PDA

View Full Version : Positivity

NeilOrrSquareBa
30-03-2012, 11:48 AM
The sun has shone all week and has made me feel good about the world. Better than I feel about the Hibs!!

But seriously folks and I am trying to make a case here for positivity as force of change. I read LOB's interview in this mornings Scotsman. His take on his mate Pat Fenlon is what I've heard from the man himself and other contributors. He is passionate; cares abut football and wants to win. No argument he's been successful in Ireland. No argument he' struggled to get wins over here. But enough about the club. It's the fans I'm addressing. Because it's the fans who are the club. When Petrie/Fenlon/Scott/Whoever have gone it will be us or our sons and daughters who will still be here supporting the Green and white. It is our family.

As caring family members we should be there to support our club in this dire situation. As many up to Inverness as can make it. (I for one will not! My wife won't let me) but I'll dodge the family gathering at 3:00pm to watch the match and pray we get something out of it. Thick and Thin that's a fan. Clearly there been more thin than thick and I've been watching Hibs for over 40 years!! But as many along to ER for the Motherwell game to support the team. Sure boo if they lose why not your disappointed but when there’s time on the clock urge them on. Make then bigger by telling them it’s our club we are the fans we want to see winners. Be POSITIVE and make POSITIVE things happen. Voices combined in support give support.

Ramble over I thank you.

Franck Le God
30-03-2012, 03:14 PM
The sun has shone all week and has made me feel good about the world. Better than I feel about the Hibs!!

But seriously folks and I am trying to make a case here for positivity as force of change. I read LOB's interview in this mornings Scotsman. His take on his mate Pat Fenlon is what I've heard from the man himself and other contributors. He is passionate; cares abut football and wants to win. No argument he's been successful in Ireland. No argument he' struggled to get wins over here. But enough about the club. It's the fans I'm addressing. Because it's the fans who are the club. When Petrie/Fenlon/Scott/Whoever have gone it will be us or our sons and daughters who will still be here supporting the Green and white. It is our family.

As caring family members we should be there to support our club in this dire situation. As many up to Inverness as can make it. (I for one will not! My wife won't let me) but I'll dodge the family gathering at 3:00pm to watch the match and pray we get something out of it. Thick and Thin that's a fan. Clearly there been more thin than thick and I've been watching Hibs for over 40 years!! But as many along to ER for the Motherwell game to support the team. Sure boo if they lose why not your disappointed but when there’s time on the clock urge them on. Make then bigger by telling them it’s our club we are the fans we want to see winners. Be POSITIVE and make POSITIVE things happen. Voices combined in support give support.

Ramble over I thank you.

I think this at every home game.

I understand how frustrating it is watching Hibs at times, this season especially. But what I can't for the life of me understand is why 'supporters' decide to boo and harass our own players DURING the game. It doesn't help the players, it annoys fellow supporters and I just don't get it.

I have no problem with people booing at the end of a poor performance, I'm not suggesting blindly cheering and happy-clapping every performance. But during the game the players need our support, now more than ever.