PDA

View Full Version : Martin Scott

PaulSmith
28-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Binned and available for loan

HibbyAndy
28-03-2012, 04:31 PM
What an absolute waste ok 100K plus wages.

Golden Bear
28-03-2012, 04:33 PM

I wonder if he was the mole in the camp and the guy that was spreading the malicious rumours to the Press?

:hmmm:

Pretty Boy
28-03-2012, 04:40 PM
£100k for a limited player who seems to be a bit of a loose cannon.

Good bit of business there.

JIm
28-03-2012, 04:47 PM

I'm just amazed its taken this long.

dp00
28-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Let me be the first to ask "source"

Westie1875
28-03-2012, 04:53 PM

Hibs website

dp00
28-03-2012, 04:54 PM

Just noticed it on official site

Billy Whizz
28-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Just noticed it on official site

Tucked away nicely at the bottom of the article

PaulSmith
28-03-2012, 05:07 PM
I wonder if he was the mole in the camp and the guy that was spreading the malicious rumours to the Press?

Entirely plausible

sesoim
28-03-2012, 05:11 PM

No doubt if he was playing for another SPL team, he'd probably score every time he played against us.

djs69
28-03-2012, 05:16 PM
No doubt if he was playing for another SPL team, he'd probably score every time he played against us.

won't have to worry about that next season then

Spike Mandela
28-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Does seem a bit strange to dispense of his services whilst we currently play one of the worst midfields I have ever witnessed at ER. Would he honestly be that out of place if required to play due to injury to others?

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Does seem a bit strange to dispense of his services whilst we currently play one of the worst midfields I have ever witnessed at ER. Would he honestly be that out of place if required to play due to injury to others?

Liam Miller was slaughtered on here, along with the likes of Riordan and even Bamba, and we've replaced them with vastly inferior players, and have a much worse team than any these players played in.

We moaned at how we needed to replace these quality players with those who would fight for the cause, well we have got our wish now. :rolleyes:

snooky
28-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Sparky has malarky and gets a ticking off
Scotty forgotty about a training sesh and is binned.
Sounds like club discipline is directly proportional to how much the player is needed.

And that's fine by me, BTW :greengrin

Mark79
28-03-2012, 05:51 PM
My father in law will be gutted to hear that his favourite player is leaving.

Northernhibee
28-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Quite liked his fight on the pitch, but could also be a right fanny I've heard as well.

Mixed feelings about this one.

joebakerforever
28-03-2012, 06:12 PM

:lips seal Apparently not

SteveHFC
28-03-2012, 06:12 PM
About time. The guy is crap :aok:

lyonhibs
28-03-2012, 06:14 PM
This has "will bite us on our arse" written all over it. Not necessarily saying that, in the here and now, it's the wrong call, but see Rankin, J for what can happen when a player who "isn't Hibs class" moves away from Hibs to another SPL team.

There are others who, purely on their on-field demeanour and attributes, I'd bin before him, but I'm not sure of his influence on the squad off the pitch.

Spike Mandela
28-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Liam Miller was slaughtered on here, along with the likes of Riordan and even Bamba, and we've replaced them with vastly inferior players, and have a much worse team than any these players played in.

We moaned at how we needed to replace these quality players with those who would fight for the cause, well we have got our wish now. :rolleyes:

:agree: When you have proven talent in your ranks you should treasure it and not nit pick on any failings they may have be it non worker, attitude or perceived lack of fight. Exceptional skill is exceptional skill after all and it is so rare at our level.

Iain G
28-03-2012, 06:16 PM

Hah! Having seen Liam Miller allegd superstar in the flesh this season i can confirm he is still phoning in his tippy tappy ineffective performances down under...

Famous5forever
28-03-2012, 06:23 PM
This we can only hope this is all part of Paddys master plan to clear out the old and in with New/Better players who will drive us forward we all knew that players would be moved on and Paddy has started to do this. :pfgwa

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Hah! Having seen Liam Miller allegd superstar in the flesh this season i can confirm he is still phoning in his tippy tappy ineffective performances down under...

You want to get yerself over here and watch this version of football, i'm not quite sure what the standard is like in Australia, but the liam Miller who left Hibs would stroll into this midfield imo.

3pm
28-03-2012, 07:00 PM
You want to get yerself over here and watch this version of football, i'm not quite sure what the standard is like in Australia, but the liam Miller who left Hibs would stroll into this midfield imo.

