PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up - or - Thumbs Down......

mca
29-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Have never seen so much negative posts about Hibs - than on these Forums !!!

Its about time we can give Either, a - Thumbs up / thumbs down to the comment..

the forums are crazy - and it kinda feels like there are more diet huns than the usual doubters at the moment ....!!

was just thinking it would be better if everyone had the power to vote on each individual comments .. like it or dont like it kinda button ???

maybe then you could weed out the constant people who negative post .. ( i know its a kinda filter )..

Apologies if this has been Done / tried or mentioned in the past - but i find it nice to go on to a forum and if some comment has had say between 20 and 50 thumbs down it gets deleted !!! before i spend ten minutes reading the post - kinda thing ..

Sergey
29-03-2012, 10:15 PM

the forums are crazy - and it kinda feels like there are more diet huns than the usual doubters at the moment ....!!

was just thinking it would be better if everyone had the power to vote on each individual comments .. like it or dont like it kinda button ???

maybe then you could weed out the constant people who negative post .. ( i know its a kinda filter )..

Apologies if this has been Done / tried or mentioned in the past - but i find it nice to go on to a forum and if some comment has had say between 20 and 50 thumbs down it gets deleted !!! before i spend ten minutes reading the post - kinda thing ..

Pay £10 for private membership and rid yourself of your current angst, otherwise, endure yourself to constant negativity from free-loaders.

That's a thumbs-up from me.

sahib
29-03-2012, 10:20 PM

We are having one of the worst seasons we have ever had to suffer, I would suggest you look no further than that for the negativity and you know where you can stick your thumbs!

Sean1875
29-03-2012, 10:25 PM
We cant start weeding out negative posters because at the end of the day that is just their opinion. Thats why these messageboards were created, so fans can bring their opinions to the forum. Yes it might be full of negativity at the moment but surely that is just a reflection of the current state of our club.

Saorsa
29-03-2012, 10:25 PM
We are having one of the worst seasons we have ever had to suffer, I would suggest you look no further than that for the negativity and you know where you can stick your thumbs!aye, up or down :greengrin

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/microdoted_yeahno.gif

Sean1875
29-03-2012, 10:26 PM
aye, up or down :greengrin

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/microdoted_yeahno.gif

:greengrin

mca
29-03-2012, 10:38 PM
im just so sick of some of the yam/huns posts on the site the now ... and you can quite often obviously see some of them !!!

i know hibs have a lot of problems - but it would be nice if we could use some sort of hun/yam filter to monitor the positive and negative posts... !!

just like some sites do with spam filter - they keep looking for the same old negative posters or folks who contuine to post the similar / same message ...

Spike Mandela
29-03-2012, 10:59 PM
A messageboard with just positive posts is like a kind of Pravda forum and wouldn't be realistic.

I don't believe we have posters who are negative and posters who are positive. I think we have posters who sometimes post positive things and sometimes negative things depending on their current mood, it's real life.

Even the undercover Yams have their place, they are usually weeded out pretty quick.What we don't need is Mccarthyite witch hunts looking For them.

Vive la difference!

frazeHFC
29-03-2012, 11:15 PM
If we just get rid of every yam, starting with HH81, then i think the site would vastly improve.

SteveHFC
29-03-2012, 11:16 PM
If we just get rid of every yam, starting with HH81 and me then i think the site would vastly improve.

Sorted that for you :cb

frazeHFC
29-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Sorted that for you :cb

You can shove your friggin smiley up yer arse!

:singing:

:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
29-03-2012, 11:37 PM
We are having one of the worst seasons we have ever had to suffer, I would suggest you look no further than that for the negativity and you know where you can stick your thumbs!

i concur, and a big :giruy: anaw, and as for these posters that want a forum where everyone is in agreement :violin:

cabbageandribs1875
29-03-2012, 11:40 PM
im just so sick of some of the yam/huns posts on the site the now ... and you can quite often obviously see some of them !!!

care to point them out Mr detective man ? :)

Viva_Palmeiras
30-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Nostalgia is a funny thing and the mammory ;) plays tricks but I don't recall the original Hibs list being quite as polarised as it can be on here at times. The real wind-up merchants hadn't become as prominent. It would be interesting to dig out some posts from that era.

HH81
30-03-2012, 06:07 AM
If we just get rid of every yam, starting with HH81, then i think the site would vastly improve.

Admin..... This Fraze guy/girl is a bully.

Keith_M
30-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Admin..... This Fraze guy/girl is a bully.

LTYF

:tee hee:

Pretty Boy
30-03-2012, 06:21 AM

i know hibs have a lot of problems - but it would be nice if we could use some sort of hun/yam filter to monitor the positive and negative posts... !!

just like some sites do with spam filter - they keep looking for the same old negative posters or folks who contuine to post the similar / same message ...

If you believe you have spotted a post by someone who is 'obviously' a yam or hun you do realise you're allowed to use the report function to alert the admin team.

Believe it or not they actually do have systems on place for checking these things out. They sometimes miss one though so rely on vigilant site users such as yourself to give them a helping hand.

Mikey
30-03-2012, 12:18 PM

As PB says, use the Report Post function.

I'd be willing to bet that I've met most of the Yams and Huns you refer to though :wink:

frazeHFC
30-03-2012, 12:29 PM
As PB says, use the Report Post function.

I'd be willing to bet that I've met most of the Yams and Huns you refer to though :wink:

Ahh so the yams are so clever they have an undercover one as an admin. We've caught you now Mikey. :greengrin

:lolyam:

Speedway
30-03-2012, 12:43 PM

As usual on remedials.net when someone makes an honest suggestion, the naysayers automatically decide that the OP wants the complete opposite extreme.

Who wants a totally negative or totally positive board? The problem is that .net has always been short of posters who deliver comment with balance, perspective, evidence and context.

The tone of the board is made up of a lot of Hibbies (possibly) who are real whinging gets and **** themselves at the first sign of trouble. Matchday threads are a good example of this.

Those with a lesser level of emotional intolerance often stay quiet and post less frequently.

The negativity has been here in seasons good and bad. In Mogga's era a lot of focus went on comedy defending and how crap Konte and others were. There have also been the Murray, Marshall, Wotherspoon, Hogg, Murdock, Maka, Zibbi, Brown (Simon), Caig, Edge, Wiss, KT, RP, Lewis, Rankin, Mixu, Calderwood, Yogi, Keenan etc scapegoat/hate campaigns to name a few.

So before we post about our rights to be venting and blowing off steam about the pish we're served up, remember that we choose whether or not to pay for this pish and even though it is undilluted pish now, that STILL doesn't justifiy the mean spirit of the main board.

So here on main, it's like someone saying 'Ahh paid £20 for a toaster and it burnt ma bread. DISGRACE. Then next week Aahh paid another £20 for another o' they toasters, still burnt ma bread. Aaahm gonnae buy anaither wan next week an' aw and ah'll be back to whinge ma erse off when it burns ma loaf again.

As evidence, the PM board is nothing like the main. It has a much more relaxed and realistic tone. The dire nature of performances and results that Hibs deliver are still discussed there but with 85% less hate and vitriol.

Main is hopefully made up of a cross section that includes a lot of yams and knee jerkers and is hopefully not representitive of the support overall. If it was, the fans would deserve their team being relegated.

MB62
30-03-2012, 12:44 PM
A list of positive things to post about

1- We are in the semi-final of the Scottish cup

2- The pitch has held up better this season and is nice and green

3- eh! :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: