PDA

View Full Version : Neil lennon charged by sfa

mim
26-03-2012, 04:30 PM
It's a conspiracy, I tell Ya. :greengrin:flag:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/03/26/manual_155159.html&BID=165

Johnforr
26-03-2012, 04:37 PM

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/03/26/manual_155159.html&BID=165
He knows the rules like everyone else yet chooses to think he can say what he likes ........ even,IMO ,when he is wrong !!

Throw the book at him and try not to miss !! Lol

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Whats happened to them offering a suspension, or does that only apply to us smaller clubs?:confused:

The_Exile
26-03-2012, 04:41 PM
1 or 2 game ban which will be suspended on appeal, same old same old.

iain nolan
26-03-2012, 04:55 PM
if he was a youth coach in a boys league he be banned by now

MSK
26-03-2012, 05:07 PM

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/03/26/manual_155159.html&BID=165Also in bother wi the beaks over comments about the ref in the cup final ..

Purple & Green
26-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Sounds like it is getting to him - he looks pretty silly moaning about not going to the stand when nobody was actually stopping him - more likely celtic security staff were concerned he wouldn't be able to behave himself.

Franck Stanton
26-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Whilst I cant stand Lennon as a person, have to admit on this occassion he does have a point. The Ref had a stinker of a game. Sad times when a Clubs manager isn't even allowed to speak to an official.

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Whilst I cant stand Lennon as a person, have to admit on this occassion he does have a point. The Ref had a stinker of a game. Sad times when a Clubs manager isn't even allowed to speak to an official.

Dont agree, the ref got all the decisions right by the letter of the law, we'd all be picking holes in these decisions had he not sent all 3 players off.

I have no idea whats been said to the ref, but going by what i know of lennon, i'd be very surprised if the ref sent him off for nothing, why would the ref do that?

greenlex
26-03-2012, 05:53 PM

The rules used to be you cannot approach the ref during the 90mins and also a 20 min cooling off period after the game. If this s still the case does Lennon think he is above the rules?

essexhibee
26-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Ginger bassa. Horrible little scrotum. :aok: What a little baby getting himself sent to the stand. Erse.

Eyrie
26-03-2012, 06:18 PM
The Ginger Whinger deserves everything the authorities throw at him until he learns to conduct himself in an adult manner.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-03-2012, 06:31 PM

if it was only that, then there would not be a problem, but referees have bad days just like players but it is the twisted deluded line of thought that it is a deliberate campaign against Celtc that really turns my stomach. This is just the start of orchestrated media blitz as the stinking institution tries to propagate the myth of being hard done by and being the valiant underdog, while their car park and board room is filled with powerfull well heeled businessmen, and their club is very much the establishment.

Hibs Class
26-03-2012, 07:09 PM
In their protracted battles with the authorities last season Paul McBride was obviously a key player, encouraging them to build a defence based on a legal view rather than the spirit of the rule book. With him no longer around it will be interesting to see if they resort again to a legal battle with a new solicitor or if they take a different approach.

Big Frank
26-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Dont agree, the ref got all the decisions right by the letter of the law, we'd all be picking holes in these decisions had he not sent all 3 players off.

I have no idea whats been said to the ref, but going by what i know of lennon, i'd be very surprised if the ref sent him off for nothing, why would the ref do that?

Disagree. Ridic sending off for the soapys Korean! The yam went down as if shot. Nonsense. 2nd red highly debatable, lets face it the soapys feet never left the ground yet whittakers "challenge" was just below the knee.

2nd goal offside? hmmm.

The huns got everything in that game (don't they always).

I dislike celtc more than any other team, but the ginger bawbag is spot on in this instance. His team were stitched up on sunday :agree:

No danger they would be allowed to beat them and win the league. He makes a spot on comment that he was advised by Ibrox security that he shouldn't watch the game from the directors box in the ground because they couldn't guarantee his safety, which says a lot for our country.

I realise this won't sit very nice with the rankershibs.net love in (not you btw), but there you are...

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Disagree. Ridic sending off for the soapys Korean! The yam went down as if shot. Nonsense. 2nd red highly debatable, lets face it the soapys feet never left the ground yet whittakers "challenge" was just below the knee.

2nd goal offside? hmmm.

I dislike celtc more than any other team, but the ginger bawbag is spot on in this instance. His team were stitched up on sunday :agree:

No danger they would be allowed to beat them and win the league. He makes a spot on comment that he was advised by Ibrox security that he shouldn't watch the game from the directors box in the ground because they couldn't guarantee his safety, which says a lot for our country.

I realise this won't sit very nice with the rankershibs.net love in (not you btw), but there you are...

No problem, we can disagree its allowed. :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
26-03-2012, 08:04 PM
if he was a youth coach in a boys league he be banned by now

And rightfully too given celtics history.

Big Frank
26-03-2012, 08:11 PM
No problem, we can disagree its allowed. :greengrin

what have you done with the real blackpoolhibs:confused::confused:

:greengrin

Kojock
26-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Big Frank posted "He makes a spot on comment that he was advised by Ibrox security that he shouldn't watch the game from the directors box in the ground because they couldn't guarantee his safety, which says a lot for our country."

Think you will find it was Celtc security that advised him not to sit in the stand.

Big Frank
26-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Big Frank posted "He makes a spot on comment that he was advised by Ibrox security that he shouldn't watch the game from the directors box in the ground because they couldn't guarantee his safety, which says a lot for our country."

Think you will find it was Celtc security that advised him not to sit in the stand.

... which says a lot for our country :aok:

Kojock
26-03-2012, 08:25 PM
... which says a lot for our country :aok:

Says more about Neil Lennon and Celtc than it does about our country.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-03-2012, 08:28 PM
TBH, the situation at Hibs concerns me far greater than the continual Lennon bitchin.

Sylar
26-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Delighted to see he's being charged - well and truly deserved.

He has reason to feel aggrieved at a couple of things - the first red was probably marginal and Rangers second goal was offside, but as a manager of a professional football club, there are ways and means of conducting yourself and he is incapable of behaving in an acceptable manner. After popping off at the officials in his press interview, he then slammed Rangers for "not allowing" him into the stand - Rangers offered him a seat in the directors box and Celtic's security staff (do any other clubs travel with their own security by the way?) said no, "for [Lennon's] safety". The guy is a complete bell end of a man.

Referee's make mistakes - some, consistently, through either a lack of knowledge of the rules, an inability to sufficiently keep up with play...in my (relatively) short time following football, I've never come across any club quite like Celtic, whereby the entire notion of refereeing error is some form of complicit campaign against the club. This "victim" mantra is rife through their club and emanates from the very top, right through to their support. Their conceited approach to pointing these injustices out last season has lead to them being on the receiving end of many "generous" decisions this year, so pardon me if I don't feel any sympathy for them getting somewhat screwed over at last.

Funny pattern emerges though - Celtic lose in 2 more high profile games, with silverware on the line and suddenly we're discussing refereeing controversy for both games and their manager is behaving like the toys have already evacuated the pram.

Always cheated, never defeated.

Quite.

Big Frank
26-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Says more about Neil Lennon and Celtc than it does about our country.

the fact that he may get attacked for being the manager of another football team, and that he is a catholic and irish says more about celtic and neil lennon than it does about our country:confused:

aye, ok.

PaulSmith
26-03-2012, 09:58 PM

The ref had a stinker, in what respect? Genuinely interested to hear comments on this one.
I'll go first and say bar missing a poor challenge in Samaras he got every other decision bang on.
2nd goal offside, only if it came of the head of the Rangers player, did it? I've seen it several times and if anything it came of Celtic player.
I bet that Murray got a really high score from the observer and rightly so.

PaulSmith
26-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Absolute nonsense as well in regards to not being safe enough to sit in the directors box.
Probably more like his security 'expert' hadn't made provision or thought what might happen should Lennon be sent to the stand and made a ill judged decision that he should remain in media room.
Lennon has been in directors box several times at Ibrox.

It also says nothing about my country.

Lennon would've been perfectly safe in directors box, to say otherwise is obscene considering he just spent the previous 45 mins within almost touching distance of the front of the main stand enclosure Rangers fans, I'm sure well heeled old gents in the directors box wouldn't cause too many problems. It certainly didn't cause a problems to the numerous Celtic people already in there.

Jonnyboy
26-03-2012, 10:10 PM
I think Lennon will walk at the end of the season. Clearly struggling with the way he is 'being treated.' As I understand it he's been charged due to his behaviour towards fourth official Ian Brines (am almost tempted to say well done Lennie for giving that joker a hard time :greengrin) but his complaints about the way he was treated relate to Callum Murray which seems to have slipped by unnoticed by some. Lennon says he spoke to the ref at half time, didn't swear, didn't point his finger and has witnesses to back that up. He further complains that Murray told him he couldn't sit in the dugout for the second half but offered no explanation as to why. Lastly, he says that he asked to speak to Murray at the end of the game, was told to come back in twenty minutes and was subsequently denied the right to speak to the referee.

Now I actually think Lennon is an odious little scrote but I actually have some sympathy for him here. If and it's BIG if he's telling the truth then surely Murray is the bad guy here? Referees demand respect and say they don't like their integrity to be questioned but and again it's a big but, if Lennon is telling the truth (he has witnesses :wink:) Murray deserves neither IMO

As an aside did anyone else notice that as McCoist shook the hands of the Celtic players (cheeky chappy that he is) Scott Brown did a Wayne Bridge and blanked him. Big bairns the lot o' them :greengrin

Purple & Green
26-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Lennon misrepresented the situation with regard to him being sent to the stand - a misrepresentation Celtic Fc were only too happy to correct today.

Rangers were happy he would be safe in the directors box, the police were happy he would be safe in the directors box so as we found out today the only person who thought he wouldn't be safe there was the Celtic security type person. That suggests to me that the celtic security type person wasn't confident Lennon would behave in a befitting manner.

Of course if he had kept his gob shut, then he needn't have bothered about having to sit somewhere other than the dug out.

Purple & Green
26-03-2012, 10:21 PM
I think Lennon will walk at the end of the season.

J,

I think there's plenty at Celtic who think that Lennons shortcomings are hidden by the fact that McCoist's Rangers are pretty dismal. I also think that Lennon's dismal big game results has hidden just how bad McCoist is.

Lennon was a cheap option whilst the tried to get Mowbray off the books. He's landed lucky with Rangers impending liquidation, but I don't think he has much of a future in Glasgow. I also don't think he'll get a bigger job - well, unless you count Northern Ireland manager as a bigger job.

PaulSmith
26-03-2012, 10:21 PM
I think Lennon will walk at the end of the season. Clearly struggling with the way he is 'being treated.' As I understand it he's been charged due to his behaviour towards fourth official Ian Brines (am almost tempted to say well done Lennie for giving that joker a hard time :greengrin) but his complaints about the way he was treated relate to Callum Murray which seems to have slipped by unnoticed by some. Lennon says he spoke to the ref at half time, didn't swear, didn't point his finger and has witnesses to back that up. He further complains that Murray told him he couldn't sit in the dugout for the second half but offered no explanation as to why. Lastly, he says that he asked to speak to Murray at the end of the game, was told to come back in twenty minutes and was subsequently denied the right to speak to the referee.

Now I actually think Lennon is an odious little scrote but I actually have some sympathy for him here. If and it's BIG if he's telling the truth then surely Murray is the bad guy here? Referees demand respect and say they don't like their integrity to be questioned but and again it's a big but, if Lennon is telling the truth (he has witnesses :wink:) Murray deserves neither IMO

As an aside did anyone else notice that as McCoist shook the hands of the Celtic players (cheeky chappy that he is) Scott Brown did a Wayne Bridge and blanked him. Big bairns the lot o' them :greengrin

There is no right to speak to a referee after a game as per Kenny Clark tonight, why would you want to confront someone again who has shown 60 mins ago that he is in incapable of speaking in a civil manner.
What benefit to the referee or Lennin would there be to a meeting anyways? Lennon will not change his view and Murray will say in his opinion why he sent the players off or requested that NL should be removed from the technical area

Jonnyboy
26-03-2012, 10:24 PM
There is no right to speak to a referee after a game as per Kenny Clark tonight, why would you want to confront someone again who has shown 60 mins ago that he is in incapable of speaking in a civil manner.
What benefit to the referee or Lennin would there be to a meeting anyways? Lennon will not change his view and Murray will say in his opinion why he sent the players off or requested that NL should be removed from the technical area

Seriously didn't know that PS - must pay more attention in future :greengrin

Kato
26-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Nothing to do with yesterdays or any specific incident but someone at Celtc should sit Lennon down and show him footage of how Jock Stein or David Hay conducted themselves as Celtc managers. They make him look like an ungentlemanly, unsportsmanlike, moany, soor-faced nyaff - which funnily enough, he is.

Big Frank
26-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Absolute nonsense as well in regards to not being safe enough to sit in the directors box.
Probably more like his security 'expert' hadn't made provision or thought what might happen should Lennon be sent to the stand and made a ill judged decision that he should remain in media room.
Lennon has been in directors box several times at Ibrox.

9 mins from your post 25 to your post 26 :wink: Lennon has never sat in the Ibrox directors box when his team can win the league. "Absolute" nonsense.:confused: You been reading the press recently. Seen what this guy has had sent through the post. Death threats. Aye, absolutely... but I'll leave this one with your quoted "probably..." :agree:

It also says nothing about my country.

I disagree. I can't think of anywhere else, certainly in European football, when a manager is advised (by whom matters not a jot) that, for his own safety he should not sit in a directors box. Can you? Its suggest quite a bit.

Lennon would've been perfectly safe in directors box, to say otherwise is obscene considering he just spent the previous 45 mins within almost touching distance of the front of the main stand enclosure Rangers fans, I'm sure well heeled old gents in the directors box wouldn't cause too many problems. It certainly didn't cause a problems to the numerous Celtic people already in there.

"obscene":confused: Have a word mate.

Big Frank
26-03-2012, 10:38 PM

Cracking post JC :thumbsup:

PaulSmith
27-03-2012, 06:11 AM
"obscene":confused: Have a word mate.

BF, tell me what the grounds for his security person saying that he could't guarantee his safety were? In case you didn't notice there were thousands of police at the game plus several hundred stewards.

IMO his security person has been caught napping and hadn't done his job properly with no risk assessment, he panicked and made a poorly judged decision.

Not taking away all the previous NL has had to suffer and the courts will decide the fate of those in the next couple of days but let's not kid ourselves that a poor decision from a Celtic security personal here is the root cause, it's not as if he was asked to sit in the middle of the Govan Stand.

ps Did Mercer being advised not to come to ER 'sum up this country' as well?

Beefster
27-03-2012, 07:27 AM

2nd goal offside? hmmm.

It'll sit nicely with the Hibs.net conspiracy theory society though. I agree that the referee was terrible on Sunday but it wasn't part of some concerted effort to stop Celtic winning the SPL at Greyskull. It was just mistakes/incompetence on the part of the officials.

You're right though - Rangers got everything in the game. Except for the Bocanegra red card, the penalty and another yellow to some other Rangers player.

As an aside did anyone else notice that as McCoist shook the hands of the Celtic players (cheeky chappy that he is) Scott Brown did a Wayne Bridge and blanked him.

Another example of how Brown is a classless twat, JB. Someone will probably be on soon to tell us how refusing someone's handshake is the mark of a winner though.

Kojock
27-03-2012, 09:42 AM
the fact that he may get attacked for being the manager of another football team, and that he is a catholic and irish says more about celtic and neil lennon than it does about our country:confused:

aye, ok.

Many other managers of Scottish clubs have been involved in incidents away from the pitch by opposing "fans". There are numerous Irish Catholics working/living in Scotland who go about their everyday business without incident.

