second spell at Hibs for Riordan.

Top goal scorer first season.

2nd top goal scorer in 2nd season.

Top goal scorer in 3rd season.

Your right people shouldn't forget that.

In his last season the last 6 months were not his best along with the rest of the team, but he still ended up top goal scorer with 11 league goals, do you think that will be bettered this season by any of our present strikers. ? :aok:

No I don't. But I also think we are in a battle and when the going got tough the last 6 months of his time here he was a shrinking violet imo.

The_Horde
26-03-2012, 06:11 PM
No I don't. But I also think we are in a battle and when the going got tough the last 6 months of his time here he was a shrinking violet imo.

However, this time last year with deek in the team we were safe.

lapsedhibee
26-03-2012, 06:51 PM
;3160871']However, this time last year with deek in the team we were safe.

Wasn't it Deeks's goal against St Midden at ER that marked the very start of the climb to safety?

jgl07
26-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Deeko is a Hibs legend, it says so in a print i bought from Hibs at Xmas time, or are Hibs telling me porkies. Petrie :grr:

And just to let you know ned viking, Hibs did recieve a fee for Riordan from celtc.

Derek Riordan. :not worth :not worth :not worth

Modern day legend for Hibs. :aok:

Riordan signed a pre-contract with Celtic.

Hibs received a small fee for Riordan because Celtic opted to pay a nominal sum rather than wait until next transfer window in January to be able to play him.

Celtic were due to pay a fee as Riordan was under 23.

Sammy7nil
26-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Riordan signed a pre-contract with Celtic.

Hibs received a small fee for Riordan because Celtic opted to pay a nominal sum rather than wait until next transfer window in January to be able to play him.

Celtic were due to pay a fee as Riordan was under 23.

and your point is ?

Deek had a contract with Hibs he was willing to honour that contract. Hibs decided to accept a small fee hardly Deeks fault :confused:

Hibbyradge
26-03-2012, 07:01 PM
and your point is ?

Deek had a contract with Hibs he was willing to honour that contract. Hibs decided to accept a small fee hardly Deeks fault :confused:

That's not my recollection.

DR left Hibs and joined Celtic for nothing.

However, Celtic decided to pay a small fee because otherwise, they couldn't play him until the end of the season, but Deek was gone.

Sammy7nil
26-03-2012, 07:05 PM

However, Celtic decided to pay a small fee because otherwise, they couldn't play him until the end of the season, but Deek was gone.

That is mine too but what did he do wrong :confused:
He had a contract and was willing to stay to the end of that contract ?
If people want to "blame" anyone blame Bosman

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-03-2012, 07:15 PM

Me too!

Pretty Boy
26-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I've no idea how good or fit Derek is at the moment. His last 6 months with might suggest he isn't the player he once was but I'd rather have him in the squad as an option than not.

Bad Martini
26-03-2012, 08:03 PM

That's not my recollection. As I recall st tony of mowbray decided to **** things up by deciding he needed to evaluate whether our top scorer of a number of seasons and one of our best playmakers with quantified assists, deserved the contract he was to be offered before Mowbray arrived. The rests is history...

staunchhibby
26-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Could get us the vital goals to keep us in the premier league.Nothing to lose

Beefster
26-03-2012, 08:10 PM
That's not my recollection. As I recall st tony of mowbray decided to **** things up by deciding he needed to evaluate whether our top scorer of a number of seasons and one of our best playmakers with quantified assists, deserved the contract he was to be offered before Mowbray arrived. The rests is history...

Mowbray was right to put all contract offers on hold until he evaluated the squad. The fact that Riordan then used that as an excuse for never signing the extension is down to Riordan, no-one else.

Sammy7nil
26-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Mowbray was right to put all contract offers on hold until he evaluated the squad. The fact that Riordan then used that as an excuse for never signing the extension is down to Riordan, no-one else.

Agreed, but he honoured his contract why do people think he did something wrong :confused:

Andy74
26-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Agreed, but he honoured his contract why do people think he did something wrong :confused:

He didn't, but on the other hand there were always suggestions he was being hard done to or forced out. He wasn't. He wanted to go and get more cash.

