PDA

View Full Version : Tims Fined By UEFA

Sylar
28-03-2012, 02:40 PM
I see that the Tims have been fined £21,000 by UEFA, in light of their behaviour against Udinese in December, whereby TGFITW unveiled banners reading "F*** UEFA" and also set of flares.

All in response to UEFA initially fining them for singing Pro-IRA songs.

Not been a great fortnight for Celtic Football Club :greengrin

Bad Martini
28-03-2012, 03:11 PM
21k isnt worth the admin fees for uefa or celtic.

Token fine.

All fines should be set at 100k at least with no maximum....these fines dont scratch the surface.

Manky getts. They. Are.

johnbc70
28-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Has the SPL fined Rangers yet for sectarian songs v Kilmarnock, or has that been conveniently forgotten about.

Onion
28-03-2012, 03:51 PM
I see that the Tims have been fined £21,000 by UEFA, in light of their behaviour against Udinese in December, whereby TGFITW unveiled banners reading "F*** UEFA" and also set of flares.

Not been a great fortnight for Celtic Football Club :greengrin

Not really a big issue as they can sing all the sectarian, inflammatory stuff they want back here in Scotland where everyone including the press, politicians, authorities and justice system turn a blind eye. Part of their "special relationship".

Onion
28-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Has the SPL fined Rangers yet for sectarian songs v Kilmarnock, or has that been conveniently forgotten about.

Don't they need an 11-1 vote to get that through :rolleyes:

Sylar
28-03-2012, 03:58 PM

I don't see how the failure of the SPL to punish Rangers (yet) is relevant to UEFA fining Celtic?

Completely different governing bodies and completely different situations to be honest - what can the SPL really do to Rangers anyway? Fine them when they have no money? There's no precedent for points deduction in relation to crowd behaviour, so that would be hard to justify.

I dare say it will be swept under the rug as it always is, with the above used as a justification in one manner or another.

Vini1875
28-03-2012, 04:47 PM
I thought it was interesting that Lawell and Lennon had made comments that these guys were not real celtc supporters. Obviously because they brought shame on the club or negative press, yet Lennon considers himself to be a true celtc manager and thinks his behaviour is OK.

FWIW these guys travelled to a game in Italy, which makes them supporters in my book, even if the protest cost their club money. Fans are getting short changed all the time and the football authorities who refuse to sort out their own coruption ought to be stood up to. FIFA clearly worse than UEFA.

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2012, 04:51 PM
It is an embarrassment for Scotland when the country's two major representatives in europe are constantly being hauled over the coals for the behaviour of their fans. The rest of the continent must think we're a backward country of savages.

That fine is small change to Celtic. What's it going to achieve? They and Rangers should be threatened with stand closures and be warned of possible bans from future competitions. Der Hun recently had their away support banned for a match.

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2012, 05:07 PM
I should have also added that I'm pleased UEFA are at least doing something by highlighting the problem, unlike the Scottish football authorities who have ignored the behaviour of Old Firm fans since year dot. If fans of smaller clubs behaved the same, there would be moral indignation form the SPL/SFA and pious admonition liberally forthcoming.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-03-2012, 05:08 PM
I know that there is a certain amount of credibility that you get for digging deep to follow your team abroad, but the Celtc away support are little better than effluent and these subhumans are just effluent with the bus fare.

nonshinyfinish
28-03-2012, 06:07 PM
While I'm perfectly happy for them to be fined for singing PIRA nonsense, I don't see why a club should be fined for a banner that says something rude about UEFA. What is the crime?

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2012, 06:10 PM
While I'm perfectly happy for them to be fined for singing PIRA nonsense, I don't see why a club should be fined for a banner that says something rude about UEFA. What is the crime?

Profanity? :dunno:

nonshinyfinish
28-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Profanity? :dunno:

Is that what they were fined for though? If it had said 'F*** people who spit needlessly in the street', would UEFA have fined them?

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Is that what they were fined for though? If it had said 'F*** people who spit needlessly in the street', would UEFA have fined them?

True, but it's the only reason I could think of. Surely even UEFA aren't pompous enough to punish a club because their fans say something nasty about them?

Gettin' Auld
28-03-2012, 06:23 PM
True, but it's the only reason I could think of. Surely even UEFA aren't pompous enough to punish a club because their fans say something nasty about them?
:agree:

Fined for an 'offensive banner'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/9171633/Celtic-fined-by-Uefa-over-offensive-banner-in-Europa-League-game-against-Udinese.html

nonshinyfinish
28-03-2012, 06:34 PM
:agree:

Fined for an 'offensive banner'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/9171633/Celtic-fined-by-Uefa-over-offensive-banner-in-Europa-League-game-against-Udinese.html

I know we're meant to be in favour of everything that harms the OF in any way, but I think this is wrong.

Kojock
28-03-2012, 06:46 PM

So Celtc play a maximum 6/7 games in Europe per season where they sing "songs about history" and are punished by UEFA.

So how come they play 40 odd games per season in Scotland where they sing the same songs and the SFA/SPL do nothing about it. Is it just that those damned UEFA chaps have better hearing. :confused:

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2012, 06:58 PM
I know we're meant to be in favour of everything that harms the OF in any way, but I think this is wrong.

I agree. To be fined for swearing on a banner is just wrong to me.

JIm
28-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Out of curiosity what were the Pro IRA songs that they sang to get the original fine?

Dont agree with fining them for the banner. Freedom of speech and all that.......

Sylar
28-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Out of curiosity what were the Pro IRA songs that they sang to get the original fine?

Dont agree with fining them for the banner. Freedom of speech and all that.......

None of the articles detail specifically which one they were fined for singing, but it'll be anyone from their extensive repetoir:

The Boys of the Old Brigade, Ooh Ah Up the Ra, Rifles of the IRA, Glasgow Celtic IRA (a new one to me, but I've heard them singing it a few times now), Go Home British Soldiers...

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Think it is because they broke commercial rules by advertising French Connection UK....

Joe Baker II
29-03-2012, 11:35 AM

I think this fine proves they are! Appalling though unsurprising pompousness from UEFA, at least SFA have never fined clubs for fans anti-SFA/SPL banners

Keith_M
29-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Fining them for singing about the IRA,.... good.

Fining them for an "offensive banner" when the only people that could be offended are UEFA?.... Total Joke.

Eyrie
29-03-2012, 06:59 PM
The banner was in response to the original fine, so I have no problem with UEFA's stance. At least they're willing to take action against the Ugly Sisters - has Vincent Lunny issued a Notice of Complaint to either of them following last Sunday's love-in at Ibrox?