I dont dislike Neil Lennon because of his birthplace or religion. I dislike him because he is a torn faced tw@t and is incapable of behaving himself.

IMHO the reason he was advised not to sit in the stand is because the Celtc security could not be sure that Lennon would behave himself.

JimBHibees
27-03-2012, 09:54 AM

2nd goal offside? hmmm.

Nothing debatable about a 2 footed challenge, clear red card. Not sure it was offside either as dont think it was clear whether it was the Rangers or Celtc player that headed it.

First sending off was soft as not much contact however when he decided it was a foul it probably was a red as looked like a clear goal scoring opportunity.

JimBHibees
27-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Many other managers of Scottish clubs have been involved in incidents away from the pitch by opposing "fans". There are numerous Irish Catholics working/living in Scotland who go about their everyday business without incident.

I dont dislike Neil Lennon because of his birthplace or religion. I dislike him because he is a torn faced tw@t and is incapable of behaving himself.IMHO the reason he was advised not to sit in the stand is because the Celtc security could not be sure that Lennon would behave himself.

Bit in bold, nail on head. He is classless in the extreme and appears to have no concept of the impact of his behaviour. The last game at Ibrox last season after all the nonsense that had went on he decides that it is a good idea to 'cup his ears', what an erse.

Again on Sunday after being advised by police of his actions he is bouncing about the technical area screaming at all and sundry. He is incapable of behaving in an appropriate manner and the slavish support his club have given him has IMO encouraged him to continue his putrid actions.

Beefster
27-03-2012, 10:03 AM
I dont dislike Neil Lennon because of his birthplace or religion. I dislike him because he is a torn faced tw@t and is incapable of behaving himself.

A lot of people will dislike him for the same reasons. Some will dislike him because of his religion and nationality though.

silverhibee
27-03-2012, 11:28 AM

When Hibs beat Rangers 3-0 under Calderwood, Riordan and a few other players were up in the main stand watching the game, when the second went in the security had to remove to remove them for there own safety, the angry bears decided to vent there anger out on mainly Deek and the younger lads, rather than the security having a word with the nutjobs that are threatening and abusing the players, they take the easy route out and remove the players, they had to sit in the dressing room for the rest of the game.

It would have been chaos if Lennon went up and sat in the Directors box, his security team made the right choice.

Only in Scotland does a manager need security and police protection every time celtc play a game.

FFS it is only a game of football.

Kojock
27-03-2012, 12:15 PM

Maybe someone should tell Rangers and Celtic that because from where Im sitting there seems to be a lot more involved than football between the pair.:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Another example of how Brown is a classless twat, JB. Someone will probably be on soon to tell us how refusing someone's handshake is the mark of a winner though.

I’m sure I saw Brown shake McCoist’s hand.

On another note – referee’s are unaccountable and are therefore untouchable, that’s why they can send someone to the stand with no explanation at the time or later.

PaulSmith
27-03-2012, 02:34 PM

On another note – referee’s are unaccountable and are therefore untouchable, that’s why they can send someone to the stand with no explanation at the time or later.

They must submit a report within a certain number of hours explaining every caution, ordering off and touch line misconduct. Must be done, I think, immediately after the game which negates the possibility of seeing it again on tv.

I'm sure you may also agree the they are one of the must accountable group of people involved in the game, they're the ones that get their windows tanned, cars wrecked, work emails flooded if they make an error. They get abuse from reporters and ex players who fail to even learn the basics of offside or tackles.

And they get hauled back to hampden to 'go over the game'

Ask Steve Conroy what happens if you make high profile errors.

Hibrandenburg
27-03-2012, 03:03 PM
When Hibs beat Rangers 3-0 under Calderwood, Riordan and a few other players were up in the main stand watching the game, when the second went in the security had to remove to remove them for there own safety, the angry bears decided to vent there anger out on mainly Deek and the younger lads, rather than the security having a word with the nutjobs that are threatening and abusing the players, they take the easy route out and remove the players, they had to sit in the dressing room for the rest of the game.

It would have been chaos if Lennon went up and sat in the Directors box, his security team made the right choice.

Only in Scotland does a manager need security and police protection every time celtc play a game.

Wasn't that long ago that some on here were foaming about St Johnstone fans having the audacity to give vocal support to their team in our hospitality stand. Think we might be being a bit hypocritical here somewhat.

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2012, 05:38 PM
They must submit a report within a certain number of hours explaining every caution, ordering off and touch line misconduct. Must be done, I think, immediately after the game which negates the possibility of seeing it again on tv.

I'm sure you may also agree the they are one of the must accountable group of people involved in the game, they're the ones that get their windows tanned, cars wrecked, work emails flooded if they make an error. They get abuse from reporters and ex players who fail to even learn the basics of offside or tackles.

And they get hauled back to hampden to 'go over the game'

Ask Steve Conroy what happens if you make high profile errors.

Tanning their windows and that obviously isn't right. The boys club thing they have that isn't right - they all club together to defend one and other when they make a howler, even the blatant ones. That dishonesty makes me wonder how I'm meant to believe they're honest all the time. And the arrogance they portray on the field - the Hugh Dallas "look at me" style of refereeing really pees me off.

silverhibee
27-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Wasn't that long ago that some on here were foaming about St Johnstone fans having the audacity to give vocal support to their team in our hospitality stand. Think we might be being a bit hypocritical here somewhat.

Erm i dont think so, they were there as part of the Hibs squad that night, and had to be removed for there own safety because bampots were threatening members of Hibs staff. :rolleyes:, they weren't in hospitality, so you have jumped the gun a bit i think.

Mon_the_cabbage
27-03-2012, 06:40 PM

You'd do well to consider that this can happen at Easter Road too.

A few years back I watched a Hibs supporter punch and kick the then assistant manager of Rangers after a Hibs v Rangers game.

Hibrandenburg
27-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Same difference. Don't want to get off topic but think it's a little hypocritical for us to say that the filthies are a disgrace for intimidating away players/managers when we've got fans wanting to pagger guests in our hospitality. He who throws the first stone and all that.

Scouse Hibee
27-03-2012, 06:42 PM
BF, tell me what the grounds for his security person saying that he could't guarantee his safety were? In case you didn't notice there were thousands of police at the game plus several hundred stewards.

IMO his security person has been caught napping and hadn't done his job properly with no risk assessment, he panicked and made a poorly judged decision.

Not taking away all the previous NL has had to suffer and the courts will decide the fate of those in the next couple of days but let's not kid ourselves that a poor decision from a Celtic security personal here is the root cause, it's not as if he was asked to sit in the middle of the Govan Stand.

How do you know there was no risk assessment, ever heard of a dynamic risk assessment? How do you judge his decision was poor? Was Lennon hurt, involved in any trouble or did he leave Ibrox safely? Do you know anything about Security/Protection etc?

Big Frank
27-03-2012, 09:30 PM

What you say is completely true. In the context of Rankgers and Neil Lennon.... its because he is an Irish Catholic, and by jove the manager of the soapies.

Yes, yes he is. I couldn't stand his nastiness as a player and I have no time for him as a manager. He is definately a twat :agree:

IMHO the reason he was advised not to sit in the stand is because the Celtc security could not be sure that Lennon would behave himself.

Thats your opinion. I think its wrong, but respect it.

Nothing debatable about a 2 footed challenge, clear red card. Not sure it was offside either as dont think it was clear whether it was the Rangers or Celtc player that headed it.

I found this Jim B : "A player who jumps into a tackle two-footed is not in control of himself and therefore if he makes contact with the player, ball and player, or if the referee determines there to be excessive malice in the challenge, he will be dismissed."

The soapy players feet did not leave the ground, he made no contact with the player, there was definately no malice, and whittakers challenge was just below the knee... not as clear cut as you make out.

First sending off was soft as not much contact however when he decided it was a foul it probably was a red as looked like a clear goal scoring opportunity.

The first sending off was a joke. Never in a million years was it a sending off. The ex yam went down like he had been shot, he even went down side ways (when looking from the angle behind the goal from the rangers end, the yam tries to tangle with the soapys legs). I would have been ragin if a Hibs player walked for that. It wasnae soft, it was nonsense!