So would Brian Potter.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2012, 07:01 PM
So would Brian Potter.

:greengrin Get him in alongside Sandy Richardson, one for the oldies. :wink:

Pretty Boy
28-03-2012, 07:06 PM

No question.

I argued at the time and I still say it now. You don't improve a team by replacing guys like Miller and Riordan with guys like Scott and Doyle.

3pm
28-03-2012, 07:08 PM

I googled it!

'You're going home like Sandy Richardson'!!

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2012, 07:10 PM
No question.

I argued at the time and I still say it now. You don't improve a team by replacing guys like Miller and Riordan with guys like Scott and Doyle.

I said it too, when you have quality, you need to build round it, not get rid and replace with journeymen, all you end up with is journeymen.

muirhousehibby
28-03-2012, 07:13 PM

Kevin Mcbride would stroll into the team right now, Martin scott had a lot of bookings for someone who hardly featured in the side too (mins wise). Motherwell away 4-3 game he was booked with 2 minutes of coming on. Never really got a decent run in the team.

keep the faith
28-03-2012, 07:20 PM

yep. Would take your hand off for liam miller now.

madabouthibs
28-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Feel a bit sad about this, why not give the guy a run in the team? Gonna be fascinating to see who Paddy wants to sign this summer! :confused:

BoltonHibee
28-03-2012, 08:27 PM

What's Sandy doing now? He was at a crossroads in his carrier really....

Gala Foxes
28-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Beats me (1) why we signed him in the first place (2) why he was not kicked out after the pre-season shambles

No loss

erin go bragh
28-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Wonder what would happen if dunfermline asked to take him on loan :cb

GGTTH

.Sean.
28-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Entirely plausible
He had a huge row with Fenlon the other week, apparantly. Fantastic that Fenlon's not going to be seen to take any ***** off him and has decided to bin him.

What a waste of +£100,000. gid yin CC :aok:

Billy Whizz
28-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Wonder what would happen if dunfermline asked to take him on loan :cb

GGTTH

I don't think SPL clubs can take him on loan

Malonga's Cat
28-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Has added nothing to our squad since his arrival. I'm happy Fenlon is shipping out players who aren't featuring. Scott has had some bad press since he came to Hibs, reason enough to bin him.

plhibs
28-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Wonder if he will go back to Ross County, wasn't it Adams that recomended him.

Jonnyboy
28-03-2012, 09:41 PM
So would Brian Potter.

Play those two either side of Douglas Baader and Scott still wouldnae break into the first team :greengrin

Scott has been a waste of a wage IMO

silverhibee
28-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Jimmy Scott= 100k and a three and a half year contract, :rolleyes: ****ing madness. Waste of money. RP must have had plenty faith in CC to be spending money like that on a waste of a shirt.

My worry with Scott is he will never play for a better club than Hibs and will never get a better wage either, yes he can go out on loan but it still means that Hibs will be paying part of his wage and still on our books, will Hibs let him leave for nothing in the summer, that's if a club will take him and we may have to pay him to get rid of him, or does he just sit it out and see his 3 1/2 contract out and collect the money by turning up for training when he can be bothered.

Bishop Hibee
28-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Wonder if he will go back to Ross County, wasn't it Adams that recomended him.

That's what I was led to believe. A worse player than Rankin and Miller who we got rid of. Looked dynamic and a fighter but was in fact off the pace and a clogger. No loss.

Paisley Hibby
28-03-2012, 10:19 PM

How long left on his contract? Hibs website says that he will not play again this season and is available for loan - so not totally binned? (yet)

silverhibee
28-03-2012, 10:37 PM
I said it too, when you have quality, you need to build round it, not get rid and replace with journeymen, all you end up with is journeymen.

No doubt the player budget will go down again for this summer, so it might not even be journeymen, but players from the lower league's of Scotland and maybe a few irish players too.

The quality has gone BH, most demanded it and look where we are now, loanees and mostly crap.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2012, 10:49 PM
No doubt the player budget will go down again for this summer, so it might not even be journeymen, but players from the lower league's of Scotland and maybe a few irish players too.

The quality has gone BH, most demanded it and look where we are now, loanees and mostly crap.

:agree: It seems some would rather watch poor players but players who are 100%ers, rather than watch players with quality at least try and do things the right way. :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
28-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Still got more than 2 years left on his contract so that will mean a fairly big pay off at some point over the next few months as I don't see anyone paying any money for him.

He'll end up back at Ross County.

Beefster
29-03-2012, 08:05 AM
He had a huge row with Fenlon the other week, apparantly. Fantastic that Fenlon's not going to be seen to take any ***** off him and has decided to bin him.

Think that your comments would be better directed at Derek Adams tbh.

:agree: It seems some would rather watch poor players but players who are 100%ers, rather than watch players with quality at least try and do things the right way. :rolleyes:

You've been defending Stevenson for being a 100% trier when folk have said that he's not good enough, haven't you?

blackpoolhibs
29-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Think that your comments would be better directed at Derek Adams tbh.

You've been defending Stevenson for being a 100% trier when folk have said that he's not good enough, haven't you?

Not quite, i also have said if you get rid of quality and replace them with journeymen, you will end up with journeymen. If we had a bit better quality around these triers, we'd not be in as much trouble as we are.

I dont know just how many times i have to say it before it manages to register, but I DONT THINK STEVENSON IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR A TEAM THAT HAS ASPIRATIONS OF A TOP 4 OR EVEN A TOP 6 PLACE.

What he has done is give a consistent standard of performance, its the (more experienced supposedly better players) who have not raised their game, or even played as well as we hoped they would, or the players they replaced.

Beefster
29-03-2012, 09:04 AM
I DONT THINK STEVENSON IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR A TEAM THAT HAS ASPIRATIONS OF A TOP 4 OR EVEN A TOP 6 PLACE.

Seems like we totally agree then.

Andy74
29-03-2012, 09:11 AM
yep. Would take your hand off for liam miller now.

Oh for the days of Miller, McBride, Zemmama and Riordan - a midfield that got nothing but stick because we were only beating teams at home 3-0 and they might have had a shot at goal before we scored.

PaulSmith
29-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Oh for the days of Miller, McBride, Zemmama and Riordan - a midfield that got nothing but stick because we were only beating teams at home 3-0 and they might have had a shot at goal before we scored.

And we had Stokes up front.

Wonder why all of them are now off the wage bill

Beefster
29-03-2012, 09:15 AM

Stokes was killing the club along with Bamba. We're better off with O'Hanlon and Doyle because they're nice guys.

blackpoolhibs
29-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Seems like we totally agree then.

Yes we are :agree:, plus i can also see when someone is giving their all, maybe not the best player but Stevenson is giving his all, not hiding and playing as good as he probably can.

When you have others who are supposed to be better players, looking as if they dont give a toss, its no surprise to me Lewis's play has been recognised by the fans.

greenlex
29-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Stokes was killing the club along with Bamba. We're better off with O'Hanlon and Doyle because they're nice guys.
Its **** al to do with being nice. Its about being professional. I am willing to bet Griffiths wont be anywhere near the club after hos loan spell.

JimBHibees
29-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Kevin Mcbride would stroll into the team right now, Martin scott had a lot of bookings for someone who hardly featured in the side too (mins wise). Motherwell away 4-3 game he was booked with 2 minutes of coming on. Never really got a decent run in the team.

Really saw him v Livingston for Hamilton earlier in the season and he was woeful.

hopefulhibby
29-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Quite liked his fight on the pitch, but could also be a right fanny I've heard as well.

Mixed feelings about this one.

Dont worry we have Claros, ye i know bad joke

madabouthibs
29-03-2012, 10:06 PM

Yup, go us! :rolleyes:

hopefulhibby
30-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Still got more than 2 years left on his contract so that will mean a fairly big pay off at some point over the next few months as I don't see anyone paying any money for him.

He'll end up back at Ross County.

is this another sample of PF man management skills or has he jusy turned more players against himself, i always thought Martin Scott
put in a decent shift and looked as though he cared unlike some of the players who are playing now (eg: Claros) but PF has to stick with the
players he signed or he will look even more unprofessional than he already does, MS might just sit on his contract as two fingers up to PF

hopefulhibby
30-03-2012, 10:11 AM

He more than likely had a row with PF because he wanted to play, as for PF not taking any crap look at the Griffiths incident, we need strong players for this run in not wimps so i will reserve judgement on MS until the end of the season, has PF improved us with his take no crap attitude or do the players just not take him serious?

Thecat23
30-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Another player who said his goodbyes yesterday was Adam Mitter who we brought up the road from Blackpool. Not sure if it was posted on here? Was told at Xmas he wasn't fancied but wanted to see it out.

