PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Player of the Year

keithkeith
27-03-2012, 09:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myJL3Ff1D0U&feature=g-all-u&context=G2950ad5FAAAAAAAAAAA

Lewis awarded PoY from the supporters, at the dinner the other night.

A clip from his interview. Really annoying, fiddling about playing with his juice bottle. All you can hear is the juice swishing about as he speaks.

Anyway - enough of my petty bugbears - was it the correct decision?

As he says "Must have been a hard decision to pick any of us!"

hibsbollah
27-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Sheesh. HI need to up their game.

Steven_Hibs
27-03-2012, 09:45 PM
I would maybe have said Garry O'connor? Without his contribution we might have been dead and buried by now.

Barney McGrew
27-03-2012, 09:48 PM
I would maybe have said Garry O'connor?

It was player of the year though, not player of August and September :greengrin

Jonnyboy
27-03-2012, 09:51 PM

:tee hee:

frazeHFC
27-03-2012, 09:54 PM

:tee hee:

I completely agree with Stevenson. :thumbsup:

RIP
27-03-2012, 09:58 PM
At the fans forums the following points were raised

Sound is poor
Players should be interviewed standing up - better eye contact with the camera
Interviewees should act as professionally as possible
Interviews should take place on the training pitch, at Easter Road - vary the surroundings

So they run forums and then totally disregard every bit of our feedback. Nice one lads

As for Lewis - he needs to go on a leadership course. Guid to see he's been in the gym though - he's turning into a player with a bit of a dig. If only Claros, Ozzy and Soares could get stck in as much

hibsbollah
27-03-2012, 10:03 PM

Sound is poor
Interviews should take place on the training pitch, at Easter Road - vary the surroundings

So they run forums and then totally disregard every bit of our feedback. Nice one lads

As for Lewis - he needs to go on a leadership course. Guid to see he's been in the gym though - he's turning into a player with a bit of a dig. If only Claros, Ozzy and Soares could get stck in as much

It is actually embarassing how amateurish that footage looks.

GreenCastle
27-03-2012, 10:05 PM

Sound is poor

While some may think your moaning - I agree fully that it's basics.

Before I got shot down I know there are more important matters at the club right now than an interview but the small details do count at a PROFESSIONAL club...so here goes...

Why let him do an interview with a waterbottle ?

Standing up makes sense and to make it more interesting for viewers why not different places around the club - do we have to see the same background advertising board every time :rolleyes:

As for Lewis getting it - can't complain but I know others have varied views as been discussed many times on here. Easy to pick on him but at least he's trying and has been more consistent than others - pick on the poor inconsistent players.

As a captain though - we really need players who can speak in front of the press and be the face of the club at times when we need it - been a problem for a few years and I hope Fenlon is working on bringing some in during the summer.

keithkeith
27-03-2012, 10:13 PM

Before I got shot down I know there are more important matters at the club right now than an interview but the small details do count at a PROFESSIONAL club...so here goes...

I'm glad to hear that it's not just me moaning at this. He looked disinterested and unprofessional. That has to change, really. It's an image and respect for all concerned with the Club that should come across.

Perspective
27-03-2012, 10:15 PM
I'm glad to hear that it's not just me moaning at this. He looked disinterested and unprofessional. That has to change, really. It's an image and respect for all concerned with the Club that should come across.

Doesn't he just look a bit shy and embarrassed to have won the award? He makes the point himself that no-one really deserved it.

Difficult one for him to handle but agree the presentation isn't ideal.

Barney McGrew
27-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Really? It's got to the point where we're moaning about a player getting interviewed holding a water bottle in his hand?

Jeezo.

keithkeith
27-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Really? It's got to the point where we're moaning about a player getting interviewed holding a water bottle in his hand?

Jeezo.

Maybe it's just symptomatic of where we are in the League, but yes - it's got to that stage. It's annoyed me for ages, even when we were winning. It annoys me when Premiership players do it.

I know there's other problems much bigger, just having a moan...