Both times he has done it though his career has suffered. It would be a shame if he had also put himself out of football for the last few months over a potential tax payment.

eastmainsmsh
26-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Riordan will score goals whoever he plays for no doubt .... id love to see him in a hibs jersey right now ... as i dont think we would be 2nd bottom as we are at moment ...he had a decent return playing on left in yogis side he can produce magical moments when in mood and on form ..imo we dont have that at present

Eyrie
26-03-2012, 09:57 PM

Having evaluated the squad, did Mowbray then offer Riordan the same deal?

If so, then it was Riordan who chose to walk out on us.

silverhibee
26-03-2012, 10:36 PM
I am out of this one if it is going to down the same old root, we have been over and over this subject god know's how many times.

I would have him back at ER this week. :greengrin :cb

.Sean.
26-03-2012, 10:41 PM
I am out of this one if it is going to down the same old root, we have been over and over this subject god know's how many times.

Any chance!? :greengrin

silverhibee
26-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Any chance!? :greengrin

He would jump at the chance Sean.

But it is down to PF and he probably thinks he has enough fire power up front to get him through to the end of the season. :cb

Westie1875
26-03-2012, 11:35 PM

But it is down to PF and he probably thinks he has enough fire power up front to get him through to the end of the season. :cb

If he does he is wrong, we aren't exactly scoring loads of goals.

.Sean.
27-03-2012, 06:21 AM

I'd be over the moon if he signed for Hibs again mate.

Albanian Hibs
27-03-2012, 09:10 AM

Judas Iscariot
27-03-2012, 09:58 AM
If he does he is wrong, we aren't exactly scoring loads of goals.

I'd be over the moon if he signed for Hibs again mate.

Defo :agree:

silverhibee
27-03-2012, 12:25 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/03/27/murray-davidson-could-return-for-st-johnstone-within-next-couple-of-weeks-86908-23803258/

Moulin Yarns
27-03-2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/03/27/murray-davidson-could-return-for-st-johnstone-within-next-couple-of-weeks-86908-23803258/

Doubt if it will be before the end of the tax year. :wink: HMRC folks ken whits goin on

Part/Time Supporter
27-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Doubt if it will be before the end of the tax year. :wink: HMRC folks ken whits goin on

The absolute transfer deadline is Saturday 31st, clubs can't even sign free agents after then.

Houchy
27-03-2012, 01:16 PM

Mikey more than most:agree: He's an Admin Prick and is a board sympathiser, trying to flog season tickets to anyone who'll listen:greengrin

You don't need an Admin to delete a thread, you can do it yourself :wink:

Matt92
27-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Riordan will get his debut for St.J...
Score a few screamers in his first few games,
completely dip off form, resulting in him getting huffier and huffier, lazier and lazier, until they punt him in a years time and he becomes a journeyman/subject to hibs.net posters going on about how we should resign him.

Hes gone folks, if he ever god forbid came back he'd be worse than GOC and Sproule IMO.

jdships
27-03-2012, 03:53 PM
He didn't, but on the other hand there were always suggestions he was being hard done to or forced out. He wasn't. He wanted to go and get more cash.

Both times he has done it though his career has suffered. It would be a shame if he had also put himself out of football for the last few months over a potential tax payment.

Reckon you are nearer the truth than even you perhaps think :greengrin

Keith_M
27-03-2012, 04:06 PM
What's the big deal? Gary O'Connor will soon be on trial as well..........

CallumLaidlaw
30-03-2012, 09:42 AM
From STV journo -

@TyroneSTV: #stjohnstone have completed the signing of former #celtic and #hibs striker derek riordan

Spike Mandela
30-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Sheridan, Sandaza and Riordan. Quite a mouthwatering forward line.

Good luck Deeks. Wish you were here.

Judas Iscariot
30-03-2012, 10:05 AM
So this season we've now lost out to St Johnstone for Riordan along with Sheridan :confused:

:cb

hopefulhibby
30-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Riordan will score goals whoever he plays for no doubt .... id love to see him in a hibs jersey right now ... as i dont think we would be 2nd bottom as we are at moment ...he had a decent return playing on left in yogis side he can produce magical moments when in mood and on form ..imo we dont have that at present

Do you think he would get along with PF as we all know what Deeks is like and is PF strong enough to handle that type of player? i would love to see him back and yes he would score goals

hibee_girl
30-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Sheridan, Sandaza and Riordan. Quite a mouthwatering forward line.