JimBHibees
30-03-2012, 10:45 AM

Hopeful Yam more like. Look were staying up and you are going bust in the summer. Now toddle off. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-03-2012, 10:53 AM

Whilst you are at it, you could get "Benny" Brazil to play the role of sweeper!

Keith_M
30-03-2012, 10:59 AM

Asked to leave to his boyhood heroes?

:dunno:

Albion Hibs
30-03-2012, 11:52 AM
The guy was described by a few on here at the "next Scott Brown"! He was not good enough to be at Hibs, and I blame Adams for that, not CC.

Part/Time Supporter
30-03-2012, 11:54 AM
The guy was described by a few on here at the "next Scott Brown"! He was not good enough to be at Hibs, and I blame Adams for that, not CC.

His rate of yellow cards per appearance is comparable to Scott Brown (Hibs version).

easty
30-03-2012, 11:56 AM

I dont remember anyone saying that. :rolleyes:

Part/Time Supporter
30-03-2012, 11:57 AM
This kind of signing makes you wonder what the heck is going on at Hibs. Spending the best part of £100K and a 3.5 year contract (presumably on a decent wage) on a dime-a-dozen player like him is unbelievable.

I mean, it would be one thing if they were just being cheap, and taking what was available on frees and cheap loans. But hardly any club in Scotland has spent a transfer fee of that size in the last 3-4 years, or given a contract of that length. So they are spending money, but don't appear to have a clue how to use it. Reading Moneyball would be a decent place to start...

JimBHibees
30-03-2012, 12:01 PM
This kind of signing makes you wonder what the heck is going on at Hibs. Spending the best part of £100K and a 3.5 year contract (presumably on a decent wage) on a dime-a-dozen player like him is unbelievable.

I mean, it would be one thing if they were just being cheap, and taking what was available on frees and cheap loans. But hardly any club in Scotland has spent a transfer fee of that size in the last 3-4 years, or given a contract of that length. So they are spending money, but don't appear to have a clue how to use it. Reading Moneyball would be a decent place to start...

Can only agree with that extraordinary signing particularly the length of contract.

Albion Hibs
30-03-2012, 12:06 PM
I dont remember anyone saying that. :rolleyes:

Must not have happened then....

Check in and around the match day thread for our 3 nil defeat to Utd away from home. Was in there with more than a few "agreed" or smiley face, thumbs up things! The only reason I remember it was I almost fell off my seat laughing when I read it!!

just_joe
30-03-2012, 12:11 PM

Well if that's the case then Griffiths should have been first out the door.

Andy74
30-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Well if that's the case then Griffiths should have been first out the door.

Why?

Speedway
30-03-2012, 01:32 PM

And all who went on to set the world alight at their next clubs. How many times did we beat teams 3-0 at home by the way?

Another player who said his goodbyes yesterday was Adam Mitter who we brought up the road from Blackpool. Not sure if it was posted on here? Was told at Xmas he wasn't fancied but wanted to see it out.

So are you saying that Mitter and his Twitter have been flushed down the Gary Glitter?

BEEJ
30-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Must not have happened then....

Check in and around the match day thread for our 3 nil defeat to Utd away from home. Was in there with more than a few "agreed" or smiley face, thumbs up things! The only reason I remember it was I almost fell off my seat laughing when I read it!!
Here it is. :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?203295-Martin-scott

No wonder you remembered that thread. You compared Scott to John Rankin! :wink:

Albion Hibs
30-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Here it is. :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?203295-Martin-scott

No wonder you remembered that thread. You compared Scott to John Rankin! :wink:

Classic reading and good archiving from you!! I will keep the I told yous so's! perhaps not after a "rise" after all!

ancient hibee
30-03-2012, 07:43 PM

What was going on here was the board backing the opinion of the football people-sorry I forgot the Board doesn't do that -they call the shots.

Part/Time Supporter
30-03-2012, 10:28 PM
What was going on here was the board backing the opinion of the football people-sorry I forgot the Board doesn't do that -they call the shots.

Which is exactly the kind of hocum that should be avoided, unless the "football people" have some sort of evidence (and not just subjective opinion) to back their decision. What exactly had Martin Scott done to justify Hibs spending a big chunk of their scarce resources, instead of signing a cheaper player on loan or a free, or giving a youth player (say Welsh) a chance?