PDA

View Full Version : FAO Singing Section

Franck Le God
28-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Not sure if this has been discussed before so apologies if it has.

I was just wondering what the view would be on splitting the singing section up into decent-sized groups and dispersing them around the stadium. I know personally that I feel more inclined to try and start songs if there's people near me who I know will join in. Surely having pockets of singers around the stadium is better than one group tucked away in a corner? This, IMO, is one of the benefits of away games; there's no single group of singers and the atmosphere is usually better as a result.

It's obvious that a supportive crowd spurs the players on, something that's badly needed right now.

EDIT: I'd actually been thinking more for next season at ER, hopefully everyone will be in good voice for the semi anyway!

At The Edge
28-03-2012, 04:41 PM
I would hope that everyone will be up for it come the semi, at the moment the singing section have not got their tickets as of yet, hoping to get a block together, however this is proving a slow process, so chances are we'll be scattered over the North sections D4-D5, a load of folk from the bounce are also in the East, so they'll help get things going as well.
:flag:

Planet Hibs
28-03-2012, 07:16 PM
..maybe this has been well covered before but why is there two separate groups, ie Sect and 12th Man? Anyway all for making more effort and noise at ER so well done to all who are trying to do this. I think it would be good to split up to different stands though if possible and try and grow and encourage those around!! Maybe a wee sing off is needed and we can vote who sits where! :greengrin

At The Edge
28-03-2012, 08:49 PM
..maybe this has been well covered before but why is there two separate groups, ie Sect and 12th Man? Anyway all for making more effort and noise at ER so well done to all who are trying to do this. I think it would be good to split up to different stands though if possible and try and grow and encourage those around!! Maybe a wee sing off is needed and we can vote who sits where! :greengrin

We are all the 12th Man, Sect 43 is a group within the 12th Man who organise displays, make banners, organising the semi final card/streamer display.
Come over as all are welcome.
:greengrin

RIP
28-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Not sure if this has been discussed before so apologies if it has.

I was just wondering what the view would be on splitting the singing section up into decent-sized groups and dispersing them around the stadium. I'd actually been thinking more for next season at ER, hopefully everyone will be in good voice for the semi anyway!

It's not a singing thing mate, it's a standing thing. Very few Hibbys sing sat down

Not only would Hibs not allow pockets on fans standing in different areas but supporters wouldn't want folk standing in front of them. We stand where the club put us but some of us would rather be standing at the back but more central in the stand

Maybe next season - worth discussing

Franck Le God
29-03-2012, 12:59 AM
It's not a singing thing mate, it's a standing thing. Very few Hibbys sing sat down

Not only would Hibs not allow pockets on fans standing in different areas but supporters wouldn't want folk standing in front of them. We stand where the club put us but some of us would rather be standing at the back but more central in the stand

Maybe next season - worth discussing

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. It's true though, I reckon being able to stand would lead to a much better atmosphere at all stadiums. Maybe one day...