GreenCastle
27-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Doesn't he just look a bit shy and embarrassed to have won the award? He makes the point himself that no-one really deserved it.

I think that does play a part also (however he has worked hard every game - even though we have been crap) but again we are a professional club and videos like this could be made better by a group of school kids making them more interesting and professional.

GreenCastle
27-03-2012, 10:26 PM

Jeezo.

I agree on the scale of things but think just the general quality of interviews have been pretty poor and it's easy to pick this one apart :greengrin

Twiglet
27-03-2012, 10:38 PM

My thoughts too. He always seems really embarrassed and uncomfortable when he does well and is applauded for it. I get the impression that he'd be quite happy to turn up each week play then leave without anyone making a fuss about what he did (ie never getting MOTM, even if he was the best player on the pitch).

Hibby D
27-03-2012, 10:44 PM

Jeezo.

:agree: Really

Stantons Angel
27-03-2012, 10:54 PM

here we go again.... another Lewis thread.

You were spot on saying that he was embarrassed getting the award. The poor lad although grateful for the honour knows in his heart that no one was worth the POY award for this season. Out of a bad bunch he deserved the credits and i for one was pleased for him.

I cant believe that there are people on here complaining about him standing with a bottle after coming out of training. Are we all done with slagging the players for being crap that we have to look for silly stupid things to moan about in an interview?

Yest the Hibs media is so very unprofessional and not up to professional standards, but hey at least its functioning!

As for Lewis he is a professional footballer not a after dinner speaker! If you had been present at the dinner you would have been complaining then too. You could hardly hear him speak. He is a quiet lad and its not in his manner to shout or show off like some others in our team.

For gawds sake if you want to complain about the awards what about Griffiths getting young player of the year and he has hardly kicked a ball for us!!!!
Complain to the media manager about the quality of the media contact with the fans and leave Lewis to play his game!!!

The_Horde
27-03-2012, 10:58 PM
My thoughts too. He always seems really embarrassed and uncomfortable when he does well and is applauded for it. I get the impression that he'd be quite happy to turn up each week play then leave without anyone making a fuss about what he did (ie never getting MOTM, even if he was the best player on the pitch).

I'm sure in his next interview he'll apologise for his absolutely ridiculous modesty and promise to act differently in the future..

TornadoHibby
27-03-2012, 11:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myJL3Ff1D0U&feature=g-all-u&context=G2950ad5FAAAAAAAAAAAJ

Lewis awarded PoY from the supporters, at the dinner the other night.

A clip from his interview. Really annoying, fiddling about playing with his juice bottle. All you can hear is the juice swishing about as he speaks.

Anyway - enough of my petty bugbears - was it the correct decision?

As he says "Must have been a hard decision to pick any of us!"

:top marks

Correct decision IMO!

Twiglet
27-03-2012, 11:06 PM
;3161774']I'm sure in his next interview he'll apologise for his absolutely ridiculous modesty and promise to act differently in the future..

Hey, it's nice to see someone so humble. You don't see it often enough these days!
Saying that he probably will apologise.:wink:

keithkeith
28-03-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm not getting at Lewis. I like him. Probably getting at the interview setup and the media team. I think it's the correct decision anyway.

Griffiths, on the other hand, as has been said earlier, was not the correct decision...

edinburghhibee
28-03-2012, 12:46 AM
I agree with the decision to give Lewis the POTY award, I think he deserves it because he has been consistant throughout the season constantly knocking his pan in for Hibs and the boys around him... just a shame they don't return the favour. Hopefully Pat can get some new boys in over the summer and Lewis can get a bit of help in there.

As for the interviewing, shocking I realise that Hibs would rather spend their money elsewhere but jesus the video looks poor. Like some have said small details will improve the look of the club, have him put down the water bottle, get him in Hibs gear and get him standing up in front of the camera. I am sure that folk will come on saying the usual dross about how we have bigger problems than a daft wee interview, but to me we have lost our profesionalism and the pride in representing the club and this interview sums that up.

Not wanting to end this post on a moan... well done Lewis you deserve the award, keep fighting away and things will come good.

:flag:

The Harp
28-03-2012, 02:39 AM
If we had more players with the work rate and consistency (since Pat came in at least) of Lewis we'd be in a better state than we are right now.
Congratulations Lewis - a well deserved honour IMO.:aok:

Tha Cabbage Kid
28-03-2012, 06:09 AM

Standing up makes sense and to make it more interesting for viewers why not different places around the club - do we have to see the same background advertising board every time :rolleyes:

As for Lewis getting it - can't complain but I know others have varied views as been discussed many times on here. Easy to pick on him but at least he's trying and has been more consistent than others - pick on the poor inconsistent players.

As a captain though - we really need players who can speak in front of the press and be the face of the club at times when we need it - been a problem for a few years and I hope Fenlon is working on bringing some in during the summer.

the people incharge of HI dont have anything to do with whats going on, on the training pitch. they should be totally focused on doing their job to the best of there ability. who knows maybe its a part timer working for HI and thats why it looks neglected.

KingFranck
28-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Well done Lewis you deserve the award but just watched the whole interview on HI he should have just said "thanks for the award, I can't be bothered with an interview can you get someone else in the studio I'm off" Bad attitude Lewis and if that's how all the players are talking/behaving then no wonder we are in the position we're in.
Stop feeling sorry for yourselves and get some points on the board Hibs

flash
28-03-2012, 06:28 AM
here we go again.... another Lewis thread.

You were spot on saying that he was embarrassed getting the award. The poor lad although grateful for the honour knows in his heart that no one was worth the POY award for this season. Out of a bad bunch he deserved the credits and i for one was pleased for him.

I cant believe that there are people on here complaining about him standing with a bottle after coming out of training. Are we all done with slagging the players for being crap that we have to look for silly stupid things to moan about in an interview?

Yest the Hibs media is so very unprofessional and not up to professional standards, but hey at least its functioning!

As for Lewis he is a professional footballer not a after dinner speaker! If you had been present at the dinner you would have been complaining then too. You could hardly hear him speak. He is a quiet lad and its not in his manner to shout or show off like some others in our team.

For gawds sake if you want to complain about the awards what about Griffiths getting young player of the year and he has hardly kicked a ball for us!!!!
Complain to the media manager about the quality of the media contact with the fans and leave Lewis to play his game!!!

Any decent points you make are immediately rendered irrelevant by you defending one player by having a pop at another.

Malonga's Cat
28-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Well done Lewis! Deserved it more than anyone else IMO.

PeeJay
28-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Think Stevenson deserves the award - he has actually improved his game and shown true dedication to the cause if you ask me - he appeared more embarassed than 'disinterested' at being presented with the award which reflects well on him, I think -

CMac1988
28-03-2012, 08:45 AM
What he lacks in skill he makes up for in sheer determination. Most definately the most deserving of the award. The only other player that comes close would be mcpake but he's only been here a few months. Also Gary has been far too useless after a good spell.

The players really need 2 up their game if were going to stay up.

Anyhoo congratulations Stevenson.

p.s. http://www.bluemic.com/yetipro/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Yeti-Pro-USB-Microphone/dp/B004L9KLT6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332924094&sr=8-1

Get one HI! Sound quality is horrendous...

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Lewis has deserved this award, he's the only one who's consistently played to a certain standard all season. Yes Garry did well at the start, and McPake has come in and done well, but Lewis has played decent most of the season.

As for the interview, yes its a little amateurish, but nowt to do with Lewis. He's a shy lad who will have nothing to do with the set up of the interview, and will be doing as he's told by the interviewer.

HibbyAndy
28-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Lewis Stevenson has been hibs best player this season so well deserved from me. Well done Lewis :aok:

Andy74
28-03-2012, 01:27 PM
I would maybe have said Garry O'connor? Without his contribution we might have been dead and buried by now.

With more than a few games contribution from him we might have been nowhere near here. For someone of his 'quality' he should have done a lot more.

Anyway, player of the year in March? What's the rush?

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2012, 02:56 PM
With more than a few games contribution from him we might have been nowhere near here. For someone of his 'quality' he should have done a lot more.

:agree:
Never understood that?

invisible man
28-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Never understood that?

It's all to do with the fixture list. We've got to let speakers, caterers etc know the date well in advance and if we left it until after the split we wouldn't be able to do that.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2012, 04:24 PM
It's all to do with the fixture list. We've got to let speakers, caterers etc know the date well in advance and if we left it until after the split we wouldn't be able to do that.

Are caterers and speakers only available one day a year? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
28-03-2012, 04:33 PM

Couldn't you have let them know the date you needed food and jokes was May 13th? If you had told them that in July that would give them plenty time to get ready.

invisible man
28-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Are caterers and speakers only available one day a year? :confused:

No, but if we left it until after the split we'd only have a maximum of about 6 weeks notice to book them depending on how the fixtures came out.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2012, 04:48 PM
No, but if we left it until after the split we'd only have a maximum of about 6 weeks notice to book them depending on how the fixtures came out.

So book the date for may, or is that just daft?:confused:

invisible man
28-03-2012, 04:59 PM
So book the date for may, or is that just daft?:confused:

The problem with that would be if Hibs get knocked out the cup early the players start booking holidays around that time the loan players leave and the players from other countries go home.

Twiglet
28-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Lewis has deserved this award, he's the only one who's consistently played to a certain standard all season. Yes Garry did well at the start, and McPake has come in and done well, but Lewis has played decent most of the season.

As for the interview, yes its a little amateurish, but nowt to do with Lewis. He's a shy lad who will have nothing to do with the set up of the interview, and will be doing as he's told by the interviewer.

:agree: Totally agree with you.
It's been nice to see Lewis flourish under Fenlon. He's the one player who's been in my starting line-up for months.
You're right about GOC and McPake, but as you say Stevenson has shown whenever he's played that he's consistent, hard-working and playing for the shirt.

sesoim
28-03-2012, 05:07 PM

I agree. Surely whoever scores the winner in the Cup Final should get it.:wink:

sesoim
28-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Lewis Stevenson has been hibs best player this season so well deserved from me. Well done Lewis :aok:

He is First Division level. So he should do ok next season.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2012, 05:37 PM
The problem with that would be if Hibs get knocked out the cup early the players start booking holidays around that time the loan players leave and the players from other countries go home.

Well you just have it on the last week before the season ends, ffs its not rocket science.:confused:

invisible man
29-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Well you just have it on the last week before the season ends, ffs its not rocket science.:confused:

We don't know what the fixtures will be !!!!!

blackpoolhibs
29-03-2012, 08:47 AM
We don't know what the fixtures will be !!!!!

:faf: You do know the dates though, they are roughly the same EVERY year. I dont understand just how we manage to have christmas day every year on the 25th of December, especially with all these party's and work do's, how does the one team of catering and the one speaker manage to do them all? It must be a nightmare for santa too?

invisible man
29-03-2012, 09:25 AM
:faf: You do know the dates though, they are roughly the same EVERY year. I dont understand just how we manage to have christmas day every year on the 25th of December, especially with all these party's and work do's, how does the one team of catering and the one speaker manage to do them all? It must be a nightmare for santa too?

Dear oh dear. We can't have it when there's a home match as it takes most of the day to set the hall up, and let's just say we have to play Inverness away on a Sunday with a 3.00pm kick off, the players wouldn't get back in time, but hey, thats never going to happen is it?:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
29-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Dear oh dear. We can't have it when there's a home match as it takes most of the day to set the hall up, and let's just say we have to play Inverness away on a Sunday with a 3.00pm kick off, the players wouldn't get back in time, but hey, thats never going to happen is it?:rolleyes:

Excuses excuses, the player of the year award should be given when the seasons finished, or the last weekend on the day we are not playing, its simple, but no lets have it when there's 7 or 8 games left.

Garry O'Conner could have a great end of the season, score every week and get the winner in the final. Couple that with the start he had, and i'm pretty sure he'd be voted player of the year by a mile.

invisible man
29-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Excuses excuses, the player of the year award should be given when the seasons finished, or the last weekend on the day we are not playing, its simple, but no lets have it when there's 7 or 8 games left.

Garry O'Conner could have a great end of the season, score every week and get the winner in the final. Couple that with the start he had, and i'm pretty sure he'd be voted player of the year by a mile.

I don't disagree that it would be better a bit later but it's anything but simple trying to fit it in.

blackpoolhibs
29-03-2012, 09:50 AM
I don't disagree that it would be better a bit later but it's anything but simple trying to fit it in.

So basically we take the easy choice, when with just a little bit more work, and as the players are under contract until the end of the season, we can tell them they must be there on the last sunday/saturday of the season its player of the year awards. Its so bloody simple even i could organise it. Of course if you look for problems you will find them, i prefer to work round them.

Jones28
29-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Deserved :agree:

Well done Lewis, out of all the ***** we've had to sit through it's good to see him (along with Leigh Griffiths) actually trying, unlike most of the others.

But Griffiths winning POTY? Shows how much we have slipped that a player with a horrific disciplinary record still wins it....

invisible man
29-03-2012, 10:03 AM
So basically we take the easy choice, when with just a little bit more work, and as the players are under contract until the end of the season, we can tell them they must be there on the last sunday/saturday of the season its player of the year awards. Its so bloody simple even i could organise it. Of course if you look for problems you will find them, i prefer to work round them.

We can tell the players? Who do you think they're under contract to? The supporters' association? We can ask the players but I can assure you that if they were playing an important game on a Sunday they wouldn't be allowed to attend on a Saturday night. They might even be playing Inverness away and have an overnight stay up there.

blackpoolhibs
29-03-2012, 10:16 AM
We can tell the players? Who do you think they're under contract to? The supporters' association? We can ask the players but I can assure you that if they were playing an important game on a Sunday they wouldn't be allowed to attend on a Saturday night. They might even be playing Inverness away and have an overnight stay up there.

Lets just have the POTY award 8 games from the end, i mean its not as if anything could change?

I'm pretty sure Fergie still manages to tell his players were they will be and at what time, are you saying our management dont have that authority, or do the players tell them when they will turn up?

And all this we dont have time, is as i said before an excuse. I could get a caterer at a weeks notice, how many speakers are out there looking for bookings, are they all booked?

fyfey
30-03-2012, 11:59 AM
I think the fact that we had a player of the year at this stage of the season is shocking! I think winning a couple of games is the top priority at the moment not deciding who has been the best of a bad bunch! This should have taken place at the end of the season! I would also have to disagree about LS winning it, yeah he gives 100% every game but I could do that for the money they earn.

Speedway
30-03-2012, 01:19 PM

The world's gone mad and I've lost touch. I shouldn't admit it, but I have. Slipped away while i was distracted. I havent changed, I swear I haven't changed. How did this happen?

invisible man
30-03-2012, 03:31 PM

The world's gone mad and I've lost touch. I shouldn't admit it, but I have. Slipped away while i was distracted. I havent changed, I swear I haven't changed. How did this happen?

:greengrin Love it!

seven nowt
30-03-2012, 03:59 PM
People seem to forget how terrible he was at the start of the season and was probably the worst crap player we had!! Stevenson has been poor. His efforts have been good in the past few months but at a club like this, we need the quality.

I like people that try their best for the club but I'd appreciate it alot more if there were good players around him.

Still, think the signings have been an improvement and hopefully we can hold on to some of them but would still like to see better signings in the Summer transfer window!!

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-03-2012, 04:01 PM
must be the wealth of goals he has scored/created from midfield!!!

Hamish
30-03-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm a bit surprised I must admit. Didn't realise we had a supporters branch in Stornoway.