Good luck Deeks. Wish you were here.

Thank God we don't play them again this season.

Keith_M
30-03-2012, 10:34 AM
So this season we've now lost out to St Johnstone for Riordan along with Sheridan :confused:

:cb

I don't think we were ever in for Riordan but, I get what you mean.

Who knows how it'll turn out. "A conundrum wrapped in an enigma" is 'our' Deeks.

yeezus.
30-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Good luck to him, he'll maybe help the Saints get into Europe

DAVE1875
30-03-2012, 10:38 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7636911/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Judas Iscariot
30-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't think we were ever in for Riordan but, I get what you mean.

Who knows how it'll turn out. "A conundrum wrapped in an enigma" is 'our' Deeks.

I'm pretty sure we contacted him

Good luck to him, he'll maybe help the Saints get into Europe

I'd rather he was here helping us stay up

The Modfather
30-03-2012, 11:00 AM
From STV journo -

@TyroneSTV: #stjohnstone have completed the signing of former #celtic and #hibs striker derek riordan

Unfortunately, Riordan, as much as we all love him, is symptamatic of why Scotland and Scottish athletes will never achieve anything.

A player who could have gone as far as he wanted given the natural ability he had.

instead, If the above is true, he's 29, at the peak age for a professional footballer, and he finds himself at St Johnstone and back in the SPL. With 1 solitary cap to his name, and no winners medals (other than possibly a token gesture squad members medal at the lesser greens) and 100+ goals for Hibs, which we all appreciate, but outside us means not alot in the larger scheme of things.

Riordan is by no means unique, but the cold hard facts are the biggest achievment/contribution he could have from his career, when he retires, is to coach and educate youngsters on not making the mistakes he has, living an athletes lifestyle, and not wasting talent.

eastmainsmsh
30-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Do you think he would get along with PF as we all know what Deeks is like and is PF strong enough to handle that type of player? i would love to see him back and yes he would score goals

Yes but seeing as no chance of deeks coming back as he has joined saints .....Does Sparky get along with Nutsy ? its all about the club and professionalism here you have to get on with management and team mates or bad atmosphere which appears to be case with jimmy scotts situ

Deeks tried far east chasing wonga it hasnt worked out... St Johnstone will flourish with him Lomas knows his stuff

Tha Cabbage Kid
30-03-2012, 11:37 AM

i think if gary o'connor wasnt at the club. we would be saying the same thing about him. "if only big gaz was at the club we wouldbe be any where near bottom of the league"

eastmainsmsh
30-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Big Gaz was flying at start of season .... he is the master of his own downfall no doubting his ability reckon his off -field problems have a lot to do with his form

SteveHFC
30-03-2012, 01:14 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17527598

SteveHFC
30-03-2012, 01:15 PM
http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/uploads/news30mar12.jpg

Spike Mandela
30-03-2012, 01:16 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg gggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

frazeHFC
30-03-2012, 01:18 PM
It breaks my heart, but i hope he does well.

Judas Iscariot
30-03-2012, 01:19 PM
:bitchy:

Speedway
30-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Meh.

smurf
30-03-2012, 01:24 PM
We don't need such a goalscoring machine, and one capable of a piece of magic, as we are freescoring and unlocking defences week in and week out.

Albanian Hibs
30-03-2012, 01:30 PM

:foot: :rolleyes: :boo hoo:
:sick:

Teo10
30-03-2012, 01:33 PM

Regardless what has happened, there is just something not quite right about that photo :bitchy:

Speedway
30-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Regardless what has happened, there is just something not quite right about that photo :bitchy:

You're right, the scarf seems to say 'Peuth Saints'

Judas Iscariot
30-03-2012, 01:35 PM
To be fair to Derek, he's probably right not to come back to us if some of the ***** that's said about him by some on here would be shouted at games...

easty
30-03-2012, 01:40 PM

What were they feeding him in China? He looks massive compared to Steve Lomas....:greengrin

Elephant Stone
30-03-2012, 01:43 PM
To be fair to Derek, he's probably right not to come back to us if some of the ***** that's said about him by some on here would be shouted at games...

What makes you think Hibs offered him something?

The_Exile
30-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Hibs or the Super J's, Hibs or the Super J's, and he chose the Super J's, whoever says Deek has nae brains is mistaken, the proof is right there! Best of luck to him, best striker I have personally ever seen playing for us (Paul Tosh apart obviously), and wish him nothing but success.

Westie1875
30-03-2012, 01:53 PM

Booooooo! :bitchy:

Viking
30-03-2012, 01:54 PM

so glad its not a hibs scarf he is holding up.....:wink: :duck: :offski: :wink:

down the slope
30-03-2012, 01:57 PM
He better no complain about the state of the pitch !

steakbake
30-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Doesn't bother me at all. He was a want-away player in the Summer, he got his move to Xian, didn't work out.

Seems clear to me he doesn't wish to be at Hibs on what he was going to be offered and Hibs were not too fussed about pushing the boat out for him.

Good luck to him at St Johnstone. I'm sure he'll do fine, but let it be said that there was a player who didn't achieve his full potential.

Anyway, I thought he was tired of the SPL?

The_Exile
30-03-2012, 02:04 PM
He wasn't a want away player in the summer, he was bored of the SPL, I'm bored of the SPL, but he didn't want to leave Hibs!

Dunbar Hibee
30-03-2012, 02:04 PM
I wish the Hibernian legend all the best :aok::not worth

Judas Iscariot
30-03-2012, 02:08 PM
What makes you think Hibs offered him something?

I'm not sure if Hibs offered him something but PF had been in touch with Derek/his agent

Ritchie
30-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Deek & Sandaza upfront..... thats a decent strikeforce! :agree:

lyonhibs
30-03-2012, 02:20 PM
As luck would have it, we won't be playing St Johnstone again this season, so won't have to endure the sight of Riordan - almost inevitably - scoring against us.

I commend the foresight of Calderwood, several prime participants on the park and - to a lesser extent - Fenlon, for making us so comprehensively ***** this year that we're rotting in the bottom 6 and thus won't have to worry about playing such "wee" teams as Motherwell and St Johnstone, who have rudely played decent football all season and finished in the top 6.

Speedway
30-03-2012, 02:24 PM
He wasn't a want away player in the summer, he was bored of the SPL, I'm bored of the SPL, but he didn't want to leave Hibs!

If he is bored of the SPL, he should sign a pre-contract with us for next season.

steakbake
30-03-2012, 02:27 PM

So what was he going to do? Wait till we get a space in the EPL? Or as is much more likely, the the SFL?

easty
30-03-2012, 02:28 PM
If he is bored of the SPL, he should sign a pre-contract with us for next season.

or Rangers...

Famous5forever
30-03-2012, 02:35 PM
As luck would have it, we won't be playing St Johnstone again this season, so won't have to endure the sight of Riordan - almost inevitably - scoring against us.

I commend the foresight of Calderwood, several prime participants on the park and - to a lesser extent - Fenlon, for making us so comprehensively ***** this year that we're rotting in the bottom 6 and thus won't have to worry about playing such "wee" teams as Motherwell and St Johnstone, who have rudely played decent football all season and finished in the top 6.

i think if that were to happen a few camels backs would be broken last straw and Awe.

Frazerbob
30-03-2012, 03:03 PM
What a waste of a great talent.

bigwheel
30-03-2012, 05:15 PM
What a waste of a great talent.

Why? They are better SPL side than us just now..

Wotherspiniesta
30-03-2012, 05:24 PM

I think the point Frazerbob was trying to make is that he should have been so much better than playing for a middle of the table SPL club at this stage in his career. Which is entirely true.

Frazerbob
30-03-2012, 05:24 PM

Because he should be playing in front of packed crowds in the Premiership or Championship not in Perth in front of 3000 fans.

Albion Hibs
30-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Glad he has found himself another club, I am sure he will do well there. He is most certainly one for coming back to haunt us.

SRHibs
30-03-2012, 06:14 PM

lmao

The_Todd
30-03-2012, 06:34 PM
I hope it sticks it right up the Yams in our absence in the Top 6 after the split.

Steven_Hibs
30-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I hope it sticks it right up the Yams in our absence in the Top 6 after the split.

This :agree:

erin go bragh
30-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Glad he has found himself another club, I am sure he will do well there. He is most certainly one for coming back to haunt us.
No this season :wink:
Good luck deeks ,hope he rams them into the pink mob.
ggtth

Pretty Boy
30-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Good luck to him.

Makes his comments about having to 'escape the SPL' look a bit silly though.

Sean1875
30-03-2012, 07:23 PM
So wrong :boo hoo: wish him the best of luck though.

Beefster
30-03-2012, 08:15 PM
If Riordan and O'Connor were standing next to each other in a sealed room, with no way in and no way out, who would look the slimmest?

The Modfather
30-03-2012, 10:02 PM
If Riordan and O'Connor were standing next to each other in a sealed room, with no way in and no way out, who would look the slimmest?

I reckon O'Connor would eat him.

silverhibee
30-03-2012, 11:22 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4230694/I-wont-hear-bad-of-Deek.html

The_Horde
30-03-2012, 11:36 PM
All the best Deeko! You should be holding a green and white scarf aloft for the third time but wish you all the best with the saintees! :thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
30-03-2012, 11:46 PM
waster.

silverhibee
31-03-2012, 12:42 AM
waster.

****in waster. :aok:

Pete
31-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Well done to St J for getting a cracking player. The pressure is off up there and he can just go and play.

1875godsgift
31-03-2012, 01:13 AM
waster.Well thought out comment there, directed at a professionial footballer who has a young family to consider.

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2012, 06:12 AM
I reckon he'll do well at St Johnstone, their style of football will suit Derek perfectly :agree:

Ours however :cool2:

hibees707070
31-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Good luck to him.

Makes his comments about having to 'escape the SPL' look a bit silly though.

Quite clearly didn't want to be with hibs yet people on here still think of him as some kind of legend!

soupy
31-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Quite clearly didn't want to be with hibs yet people on here still think of him as some kind of legend!

And do you know this for a fact do you???

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2012, 08:13 AM

So his 100+ Hibs goals are now irrelevant?

hibees707070
31-03-2012, 08:20 AM
So his 100+ Hibs goals are now irrelevant?

Aye he would have been up there but then decided to do the dirty on us.

hibees707070
31-03-2012, 08:21 AM
And do you know this for a fact do you???

Well he left hibs because he was bored of the spl but yet he has just signed for an spl club? If he wanted to be at hibs am sure he would be right now!

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2012, 08:26 AM

Did he?

Well he left hibs because he was bored of the spl but yet he has just signed for an spl club? If he wanted to be at hibs am sure he would be right now!

I'm pretty sure he played in China for a bit after he left Hibs, maybe that cured his boredom?

And do you blame him for possibly not wanting to come to Hibs?

marinello59
31-03-2012, 08:27 AM
He didn't do the dirty on us. He is a Pro footballer who left because he could earn a significantly higher income elsewhere. Every single one of us would do the same in our own careers. The player and the club did nothing wrong regarding his departure.

The Harp
31-03-2012, 08:28 AM

Third top goal scorer of all time in SPL including 104 goals in all competitions for Hibs might not give him legend status but it sure comes close IMO.
Thanks for the memories Deek and good luck at St J. - except against the Hibs.:wink:

The Modfather
31-03-2012, 08:53 AM
****in waster. :aok:

Difficult to argue he hasn't wasted his career. 29 and on an 8 game contract with St Johnstone. If he isn't a waster, he certainly isn't one of footballs achievers.

lyonhibs
31-03-2012, 08:56 AM

:faf::faf:

I'm not part of the "Make Deek a saint" crew, but the highlighted part above must be "Hibs.net myth/massive overexaggeration #23343459999000

I'd give my left bollock for Hibs to have someone who could finish like him right now.

500miles
31-03-2012, 09:03 AM
:faf::faf:

I'm not part of the "Make Deek a saint" crew, but the highlighted part above must be "Hibs.net myth/massive overexaggeration #23343459999000

I'd give my left bollock for Hibs to have someone who could finish like him right now.

Hmmmm, maybe not like his finishing during the end of his time with us. If you can't run, and can't compete, you MUST score. And he wasn't doing that.

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Difficult to argue he hasn't wasted his career. 29 and on an 8 game contract with St Johnstone. If he isn't a waster, he certainly isn't one of footballs achievers.

Plenty of footballers out of the game completely through no fault of their own, Deek decided to try his luck abroad, it didn't work out and so he's taken the opportunity offered by St Johnstone and why not? Scored 100+ goals for his hometown club, many a footballer would relish that non achievement!

