PDA

View Full Version : Semi Final Card Display - Update

Chuck Rhoades
30-03-2012, 09:55 AM
10,000 A3 sheets have now been bought and paid for.

We are now looking for volunteers to help lay out the card on Friday 13th April.

Access into the ground will be from 12:30pm until late. People are welcome to come whenever suitable and leave whenever they have to. Every extra hour really will help us.

If you are able to help, please PM me your name and mobile number and I will contact you nearer the time with further detail.

We are around £255 short of where we would like to be.

We have digged in our own pockets to cover the rest of the cost for 25m of material, 10,000 cards and 600 streamers.

I would like to say a HUGE THANKS to all who have donated so far.

Those wishing to chip in a few quid can do so via PayPal to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk

Alternately, I am able to pick-up cash donations around Edinburgh if required.

FrazeHFC will be at Inverness for those who wish to donate then.

To summarise, we have the card, now we need the support to help us lay it.

GGTTH

Hibs90
30-03-2012, 10:55 AM
What if it's windy the night before? :greengrin

Frazerbob
30-03-2012, 11:01 AM
There's a report in the local rag up here today that the Sheep are planning their biggest ever display at the semi, including the longest flag ever displayed in Scotland. One punter paid £500 towards it.

They're expecting around 15,000 fans to travel although speaking to a mate who runs a bus from his pub they're having similar ticket sale issues to the us at that Hearts semi.

lyonhibs
30-03-2012, 11:14 AM
What if it's windy the night before? :greengrin

You jest, but that's a fair point. One pishy rainy and/or windy night on the Friday and these awesome plans could be kyboshed.

Fingers crossed for the weather I guess

Chuck Rhoades
30-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Card is rolled up and placed in between the seat, so the seat itself will protect it from the weather.

The thickness of the card should also be enough to ensure it all doesn't curl up.

Dry weather would obviously be prefered.

Hibs are working on advertising our display to.

Gatecrasher
30-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Card is rolled up and placed in between the seat, so the seat itself will protect it from the weather.

The thickness of the card should also be enough to ensure it all doesn't curl up.

Dry weather would obviously be prefered.

Hibs are working on advertising our display to.
i sent a donation in this morning, could you let me know if it arrived ok?

Cheers

Chuck Rhoades
30-03-2012, 11:38 AM
i sent a donation in this morning, could you let me know if it arrived ok?

Cheers

Three payments received today from Ian, James & Kenneth - so it you are one of them then it's arrived.

Thanks, much appreciated:aok:

Gatecrasher
30-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Three payments received today from Ian, James & Kenneth - so it you are one of them then it's arrived.

Thanks, much appreciated:aok:

I'm in bold, Thanks for confirming

DC_Hibs
30-03-2012, 11:58 AM
It's good that the fans seem to be supporting this and I'm pretty sure a similar article to the Aberdeen one on Hibs official site will see the target reached easily....and hopefully a few more volunteers to help set it up.

I think our ticket sales will take off on Monday when the public sale starts and we really should be able to sell a good bit more than Aberdeen can manage.
A result or two before the semi will also help of course.

007 Mickey Weir
30-03-2012, 12:24 PM
If they have more fans there than us so be it. One of my favourite ever Hibs games was the semi final against the Rangers when we won on penalties. Don't think we even had 8000 there.

Was down the shop buying my tickets this morning. Was told that about 5000 tickets sold. First two sections in North stand sold out. :flag::flag:

pentlando
30-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Looking forward to the display, and I'm in the boat of wanting Aberdeen to have a good display too. Especially with the game live on Sky hopefully those watching from outside of Scotland see the level and intensity of support that exists outside the old firm. With everything that's going on every non old firm team should be taking any airtime they can to advertise Scottish football for what it is, not what the old firm pretend it is:flag:

007 Mickey Weir
30-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Looking forward to the display, and I'm in the boat of wanting Aberdeen to have a good display too. Especially with the game live on Sky hopefully those watching from outside of Scotland see the level and intensity of support that exists outside the old firm. With everything that's going on every non old firm team should be taking any airtime they can to advertise Scottish football for what it is, not what the old firm pretend it is:flag:

Then they can turn over and watch something else hee hee! :greengrin no I'm up for a good day out with no expectations.

RIP
30-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Fantastic article on the club website just went up :flag:

Nelly070
30-03-2012, 07:59 PM
10,000 A3 sheets have now been bought and paid for.

We are now looking for volunteers to help lay out the card on Friday 13th April.

Access into the ground will be from 12:30pm until late. People are welcome to come whenever suitable and leave whenever they have to. Every extra hour really will help us.

If you are able to help, please PM me your name and mobile number and I will contact you nearer the time with further detail.

We are around £255 short of where we would like to be.

We have digged in our own pockets to cover the rest of the cost for 25m of material, 10,000 cards and 600 streamers.

I would like to say a HUGE THANKS to all who have donated so far.

Those wishing to chip in a few quid can do so via PayPal to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk

Alternately, I am able to pick-up cash donations around Edinburgh if required.

FrazeHFC will be at Inverness for those who wish to donate then.

To summarise, we have the card, now we need the support to help us lay it.

GGTTH

If we don't start picking up results we might not have enough supporters to hold the cards !

Jonnyboy
30-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Good work guys - donation sent :aok:

FranckSuzy
30-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Have sent a wee donation. Great work guys :agree: :flag:

Chuck Rhoades
02-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Bump

07-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Good effort guys, hopefully we will have enough hibbys there to make it work to its best!

Great idea to make the occasion a special one :agree:

GGTTH