HibbyAndy
30-03-2012, 04:08 PM
must be the wealth of goals he has scored/created from midfield!!!

Your right, Osbourne, Sproule, Wotherspoon, Galbraith, etc have all chipped in with goals and assists to eh?.. Nah lets single out LS cause he doesnt score, Look around the team/midfield there arent exactly many contributing.

Fenlon has stated wee need players that are up for the fight in the serious threat of relagation in the coming weeks, Well i tell you what, LS would be the 1st name on the team sheet in that department, Heart of a lion.

Jonnyboy
30-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Your right, Osbourne, Sproule, Wotherspoon, Galbraith, etc have all chipped in with goals and assists to eh?.. Nah lets single out LS cause he doesnt score, Look around the team/midfield there arent exactly many contributing.

Fenlon has stated wee need players that are up for the fight in the serious threat of relagation in the coming weeks, Well i tell you what, LS would be the 1st name on the team sheet in that department, Heart of a lion.

Spot on Andy but you're wasting your time mate as the Lewis haters have decided he's pish - end of

NAE NOOKIE
31-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Totally agree with Lewis as POTY

What this club has needed for the last 9 months are players prepared to fight for every ball and give everything they have during the game.

Aye Lewis aint Messi .... But seeing as how we dont have anybody who can get the fans off their seats it has to be a fighter.

Ladies & gentlemen I give you:

LEWIS STEVENSON

:not worth

SouthamptonHibs
31-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Ha ha the lad is brutal one good game in league cup final 2007. It show how the mighty have fallen. we r 2 nd bottom for a reason stevenson wotherspoon and hanlon should be no where near the first team. ps why r we having a player of the year? It should be cancelled due to the **** we have put up with for 24 months hail hail

stokesmessiah
31-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Ha ha the lad is brutal one good game in league cup final 2007. It show how the mighty have fallen. we r 2 nd bottom for a reason stevenson wotherspoon and hanlon should be no where near the first team. ps why r we having a player of the year? It should be cancelled due to the **** we have put up with for 24 months hail hail

:confused:

NAE NOOKIE
31-03-2012, 10:33 AM

I agree with you ( apart from the brutal and one good game bits ) but if you think about it the situation is like at Barcelona, only different.

Barca are packed with talent, but Messi will get their POTY coz he is the best of that talent.

Hibs are packed with dross, but Lewis is the hardest tryer within that dross and is an example to them coz his effort rises him above them, even though a lot of them are allegedly more talented.

I often say at work that I am better than the folk I work beside who have a great work ethic. Because I am by nature a lazy git and so have to rise above myself to keep up, so IMO that makes my effort better than theirs. :greengrin

seven nowt
31-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Spot on Andy but you're wasting your time mate as the Lewis haters have decided he's pish - end of

I don't hate anyone in the Hibs team. and I don't hate Stevenson. I just think the standard of play that he's played at this season should be getting nowhere near a player of the year award at hibs. and that typifies how poor this hibs team have been this season. he's definitely improved over the past 3 months but even then it only just about atones for his poor first half to the season. thats not to say that the rest of the team hasn't been the same mind.

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2012, 10:52 AM
I don't hate anyone in the Hibs team. and I don't hate Stevenson. I just think the standard of play that he's played at this season should be getting nowhere near a player of the year award at hibs. and that typifies how poor this hibs team have been this season. he's definitely improved over the past 3 months but even then it only just about atones for his poor first half to the season. thats not to say that the rest of the team hasn't been the same mind.

Just out of interest, who would be your POTY?

Spike Mandela
31-03-2012, 11:05 AM
It is entirely possible in such a dire season for there simply just to be no real standout for a POTY.

GOC's goals were clearly vital early in the season for picking up points, james McPake's command of the defence clearly helped in securing some crucial Blank sheets and Lewis' midfield endeavour stood out in a poor midfield despite defeat after defeat.