Steve Lomas could have been talking about some folk on here in his statement, I too was bitterly disappointed with Deek during his last six months but don't get this slagging off he recieves from some on here.

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Hmmmm, maybe not like his finishing during the end of his time with us. If you can't run, and can't compete, you MUST score. And he wasn't doing that.

That sounds like all of our forwards bar 1..

Even then LG isn't exactly banging them in..

Still managed to score more goals in his last season than any of the current strikers have done so far this year

The Modfather
31-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Plenty of footballers out of the game completely through no fault of their own, Deek decided to try his luck abroad, it didn't work out and so he's taken the opportunity offered by St Johnstone and why not? Scored 100+ goals for his hometown club, many a footballer would relish that non achievement!

Steve Lomas could have been talking about some folk on here in his statement, I too was bitterly disappointed with Deek during his last six months but don't get this slagging off he recieves from some on here.

The point I was making is, at 29, and with the ability he had, he has pissed a career away to the extent that in his peak he is on an 8 week contract from St Johnstone. He chose to piss his career away, oh what might have been had he ever decided to live like a professional athlete.

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2012, 09:41 AM
The point I was making is, at 29, and with the ability he had, he has pissed a career away to the extent that in his peak he is on an 8 week contract from St Johnstone. He chose to piss his career away, oh what might have been had he ever decided to live like a professional athlete.

Why does that seem to bother you and others on here so much?

It's his life/career, not anyone elses!

I'm pretty sure Derek and his family are able to live quite comfortable on the back of the "pissed away career" that he's had

The Modfather
31-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Why does that seem to bother you and others on here so much?

It's his life/career, not anyone elses!

I'm pretty sure Derek and his family are able to live quite comfortable on the back of the "pissed away career" that he's had

Because players like Riordan, that don't have the maturity to realise they have been blessed with considerable talent, and that talent alone wont get you to the top without application and the correct lifestyle, are a major reason why we as a nation have fallen so far behind every other country.

Maybe it is just me, but I feel cheated when I see such special talent pissed away. 100 goals for Hibs and nothing else, is not a successful return from the talent he had in my book.

Que sera I suppose.

silverhibee
31-03-2012, 10:19 AM

Did he steal your lunch money as well. :aok:

HH81
31-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Did he steal your lunch money as well. :aok:

He stole mine, so now you owe me 2 pints at least. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2012, 10:25 AM
One of the best players to wear a Hibs shirt in the last 30 years. :hibees

SteveHFC
31-03-2012, 10:31 AM
He stole mine, so now you owe me 2 pints at least. :wink:

Fraz can get the 2 pints :greengrin

essexhibee
Because players like Riordan, that don't have the maturity to realise they have been blessed with considerable talent, and that talent alone wont get you to the top without application and the correct lifestyle, are a major reason why we as a nation have fallen so far behind every other country.

Maybe it is just me, but I feel cheated when I see such special talent pissed away. 100 goals for Hibs and nothing else, is not a successful return from the talent he had in my book.

Que sera I suppose.

I agree with this :aok: good post imo that sums it up. There is a whole host of scottish players that could have been so much more but lacked any ambition to further themselves.

I hope he does well at St Johnstone and starts banging them in because he truly is one of us. That celebration at Tynie...just :top marksgood luck Derek.

Onceinawhile
One of the best players to wear a Hibs shirt in the last 30 years. :hibees

I don't think this is in doubt, I think the problem most have is that he could have been so much better. However I'd he had been we would never have got him back for a second (very successful) spell.

hibiedude
31-03-2012, 10:33 AM

I couldn't have said it better myself.

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2012, 10:38 AM
I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'd wager a bet, you wish you had wasted your life as well as he has?:rolleyes:

ScottB
31-03-2012, 10:41 AM

Que sera I suppose.

100% agreed.

He is a poster boy for all that is wrong with Scottish culture. On naturally ability alone he was probably the best player of the 'Golden Generation' that we produced, yet has gone on to arguably achieve the least. Imagine what he could have achieved if he had Steven Fletcher's level of application and commitment! Instead he's spent a massive chunk of his career sitting on his a*se.