I think there are many reasons for Neil Lennon to watch out for his safety at Ibrox on a day the soapys can win the league, not too long after the trial with bullets and death threats. I think thats a given.
[/B]

I have no idea if a risk assessment was done, indeed if anyone panicked, but I respect your opinion of this.

You have suggested that there has been a poor decision by someone in the last paragraph, and stated it as fact in this one.

yes Paul. It most certainly does. This is not an anti rankgers or celtc bash and it is no difference what club is doing it, be it hibs or hertz or inverness. (tho' there is the other "west coast" taint that is bigotry. Wallet wasnae hated for his religious beliefs :wink:)

Big Frank
27-03-2012, 09:35 PM

talking about Scott Brown, I heard the celtic captain has visited Fabrice Muamba in hospital. "its great, he can almost string a sentence together" said Fabrice......

essexhibee
27-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Touch of class from mccoist at the end of the match I thought. Scott Brown could have been so much more...another lost talent who could have gone on to better things but instead chose being able to have a drink with his pallies and settling for the SPL.

Hibernia&Alba
27-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Lennon creates a lot of his own problems with his conduct, no question. He has a big mouth and a short fuse. However, some of the treatment he has been subjected to in Scotland over the years has been a sectarian and racist disgrace, not least the attack from the mini-Hun at the PBS. The fact is he represents everything that a large minority of Scots hate - a Catholic from Northern ireland and an Irish nationalist, and his background and beliefs explain a great deal of the hatred directed his way. Death threats and bullets in the post. Yes, he can be a buffoon, but we all know the agenda that fans of certain clubs are following.

Lucius Apuleius
28-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Lennon creates a lot of his own problems with his conduct, no question. He has a big mouth and a short fuse. However, some of the treatment he has been subjected to in Scotland over the years has been a sectarian and racist disgrace, not least the attack from the mini-Hun at the PBS. The fact is he represents everything that a large minority of Scots hate - a Catholic from Northern ireland and an Irish nationalist, and his background and beliefs explain a great deal of the hatred directed his way. Death threats and bullets in the post. Yes, he can be a buffoon, but we all know the agenda that fans of certain clubs are following.

How much is a huge minority? I am a church going person. I prefer to say a member of the Church of Scotland as opposed to protestant but that is another story. Where he comes from and what religion he is has absolutely nothing at all to do with my feelings for him. I just think the man is a scrote of the highest degree. The things he has had done to him is obviously wrong in any man's books however I would argue it is down to his demeanour and actions more than his religion or nationality. You are displaying a paranoia that would be welcomed by the lesser greens. If you could expand on the "agenda" it would be appreciated as well.

Kojock
28-03-2012, 08:47 AM
talking about Scott Brown, I heard the celtic captain has visited Fabrice Muamba in hospital. "its great, he can almost string a sentence together" said Fabrice......

:faf::faf:

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2012, 11:01 AM
How much is a huge minority? I am a church going person. I prefer to say a member of the Church of Scotland as opposed to protestant but that is another story. Where he comes from and what religion he is has absolutely nothing at all to do with my feelings for him. I just think the man is a scrote of the highest degree. The things he has had done to him is obviously wrong in any man's books however I would argue it is down to his demeanour and actions more than his religion or nationality. You are displaying a paranoia that would be welcomed by the lesser greens. If you could expand on the "agenda" it would be appreciated as well.

I don't think it's paranoid at all. I'm not suggesting for a moment that only reason people dislike the guy is because of his background. I don't like the guy myself for the way he conducts himself. I feel he lacks class and decorum. But within the context of the Old Firm, with its religious divide and its political divide regarding Ireland, Lennon being Celtic manager pushes all the buttons that bring out the worst in some people in our society. Rangers fans alone represent a large minority in Scotland, and with the sectarian problems at that club, the hatred many of their fans feel for Lennon goes way beyond football. Similarly the attack at Tynie, and at numerous stadia in Scotland Lennon has been subjected to terrible sectarian abuse - Killie and Motherwell, to name a couple. That's the agenda some of our compatriots are following. It's a sectarian and racist agenda that sadly reflects the divisions that still exist in Scotland. Again I must reiterate that I'm not saying for a moment that anybody who dislikes Lennon is a bigot. I'm saying that who he is and what he is, combined with his being Celtic manager, is enough for some to hate him, and that's when we end up with death threats.

