PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hampden Green Day Display - Donations of money or time still welcome

Hibs12thMan
27-03-2012, 10:56 AM
A massive Hibby thank you to everyone who has given up a few pints, meal or night out to help pay for the Hibernian FC supporter display on Saturday 14th April. The club shop has been kept busy with sales of strips, foam hands, flags etc. We have raised enough money £489 for the 10,000 people A3 card display and are starting to make inroads into the cost of the SIX HUNDRED streamers

Please keep these Paypal donations coming to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk (hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk)

Plans - please click on Hampden Stadium Layout
The North Stand Lower (capacity 4,500) faces the TV cameras so we need to have all our flags in there. Big surfers and large flags all need a fire cert (please pm us if you need further advice on this). The Sect43 guys will have dozens of wavy flags, 2-sticks and banners as well but we all need to buy, make or bring any of our own to make that North Stand (Sections D1 to D5) a SEA OF GREEN. Blocks of green and white Streamers will be passed to the top rows of the North and these should be thrown when the card display goes up - i.e. when the teams come out of the tunnel until they are lined up on the pitch.

The East Stand is being sold from F1 (beside D5) round behind the goals. We are aiming to produce the card display in Sections F1 to F6 or F7 - a total of 10,000 seats. One section Green, the next one white and so on. That will make either three green and three white sections or four green and three white. We need EVERY SINGLE SUPPORTER in East sections F to hold up the card from when the teams come out of the tunnel until they are lined up on the pitch. If you have a flag in that area, you should show it before or after the card display

Crew required for one or more of these tasks:

To place cards and streamer packs on seats before the game. The night before looks favourite although we might need a wet weather alternative. Glasgow Hibbies welcome as are crews from other areas. Edinburgh car volunteers especially welcome - we should all share the fuel cost
Flag and banner makers, Sunday 1st and 7th of April. No experience required. Anyone know a hall or other space in Edinburgh we can rent?
Pre-match. To hand out streamers. All 3 Stands
Post-match. To retrieve cards. Sections F in East

What do you think - Can you contribute a bit of time?

We want to make this a GREEN DAY out to remember. Aberdeen will have their end looking good but our end should look better. If we all join forces we can make Saturday 14th April a fantastic day out for every Hibby.

Glory Glory :flag:

linlithgowhibbie
27-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Massive well done to all the guys/n/gals involved:flag::pfgwa:flag:

hibernianyank
27-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Great Job Guys!

frazeHFC
28-03-2012, 03:44 PM
I saw a few post earlier on in the month they would be willing to come on the Friday night to set up, anyone still interested? Help would be much appreciated.

Also if anyone wants to give donations by hand at Inverness, PM me and i will arrange a meet.

SteveHFC
28-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Also if anyone wants to give donations by hand at Inverness, PM me and i will arrange a meet.

Don't give your money to him. He will keep it :duck::greengrin

Only Joking Fraz :na na:

nonshinyfinish
28-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Donation sent. Well done for organising this.

Pretty Boy
28-03-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm through in Glasgow the night before although it may be a challenge telling the old ball and chain we're going to Hampden the night before as well as for the game!!

I'll definitely put in a donation and if I'm 'allowed' I'll volunteer my services the night before as well.

HH81
28-03-2012, 06:35 PM
I saw a few post earlier on in the month they would be willing to come on the Friday night to set up, anyone still interested? Help would be much appreciated.

I'll be in Glasgow early Saturday morning if any help is needed.

down-the-slope
28-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Like Pretty Boy - I am awaiting a response from the 'management' - offered to drop them for day in Glasgow while I am at match. If they do not take this up I could be persuaded to take my crew van (6 seater - non smoking / farting - with plenty room in back) early Saturday with flags / volunteers etc

Chuck Rhoades
29-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the donations. We are now around £280 off our target so thank you all for your generosity.

For those wishing to help out laying the display, can you PM me your name and mobile number please? Once the final plans are set (times etc) I will drop you all a text/call.

Cheers

RIP
29-03-2012, 10:32 PM
http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120328/calling-all-supporters-_2212158_2698466

Details released by Aberdeen Football Club about their display

We need to make sure every one of us that can spare some time, step forward now to make the Semi Final a day to remember for Hibernian Football Club and it's supporters :flag:

frazeHFC
29-03-2012, 10:38 PM
And i can guarentee that every one of us Hibees on here wants us to better the sheep, so it's a chance for everyone to get involved and make sure the Hibs end is looking and sounding absolutely fantastic. :thumbsup:

:flag: