PDA

View Full Version : Dunfermline sign new keeper

HFC07
30-03-2012, 06:06 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7635699/Pars-agree-keeper-deal

Should we be concerned?

Pretty Boy
30-03-2012, 06:15 AM
A 32 year old who has played his entire career in the Spanish lower leagues is hardly likely to be the next Iker Casillas.

However if he's a bit better than Chris Smith (not hard) then they might just stop shipping as many silly goals as they have.

Keith_M
30-03-2012, 06:18 AM
Funny thing is, I was thinking last night that, as we're still light in so many areas of the field, why don't we try to get other players in outside the transfer window.

I suppose it's just who's available at the time but it would be nice if they were at least looking at the options.

Hibs7
30-03-2012, 06:56 AM
A 32 Iyear old who has played his entire career in the Spanish lower leagues is hardly likely to be the next Iker Casillas.

However if he's a bit better than Chris Smith (not hard) then they might just stop shipping as many silly goals as they have.

According to the Scotsman, he is back up for Smith as they only have young keepers if Smith gets injured

Prawn Sandwich
30-03-2012, 07:17 AM

Should we be concerned?

Yes. The goalkeeping position is the Pars weakest position since the lost Gallagher.

Ritchie
30-03-2012, 07:32 AM

Should we be concerned?

not unless he is a keeper with a prolific scoring record!

Niffy
30-03-2012, 07:37 AM
They could sign the best keeper in the world.... or the worst.... makes no difference.
What's going to decide our fate is our own players mentality.... nothing else.

HFC07
30-03-2012, 07:39 AM
not unless he is a keeper with a prolific scoring record!

If he stops goals then Dunfy cannot get beat..... a fact that I think the hibs goalie and back four have forgotten recently

Ritchie
30-03-2012, 07:45 AM
If he stops goals then Dunfy cannot get beat..... a fact that I think the hibs goalie and back four have forgotten recently

if he stops goals and makes teams unbeatable we'd have heard of him before now and i doubt he'd be signing for Dunfermline.

Famous5forever
30-03-2012, 07:54 AM

Should we be concerned?

It is a concern that they seem to be working harder little things like a new player coming in as well as a new Manager probably will lift them a bit.
However we are in the driving seat 3 points clear far better goal difference and we should have 3 home games 2 away post split.
Everything is in our favour.

JimBHibees
30-03-2012, 09:14 AM
A 32 year old who has played his entire career in the Spanish lower leagues is hardly likely to be the next Iker Casillas.

I'm better than him and I am getting old with a dodgy knee. :greengrin

HFC 0-7
30-03-2012, 09:44 AM
It is a concern that they seem to be working harder little things like a new player coming in as well as a new Manager probably will lift them a bit.
However we are in the driving seat 3 points clear far better goal difference and we should have 3 home games 2 away post split.
Everything is in our favour.

Is that a good thing?

Baker9
30-03-2012, 11:48 AM

Should we be concerned?

I'm getting paranoid about everything Hibs right now and yes, we should be concerned. I'm also paranoid about the Hearts connections of Jeffrey and I expect at least a point for Dunfermline at the weekend. I need one of my special pills.

Famous5forever
30-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Is that a good thing?

Going by reults the answer is No but a home game should always give us an advantage the way i see it we are 3 points ahead of them with a better goal difference they have minus 36 we have minus 29 so it would take an 8 goal swing as we have scored more for them to top that.
Plus we have 3 points more, 7 Games left 4 at Home 3 Away and we have to play them at home, i know where i would rather be and its not in fat jims shoes.

Speedway
30-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Ultimately I think that if their new goalkeeper reduces the number of goals they concede, they will irrefuteably have to score fewer goals in order to win matches.

Famous5forever
30-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Ultimately I think that if their new goalkeeper reduces the number of goals they concede, they will irrefuteably have to score fewer goals in order to win matches.

However if their new goalkeeper increases the amount of goals they concede then they will have to score more goals in order to win matches.

Hibercelona
30-03-2012, 12:31 PM
However if their new goalkeeper increases the amount of goals they concede then they will have to score more goals in order to win matches.

However.... :wink:

Their new goalie would have to be worse than their current goalie which is highly unlikely.

SquashedFrogg
30-03-2012, 04:07 PM

I kind of know where you're coming from PB but after checking his profile, he may prove to be better than many expect. He's played for a couple of semi decent teams and at 32 he's certainly a good age for a keeper and there's some more than decent teams in the second division - Deportivo La Coruna, Celta Vigo, Real Valladolid plus the Barca, Madrid & Villarreal B teams.

The guy Broto signed for Airdrie then Livi from obscurity when he was nearing 30 and turned out to be not too shabby.

Let's hope he's a complete donkey (or Spanish equivalent) but knowing our luck :rolleyes: may end up a superstar for them...

HibbyAndy
30-03-2012, 04:12 PM

Ultimately if you keep trotting out the same spiel time and time again you will nae doubt not be far off the mark.

Part/Time Supporter
30-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Have they actually signed him? Deadline was at 5pm.