By the way, I doubt very much that those responsible for Scotland's sectarian problem are regular churchgoers of any kind.

Hibs Class
28-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Touch of class from mccoist at the end of the match I thought. Scott Brown could have been so much more...another lost talent who could have gone on to better things but instead chose being able to have a drink with his pallies and settling for the SPL.

It's not the first time I've seen McCoist act in a way that could be described as having class, after his team has won. A better way in which to judge his class though is when his team has lost, and IMHO he is generally found wanting.

Lucius Apuleius
28-03-2012, 12:24 PM
I don't think it's paranoid at all. I'm not suggesting for a moment that only reason people dislike the guy is because of his background. I don't like the guy myself for the way he conducts himself. I feel he lacks class and decorum. But within the context of the Old Firm, with its religious divide and its political divide regarding Ireland, Lennon being Celtic manager pushes all the buttons that bring out the worst in some people in our society. Rangers fans alone represent a large minority in Scotland, and with the sectarian problems at that club, the hatred many of their fans feel for Lennon goes way beyond football. Similarly the attack at Tynie, and at numerous stadia in Scotland Lennon has been subjected to terrible sectarian abuse - Killie and Motherwell, to name a couple. That's the agenda some of our compatriots are following. It's a sectarian and racist agenda that sadly reflects the divisions that still exist in Scotland. Again I must reiterate that I'm not saying for a moment that anybody who dislikes Lennon is a bigot. I'm saying that who he is and what he is, combined with his being Celtic manager, is enough for some to hate him, and that's when we end up with death threats.

By the way, I doubt very much that those responsible for Scotland's sectarian problem are regular churchgoers of any kind.

Last sentence is absolutely correct without a shadow of doubt.

Still not convinced by your argument though. I don't think it would matter where he is from or what he is he would still be hated because of his antics. O'Neill was Irish and I don't recall him getting the same abuse.

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Last sentence is absolutely correct without a shadow of doubt.

Still not convinced by your argument though. I don't think it would matter where he is from or what he is he would still be hated because of his antics. O'Neill was Irish and I don't recall him getting the same abuse.

I'm convinced that amongst those who feel the real hatred towards the man, their emnity is fuelled by more than just football and has been since the day he signed for Celtic as a player. Remember the fact he had to stop playing for his country because of it. If it was just about the football and nothing else, why would a man be forced to stop representing his country by its own fans? That hatred isn't just confined to Northern Ireland, either. Lennon has had his life threatened a number of times in Scotland, where the same divisions exist. That moron who attacked him at Tynie - why Lennon? Simply because he is a bad loser?

JimBHibees
28-03-2012, 12:55 PM
It's not the first time I've seen McCoist act in a way that could be described as having class, after his team has won. A better way in which to judge his class though is when his team has lost, and IMHO he is generally found wanting.

Nail on head IMO, very easy to be a good winner. It is when you lose that you prove whether you have class or not. Almost as if he wanted something to happen to try and claim some moral high ground.

Lucius Apuleius
28-03-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm convinced that amongst those who feel the real hatred towards the man, their emnity is fuelled by more than just football and has been since the day he signed for Celtic as a player. Remember the fact he had to stop playing for his country because of it. If it was just about the football and nothing else, why would a man be forced to stop representing his country by its own fans? That hatred isn't just confined to Northern Ireland, either. Lennon has had his life threatened a number of times in Scotland, where the same divisions exist. That moron who attacked him at Tynie - why Lennon? Simply because he is a bad loser?

Then that is your opinion mate and well entitled to it. Why Lennon? What was the guy found guilty of again? Nothing to with bigotry if I recall.