Sure, he achieved a lot for us, but I'd still label his careers waste, as if he'd put his mind to it he'd have been banging them in down south, not struggling to get a deal at St Johnstone after a failed stint in China!

hhibs
31-03-2012, 10:45 AM
We don't need such a goalscoring machine, and one capable of a piece of magic, as we are freescoring and unlocking defences week in and week out.

What! Don't you know? Hibs made a super secret signing to address our failings, yes indeed,another Director

SouthamptonHibs
31-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Sad day Deeks up front would have saved us fi relegation. last year the hibs netters etc said get rid off deeks and liam miller let bamba goo..well we did we replaced them with utter crap. anyone the slags derk off doesn' t understand football end off. 100 goals prob never see again due to 18 month contracts etc

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Let me give you my opinion on Riordan. A wonderful player in the SPL, one who lacked a bit of pace, but could score goals, lay them on and provide the fans with a many bits of quality and excitement.

I dont subscribe to view he should have moved to England, and certainly dont think he was good enough for the EPL. He imo lacks that dig/strength and pace needed for that league.

Yet here we have a player who scored many wonderful goals for us, and apart from 1 season was top scorer behind Stokes, yet apparently he's a waster.

Not in my opinion is he a waster, the dross wearing our teams shirts now and recently are wasters.

Riordan is a player who's in our record books, and the SPL record books for his goals. One of the best to play for us in 30 years, give me some more wasters like him. :rolleyes:

500miles
31-03-2012, 10:52 AM

Depends BH. If the most you can aim for in life is to get a respectable job, and live comfortably, and you achieve mediocrity, then you've not done that bad.

If you have the potential to be a national hero, a footballing icon, and a earn millions per year, and you end up playing for St. Johnstone - that is after Killie and Hibs didn't want you - then you've wasted a hell of a lot.

Most of us go into the Casino less than wealthy, and leave a bit skint. Deek went in with enough to sit at the high rollers table, and sat losing on the puggy all night. Waste.

SouthamptonHibs
31-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Let me give you my opinion on Riordan. A wonderful player in the SPL, one who lacked a bit of pace, but could score goals, lay them on and provide the fans with a many bits of quality and excitement.

I dont subscribe to view he should have moved to England, and certainly dont think he was good enough for the EPL. He imo lacks that dig/strength and pace needed for that league.

Yet here we have a player who scored many wonderful goals for us, and apart from 1 season was top scorer behind Stokes, yet apparently he's a waster.

Not in my opinion is he a waster, the dross wearing our teams shirts now and recently are wasters.

Riordan is a player who's in our record books, and the SPL record books for his goals. One of the best to play for us in 30 years, give me some more wasters like him. :rolleyes:

I Agree with u mate the boy is class doyle, o'donnovan etc ha gee me riorden up front any day hail hail

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Depends BH. If the most you can aim for in life is to get a respectable job, and live comfortably, and you achieve mediocrity, then you've not done that bad.

If you have the potential to be a national hero, a footballing icon, and a earn millions per year, and you end up playing for St. Johnstone - that is after Killie and Hibs didn't want you - then you've wasted a hell of a lot.

Most of us go into the Casino less than wealthy, and leave a bit skint. Deek went in with enough to sit at the high rollers table, and sat losing on the puggy all night. Waste.

See i disagree, as i said on another thread he's a good player. One of the best goalscorers Hibs have seen i a long while.

I never saw him as a national hero, i saw him as a very good SPL player. We have a very inflated view on some of our players, and our league at times.

I think he'd have struggled in the EPL, and think he's done very well for himself over the years, while also entertaining me and many other Hibs fans too.

500miles
31-03-2012, 10:56 AM

McFadden's done no bad for himself down south.

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2012, 10:59 AM
McFadden's done no bad for himself down south.

Yip i agree, and imo a better player. :confused:

soupy
31-03-2012, 11:03 AM

Yip, can't argue with this.....

Wotherspiniesta
31-03-2012, 11:07 AM
That sounds like all of our forwards bar 1..

Even then LG isn't exactly banging them in..

Still managed to score more goals in his last season than any of the current strikers have done so far this year

Leigh has scored 7 goals in 18 appearances, in his last season Deek scored 11 in 38.

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2012, 11:11 AM

:top marks

Best post on here in a long long time BH :agree:

Especially that bit in bold :aok:

Leigh has scored 7 goals in 18 appearances, in his last season Deek scored 11 in 38.