For me I don't have a player of the year but if someone was to standout in two victories to win the Scottish Cup against all odds then I would vote for them.:hibees

SouthamptonHibs
31-03-2012, 11:06 AM
:confused:

Have u seen the current team? have u been at er recently? Hail hail

SouthamptonHibs
31-03-2012, 11:09 AM
I agree with you ( apart from the brutal and one good game bits ) but if you think about it the situation is like at Barcelona, only different.

Barca are packed with talent, but Messi will get their POTY coz he is the best of that talent.

Hibs are packed with dross, but Lewis is the hardest tryer within that dross and is an example to them coz his effort rises him above them, even though a lot of them are allegedly more talented.

I often say at work that I am better than the folk I work beside who have a great work ethic. Because I am by nature a lazy git and so have to rise above myself to keep up, so IMO that makes my effort better than theirs. :greengrin

i agree mate might off went a but far calling him brutal but wi the season we have had think the poty award should be srubbed. 2 nd bottom not good enough hail hail

seven nowt
31-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Your right, Osbourne, Sproule, Wotherspoon, Galbraith, etc have all chipped in with goals and assists to eh?...

Here's our past/present midfield this season:

Ivan Sproule: 3 goals, 1 assist, games played: 23
Isaiah Osbourne 1 goal, 1 assist, games played: 24
Tom Soares: 2 goals, 0 assists, games played: 4
David Wotherspoon: 1 goal, 2 assists, games played: 20
Martin Scott: 0 goals, 1 assist, games played: 8
Matt Thornhill 0 goals, 1 assist, games played: 5
Victor Palsson: 0 goals, 0 assists, games played: 12
Lewis Stevenson : 0 goals, 0 assists, games played: 23
Jorge Claros: 0 goals, 0 assists, games played: 7

He's contributed the least when you look at the goals/assist league record when you look at the amount of games he has played. He's definitely not our worst midfielder though. But he should have done more.

Just out of interest, who would be your POTY?

I'd pick Leigh Griffiths. not been great either but he tries just as hard as Stevenson and contributes more when needed. But even his efforts shouldn't be enough to merit a player of the year award

Judas Iscariot
31-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Here's our past/present midfield this season:

Ivan Sproule: 3 goals, 1 assist, games played: 23
Isaiah Osbourne 1 goal, 1 assist, games played: 24
Tom Soares: 2 goals, 0 assists, games played: 4
David Wotherspoon: 1 goal, 2 assists, games played: 20
Martin Scott: 0 goals, 1 assist, games played: 8
Matt Thornhill 0 goals, 1 assist, games played: 5
Victor Palsson: 0 goals, 0 assists, games played: 12
Lewis Stevenson : 0 goals, 0 assists, games played: 23
Jorge Claros: 0 goals, 0 assists, games played: 7

He's contributed the least when you look at the goals/assist league record when you look at the amount of games he has played. He's definitely not our worst midfielder though. But he should have done more.

Good stats

Offers heehaw apart from "Trying" & "Looks like he cares"

SouthamptonHibs
31-03-2012, 11:24 AM

i agree mate might off went a but far calling him brutal but wi tge season we have had think the poty aeard sjould be srubbed. 2 nd bottom not good enough hail hail

Dunbar Hibee
31-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Good stats

Offers heehaw apart from "Trying" & "Looks like he cares"

Lewis is not an attacking midfielder, so 0 goals or assists doesn't really mean anything now does it. Get off the guy's back ffs. Been our most consistent player all season and has still gave 100% after all the ***** him and the rest of the team have been given by some of our 'supporters'. Keep up the good work Lewis. :aok:

seven nowt
31-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Lewis is not an attacking midfielder, so 0 goals or assists doesn't really mean anything now does it. Get off the guy's back ffs. Been our most consistent player all season and has still gave 100% after all the ***** him and the rest of the team have been given by some of our 'supporters'. Keep up the good work Lewis. :aok:

But he's been unable to play 1 through ball that leads to a goal. patrick vieira has done that with his eyes shut many times before. The footballs been poor this seaon but i still think theres better times ahead though, and if we can stay in the league i'll not be too disappointed.