PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Board composition

keithkeith
27-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Lots of Clubs have a different make-up for their Board. What do we (from list below) need for our size?

Chairman
CEO
Company Secretary
A Director of Football (Does it get in the way of the manager? If you speak to "football people", they say it usually does - usually compromises his position)
Operations Director / Managing Director
Football Administration (done by the Company Secretary)
Media / Communications Director
Sales & Marketing Director
Commercial Director
Legal / HR (Done by Non-Exec. Directors with that expertise?)
Community Director

Supporter Liaison / Fans' Representative on Board

Probably others I've forgotten...?

CropleyWasGod
27-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Lots of Clubs have a different make-up for their Board. What do we (from list below) need for our size?

Chairman
CEO
Company Secretary
A Director of Football (Does it get in the way of the manager? If you speak to "football people", they say it usually does - usually compromises his position)
Commercial Director
Community Director

Finance :greengrin

keithkeith
27-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Finance :greengrin

Ha ha! Yep. Was so busy thinking about other areas!!!

:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
27-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Fans groups! The most important element of every club should have a say in how a club is run.

Beefster
28-03-2012, 06:56 AM

Chairman
CEO
Company Secretary
Commercial Director
Community Director

IMHO, the Board should consist of:

Chairman
CEO
Company Secretary (a job whose responsibilities could be taken on by another Exec - Hibs could use it to put Lindsay on the Board)
A couple of non-exec, non-paid, independent directors.

It's an absolute nonsense for every single senior employee at the club to be on the Board. Doing that (as Hibs do) just means that the Management is not held to account regularly.

Kaiser1962
28-03-2012, 07:20 AM
IMHO, the Board should consist of:

Chairman
CEO
Company Secretary (a job whose responsibilities could be taken on by another Exec - Hibs could use it to put Lindsay on the Board)
A couple of non-exec, non-paid, independent directors.

It's an absolute nonsense for every single senior employee at the club to be on the Board. Doing that (as Hibs do) just means that the Management is not held to account regularly.

It appears to be the way Farmer does things, as opposed to a Hibs thing. For years he has promoted his key personnel to senior levels.

One of the "key" positions appears to be finance in that we have a Finance Director yet other clubs have a Finance Manager (Aberdeen for example)

Beefster
28-03-2012, 07:24 AM
It appears to be the way Farmer does things, as opposed to a Hibs thing. For years he has promoted his key personnel to senior levels.

One of the "key" positions appears to be finance in that we have a Finance Director yet other clubs have a Finance Manager (Aberdeen for example)

Good news for Judith in the TO. It can only be a matter of time before she becomes Ticketing Director!

Kaiser1962
28-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Good news for Judith in the TO. It can only be a matter of time before she becomes Ticketing Director!

If she manages to shift all the semi tickets she deserves to be :greengrin

RIP
28-03-2012, 08:51 AM
If anyone wants to know what roles there are at Hibs and most importantly who does what and why, it's probably best to ask Scott or Fife in Behind the Goals and report back.

Not every manager is a director but whether they are directors or managers they all live, sleep, dream Hibs and clock up a lot more hours than your average salaried employee.

I realise that it’s tempting to do what I've done a lot of in the past and type conjecture in the absence of fact. I’m all for holding people to account but let’s base this activity on fact not myths

marinello59
28-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Will anyone be running a fantasy Boardroom League?