Last time I went to school 11 was more than 7 :dunno:

Wotherspiniesta
31-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Last time I went to school 11 was more than 7 :dunno:

You'll also realise that 18 is a damn sight less than 38 then :wink:

silverhibee
31-03-2012, 11:17 AM

Did Deek play 38 games in his last season. ?

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2012, 11:18 AM
You'll also realise that 18 is a damn sight less than 38 then :wink:

It's goals that count and will keep us up, not appearences..

Who's fault is it that LG hasn't played as much?!

Oh aye, his own

Part/Time Supporter
31-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Did Deek play 38 games in his last season. ?

Yes, including the 5 cup ties last year (2 v Ayr, 2 v Maribor and Kilmarnock).

Wotherspiniesta
31-03-2012, 11:30 AM
It's goals that count and will keep us up, not appearences..

Who's fault is it that LG hasn't played as much?!

Oh aye, his own

Not disputing its his own fault. Your point was that he's not exactly been banging them in, but on reflection he has a better strike rate than Riordan last season.

silverhibee
31-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Yes, including the 5 cup ties last year (2 v Ayr, 2 v Maribor and Kilmarnock).

Ahh right, because i thought he only played 1 game of the last six and missed a couple of games in January and maybe a suspension as well.

How many games did he start for Hibs last season.

And how has Sparky played only 18 games, yes i know he has been suspended for a few but thought he had played more games than 18. :aok:

IWasThere2016
31-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Great finisher, a natural. His goals would have been vital in keeping us up, and we should have been after him IMO.

hibiedude
31-03-2012, 12:46 PM

If I had the talent R01rdan had I would never had pissed it up the way he has.

Being banned from pubs and clubs is not in my thing.

marinello59
31-03-2012, 12:59 PM

I would have been worse. Much worse. FACT. :greengrin

Who says he has pissed it up anyway? St Johnstone might turn out to be a perfect fit for him.

silverhibee
31-03-2012, 01:25 PM

Did you have dreams about playing for Hibs when you were young. ?

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2012, 01:30 PM

You never had his talent, so have no idea what you'd have done with it?

Hibercelona
31-03-2012, 01:32 PM

Who says he has pissed it up anyway? St Johnstone might turn out to be a perfect fit for him.

Deek should have been on to far greater things by now.

Still, I hope he can get a bit more settled now at St Johnstone. Still a player worth having in the SPL, as long as he keeps himself match fit.

Bostonhibby
31-03-2012, 03:10 PM

:agree: This is how I really feel about Deeks when I reflect on it but it drives me mad to think what he could have done, then again had he achieved even more we it would ahve been even more unlikely we'd have been able to pay him what he's worth and have him for as long.

As to now, my view is if he is fit enough for St Johnstone to give him a deal he is easily good enough for us, and boy could we do with that and a lift for the fans in general. Odd if PF didn't want him but fair enough, personally I doubt Petrie would pay him. Guaranteed to come back and haunt us.

marinello59
31-03-2012, 04:55 PM
:agree: This is how I really feel about Deeks when I reflect on it but it drives me mad to think what he could have done, then again had he achieved even more we it would ahve been even more unlikely we'd have been able to pay him what he's worth and have him for as long.

As to now, my view is if he is fit enough for St Johnstone to give him a deal he is easily good enough for us, and boy could we do with that and a lift for the fans in general. Odd if PF didn't want him but fair enough, personally I doubt Petrie would pay him. Guaranteed to come back and haunt us.

Or he will just get Casper to do it for him.

Spike Mandela
31-03-2012, 05:23 PM
If Deeks played for a team with a great midfield and he was asked to do things in the front left position he is an absolutely brilliant asset with the added ability of great at free kicks.

If he had come to us just now he would no doubt be asked to play left midfield again and work back and defend blah blah blah and his talent would be absolutely wasted.

He is better off where he is and I hope he gets the 5 goals he needs to take him over the 100 SPL goals. A hat trick against Hearts would help in that regard.:greengrin

hibiedude
31-03-2012, 07:34 PM

R01rdan had the talent to go far in the game but made more front page headlines than back page and now he's in the last chance saloon at St Johnstone.

Would you put money on him NOT messing it up again ?